PDA

View Full Version : Is Roger Mason Jr. in Pop's Dog House?

superjames1992
01-22-2010, 10:56 PM
Seriously, what happened to him? He was getting a good deal of playing time just a few games ago, but since then, he's barely seen the floor.

spurs1990
01-22-2010, 10:57 PM
Who the fuck knows what Pop is thinking these days.

You remember when Mase was hitting game winning shots? Yeah, it was just last season.

Man I feel sorry for Tim Duncan.

HarlemHeat37
01-22-2010, 10:58 PM
I don't really care about what's happening to Mason, all I know is that Pop has lost all ability to coach this team right now..something needs to change, I don't know what it is, but something needs to change..

If you aren't going to use Mason, trade him with the other expiring contracts for a fucking BIG MAN..a REAL big man, not a fucking 6'5 SF that you'll use in the frontcourt during small ball..

Brazil
01-22-2010, 10:58 PM
good question

I think pop is senile

Dro210
01-22-2010, 11:00 PM
Mason needs to play more, and Bogans needs to play less... I don't know whats goin on

Spurs Brazil
01-22-2010, 11:03 PM
Put Dice and Jefferson in the doghouse and give the key to the dog eat

THEY SUCKS

MaNu4Tres
01-22-2010, 11:06 PM
Mason isn't the reason whether he plays or not. It's Tony and Manu's inability to create easy shots for themselves and others as their minutes climb above 25 during the course of the game. They are a step slower in that regard. One thing that would help is a 4th consistent scorer than can put the ball on the floor and create for himself and others.

I originally thought RJ would be that, but unfortunately I was dead wrong. RJ has been a huge dissapointment. IMO.

Creation88
01-22-2010, 11:07 PM
team is just not what we want. Tony and Manu are so far off this year it's sad.

DBlair, George Hill, and Tim are the only players right now.

TIMMYD!
01-22-2010, 11:07 PM
RJ. Who the fuck is RJ?

Knew not to get excited for this game.

DesignatedT
01-22-2010, 11:10 PM
do you really not know the question to this.

this is the worst defense we have had in the duncan era. we just let the rockets shoot 58% on us for the whole game. pop is trying to go with bogans because he knows are defense sucks, and roger is the worst on the ball defender on the spurs 15 man roster.

thats all. our offense still put up 109 tonight without roger... and offense is all he brings to the table. we need DEFENSE.

MaNu4Tres
01-22-2010, 11:16 PM
do you really not know the question to this.

this is the worst defense we have had in the duncan era. we just let the rockets shoot 58% on us for the whole game. pop is trying to go with bogans because he knows are defense sucks, and roger is the worst on the ball defender on the spurs 15 man roster.

thats all. our offense still put up 109 tonight without roger... and offense is all he brings to the table. we need DEFENSE.

With Duncan's man setting picks that's what happens. It has happened all year and last year and the year before. Pop has a big hard on with small ball since his team climbed out of a 3-1 hole with it in 2006. What he doesn't realize is that Duncan's man was Diop and Dampier during the series. Therefore Duncan was left protecting the rim as Dirk was the main screener in pick and rolls.

Pop really tries to outsmart himself sometimes and it pisses me the F*** off.

Dro210
01-22-2010, 11:19 PM
Mason is a role player, he needs to be allowed to play his role.... When we go on these horrendous scoring droughts, he should be one of, if not the 1st guy Pop looks to off the bench for a quick scoring shot in the arm.

DesignatedT
01-22-2010, 11:22 PM
With Duncan's man setting picks that's what happens. It has happened all year and last year and the year before. Pop has a big hard on with small ball since his team climbed out of a 3-1 hole with it in 2006. What he doesn't realize is that Duncan's man was Diop and Dampier during the series. Therefore Duncan was left protecting the rim as Dirk was the main screener in pick and rolls.

Pop really tries to outsmart himself sometimes and it pisses me the F*** off.

Jefferson is to slow on defense to gaurd other opposing 3's. He cant stay with players like josh howard and so on. Pop is forced in that regard to play RJ at the 4, because you cant just let rj (17 mil/yr) sit an rot on the bench.

MaNu4Tres
01-22-2010, 11:25 PM
Jefferson is to slow on defense to gaurd other opposing 3's. He cant stay with players like josh howard and so on. Pop is forced in that regard to play RJ at the 4, because you cant just let rj (17 mil/yr) sit an rot on the bench.

RJ has been a small forward his whole career. He is not a 4 and he has the physical ability to guard 3's, he's just makes stupid decisions with his positioning sometimes.

Whenever you have a player 6'7 and under as your last line of defense I don't care what kind of perimeter defender you are, teams will abuse you and go to the rim at will.

