PDA

View Full Version : We Suck

ezau
01-22-2010, 10:31 PM
How can anyone argue with it?

Creation88
01-22-2010, 10:32 PM
officially time to hit the PANIC button.

superjames1992
01-22-2010, 10:33 PM
No, we don't. We're not a great team, but we're pretty decent. I think we've just been spoiled.

We're still the fourth seed in the West.

That said, this team probably isn't Finals-caliber.

nbaman99
01-22-2010, 10:34 PM
we're not the most feared any more. Sad to say it but dallas is way better than us and Rockets got more heart than us.

Creation88
01-22-2010, 10:35 PM
a big part of it is shot selection: it's terrible.

ezau
01-22-2010, 10:36 PM
We're done and it's sad to see Duncan's final playing years wasted this day. The FO did the best they could but our coach has been so stubborn all year long. I wouldn't mind seeing Duncan and Manu walk away playing for another team if that gives them an opportunity to win another ring

slick'81
01-22-2010, 10:36 PM
oh no we suck again

Spurs Brazil
01-22-2010, 10:39 PM
Same shit different bowl. Out in the first round.

The way we're playing we'll be lucky to be in the playoffs

z0sa
01-22-2010, 10:39 PM
It's really sad that this team has had the second easiest schedule in the NBA and still has shown no real improvement since day 1, or even last season.

We still have the same scoring droughts for the same long lengths of time.
We still can't get stops.
Injuries are still slowing us down.
Our offseason acquisitions end up overrated by a large margin.

nbaman99
01-22-2010, 10:40 PM
we used to stop people at the dime, what happened to that?

easy7
01-22-2010, 10:40 PM
So what is new?

z0sa
01-22-2010, 10:41 PM
This team could contend for a title with just their offense.

Creation88
01-22-2010, 10:47 PM
21-46. 3rd QTR point differential in January. that's why we suck right now.

HarlemHeat37
01-22-2010, 10:53 PM
The Spurs are an above average team, it's something we'll have to deal with..everybody needs to lower the expectations..an above average team has just as good of a chance at winning a game than it does losing a game when they're playing an average team or better..that's the Spurs, people need to accept it..

This team really needs help to play D, the players on the roster simply can't do it..

The coaching has been atrocious this year as well..we can all blame the players, which is logical, but the coach deserves just as much blame this year..

This team also plays with very little energy and intensity, it was like this last year too..

ShoogarBear
01-22-2010, 11:01 PM

D'Antoni Forum.

Dro210
01-22-2010, 11:04 PM
We are a good team. That's the most frustrating thing. You can see it in the runs they make, but they don't keep their intensity near the level it needs to be. Jefferson is the worst 95% of the time, he stands around and watches shit happen around him. It's ridiculous, I don't know why Pop doesn't get all over him for it. So, agreed with HarlemHeat that the coaching has also not been what it needs to be.

It's not that we aren't finishing either... it's that we're slacking so hard in the 3rd and early 4th that we can't catch up in the end. It seems like we make a run late in all these loses, but it's just too little too late.

Spurs Brazil
01-22-2010, 11:07 PM
We are a good team. That's the most frustrating thing.

A team that play that kind of defense is not a good team. We're pathetic

We've been winning in TD era with defense and see guys like Jefferson and Dice playing defense and Pop playing small ball make me sad

z0sa
01-22-2010, 11:08 PM
D'Antoni Forum.

The truth hurts.

leemajors
01-22-2010, 11:09 PM
spurs could easily lose 6 in a row

Creation88
01-22-2010, 11:10 PM
pisses me off that they crapped all over Tim's 20,000 pt game.

easy7
01-22-2010, 11:10 PM
If Manu is hurt again there goes the season...I don't think Dick can pick up the slack.

TIMMYD!
01-22-2010, 11:11 PM
All that jumping I did when I heard we acquired RJ was just a waste of my fucking time. Although I can't put all the blame on him.

Pistons < Spurs
my team sucks more than yours.

easy7
pisses me off that they crapped all over Tim's 20,000 pt game.

And on the game before his 20,000 pt game.

murpjf88
01-22-2010, 11:13 PM
If Manu is hurt again there goes the season...I don't think Dick can pick up the slack.

Hardly. All Manu's damage comes in the first half. His shot is flat in the second half and his three point shot is non existent.

Spurs Brazil
01-22-2010, 11:14 PM
my team sucks more than yours.

I miss 2005 defense.

mookie2001
01-22-2010, 11:29 PM
who gets the blame for manu's turnovers tonight?

cd98
01-22-2010, 11:32 PM
For five minutes in the first half of each game, we look like the most dominant team in the NBA. By midway through the third, we look like an expansion team. In the fourth we become a desperation three point shooting team trying to get back into the game.

