PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Lowry vs Aaron Brooks; who would you rather have on your team?

noob cake
01-22-2010, 11:31 PM
Kyle Lowry vs Aaron Brooks; who would you rather have on your team?

Lowry is a much better PG; such a momentum changer. Brooks is a decent PG at best; he is suited to play combo guard with a ball dominant SG (ie Wade, Kobe, JJ).

Hemotivo
01-22-2010, 11:35 PM
lowry

Reeko_Htown
01-22-2010, 11:36 PM
personally I like Kyle more because I prefer my PG to drive to the basket and get contact.

Depending on the SG it all depends.

badfish22
01-22-2010, 11:37 PM
well according to Barkley, Brooks is an allstar and is better than CP3
:lmao what a dumbshit

GuerillaBlack
01-22-2010, 11:41 PM
Hard question. Like Lowry's court vision and drive to the basket, but also like Brooks' quickness/craftiness and better shooting (especially from 3).

So I didn't answer the question.

mystargtr34
01-23-2010, 12:05 AM
Why not have both?

If i was to pick one... Brooks. If you want your offense to center around a PG who you want to be a creator, you better hope he's an elite one, otherwise your team wont get far. If he's only 'solid', like Lowry, your team will struggle to be elite. I would rather a scoring/shooting PG like a Brooks, who can play off an elite wing whereby that wing is the primary scorer/creator or a bigman who you want your offense to run through like a Yao.

Did that make any sense?

mystargtr34
01-23-2010, 12:06 AM
Unless Lowry is playing the Spurs where he's a 20-10 guy.

noob cake
01-23-2010, 12:33 AM
Why not have both?

If i was to pick one... Brooks. If you want your offense to center around a PG who you want to be a creator, you better hope he's an elite one, otherwise your team wont get far. If he's only 'solid', like Lowry, your team will struggle to be elite. I would rather a scoring/shooting PG like a Brooks, who can play off an elite wing whereby that wing is the primary scorer/creator or a bigman who you want your offense to run through like a Yao.

Did that make any sense?

.....when did Brooks become an elite PG; his vision is George Hillesque. Lowry has a vision more along the lines of BDiddy/Bibby level.

And we can't have both because Lowry can't start with Brooks in Houston. :bang

mystargtr34
01-23-2010, 12:47 AM
.....when did Brooks become an elite PG; his vision is George Hillesque. Lowry has a vision more along the lines of BDiddy/Bibby level.

And we can't have both because Lowry can't start with Brooks in Houston. :bang

?

I didnt say Brooks was elite. I said Lowry isnt elite. My point was that Lowry needs the ball in his hands to be effective, whereas Brooks can play off the ball and off a guy like Yao or a creator like McGrady (pre 2007 version anyway). More so than Lowry anyway.

Brooks' game is better suited to playing off a star like Yao.

noob cake
01-23-2010, 12:51 AM
?

I didnt say Brooks was elite. I said Lowry isnt elite. My point was that Lowry needs the ball in his hands to be effective, whereas Brooks can play off the ball and off a guy like Yao or a creator like McGrady (pre 2007 version anyway). More so than Lowry anyway.

Brooks' game is better suited to playing off a star like Yao.

Your post was confusing; I misunderstood what you wrote.

....except every Houston fan knows that Brooks is incapable of passing to Yao Ming (some even theorizing that Brooks is a racist). He better learn how to deliver a proper pass (height and speed). Yao is NOT going anywhere; Les Alexander would be broke had he not drafted Yao Ming (see First Marblehead stock)

mystargtr34
01-23-2010, 12:54 AM
I like Lowry, i think he's a fine player, and a better creator then Brooks, and I think his role is perfect for him atm... come off the bench and be the primary creator. The Rockets have one of the better 1-2 punches at PG in the league.

sook
01-23-2010, 01:46 AM

....except every Houston fan knows that Brooks is incapable of passing to Yao Ming (some even theorizing that Brooks is a racist). He better learn how to deliver a proper pass (height and speed). Yao is NOT going anywhere; Les Alexander would be broke had he not drafted Yao Ming (see First Marblehead stock)

6 years and countless players changed but I guess there is no way Yao can be held acountable for not catching the passes.

Lowry rocks, but it is clear brooks is a lot better.

The Franchise
01-23-2010, 01:52 AM

So, somehow it's Aarons fault for Yao being a huge pussy when it comes to sealing his man. He doesn't seem to have a problem getting the ball to Landry on the block. I wonder what happened between this year and last?

Allanon
01-23-2010, 01:53 AM
Brooks is a game changer who plays for big moments.

Lowry's more of a guy content to play 3 quarters.

I take Brooks.

Tmac&Luther
01-23-2010, 01:54 AM
Brooks and it's not even debatable. Not every starting PG in the league is a "pass first, high assist" guy (and really...Lowry isn't even that). Brooks is a scoring PG and plenty of teams have won with those types of PGs. Not to mention that Adelman's system doesn't even call for a traditional PG.....his system needs someone with Brooks' skills. It's the reason why the Kings wanted Aaron Brooks as soon as we got him.

This "I'm mad, because Yao couldn't get the ball" agenda is getting old and worn out......like a old whore.

Somebody is just butt hurt that their favorite player doesn't know how to beat a fronting defense to save his life. It's not Brooks' fault that Yao is a slow footed sloth in the paint who gets completely taken out of the game as soon as he's fronted. That is Yao's problem to fix....not Aaron Brooks' problem,

Brooks is > than Lowry and that's not a knock against Lowry...he could start on other teams in this league, but he's not capable of dropping 20+ points every night like Brooks is. Brooks is a night in and night out game changer who hasn't even maxed out his full potential. Lowry is what he is......a quality PG who can run a team, but he's not going to be a night in and night out "leading scorer" and he's already reached his full potential.

sook
01-23-2010, 02:05 AM
Brooks and it's not even debatable. Not every starting PG in the league is a "pass first, high assist" guy (and really...Lowry isn't even that). Brooks is a scoring PG and plenty of teams have won with those types of PGs. Not to mention that Adelman's system doesn't even call for a traditional PG.....his system needs someone with Brooks' skills. It's the reason why the Kings wanted Aaron Brooks as soon as we got him.

