PDA

View Full Version : All right, let's not get TOO happy yet

ShoogarBear
04-27-2005, 10:01 PM
Spurs still have to win one of the next two.

Sure, a 30-point whuppin gives them some doubt, but Denver is still exactly where they hoped to be.

The Spurs have to come out with the same determination they did in the Clips-Warriors double OT B2Bs. If they win game 3, then it's entirely possible they finish in five. They lose game 3, I think we're looking at a 7-game series.

Nice to see some minutes from Devin and Rasho.

RobinsontoDuncan
04-27-2005, 10:02 PM
Don't forget the beating we put on the lakers in games 1 and 2 in 04.

nkdlunch
04-27-2005, 10:03 PM
hey let us enjoy this win for a little....

Dre_7
04-27-2005, 10:04 PM
I think they win, then lose, then win 2 more. Spurs in 6. But it would be nice to get it in 5!

mookie2001
04-27-2005, 10:05 PM
NATURALLY
i was waiting for a dumbass thread like this

Cant_Be_Faded
04-27-2005, 10:06 PM
No doubt. But I spursed-out today at school and seriously someone in each class had some comment about why im wearing my hat AND my shirt, and i was like so fired up all day just waiting for this game!!!

i knew we'd put the hurt on those NUGGZ

ShoogarBear
04-27-2005, 10:06 PM
NATURALLY
i was waiting for a dumbass thread like this Sure it's not up to the usual level of insightful intelligence we've come to expect from you, but it's the best I could come up with.

Spurminator
04-27-2005, 10:08 PM
Yeah, we're still behind in the series as far as I'm concerned.

It's too bad 30-point ass rapings only count as one win.

Brodels
04-27-2005, 10:16 PM
Good post. The Spurs have to come out focused again on Saturday. If they lose that game, there is a tremendous amount of pressure on them yet again.

Remember, Denver has only lost once at home since Karl took over. It isn't going to be easy.

mookie2001
04-27-2005, 10:22 PM
Sure it's not up to the usual level of insightful intelligence we've come to expect from you, but it's the best I could come up with.

AWWWWWWWWW MAN
for real i thought this meant wegon win the championship!!!

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-27-2005, 10:52 PM
Until we win one in Denver, we haven't really done anything yet.

And expecting our team to shoot 60% from the three point line is fool's gold.

ducks
04-27-2005, 11:01 PM
this is a young denver team
spurs pounded them good
game 3 is big now
spurs win by double digits on saturday it is OVER

ducks
04-27-2005, 11:03 PM
denver is not the lakers they do not have the playoff experince the lakers did

team-work
04-27-2005, 11:04 PM

Sure, a 30-point whuppin gives them some doubt, but Denver is still exactly where they hoped to be.

The Spurs have to come out with the same determination they did in the Clips-Warriors double OT B2Bs. If they win game 3, then it's entirely possible they finish in five. They lose game 3, I think we're looking at a 7-game series.

Agreed!

Game 3 becomes game 1 of a best-of-5 series. Spurs have regained confidence. Now the real test is to win on road. The same determination and urgency must be continued. Winning game 3 is crucial to the winning the whole series.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-27-2005, 11:07 PM
Denver came out tonight like a team that already got what it wanted (a split on the road).

FromWayDowntown
04-27-2005, 11:11 PM
Denver came out tonight like a team that already got what it wanted (a split on the road).

Too true. I thought that was evident in the way the Nuggets warmed up before the game. Almost too loose. They didn't seem to have much intensity about this one, even though it could have dealt a death blow to the Spurs. They offered up a pretty good punch for the first 6 minutes or so of the 3rd, but the Spurs (mostly Manu, I thought) responded and that was that. The Spurs have to expect a big punch early on Saturday and they must respond to that when it comes.

Very similar, I think, to the way that Game 3 went in Memphis last year. Memphis came out like gangbusters in that game, but the Spurs responded with good shooting and some intense defense, which allowed them to recover and eventually build a lead. I'd expect a very similar effort from the Nuggets, and the Spurs must match that intensity and effort.

T Park
04-27-2005, 11:50 PM
If Barry, Ginobili, Parker, Bowen, and Udrih, are THAT open, in game 3??

Yes I expect to shoot 60%.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-28-2005, 12:00 AM
therein lies the rub. they won't.

T Park
04-28-2005, 12:03 AM
I guess that 4 down was ok tonight.

It was run quite a bit in the 2nd quarter.

whottt
04-28-2005, 12:06 AM
You know what TPark? 4 down doesn't suck in the second quarter, or the first, or the third...It's the gateway to other things and good games by other players...It's when it's the predictable option in the 4th that it sucks.

T Park
04-28-2005, 12:09 AM
So if it works in the second, you totally change what your doing in the middle of a game?

interesting concept.

I think what won the game was agresssiveness, not letting the Nuggets get second chances, and cutting way down on the turnovers.

whottt
04-28-2005, 12:20 AM
Yes you change it...because it's not good play when people know it's coming, it's death...it's a TO causing play that puts enormous pressure on Duncan, it basically forces him to have to do it all by himself, and it takes other players out of the game at a time when they most need to be in the game.

It takes away our momentum and more often than not allows the other team to get back in the game.

When you got Manu, Parker, Barry...you really need to use their offensive skills...guards make the best ball handlers...and it does no good to have great guards if you just have them camping out when the game is in the crucial moments.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-28-2005, 12:22 AM
There's a difference between mixing it in with other plays in the second quarter and running it for twelve fucking minutes of basketball in the fourth quarter of every tight game in the last 6 years of Spurs playoff basketball.

