PDA

View Full Version : Who's gonna win the Southwest Division

Pelicans78
01-22-2010, 11:06 PM
And why?

tlongII
01-22-2010, 11:08 PM
Mavs will win the division easily. Probably by 5 games or more.

badfish22
01-22-2010, 11:09 PM
Mavs because of lack of competition. No team from SW are serious contenders as their rosters stand right now.

badfish22
01-22-2010, 11:10 PM
And did you really make this thread just to vote Hornets while your on a high from beating the T'wolves by two?

Spursmania
01-22-2010, 11:11 PM
Spurs stink and Mavs will win the SW division easy.
Spurs shouldn't even be an option.

noob cake
01-22-2010, 11:11 PM
Sadly, I see the Mavs winning.

Tmac&Luther
01-22-2010, 11:13 PM
Dallas will fade and SA will take it.........they're a second half team.

Pelicans78
01-22-2010, 11:14 PM
And did you really make this thread just to vote Hornets while your on a high from beating the T'wolves by two?

Not just that, but Mavs and Spurs lost closing the gap.

Besides, not a bad win considering West left the game in the second quarter with a sprained ankle and we were left with Just-Ok-afor, Songalia, and Sean Marks in the post.

timtonymanu
01-22-2010, 11:17 PM
Mavs easily. They are the only contender in their division.

ezau
01-22-2010, 11:17 PM
Dallas will fade and SA will take it.........they're a second half team.

LMAO are you fucking kidding me? We suck, we really do and we deserve it.

lil_penny
01-22-2010, 11:21 PM
the mavs

GuerillaBlack
01-22-2010, 11:23 PM
Mavs as of now. The Rockets after February 19th.

djohn2oo8
01-22-2010, 11:26 PM
Mavs as of now. The Rockets after February 19th.

Let's hope for a package of Butler/Haywood/Miller/McGee

Lars
01-22-2010, 11:29 PM
Mavs I guess, nobody really deserves it.

Allanon
01-22-2010, 11:32 PM
Playoff spots for SW teams
1) Mavs
2) Grizz

#8 overall WC seed up for grabs
Spurs
Hornets
Rockets

Opponent Schedule and road games puts the Mavs easily on top.

Rockets do have the easiest schedule but their lack of #1 and #2 guys puts them in the up for grabs category.

Spurs normally can't be counted out but they have the hardest remaining schedule in both opponents and road games and 8 back 2 backs.

noob cake
01-22-2010, 11:33 PM
Playoff spots
1) Mavs
2) Grizz

#8 up for grabs
Spurs
Hornets
Rockets

We are aiming for that 6th; have no interest in playing Lakers in the first round. kthxbai

badfish22
01-22-2010, 11:34 PM
I would :lmao if the Grizzlies take the division

Ghazi
01-22-2010, 11:34 PM
I highly doubt the Grizz will finish 2nd.

I wanna say teh Mavs. They're ahead right now by 2 games in the loss column and have an easier schedule than the other teams...

GuerillaBlack
01-22-2010, 11:38 PM
I highly doubt the Grizz will finish 2nd.

I wanna say teh Mavs. They're ahead right now by 2 games in the loss column and have an easier schedule than the other teams...

The Mavs' schedule gets harder doesn't it? The Rockets have had the hardest schedule so far, and after the home stand, it gets easy.

badfish22
01-22-2010, 11:40 PM
The Mavs' schedule gets harder doesn't it? The Rockets have had the hardest schedule so far, and after the home stand, it gets easy.

Mavs have the easiest remaining schedule in the conference. Nuggets have the hardest.

Allanon
01-22-2010, 11:41 PM
We are aiming for that 6th; have no interest in playing Lakers in the first round. kthxbai

I think the Grizz will overtake the Rockets for a #5 spot.

1) Lakers
2) Mavs
3) Suns
4) Nuggets (NW division leader, automatic top 4)
5) Grizzlies
6) Jazz (pretty easy schedule)
7) Thunda

#8 Take your pick
Rockets (easy schedule)
Hornets average schedule
Blazers (average to hard but now Roy's out too)
Spurs (hard schedule)

Ghazi
01-22-2010, 11:42 PM
Mavs schedule gets easier and 21 of their final 38 are at home. Mavs have already played the Lakers 3 times and have completed the season series against the Cavs. Going by Hollinger's SOS (only stat I really can find to kinda make my point), the Mavs have had the 4th hardest schedule thus far behind the Rockets/Jazz/Heat

I wanna say teh Rockets can challenge the Mavs if they can pull off a big trade.

