PDA

View Full Version : The Basis for Boston's Watered Down 2008 Title

F_U_Buddy
01-23-2010, 11:21 AM
Ray Allen, Kevin Garnett, and Paul Pierce have been exposed by FU Buddy. Exposed as individuals that couldn't lead their teams to a title. They all had their chances as the main men on their respective teams prior to ganging up (while still in their prime) and simply couldn't do what Kobe did last year and will repeat this year.

This is the single most important basis for the 2008 watered down title. Personally I wouldn't feel good about a title like. It's a shameful way to win.

As individual players they are each of them ALL-STARS and future hall-of-famers and NBA stars in their own right but they could only accomplish (each of them) with 2 other hall-of-famers what Kobe was able to accomplish by himself.

and for you Chicago fans...MJ never had to face 3 hall-of-famers in their prime on the same team to win a title. Also for Bulls fan...your history of winning titles started and ended in the 90's...so the 90's is WHERE YE SHALL REMAIN TO TIMES INDEFINITE.. and the crown slips from Lebron's head ....:king

MiamiHeat
01-23-2010, 11:28 AM
http://yovia.com/blogs/davidappelman/files/2009/10/troll-web.jpg

Go post in the kobe thread.

F_U_Buddy
01-23-2010, 11:32 AM
Go post in the kobe thread.

yeah we must keep FU Buddy quite at all cost lest he expose our mental weaknesses...:lol

F_U_Buddy
01-23-2010, 11:34 AM
What did Kobe in the playoffs, without Pau?

no no no my friend...Pau is soft as pussy remember...you can't have it both ways....:downspin:

but to answer your question he lost and then won a finals...and yet still at this point Gasol is not a consensus hall-of-famer and Kobe still needs 2 consensus hall of famers before he can accomplish what Boston's 3 accomplished.

21_Blessings
01-23-2010, 11:51 AM
The Lakers were missing two starters in the 2008 finals. Watered down title indeed.

blink
01-23-2010, 11:53 AM
a healthy lakers squad still wouldve gotten fucked by boston that year

djohn2oo8
01-23-2010, 11:55 AM
The Lakers were missing two starters in the 2008 finals. Watered down title indeed.

Bynum didn't matter in last year's finals, and would have gotten raped by Perkins and company.

21_Blessings
01-23-2010, 11:57 AM
Bynum didn't matter in last year's finals, and would have gotten raped by Perkins and company.

Yes he would. Bynum was playing great before he went down.

And Ariza wasn't healthy either.

You must be a fucking retard if you think Bynum and Ariza didn't matter when Phil was forced to play Sasha, Luke, Chris Mihm and Turiaf significant minutes. :lol

Ghazi
01-23-2010, 12:03 PM
Yes he would. Bynum was playing great before he went down.

And Ariza wasn't healthy either.

You must be a fucking retard if you think Bynum and Ariza didn't matter when Phil was forced to play Sasha, Luke, Chris Mihm and Turiaf significant minutes. :lol

Celtics were still better.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-23-2010, 12:05 PM
yeah we must keep FU Buddy quite at all cost lest he expose our mental weaknesses...:lol

lol irony

Pelicans78
01-23-2010, 12:05 PM
If Bynum didn't get injured, not sure if the Gasol trade goes down.

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
01-23-2010, 12:15 PM
Boston was the better team in 2008, but clearly they are on the decline now. Four of their main six guys are 33 and up, showing wear and tear. They are stuck with Wallace and Garnett for awhile, and KG can't stay healthy. The league has adjusted to them.

No one is impressed with what Boston did 25-50 years ago. (Except delusional Celtics fans, and there are a few here, like my bitch mogrovejo). What they have done in the last 25 years is indicative of a franchise gone way wrong. They will take years to recover from this experiment to win them one title.

The league is catching up to the Lakers as well. Whoever wins the next title will be quickly challenged as adjustments will be made. That's just life in the NBA.

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
01-23-2010, 12:30 PM
So 2008 was a legit title for Boston, but I would have to say at least their first 8 titles are most definitely watered down. How easy was it for the Celtics back then? Host the Eastern Conference finals, then host the finals, both as overwhelming favorites in an eight team league.

No one cares Tommy Heinsohn has 10 rings (Except mogrovejo). That just shows even a horse's ass can be made to look kissable if you put the blinders on.

Boston fans can't handle the truth! No one cares because they have sucked for years!

21_Blessings
01-23-2010, 12:32 PM

Shut up.

baseline bum
01-23-2010, 01:58 PM

Who the fuck was the second starter? LMAO.

JoeTait75
01-23-2010, 02:14 PM
Ray Allen

Let's say Kobe goes to Milwaukee in 1996 instead of Los Angeles. Does he make the Big Dog his Pippen and bring some sausages back to Wisconsin to go with all that cheese?