You are such a hypocrit Tpark. In games where everyone on our team is hitting everything they shoot and could probably hit 50% from beyond midcourt, you hold that up as proof that the plays work and Pop knows what he's doing.

Anyone could coach the Spurs when they're up 31 at half. It's when it's a tight game coming down the stretch of a playoff game where Pop puckers up and goes into hyperconservative mode on offense that gets us in trouble.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-28-2005, 12:22 AM
we ran 4 down for like the entire beginning of the first quarter and duncan responded every time, thereby setting the tone for the game and leading into the events that followed

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-28-2005, 12:27 AM
Serious, people are on here beating their chests over us playing pissed off, meeting a young, content, naive Denver team tonight and taking care of business.

This isn't about managing blowouts. This is about Pop's tendencies when the Spurs are down 2-3 points late, or holding on by 2 or 3 late.

ZStomp
04-28-2005, 12:39 AM

Finally. A voice of reason. You're a smart one Sugar.

boutons
04-28-2005, 03:40 AM
"Denver is still exactly where they hoped to be."

Exactly, Denver already "won" their trip to SA by taking Game1 @SBC, no matter what happened in Game2.

The Spurs did their best to "send a message", total blow-out dominance, to deflate the Nuggets' confidence and build some of their own confidence and momentum, but the Spurs are 1-1 and still in deep shit for giving away the first game, for which they only now do they start to pay for as they have a very nasty situation in Denver.

We now have 5-game sereies, with HCA 3-2 to the Nuggets, and starting with 2 games in Denver. The Spurs minimum goal @DEN is exactly what the Nuggets' goal in SA was, to split and steal back HCA, most prefereably winning the first game @DEN, go up 2-1, and put enormous pressure on Denver for Game4.

Denver's nightmare would be to come back to SA for Game5 @ 1-3.

samikeyp
04-28-2005, 08:47 AM
You all know what the Wolf said....

http://www.tvtome.com/images/people/63/1/22-11890-sm.jpg

that being said....let's get Game 3.

ctpsb
04-28-2005, 09:23 AM
Hello everybody,
New member of this board. Huge Spurs fan so I just wanted to throw my two cents' worth in during this playoff (championship?) run.
I told everybody after Game 1 that no matter what happened in Game 2, we now have to win one in Denver. However I just can't believe that the Spurs can't pull one off up there after two days rest. What does everyone think?

ducks
04-28-2005, 09:34 AM
denver got what they wanted but they did not want a blowout in favor of the spurs

I could it a must win for denver you mess whe the spurs you die

boutons
04-28-2005, 09:40 AM
It depends on which Spurs show up, esp which Spurs defense shows up.

There's been almost no talk about it but the Nuggets, trying to put the dagger in the Spurs, got only 76 points in a playoff game. The Nuggets have been averaging well over 100 PPG under Karl.

If the Spurs' defense can approximate that level in Denver, the Spurs could very well come back to SA 3-1.

bigzak25
04-28-2005, 10:03 AM
but the Spurs are 1-1 and still in deep shit for giving away the first game,

it ain't deep bro...losing home games to detroit or miami would be deep...

put on a new pair of panties and chill out til the finals... :smokin

good thread though shoog, truth is, most that jumped in the san antonio river after last game are the same ones reaching for the championship barges now....i give whottt credit for not backing down but only cuz i think he has reverse mojo...same for sequ, i just can't hate on the little buckaroo and his reverse karma either.

there's still a LOOONG way to go...enjoy the ride and don't freak out at the bumps.

i can live with 1-1. time to focus on game 3. I WANT game 3...step on the throat time. I'm glad the nba is spreading out our series to get our guys healthy. Thanks NBA!

Fouled Out
04-28-2005, 11:43 AM
denver is not the lakers they do not have the playoff experince the lakers did

I did not like what TNT did and interupt the game just to go to another, No respect bunch of sell outs.

Fouled Out
04-28-2005, 11:55 AM
They interupted the game just to see that idiot talk while the game was going on back in S.A. TNT man get your games straight, stick to one game only but no it was the Spurs so they can do whatever they want. I wish it was all local channels screw the hype networks. that goes for ESPN, ABC, TNT, keep it local keep it real..

Frenchise player
04-28-2005, 12:02 PM
After the first two games, I am really confident in our chances.
The games are always decided by our performance, we set the pace of the game and never suffer their tempo.
We lost game 1 because of an once in a lifetime game of Miller and prooved in the second one that we are the best overall team.
The only way, i see us losing is Tim feelling hurt again or a second major shooting drought.

There is a big difference between Denver and San Antonio, one is a good regular season team and the other is a consistent title contender. That's why we shouldn't be worried about the next games.

MadDog73
04-28-2005, 12:40 PM
They interupted the game just to see that idiot talk while the game was going on back in S.A. TNT man get your games straight, stick to one game only but no it was the Spurs so they can do whatever they want. I wish it was all local channels screw the hype networks. that goes for ESPN, ABC, TNT, keep it local keep it real..

That's what Fox SW is good for... when you don't have a local channel, but you still want local flavor.

Plus, I love Sean Elliott as a commentator.

sbsquared
04-28-2005, 12:55 PM
So true - I watched the game on FSW because I'd much rather hear Sean than the announcers on TNT!

Phonzie20
04-28-2005, 02:34 PM
Denver forgot to show up last night.