Not a winning formula.

newacc
01-22-2010, 11:33 PM
Tony Parker is broke down right now. He's lost a lot. He reminds me of an 11 year veteran.

Josepatches_
01-22-2010, 11:34 PM
Well,our defense isn't great right now but our offense is worse.

Pop or the PG suck and our plays suck.I don't know who makes the plays but all the NBA teams know us.
First: The fucking pick & roll between Tony and Tim and if Tony can then he goes to the hoop,shoots or pass the ball for a JS.
Second: Parker pass to F/SG who pass inside the ball to TD in the post.
Third: Parker dribbles,and dribbles and dribbles and dribbles to end with a JS or passing the ball for a JS

It's time to made something new.Defense is very important but we must learn how to score too.

Chomag
01-22-2010, 11:38 PM
It's really sad that this team has had the second easiest schedule in the NBA and still has shown no real improvement since day 1, or even last season.

We still have the same scoring droughts for the same long lengths of time.
We still can't get stops.
Injuries are still slowing us down.
Our offseason acquisitions end up overrated by a large margin.

Spurs current record is all fools gold. Not very many below 500 teams left to ply to make the Spurs look better then what they are.

spurtech09
01-22-2010, 11:41 PM
pop small ball doesn't work for this team.....screw small ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NZ Spurs
01-22-2010, 11:44 PM
We Suck

If you are talking about we, as in cry baby Spurs fans on this board, then yes, I can't argue with that statement.

Spursox
01-22-2010, 11:44 PM
We suck at Defense, We suck at second half adjustments and Tony Parker needs better court vision

mexicanjunior
01-22-2010, 11:55 PM
Welcome to 2 months ago...only difference now is all the "It's only _____" BS has dried up and people are actually opening their eyes...WE FUCKING TOLD YOU SO!

Obstructed_View
01-23-2010, 12:24 AM

Not when they're starting Bogans. If they went to a "fuck it, let's outscore the other team" mentality, they'd probably be fine. Funny how the ability to score keeps a team's energy up. The Spurs start to give up easy baskets on one end and start pressing on the other.

SouthTexasRancher
01-23-2010, 12:32 AM
No, we don't. We're not a great team, but we're pretty decent. I think we've just been spoiled.

You need to watch a Spurs game. It is obvious you haven't seen them play this season. With bery little emphasis on the word 'play'!

kace
01-23-2010, 05:35 AM
who gets the blame for manu's turnovers tonight?

try TP. it usually works here.

wijayas
01-23-2010, 06:05 AM
Same shit different bowl. Out in the first round.

The way we play now, we may not make the playoff!!!!!!! :bang :bang

Danny.Zhu
01-23-2010, 07:51 AM
The team got enough talent, so obviously Pop screwed up.

intothechaos
01-23-2010, 08:08 AM
This is so true. We suck cause Pop and players who can't dig deep and find the desire to want to win anymore. This is so sad. Pop need to get his head out of his behind and start acting like a real coach cause he's getting outsmarted by his counterparts. This small ball crap is getting so old and this team is so preidictible that it's pathetic. We have a PG who is looking after his own best interest and has no court vision what's so ever. Tell me how is it that Manu and Mason can always get the ball to Blair or Tim so easy on the pick and rolls and Tony can't? This dude needs to wake up and start playing like PG. Instead he wants to take it in when there is 3 bigs in front of him and he thinks he can do it all. He's a joke. He will never be in the same league as Rod Strickland, the best PG the spurs ever had. And then there's Bonner. I am sick of people defending this guy. He IS good BUT all he does is shoot 3's and that's it. You can say he had a ok game against the Rockets, but lets see him do those moves in a playoff game. He is a defense LIABILITY and that's a fact. The Cons far, I mean FAR outweigh the pros with this guy. If anyone can prove me wrong then try. Cause you will be wrong. Fellow fans you see we are up against a more Athletic league now that the Spurs brass think we're still living in the championship days. They need to realize this and so does Pop. POP you said we need to get more athletic.... Well you did that but you have denied to put in the athletic players you have in favor of your favs. You need to start trusting the young guys no matter the mistakes. And the way we are playing now wouldn't hurt to give the guys a chance. But your not gonna do that so we will continue to spiral out of contention cause of you.

Rito3d30
01-23-2010, 09:11 AM

the schedule of march and April really scares the shit out of me:wow
the second half of the season might be worse than the first half:wakeup

Joaquin Phoenix
04-16-2010, 08:31 AM
Bump?