GuerillaBlack
^^With no trade of course (to Allanon).

noob cake
I think the Grizz will overtake the Rockets for a #5 spot.

1) Lakers
2) Mavs
3) Suns
4) Nuggets (NW division leader, automatic top 4)
5) Grizzlies
6) Jazz (pretty easy schedule)
7) Thunda

#8 Take your pick
Rockets (easy schedule)
Hornets average schedule
Spurs (hard schedule)

Do you not know that Rockets just had one of the hardest schedule in the league, even playing the least amount of home games?

GuerillaBlack
01-22-2010, 11:43 PM
Do you not know that Rockets just had one of the hardest schedule in the league, even playing the least amount of home games?

Not to mention the least about of games against the Leastern Conference.

Allanon
01-22-2010, 11:44 PM

That's why I wrote that the Rockets have the easiest schedule :lol

I'm pointing out which teams have the easiest and hardest schedules to finish the season.

dirk4mvp
01-22-2010, 11:45 PM
Agreed with Allanon about the Grizzlies.

noob cake
01-22-2010, 11:46 PM
That's why I wrote that the Rockets have the easiest schedule :lol

And we still fight for the 8th seed?:bang

Allanon
01-22-2010, 11:48 PM
And we still fight for the 8th seed?:bang

The Rockets with healthy Yao/healthy TMAC, would be fighting for the #1 or #2 seed right now with that easy schedule.

But without Yao/TMac, they'll be fighting for #8 with their easy schedule.

Rockets are the most hustling team, but at some point, you need talent.

Allanon
01-22-2010, 11:49 PM
Agreed with Allanon about the Grizzlies.

Juice.

noob cake
01-22-2010, 11:49 PM
The Rockets with healthy Yao/healthy TMAC, would be fighting for the #1 or #2 seed right now with that easy schedule.

But without Yao/TMac, they'll be fighting for #8 with their easy schedule.

Rockets are the most hustling team, but at some point, you need talent.

Apparently, half a season is not enough time to demonstrate talent. Brooks, Lowry, Landry, Budinger are pretty damn young and talented.

Allanon
01-22-2010, 11:54 PM
Apparently, half a season is not enough time to demonstrate talent. Brooks, Lowry, Landry, Budinger are pretty damn young and talented.

Brooks/Landry are starter material

Lowry, great backup
Budinger is a role player

But overall, you're missing a veteran #1 guy.

It's like the Blazers of last year, the talent is too young and the vets aren't talented enough.

When the game's on the line, who can you go to and get the win?

noob cake
01-22-2010, 11:55 PM

Lowry, great backup

It's like the Blazers of last year, the talent is too young and the vets aren't talented enough.

Lowry is a starter; don't deny it.

Allanon
01-22-2010, 11:57 PM
Lowry is a starter; don't deny it.

He would be if he can shoot and doesn't make dumb mistakes in important moments.

Lowry can't hit the broad side of a barn.
And when the game starts getting close, he starts baking turnovers.

GuerillaBlack
01-22-2010, 11:58 PM

Lowry, great backup

No.

See, unlike the Blazers, the Rockets players have experience. Most (besides Budinger and Andersen really) have good playoff experience. As far as who takes the last shot...it's Brooks.

noob cake
01-23-2010, 12:01 AM
No.

See, unlike the Blazers, the Rockets players have experience. Most (besides Budinger and Andersen really) have good playoff experience. As far as who takes the last shot...it's Brooks.

Ariza has been jacking them quite a bit; good to see that Adelman has Ariza's shot attempts under control. I'm much more comfortable with Brooks or Lowry handling the ball at the end of the game.

I swear Ariza can't dribble better an average 5th grader.

j.dizzle
01-23-2010, 12:01 AM
Wtf happened to the spurs? they cant even win games on their homecourt anymore, pretty crazy to see how bad their D is compared to a few years back..They used to shut down teams in crunch time like crazy.

Allanon
01-23-2010, 12:04 AM
No.
See, unlike the Blazers, the Rockets players have experience. Most (besides Budinger and Andersen really) have good playoff experience.
The correct response is that have alot of experience losing in the Playoffs.

How can you call that good playoff experience when they've only been out of the 1st round one time?

As far as who takes the last shot...it's Brooks.

And this is why the Rockets are in the grab bag for the #8 spot.