Kevin Garnett

How many titles would Kobe have won with KG's Minnesota teammates, Minnesota coaches and Minnesota general manager? :wow

Paul Pierce

I'm sure Kobe, Antoine Walker, Walter McCarty and Eric Williams would have been more than sufficient to kick-start the Celtic dynasty.

Kobe

You know, Charlotte had a pretty decent team when they drafted Kobe. Would it have been enough?

Findog
01-23-2010, 02:25 PM
yeah we must keep FU Buddy quite at all cost lest he expose our mental weaknesses..

:lol This guy has to be a troll impersonating a Faker fan.

XFactor
01-23-2010, 02:39 PM
and for you Chicago fans...MJ never had to face 3 hall-of-famers in their prime on the same team to win a title. Also for Bulls fan...your history of winning titles started and ended in the 90's...so the 90's is WHERE YE SHALL REMAIN TO TIMES INDEFINITE.. and the crown slips from Lebron's head ....:king

If you give me a top 5 from each position of all time (History of the NBA) (Power Forward, Small Forward, Point Guard, Shooting Guard, Center) 2 of those 5 in each position were prime in the 90's. Ray Allen and Paul Pierce will never get close to being a top 5 in any position. Don't ever compare the team that Jordan went against with Ray Allen, Paul Pierce.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-23-2010, 06:11 PM
Such a stupid thread that the definite winner is Daddy_of_all_Trolls' delicious avatar! :lmao

Pelicans78
01-23-2010, 07:23 PM
Shut up.

It is a good possibility.

Bynum's injury led to the Lakers losing a couple games which forced the FO to make a move.

mystargtr34
01-23-2010, 07:28 PM
We wont mention 2009. No KG, no Yao. Weren't the Magic missing an All-Star in the Finals aswell?

mystargtr34
01-23-2010, 07:48 PM
Of course you will.

My bad.

baseline bum
01-23-2010, 07:50 PM
LOL, the 2009 Lakers had the easiest run I have ever seen to a title and Laker fans wants to bitch about scrub-ass Ariza's 5 minutes a game or whatever that they didn't have in 2008?

Bynum < KG
Bynum < Yao
Bynum < Nelson
Bynum < Ginobili

djohn2oo8
01-23-2010, 07:51 PM
My bad.

:lol I get it....Any titles the Lakers don't win, Lakaluva calls "ASTERISK"

DazedAndConfused
01-23-2010, 09:27 PM
LOL, the 2009 Lakers had the easiest run I have ever seen to a title and Laker fans wants to bitch about scrub-ass Ariza's 5 minutes a game or whatever that they didn't have in 2008?

Bynum < KG
Bynum < Yao
Bynum < Nelson
Bynum < Ginobili

You can only play the competition in front of you.

Still, nobody can top the 2007 Spur's championship run. When the toughest team you have to face plays zero defense you've got it pretty damn easy.

21_Blessings
01-23-2010, 09:57 PM
Who the fuck was the second starter? LMAO.

Ariza you douche bag. He was coming off a broken foot and was nowhere near 100%.

LMAO @ 2007 Spurs needing a Donaghy rigged game 3 and Stern suspending the Suns best player to advance only to see the shittiest team to ever reach the finals (Cavs). 07 Spurs- worst championship team of the decade, easily. The Lakers exposed their weakass the next season.

baseline bum
01-23-2010, 10:01 PM
Ariza you douche bag. He was coming off a broken foot and was nowhere near 100%.

LMAO @ 2007 Spurs needing a Donaghy rigged game 3 and Stern suspending the Suns best player to advance only to see the shittiest team to ever reach the finals (Cavs). 07 Spurs- worst championship team of the decade, easily. The Lakers exposed their weakass the next season.

Ariza was a complete fucking scrub no matter how many times your retarded ass tries to re-write history. He started a grand total of 3 games for the fucking Lakers, and wasn't even a starter for much of 2009 neither. Complaining about not having Ariza would be like Spurs fan bitching that Bonner couldn't play.

Also, good job exposing that the Spurs weren't going to win a title with Manu Ginobili at 30% max. As for the shittiest team in Finals history, that would be New Jersey in 02, and LMAO that you want to bitch about refs when LA only got to that finals due to the most controversial game in the history of the NBA.

Shastafarian
01-23-2010, 10:02 PM
Ariza you douche bag. He was coming off a broken foot and was nowhere near 100%. He started 3 whole games. Even last year he only started 20. LOL at "starter".

lol damn those panties must be wedged REALLY far up there huh?