DesignatedT
01-22-2010, 11:28 PM
RJ has been a small forward his whole career. He is not a 4 and he has the physical ability to guard 3's, he's just makes stupid decisions with his positioning sometimes.

Whenever you have a player 6'7 and under as your last line of defense I don't care what kind of perimeter defender you are, teams will abuse you and go to the rim at will.

then you are obviously not a fan of blair in the game either right?

they blow right by rj.. which leads to another reason why rj has been less than impressive on the offensive end, because he has NEVER in his career given this much effort on the defensive end. which does indeed make you tired.

yeah hes always "gaurded' other 3's and when he was 24 years old he could prob be quick enough to gaurd them. not the case anymore. hes never had to play defense at any other team he was at. just running up and down the court with jkidd.

Dro210
01-22-2010, 11:28 PM

Unless he starts showing up to the arena, you sure as fuck can, it's gotten to that point. He gives absolutely zero effort the large majority of the time he's out there. He's been worthless.

DesignatedT
01-22-2010, 11:33 PM
I am not a fan of small ball by any means, just to make that clear. all im saying is with the personel that we have, i understand why pop is going small. unless we make a move for another big i dont see any lineup we can put out there that would be better than going small.

Dro210
01-22-2010, 11:37 PM
I'm not even worried about small ball or anything like that.... We need effort, nothing is gonna work with only a couple guys giving a legit effort on any given night. Seriously, Jefferson was just standing around on some of those plays at the end of the game. Rebounds and loose balls coming right at him, just standing there with cement in his shoes.

DesignatedT
01-22-2010, 11:39 PM
I'm not even worried about small ball or anything like that.... We need effort, nothing is gonna work with only a couple guys giving a legit effort on any given night. Seriously, Jefferson was just standing around on some of those plays at the end of the game. Rebounds and loose balls coming right at him, just standing there with cement in his shoes.

I didnt notice. but it wouldnt surprise me. Although im not particular happy with jefferson by any means, he is still a substantial upgrade over what we had, which leads me to not put all the blame on him.

effort might not be there. i feel like our guys are giving there all out there but maybe not i dont know.

MaNu4Tres
01-22-2010, 11:43 PM

Having 5 Rudy Ruettigers on the floor giving their heart and soul possesion after possesion won't help our interior defense if they are all 6'7" and under trying to protect the paint ( easiest shot in basketball). That's what it's like whenever Tim's man is setting every pick.

Dro210
01-22-2010, 11:44 PM
I'm not gonna blame it all on RJ by any means... He's just an easy target because he's been that way more than anybody this year. A lot of guys are giving effort, but TD, George, and Blair aside, it's just not consistant enough.

The coaching is killing me, the lucky bullshit like Kirilenko, Lowry, and Battier having ridiculously efficient scoring nights against us, it's just frustrating... don't mind me... my head is about to explode, cause it's just mind boggling this is all happening to us.

Dro210
01-22-2010, 11:46 PM
Having 5 Rudy Ruettigers on the floor giving their heart and soul possesion after possesion won't help our interior defense if they are all 6'7" and under trying to protect the paint ( easiest shot in basketball). That's what it's like whenever Tim's man is setting every pick.

Obviously that scoring in that paint is a huge problem, and I agree and hope that we can change that somehow... but we could still be winning all these games regardless of that. That's what I'm mad about right now.

DesignatedT
01-22-2010, 11:48 PM
I'm not gonna blame it all on RJ by any means... He's just an easy target because he's been that way more than anybody this year. A lot of guys are giving effort, but TD, George, and Blair aside, it's just not consistant enough.

The coaching is killing me, the lucky bullshit like Kirilenko, Lowry, and Battier having ridiculously efficient scoring nights against us, it's just frustrating... don't mind me... my head is about to explode, cause it's just mind boggling this is all happening to us.

Im with you bro.

Absolutely nothing more frustrating in my life. and thats sad.

cd98
01-22-2010, 11:49 PM
When Pop decided to play Hill at the 2, Mason was destined to lose minutes. Spurs have too many 2s: Hill, Manu, Mason, Finley, Hairston (size), And Boggans. We need bigger 3s, not undersized ones.

MaNu4Tres
01-22-2010, 11:50 PM
Obviously that scoring in that paint is a huge problem, and I agree and hope that we can change that somehow... but we could still be winning all these games regardless of that. That's what I'm mad about right now.

Pop is too stubborn for the points in the paint to change. He's a very stubborn coach who out thinks himself time to time. Sometimes his stubborness has helped the team, but in recent years its hurt this team immensely.

In other words f*** small ball.

Ibanezsr
01-23-2010, 12:46 AM

So they should be more worried about money than winning games?

