View Full Version : 52 pts in the paint for the Rockets

Spurs Brazil
01-22-2010, 11:01 PM
Dice is pathetic on defense. He does NOTHING
RJ is soft
Small ball
Manu and TP are not were they use to on D
Rotations are very slow
Every game is the same. Other teams kill us in the paint. Our perimeter D sucks and only TD contest shots.
It's time to give Dice a bunch of DNP-CDs and play Ratliff or Mahinmi.
And I would't mind give Bruce a call with 38 years old and give to play in place of the Soft Jefferson.

fotan2
01-22-2010, 11:03 PM
they got raped by a bunch of small guys

Spursmania
01-22-2010, 11:04 PM
:yield

z0sa
It's been 10 years since both teams scored in double digits against each other.

115 points to the Rockets in regulation.

Houston, with 40 mil of their payroll not suited up, wins a scoring contest against a supposedly much better (and healthy) offensive team.

Reeko_Htown
Without a legit Center.

Spurs Brazil
01-22-2010, 11:05 PM
Rockets FG-55%

StoneBuddha
01-22-2010, 11:07 PM
AAAGGGHH.. I'm running out of excuses to rationalize what is happpening. My head hurts.

Creation88
01-22-2010, 11:08 PM
Dyss has been beyond terrible. we have no big men behind Tim. play Ratliff now!!

dastrey
01-22-2010, 11:08 PM
:yield

Indazone
01-22-2010, 11:13 PM
speed speed and more speed...only thing that can negate size.

MaNu4Tres
01-22-2010, 11:14 PM
Small ball with Duncan's man setting the picks = death. When will Pop learn? The only reason it was partially successful against the Mavs in 2006 is because Dirk was setting the picks not Dampier or Diop ( This left Duncan to protect to rim). Pop really makes me shake my head sometimes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35XI37SVVYI

DesignatedT
01-22-2010, 11:14 PM
spurs defense is terrible. let the rockets shoot 58% for the game..... thats insane. i remember the old title runs the spurs keeping opponents under 40% on a normal basis.

Sean Cagney
01-22-2010, 11:15 PM
NO D at all, no stops at all when you need them during a run. Trading buckets late after being down 14 or so and a tease run at the end, clockwork!

It is over, this team as is IS DONE! There is no way they compete for a title again with this team, thats reality.

TD 21
01-22-2010, 11:26 PM
RJ is soft
Small ball
Rotations are very slow
Every game is the same. Other teams kill us in the paint. Our perimeter D sucks and only TD contest shots.
And I would't mind give Bruce a call with 38 years old and give to play in place of the Soft Jefferson.

Completely agree on all accounts.

It's real simple, you see. Teams know that the Spurs often finish with Duncan and four smalls, so what they do is they either post up against the small who's playing PF for the Spurs (usually Jefferson, though tonight that didn't happen because Battier, who's strictly a spot up shooter on offense, finished at PF for the Rockets) or they put Duncan in pick-and-rolls and because of the oft porous perimeter defense, most jet footed guards have no trouble turning the corner and then it becomes a race between their speed and Duncan's length to the rim. Clearly, Duncan appears to be wearing down (which isn't the least bit surprising and is in fact completely understandable considering the Spurs have had him carrying far too heavy a load for anyone, let alone a 33 year old with tons of mileage and creaky knees) and he's lost some mobility to begin with, so more often than not, if the guard is quick enough, Duncan's going to lose that race. It doesn't help when the weak side rotation is either late or non-existent, but even if it is on time, all the guard has to do is kick it out to an open spot up shooter in the corner. Then, either that shooter get's an open three, or if the Spurs defense recovers and get's to shooters quick enough, he simply reverses the ball along the perimeter (quick ball movement should always beat a team in rotation/scramble mode) until eventually the Rockets find the open man for a three. This is what you saw virtually the entire fourth quarter. It's real simple, yet so effective given the Spurs limited personnel.

Obstructed_View
01-22-2010, 11:58 PM
Small ball with Duncan's man setting the picks = death. When will Pop learn? The only reason it was partially successful against the Mavs in 2006 is because Dirk was setting the picks not Dampier or Diop ( This left Duncan to protect to rim). Pop really makes me shake my head sometimes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35XI37SVVYI

It wasn't successful. Spurs were the number 1 seed and lost.