Shastafarian
01-23-2010, 10:06 PM
Hey 21 this link should help you with your problem:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080314115539AAaw6RH

Fernando TD21
01-23-2010, 10:07 PM
:lol This guy has to be a troll impersonating a Faker fan.
:lol

21_Blessings
01-23-2010, 10:22 PM
Ariza was a complete fucking scrub no matter how many times your retarded ass tries to re-write history. He started a grand total of 3 games for the fucking Lakers, and wasn't even a starter for much of 2009 neither. Complaining about not having Ariza would be like Spurs fan bitching that Bonner couldn't play.

You're a fucking idiot if you think Ariza was scrub. He was already twice the defender Luke was before hurt his ankle dipshit. Do you know anything about basketball? Obviously not if you think Sasha VUJACIC trying defend Ray Allen made no difference in the finals. Retarded Spurs fans, I swear.

Also, good job exposing that the Spurs weren't going to win a title with Manu Ginobili at 30% max. As for the shittiest team in Finals history, that would be New Jersey in 02, and LMAO that you want to bitch about refs when LA only got to that finals due to the most controversial game in the history of the NBA.

Lakers without BYNUM AND ARIZA healthy wiped their assess with the Spurs in 08. Truly fucking sad when a team starting RADMANNVIC and playing Sasha/Luke big minutes shits all over the defending champs.

San Antonio: Regular season Team of the Decade :lol

Pelicans78
01-23-2010, 10:24 PM
If Bynum was healthy, Gasol probably would not have been a Laker.

Pelicans78
01-23-2010, 10:25 PM
I thought the 2003 Finals between the Nets and Spurs was the worst series I had ever seen.

F_U_Buddy
01-23-2010, 10:45 PM
If you give me a top 5 from each position of all time (History of the NBA) (Power Forward, Small Forward, Point Guard, Shooting Guard, Center) 2 of those 5 in each position were prime in the 90's. Ray Allen and Paul Pierce will never get close to being a top 5 in any position. Don't ever compare the team that Jordan went against with Ray Allen, Paul Pierce.

dude you're straying so fucking far from the farm till it "ain't" even funny...what does give me a top 5 from each position have to do with SHIT...fact is fact...and I repeat...MJ never had to win a title facing 3 legit ALL-STARS and consensus HALL-OF-FAMERS at one time to win a title let alone with two key starters from his squad not playing due to injury...

baseline bum
01-23-2010, 11:16 PM
You're a fucking idiot if you think Ariza was scrub. He was already twice the defender Luke was before hurt his ankle dipshit. Do you know anything about basketball? Obviously not if you think Sasha VUJACIC trying defend Ray Allen made no difference in the finals. Retarded Spurs fans, I swear.

Bullshit. Ariza was a complete fucking scrub in 2008 before getting injured. You're the same retard Laker fan who thinks scrub-ass Rick Fox being out in 03 was a real excuse too I'm sure.

Lakers without BYNUM AND ARIZA healthy wiped their assess with the Spurs in 08. Truly fucking sad when a team starting RADMANNVIC and playing Sasha/Luke big minutes shits all over the defending champs.

San Antonio: Regular season Team of the Decade :lol

Once again, Ariza wasn't jack shit and you acting like he was some valuable starter is hilarious, especially since he was never a member of the starting unit until mid-March 2009. That's the fucked up thing about telling lies online; someone is always going to be there to expose your bullshit.

baseline bum
01-23-2010, 11:20 PM
Do I need to pull up all the bullshit that faggot Spur fans and dummy Rockets fans were saying about Ariza when the Lakers refused to sign him?

We're talking scrub-ass 2008 Ariza. Not late-season 2009 Ariza.

baseline bum
01-23-2010, 11:34 PM
Last season Ariza was a scrub too. This season too. Practically every season he's been a pro. But you guys were saying he was a key piece to our team when we decided to let him walk. The point is, we would have stood a much better chance against the Celtics with Ariza and Bynum healthy. You can continue to allow the world to see how stupid you are if you disagree with that.

Bynum was a significant loss, but Ariza was nothing. Quit trying to paint it like it was anything else. Laker fans bitching about injuries is asinine when the only contenders to not have an even more important player than Bynum out in 09 were Denver and Cleveland.

LkrFan
01-24-2010, 12:20 AM
False. MK inquired about Gasol a year before we got him. The timing wasn't right though. Then MK went on record to say he would have still traded for Gasol even if Bynum didn't go down.

Pelicans78
01-24-2010, 12:23 AM
False. MK inquired about Gasol a year before we got him. The timing wasn't right though. Then MK went on record to say he would have still traded for Gasol even if Bynum didn't go down.

My statement wasn't false. I said it was a lower probability. MK can say what he wants after the fact, but once Bynum got injured and a couple of losses ensued, both MK and Jerry West got concerned so they decided to make Gasol a Laker.

j.dizzle
01-24-2010, 12:24 AM
I actually watched all of the 2008 finals games a few weeks ago..All of the games were pretty damn close except game 6 when nobody even tried after they went down by 20, so anybody that says that Bynum or Ariza wouldnt have helped are fuckin retarded..I doubt LA would of choked a 24 pt lead if they had some interior D other then Pau on the team.

