PDA

View Full Version : One year later: Is this man trustworthy?

mogrovejo
01-22-2010, 07:46 PM
Sec. 3. Closure of Detention Facilities at Guantánamo. (http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_office/closureofguantanamodetentionfacilities/) The detention facilities at Guantánamo for individuals covered by this order shall be closed as soon as practicable, and no later than 1 year from the date of this order. ...
BARACK OBAMA

THE WHITE HOUSE,
January 22, 2009.

ChumpDumper
01-22-2010, 07:49 PM
as soon as practicableStupid thread.

Marcus Bryant
01-22-2010, 11:09 PM
Stimulating thread.

Nbadan
01-23-2010, 02:29 AM
You seriously want to argue that Obama hasn't closed Gitmo fast enough?

Winehole23
01-23-2010, 08:22 AM
Running down the personal character of politicians is kind of like a canned hunt. There's no valor, and very little honor, in hitting the target.

boutons_deux
01-23-2010, 10:26 AM
Trustworthy isn't the term.

Magic Negro is a ball-less chickenshit, letting the Repugs scream him down, saying the US prisons are too insecure to hold these UNTRIED/UNCONVICTED, God-like-powerful people.

jack sommerset
01-23-2010, 11:25 AM
Uh, no, he is not trustworthy. Duh.

mogrovejo
01-23-2010, 12:36 PM
You seriously want to argue that Obama hasn't closed Gitmo fast enough?

No, although I can if you really want to.

Running down the personal character of politicians is kind of like a canned hunt. There's no valor, and very little honor, in hitting the target.

This isn't about personal character, but political trust.

When in the next SOTU, Obama delivers whatever Axelrod wrote and promises that he'll do this or achieve that, who's going to give him the benefit of doubt?

George Gervin's Afro
01-23-2010, 12:38 PM
Uh, no, he is not trustworthy. Duh.

but you'll vote for other untrustworthy people.. nice convictions jack..:lmao

ElNono
01-23-2010, 03:00 PM
What politician is trustworthy?

spursncowboys
01-23-2010, 03:45 PM
What politician is trustworthy?

So are corrupt politicians the exception to the rule or the standard?

elbamba
01-23-2010, 03:47 PM
A year in office allows a president to realize that it is easy to say some things, but walking the walk is quite something else. I am not mad for Obama for not closing Gitmo, its stupid really considering that we have 10 other bases that are the exact same. Maybe its because we are on the same Island of Che or maybe it is simply the symbolic nature of Gitmo, but I don't see what the real fuss is over it.

spursncowboys
01-23-2010, 05:44 PM
A year in office allows a president to realize that it is easy to say some things, but walking the walk is quite something else. I am not mad for Obama for not closing Gitmo, its stupid really considering that we have 10 other bases that are the exact same. Maybe its because we are on the same Island of Che or maybe it is simply the symbolic nature of Gitmo, but I don't see what the real fuss is over it.
+1.
Maybe he can let go of all his campaign promises and just start from scratch or necesity. It's a good thing we have Gitmo open since that is where all the aid for haiti is going through.

jack sommerset
01-23-2010, 06:17 PM
but you'll vote for other untrustworthy people.. nice convictions jack..:lmao

Hopefully it won't come to that but yes, stupid. Biggest liar in history of US Presidents, I doubt the next one will even come close. You keep forgetting that little nugget.

ElNono
01-23-2010, 06:20 PM
So are corrupt politicians the exception to the rule or the standard?

Breaking promises is not necessarily being corrupt. That said, being corrupt is certainly the standard, not the exception IMO. And this has very little to do with parties.