PDA

View Full Version : Lebron has taken 38 threes in Cleveland's last five games

gaKNOW!blee
01-23-2010, 10:33 PM
14-38, which is 37%...not bad. But I don't understand why a guy that big and strong, with that kind of speed and leaping ability, takes so many threes.

I can't imagine thats what Mike Brown wants out of him, and I doubt thats a good habit to be getting into for a guy with such an inconsistent jumpshot. Of course that coaching staff will never say a word to him about it, as they are scared of him and will just let him do whatever he wants in fear that he will get mad and leave at the end of the year...but still, just put your head down and go to the basketball Lebron, its what you do best.

KidCongo
01-23-2010, 10:37 PM
Take away the 3pt attempts from LeBron against the Lakers and he goes for 12/16.

IronMexican
01-23-2010, 10:38 PM
Take away the 3pt attempts from LeBron against the Lakers and he goes for 12/16.

I bet Kobe shoots like 97% when you only count his dunk attempts.

23LeBronJames23
01-23-2010, 10:38 PM
I think 14-38 is not so good. IMO why he doesnt make much because he is not like a Ray Allen type of shooter. Although he can improve but not alot.

gaKNOW!blee
01-23-2010, 10:39 PM

Exactly....hes got a decent midrange game and hes obviously unstoppable around the rim and in the paint. He should just do it all the time.

KidCongo
01-23-2010, 10:43 PM
I bet Kobe shoots like 97% when you only count his dunk attempts.

I saw the Knicks game, he can't even get up to dunk so probs only average 1.5ppg.

JoeTait75
01-23-2010, 10:44 PM
He should abuse fools in the post, everyone knows that.

ClippersDynasty
01-23-2010, 10:46 PM
He takes them cause he can make them at a good clip now. The guy attacks the rim plenty from the games I've seen. You can't just attack, attack, attack, it'll ware you down.

gaKNOW!blee
01-23-2010, 10:48 PM
He takes them cause he can make them at a good clip now. The guy attacks the rim plenty from the games I've seen. You can't just attack, attack, attack, it'll ware you down.

fair point...but taking double digit threes is just too much.

He should abuse fools in the post, everyone knows that.

Yeah I dont wanna beat a dead horse with this thread or anything lol, its just I absolutely hate that play where the shot clock is winding down and everyone clears out for lebron....then he takes two dribbles forward and rises up for a three. Im sure you know what i mean.

JoeTait75
01-23-2010, 10:56 PM
Yeah I dont wanna beat a dead horse with this thread or anything lol, its just I absolutely hate that play where the shot clock is winding down and everyone clears out for lebron....then he takes two dribbles forward and rises up for a three. Im sure you know what i mean.

Cavaliers fans don't much care for LeIso either.

KidCongo
01-23-2010, 11:06 PM
Cavaliers fans don't much care for LeIso either.

When he takes jumpshots we all hate it more. If he attacks quickly with a drive and sets-up somebody or lays it in it's great.

It's all about how long he holds the ball. The less time he takes to make a play the better.

mystargtr34
01-23-2010, 11:36 PM
38 is too much in five games. Stating the obvious, 14-38 on three's gives you 42 points. If he goes 50% on two point shots that gives you 38 points. Obviously you dont have the chance to draw defenses and And-1's + foul pressure on the opposition. But its good to mix it up and keep the D honest and open up the driving game. 3 point shot > long two's.

JoeTait75
01-23-2010, 11:45 PM
When he takes jumpshots we all hate it more. If he attacks quickly with a drive and sets-up somebody or lays it in it's great.

It's all about how long he holds the ball. The less time he takes to make a play the better.

And it also depends on what kind of shot he gets. If it's the 15-footer at the foul line, he's got to take it.

KidCongo
01-23-2010, 11:49 PM
And it also depends on what kind of shot he gets. If it's the 15-footer at the foul line, he's got to take it.

Yeah when he can step into them it's all good.

ChrisRichards
01-24-2010, 12:51 AM
I saw the Knicks game, he can't even get up to dunk so probs only average 1.5ppg.
:lol

IronMexican
01-24-2010, 01:37 AM

:lol

MiamiHeat
01-24-2010, 06:19 AM
37% from the 3pt line isn't "not bad"

It's "Great"

You have to keep the defense from clogging the lanes. If LeBron is shooting the 3 ball at 37%, I say let him shoot it when he needs to.

JoeTait75
01-24-2010, 09:48 AM
37% from the 3pt line isn't "not bad"

It's "Great"

You have to keep the defense from clogging the lanes. If LeBron is shooting the 3 ball at 37%, I say let him shoot it when he needs to.

37% isn't great. It's not bad, but not great. And of course, not all of LeBron's threes are created equal. If it's contested, off the back foot and after he's dribbled out the shot clock it's a poor selection. If he's curling off a screen, spotting up and getting the ball from the inside it's good shot selection. The shots in rhythm are when you can really see the improvement in his stroke.

DxB
01-24-2010, 10:42 AM
Its not like he's NOT going to the rim, he is. So as long as he's not settling he needs to keep knocking down 3's... at the very least it'll keep defenses honest.

IMO we can't even (if we wanted to) hate on LBJ right now, he's fucking beasting. Stats are crazy as well, but just how he's playing he seems to have turned it up a notch, and gotten even better as a closer. I really never thought he would do this, I thought his mentality was such that he'd fall off after winning his MVP (like shaq for example), but he's just risen to the occasion...again.

BRHornet45
01-24-2010, 11:05 AM
14-38, which is 37%...not bad. But I don't understand why a guy that big and strong, with that kind of speed and leaping ability, takes so many threes.

son very good point. its even more confusing as to why he is jacking up so many 3's because Lebron knows that all he has to do is drive into the lane, scream really loud, and throw the ball in the air and the whistle shall blow for freebies from the league.

gaKNOW!blee
01-25-2010, 09:56 PM
8 more tonight so far...(2-8)

what the fuck is he is doing?

DazedAndConfused
01-25-2010, 10:01 PM
It almost seems like he shoots better from long distance than from midrange. I think he has too much power to properly control those little midrange shots. That's why I think he typically is fading away on most of his jumpers.