LkrFan
01-24-2010, 12:34 AM
My statement wasn't false. I said it was a lower probability. MK can say what he wants after the fact, but once Bynum got injured and a couple of losses ensued, both MK and Jerry West got concerned so they decided to make Gasol a Laker.
Logo wasn't in ANY position to help the Lakers - he already resigned by the time the deal went down. He did go on record to say that he didn't like the Bynum/Gasol frontline though. I'm hoping he eats crow for saying that...again. :toast

Pelicans78
01-24-2010, 12:38 AM
Logo wasn't in ANY position to help the Lakers - he already resigned by the time the deal went down. He did go on record to say that he didn't like the Bynum/Gasol frontline though. I'm hoping he eats crow for saying that...again. :toast

What a dumb statement by West. Bynum/Gasol aren't perfect, but still a great frontline.

The weird thing is Memphis tried to save money by trading Gasol, yet they added Zebo's contract who is playing very well.

baseline bum
01-24-2010, 12:47 AM
I actually watched all of the 2008 finals games a few weeks ago..All of the games were pretty damn close except game 6 when nobody even tried after they went down by 20, so anybody that says that Bynum or Ariza wouldnt have helped are fuckin retarded..I doubt LA would of choked a 24 pt lead if they had some interior D other then Pau on the team.

With all the trouble LA had with Houston, Denver, and the close games vs Orlando, it's fucking retarded to think Garnett couldn't have come and ended their season again. Poor Laker fan likes to play the victim card when he has one decent player out, but gets pissed when far more important injuries to competitors are mentioned.

LkrFan
01-24-2010, 12:48 AM
What a dumb statement by West. Bynum/Gasol aren't perfect, but still a great frontline.

The weird thing is Memphis tried to save money by trading Gasol, yet they added Zebo's contract who is playing very well.
He said he didn't think it would work. So far this year he is right. Drew dominates with Gasol out and defers with Gasol in the lineup. I believe there is still time to get them acclimated. I don't think they have 50 games played together because Drew was hurt the last two years. And Drew is still a young 22. By young I mean he only has about 30 games of HS experience and he has missed the equivalent of 2 years of NBA experience due to injury. His rookie year he appeared in all 82 games (I think) - BUT we know PJ doesn't like to play rooks all that much. I keep telling everybody that Drew is green and all he needs is game time experience. And I hope the Lakers don't give up on this kid prematurely.

Back on topic. Boston sucks. KG couldn't do anything without two all star players by his side. From Spreewell/Cassell to Ray Ray/Paulina - 2008 should have a big fat * next to it. Paulina had fans chanting "MVP" for Kobe in HIS gym. And what has Ray Ray ever won besides maybe a 3pt shooting contest? Now they are all old, injured, washed up. One and done is what I'll call it.

The Lakers swept Boston last year and held up our end of the bargain by getting back to the Finals. Then we beat down the team that beat them.

j.dizzle
01-24-2010, 01:02 AM
With all the trouble LA had with Houston, Denver, and the close games vs Orlando, it's fucking retarded to think Garnett couldn't have come and ended their season again. Poor Laker fan likes to play the victim card when he has one decent player out, but gets pissed when far more important injuries to competitors are mentioned.
:lol Son we're talkin about 2008 Finals..Ppl acting like boston dominated LA the entire series...Injuries happen but ppl need to stop hating on LA any chance they get:toast

j.dizzle
01-24-2010, 01:17 AM
& Ppl need to stop acting like KG is 25 years old n shit..Even if he was playing last year Orl or Cle would of still beat Boston..They'll never be as good as they were in 2008 again..No more Posey, PJ Brown, Leon Powe..these 3 mofos killed LA in some of those games..PLUS the big 3 are no longer dominant other then Pierce some games. Nobody is scared to go into the garden anymore like they were in 08.

ClippersDynasty
01-24-2010, 01:26 AM
Rondo is way better now than he was in 08 but that's really the only area they've improved from a few years ago.

baseline bum
01-24-2010, 01:33 AM
:lol Son we're talkin about 2008 Finals..Ppl acting like boston dominated LA the entire series...Injuries happen but ppl need to stop hating on LA any chance they get:toast

Get the fuck out of here with the son shit. I've seen lots of Laker fan bitching and whining about their poor injured scrub when they had the easiest path to a title in NBA history. They didn't face a single good team because they were all missing major players. Don't try to have it both ways dumbass.

underdawg
01-24-2010, 02:23 AM
Lakers would have won in 08 if they had MJ

Chieflion
01-24-2010, 02:24 AM
We could have an argument for "The Basis for Los Angeles' Watered Down 2009 Title" if you want.