This "I'm mad, because Yao couldn't get the ball" agenda is getting old and worn out......like a old whore.

Somebody is just butt hurt that their favorite player doesn't know how to beat a fronting defense to save his life. It's not Brooks' fault that Yao is a slow footed sloth in the paint who gets completed taken out of the game as soon as he's fronted. That is Yao's problem to fix....not Aaron Brooks' problem,

Brooks is > than Lowry and that's not a knock against Lowry...he could start on other teams in this league, but he's not capable of dropping 20+ points every night like Brooks is. Brooks is a night in and night out game changer who hasn't even maxed out his full potential. Lowry is what he is......a quality PG who can run a team, but he's not going to be a night in and night out "leading scorer" and he's already reached his full potential.

Amen brother, and you just earned a spot in my sig with that.

sook
01-23-2010, 02:06 AM
Why do you "Have" to hate brooks?

noob cake
01-23-2010, 02:17 AM
Why do you "Have" to hate brooks?

Same reason why I hate the Jazz, Lakers, and Mavs. Imprinted permanent hate.

Tmac&Luther
01-23-2010, 02:27 AM
Same reason why I hate the Jazz, Lakers, and Mavs. Imprinted permanent hate.

So you hate the best player on this year's Rockets team, and a player who's one of the biggest reasons why Houston is exceeding expectations, the team that you're a supposed fan of

Sounds like another "Yao" only fan. :sleep ......oh excuse me, Yao and now Lowry only fan (because Lowry just happened to not be the guy who threw a intercepted pass when Yao got owned by a fronting defender AGAIN)

tlongII
01-23-2010, 02:31 AM
Brooks is better than Lowry. No question.

noob cake
01-23-2010, 02:32 AM
So you hate the best player on this year's Rockets team, and a player who's one of the biggest reasons why Houston is exceeding expectations, the team that you're a supposed fan of

Sounds like another "Yao" only fan. :sleep ......oh excuse me, Yao and now Lowry only fan (because Lowry just happened to not be the guy who threw a intercepted pass when Yao got owned by a fronting defender AGAIN)

Do not like: Brooks, Cook

Like: Everyone else

kthxbai; Rockets fan, not Yao/Lowry fan

Tmac&Luther
01-23-2010, 02:40 AM
LMAO Cook doesn't even play......that's like saying you hate the towel boy.

What do you hate about Brooks? Did he take your mother out and then left her sitting on the curb? Serious question.

slick'81
01-23-2010, 04:04 AM
brooks is a bad man

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-23-2010, 10:06 AM
Love Brooks, but give me Lowry for the Spurs backup spot, please!

Lowry is an absolute bulldog, and the best non-starting PG in the league. He could start for a number of teams, and he'd be perfect for Memphis who foolishly gave him away. Why they kept Conley over him I can't fathom,

Put me down as a member of the Ka-aaahl Lowra-aaah (said like Martin lawrence says "Mike Lowra-aaah!" in Bad Boys) Fan Club! :D

leemajors
01-23-2010, 10:18 AM
Brooks is better because he went to Oregon. No question.

djohn2oo8
01-23-2010, 10:28 AM
Somebody find the video of Brooks blocking Richard Jefferson's dunk....That was the funniest moment of the season

Kamnik
01-23-2010, 10:49 AM
I like Lowry more... as a type of player.

Indazone
01-23-2010, 01:06 PM
Why would you post some dumb post about who you'd rather have on your team as if we were going to trade either one of them??? Truth is if you play them both at the same time, that backcourt is unstoppable. Shades of the Knicks with Frazier and Monroe.

DOMINATOR
01-23-2010, 03:16 PM
Lowry doesn't run the half court sets as well as brooks.
Lowry CANT shoot consistently at all.

he does his job real well... momentum changer off the bench.

brooks is better than him at every thing except finishing strong at the rim... brooks doesnt get half the calls he deserves.

djohn2oo8
01-23-2010, 03:39 PM
y1YlXpHNqp8

e_FDahA1ypU

Lowry is better at finishing at the rim, drawing contact, and making smart passes at the right times, as a result of a high bb IQ. His shot has become much better, and hopefully it can continue to improve. And Lowry can play defense well, and create a lot of turnovers

Brooks is a pure scorer, has exceptional speed, and also can make good passes, but when it comes down to the wire, he seems to turn it over a bit too much. But, I would rather have Brooks, even though I think they make each other better.

noob cake
01-23-2010, 04:04 PM
y1YlXpHNqp8

e_FDahA1ypU

Lowry is better at finishing at the rim, drawing contact, and making smart passes at the right times, as a result of a high bb IQ. His shot has become much better, and hopefully it can continue to improve. And Lowry can play defense well, and create a lot of turnovers

Brooks is a pure scorer, has exceptional speed, and also can make good passes, but when it comes down to the wire, he seems to turn it over a bit too much. But, I would rather have Brooks, even though I think they make each other better.

Lowry needs a three point shot; he doesn't need to copy Brooks' floaters. Those floaters reminds me of Rafer and gives me nightmares.

Findog
01-23-2010, 05:24 PM
The Rockets are set at the PG position. Brooks and Lowry are both good players. Hey, if Houston doesn't want him, we'll take Brooks off your hands.

Tmac&Luther
01-29-2010, 11:44 PM
Yeah Brooks sucks. :rolleyes