GuerillaBlack
01-23-2010, 12:04 AM
Ariza has been jacking them quite a bit; good to see that Adelman has Ariza's shot attempts under control. I'm much more comfortable with Brooks or Lowry handling the ball at the end of the game.

I swear Ariza can't dribble better an average 5th grader.

I hate the electric slide that he does when he drives and stops dribbling. Dude shouldn't be allowed to dribble.

GuerillaBlack
01-23-2010, 12:07 AM
The correct response is that have alot of experience losing in the Playoffs.

How can you call that good playoff experience when they've only been out of the 1st round one time?

So, you really think moving to the second round does not help with one's playoff experience...because they lost? "Bad" playoff experience would have been if they had lost to Portland. You don't think Brooks playing some in the playoffs against Utah and then coming back next year in the playoffs helped? Same with Landry? Come on.

And this is why the Rockets are in the grab bag for the #8 spot.

Brooks...as of now. Rockets are going to trade.

mystargtr34
Mavs
Spurs
Rockets
Grizzlies
Hornets

mystargtr34
BRHornet im sorry son... Hornets are still quality but thats a tough division.

birdy219
01-23-2010, 12:09 AM
The way the Spurs are currently playing the last few games; we won't make the playoffs. I hate to say it, but we need another coach who is willing to adjust to his players instead of forcing his players to adjust to him. :depressed

Right now Adelman is coaching his butt off because he is working with what he has. His team has played with more heart this year than the Spurs have all year. Losing against utah was pathetic and tonight's lost was gutless. :nope:(

Allanon
So, you really think moving to the second round does not help with one's playoff experience...because they lost? "Bad" playoff experience would have been if they had lost to Portland. You don't think Brooks playing some in the playoffs against Utah and then coming back next year in the playoffs helped? Same with Landry? Come on.

Experience is good. I just don't think they have enough talented vets to power them down the stretch.

I knew last year the Rockets were going to beat the Blazers because they had Yao and Artest.

Brooks...as of now. Rockets are going to trade.

A trade might change everything.

I'll admit, the Rockets are the hardest team to measure up. They shouldn't be in the Playoff race, but they are.

Playoffs or not, you should be proud of the way your Rockets competed this year.

GuerillaBlack
BRHornet im sorry son... Hornets are still quality but thats a tough division.

Every team is above .500 by at least four games...

Toughest division in the NBA.

mystargtr34
01-23-2010, 12:12 AM
Every team is above .500 by at least four games...

Toughest division in the NBA.

Yep... Rockets just wont go away. Props on the game tonight - just outplayed, outhustled, outworked the Spurs everywhere.

Shows hor far the Spurs defense has fallen... these games never went into the 80's... tonight there were over 220 points scored.

Depressing.

cherylsteele
01-23-2010, 12:34 AM
Wtf happened to the spurs? they cant even win games on their homecourt anymore, pretty crazy to see how bad their D is compared to a few years back..They used to shut down teams in crunch time like crazy.
It is frustrating to see the defense essentially disappear especially this year.
I was excited about the aquisitions they made in the off season, but they have not panned out. At the rate they are playing, missing the playoffs is not out of the realm possibility, I hope I am wrong though.

McDyess seems to have aged 5 yrs in the off season, and is a non-factor.
RJ is very streaky at best.
Theo hasn't played enough to say, I was hoping he would have a Kevin Willis type role, this has not materialized at all.
Ian really needs to play more, can't get too much worse it seems.

Blair has been a pleasant surprise, he needs to improve on the defensive side of the ball though, he has passion for sure.

I think Manu is coming into form again, too little too late maybe?

Tony has that PF problem and it is hurting his play I think.

Bogans has show flashes but is justa glorified role player player.

Hill has been pretty solid, but sometimes is not agressive enough, if he were to play defense the way I believe he can, he could be a poor man's Alvin Robertson.

Tim is trying to carry the load but not enough help is coming along with him.

baseline bum
01-23-2010, 01:58 AM
It's hard to fathom anyone but Dallas getting it. The Spurs suck, and haven't even began the tough part of the schedule. Memphis needs more than a hot streak the last couple of months to convince me they're legit (Randolph is playing way over his head). Houston doesn't have the talent to do much of anything. I expect the Hornets to improve a bit, but they don't have enough to seriously challenge for the division crown.

sook
01-23-2010, 02:01 AM
I hate the electric slide that he does when he drives and stops dribbling. Dude shouldn't be allowed to dribble.

i swear to god that has to be a travel, and he does it every fucking game, so predictable.