MaNu4Tres
01-23-2010, 12:01 AM
It wasn't successful. Spurs were the number 1 seed and lost.

That's why I said partially. Partially due to the fact that it got them out of a 3-1 hole.

it's me
01-23-2010, 12:02 AM
Small ball is simply killing us..... WTF is manu doing on landry?????

dbestpro
01-23-2010, 12:02 AM
Tim Duncan needs to go into the locker room and just start throwing punches and cursing at this whole sham of a team for ruining the end of his career.

He needs to punch Pop for continually leaving him hanging out to dry as the only big on the floor.

Obstructed_View
01-23-2010, 12:08 AM
That's why I said partially. Partially due to the fact that it got them out of a 3-1 hole.

It also got them into a 3-1 hole. It also required six games to beat Sacramento. With their centers they won 63 regular season games and the first playoff game by 40 points. They went .500 after that with varying degrees of smallball.

Shastafarian
01-23-2010, 12:23 AM
If only this team has a young athletic true center who could at the very least foul other big men to prevent them from getting easy baskets. Or if this team had an aging center who is a great shot blocker but has been discounted because he's old and has had injury problems in the past. If only...

Sean Cagney
01-23-2010, 12:25 AM
If only this team has a young athletic true center who could at the very least foul other big men to prevent them from getting easy baskets. Or if this team had an aging center who is a great shot blocker but has been discounted because he's old and has had injury problems in the past. If only...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, what if...... WHAT IF.

F POP man.

J Mack
01-23-2010, 12:30 AM
hmmmm maybe PoP isnt PoP anymore. maybe its really Zartan pretending to be Pop ?!?!?:wow

jermaine
01-23-2010, 12:46 AM
hmmmm maybe PoP isnt PoP anymore. maybe its really Zartan pretending to be Pop ?!?!?:wow

Maybe Tim needs to quit being a lil bitch an go to Pop & the front office an start demanding shit. I've gotten League pass for the past 4yrs an never missed a g until tthis year. Now I watch an I can't tell the outcome by mid way thru the 3rd qtr then I watch cartoons with my kids. I don't like to play with the Spurs on 2k10 anymo either! Lmao

Roxsfan
01-23-2010, 12:50 AM
with the spurs great start, I was like "here we go again." Glad the rox settled down and ran the spurs silly for the W.

Sean Cagney
01-23-2010, 03:13 AM
with the spurs great start, I was like "here we go again." Glad the rox settled down and ran the spurs silly for the W.

With the Spurs third and early 4th I was like here we go again! I was right too, but I was called a Pessimist on another board for it! I call myself not that but a reality fan who says when that happens this year we can't comeback and always lose! I was right again.

urunobili
01-23-2010, 05:59 AM
http://fc00.deviantart.com/fs6/i/2005/115/7/e/__Jump_Off_a_Cliff___Emoticon_by_neek_zique.gif

J Mack
01-23-2010, 09:38 AM
Maybe Tim needs to quit being a lil bitch an go to Pop & the front office an start demanding shit. I've gotten League pass for the past 4yrs an never missed a g until tthis year. Now I watch an I can't tell the outcome by mid way thru the 3rd qtr then I watch cartoons with my kids. I don't like to play with the Spurs on 2k10 anymo either! Lmao
i feel your pain jermaine. damn i just rhymed. i need to go into the rap buisness! :hat:downspin:

J Mack
01-23-2010, 09:43 AM
yea i think he needs to demand some changes. seems like PoP is drinking HEAVIER this year than last year and just dont give a damn any more. FO adding these new players and they not getting any MAJOR burn whatsoever has got me hitting the bottle heavier this year than last and i dont even drink ! :toast:whine:whine:toast:toast:toast:toast:whine:w hine:whine:whine:whine:whine:whine:whine:whine

wildbill2u
01-23-2010, 10:46 AM
RJ is soft
Small ball
Rotations are very slow

Not as though the Rockets overpowered us with giaint bigs--they don't have any.

They had speedy smalls who got past our defenders or ran into them for a layup plus one.

Indazone
01-23-2010, 11:00 AM
Not as though the Rockets overpowered us with giaint bigs--they don't have any.

They had speedy smalls who got past our defenders or ran into them for a layup plus one.

This is exactly right and it's nearly impossible to defend all the cuts that come from everywhere with the motion offense.