Muser
04-16-2010, 08:39 AM
lol spurs

cd98
04-16-2010, 08:43 AM
The Spurs are the deepest, talentwise, that they've been in the Tim Duncan Era. The problem, our great players are now just good players. We don't have anyone that dominates, but we can go deep into our bench with good quality players.

Back in the day, Tim Duncan could win titles with lesser talent because of his greatness. Now that he is 34 and not at dominant, he relies on better play from his teammates. Tony hasn't been dominant this year. And Manu didn't start dominating until the end of the season.

Not sure how these three will do in the playoffs, but if none of them can step up and dominate, then we'll need a well balanced effort from all players up and down the bench.

boutons_deux
04-16-2010, 08:53 AM
When Spurs' rotation includes minute-sucking deadbeats like Mason and Centerpiece, they aren't deeply talented.

In playoffs, we'll see if RJ's contribution goes down (like Finley's) or up, like winners.

bobby4germany
04-16-2010, 08:54 AM
The Spurs are the deepest, talentwise, that they've been in the Tim Duncan Era. The problem, our great players are now just good players. We don't have anyone that dominates, but we can go deep into our bench with good quality players.

Back in the day, Tim Duncan could win titles with lesser talent because of his greatness. Now that he is 34 and not at dominant, he relies on better play from his teammates. Tony hasn't been dominant this year. And Manu didn't start dominating until the end of the season.

Not sure how these three will do in the playoffs, but if none of them can step up and dominate, then we'll need a well balanced effort from all players up and down the bench.

UMMMMMM OK :rolleyes

cd98
04-16-2010, 09:08 AM
UMMMMMM OK :rolleyes

No MVP Candidats on this team
No defense player of year candidates on this team
No first or second team all NBA candidates on this team
Maybe Tim gets to third team All NBA
No 20 point scorers on this team

Tim Duncan's numbers are career lows
Our record was the worst in the Tim Duncan Era
Our seeding was the worst in the Tim Duncan Era
Our defense was the worst in the Tim Duncan Era

I could go on. Our players are not as dominate as in years past. We have more depth than ever, but no one was playing on a top tier level.

Not to say people weren't playing well for stretches or that they had bad seasons. But I distinguish dominate seasons from good seasons. I don't know if this team will raise its game to playoff level. They have in years past, but this year is unlike any other.

bobby4germany
04-16-2010, 09:25 AM
Wow you really look at things as the glass half empty don’t you.

Even as bad as the season seemed:

We still got 50 wins
We still have a winning road record
We stole a rookie who is capable of putting up 20/20 nights if given the minutes
We found out Manu can still be Manu (even if it took awhile)
G. Hill is in the talks for MIP (no he wont get it but he was acknowledged)
We are going into the playoffs with a healthy big 3

Be happy with what this team has given you cause it could be much worse!

Do we have enough to make it to the finals? I have no idea but I will be cheering for them the whole way and not whining about how thinks could have been!

Danny.Zhu
04-16-2010, 09:34 AM
No MVP Candidats on this team
No defense player of year candidates on this team
No first or second team all NBA candidates on this team
Maybe Tim gets to third team All NBA
No 20 point scorers on this team

Tim Duncan's numbers are career lows
Our record was the worst in the Tim Duncan Era
Our seeding was the worst in the Tim Duncan Era
Our defense was the worst in the Tim Duncan Era

I could go on. Our players are not as dominate as in years past. We have more depth than ever, but no one was playing on a top tier level.

Not to say people weren't playing well for stretches or that they had bad seasons. But I distinguish dominate seasons from good seasons. I don't know if this team will raise its game to playoff level. They have in years past, but this year is unlike any other.

Totally agreed.

cd98
04-16-2010, 09:41 AM
Wow you really look at things as the glass half empty don’t you.

Even as bad as the season seemed:

We still got 50 wins
We still have a winning road record
We stole a rookie who is capable of putting up 20/20 nights if given the minutes
We found out Manu can still be Manu (even if it took awhile)
G. Hill is in the talks for MIP (no he wont get it but he was acknowledged)
We are going into the playoffs with a healthy big 3

Be happy with what this team has given you cause it could be much worse!

Do we have enough to make it to the finals? I have no idea but I will be cheering for them the whole way and not whining about how thinks could have been!

I am happy. I'm glad we made the playoffs and made a second half run that got me away from the ledge. But be realistic, this is not the position we imagined the Spurs would be in at the beginning of the season. They've admitted as much. I still like our team, but there is truth to the fact that we are a little too old on our superstars and a little to young on our up and coming stars. Tony, being the age exception, has struggled with injuries all year.

I hope we beat the Mavs. I can't stand them. But I can't tell you what kind of team we will have this post season as this is a team has surprised me all year: in good ways and bad.