SouthTexasRancher
01-23-2010, 12:48 AM
Seriously, what happened to him? He was getting a good deal of playing time just a few games ago, but since then, he's barely seen the floor.

Must be!!!

Pop has let his gigantic EGO go to his head one time too many! The league has passed Pop by. He is wallowing around in sinking quicksand with his hardheadeness. Time for Holt to trade Pop!

DesignatedT
01-23-2010, 12:50 AM
So they should be more worried about money than winning games?

Wasnt trying to imply that, was just pointing out that he isnt just some scrub that we can just replace when we want. he supposed to be in this teams future.

who would you want out there to replace jefferson than? you think anyone on our bench can replace him and make us win games???

Ibanezsr
01-23-2010, 01:14 AM
Wasnt trying to imply that, was just pointing out that he isnt just some scrub that we can just replace when we want. he supposed to be in this teams future.

who would you want out there to replace jefferson than? you think anyone on our bench can replace him and make us win games???

I don't think Jefferson is the problem.. Was just wondering if you were implying $ over team wins. I don't mind Jefferson like others here do. He is shooting 47% fg with 37% from 3 land. I have seen him make plenty of exciting plays and I like what he brings. Definite upgrade from last yr at that spot (SF) but it came at a price that is a tad too high. Yea his defense lacks at times but whose doesn't on the team right now. I think it's tough enough to be a new player on this team but it has to be much worse when your asked to play a position (PF at times) that you have never played before.

The problem with SA is consistency. From the players to the coaching. No player has been consistent (Timmy's #'s are consistent but he just isnt able to bring it night in and night out like he used to.... not to say he won't in the playoffs) and Pop isn't consistent with his lineups. Small Ball has to go. I don't mind SB in general but it doesn't fit SA's style. I watch every game and can go back and point out every time small ball has taken momentum away from SA (like it did tonight right before the 1st half ended). 9 out of 10 times when SA goes on their great runs (have had plenty of them this yr but cant keep leads) it doesnt involve SB. I cringe everytime i see SB. How do you expect to win games consistently when you can't put out anyone tall besides Duncan? Mahinmi and Ratliff need to play if they aren't going to make a trade. I have no problem watching this team lose if they at least play hardcore defense and they won't do it without help in the paint.. Fuck at this point I wold rather see Bonner in there over SB...

crc21209
01-23-2010, 01:17 AM
When Bogans isnt really providing anything offensively OR defensively yeah Pop should put Mason in ASAP...but he's not...

manufan4life
01-23-2010, 03:19 AM
Do yall think Mason did something to piss pop off? or is he just stobbborn? He Needs To Wake UP!

Amuseddaysleeper
01-23-2010, 03:20 AM
Do yall think Mason did something to piss pop off? or is he just stobbborn? He Needs To Wake UP!

I feel like Mason is about to be traded

manufan4life
01-23-2010, 03:25 AM

what makes you think this?

Bruno
01-23-2010, 03:30 AM

Sam smith (not the most reliable source) is reporting it:

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith_100118.html

the Spurs have talked about moving Roger Mason

Memphis has some cap space and suck at shooting 3's. A trade like Mason for Lester Hudson (or Marcus Williams) would allow Spurs to save a ton of money (about $4M) even if it won't help them at all on the court.

manufan4life
01-23-2010, 03:36 AM
Marcus? Dude Mason has been the best 3 pt shooter thie year
ugh what are the spurs thinking?

objective
01-23-2010, 03:37 AM
the thing I don't get these last 3 games . . .

Is that burying Mason guarantees playing Manu into the 30+ minute range, where there's diminishing returns as the game goes on.

Exhausting Manu into being ineffective doesn't seem like a good thing.

manufan4life
01-23-2010, 03:39 AM
guys the answer is mason. if pop starts manu then mason could come off the bench....i believe manu should start

HarlemHeat37
01-23-2010, 03:44 AM
You guys realize Finley is supposed to come back any day now?..I have a feeling Pop's just easing the comeback for his boy..he'll have a rotation spot waiting for him when he returns..it all makes sense now LOL..

objective
01-23-2010, 03:45 AM
Finley to the rescue!

Now Pop will get the smallball of his dreams!

manufan4life
01-23-2010, 03:52 AM
going SMALL NEVER WRONGS!!!!!!

kace
01-23-2010, 04:15 AM
team is just not what we want. Tony and Manu are so far off this year it's sad.

DBlair, George Hill, and Tim are the only players right now.

BS. Blair and Hill are doing well considering what we expected from them, a rookie and a sophomore. Still, tony and manu, even far from their best, are the 2nd and 3rd best players on the team this year.