PDA

View Full Version : Trevor "30%" Ariza

GuerillaBlack
01-23-2010, 11:22 PM
Is he eligible for the D-League?

*sigh*

Dude is just flat out HORRIBLE. 30% three point shooter, and attempted seven against Chicago. I hope Morey can package him in the McGrady trade. We should have offered Ron the MLE. I'm pretty sure we would have won more games. Bump the talk about Ariza "is the future". Ariza has no future. He sucks.

GuerillaBlack
01-23-2010, 11:28 PM
Please, do take back Traveling Ariza. We'll gladly re-accept Ron.

Allanon
01-23-2010, 11:31 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/image.php?u=10902&dateline=1261333416

Great avatar.

GuerillaBlack
01-23-2010, 11:32 PM
Ariza is an exception.

Def Rowe
01-23-2010, 11:34 PM
Shouldn't you give the guy a full season to prove himself before you push the panic button?

j.dizzle
01-23-2010, 11:38 PM
No team made a great move this past summer. You guys told us Ron had lost a few steps on D, and he has. We told you guys Ariza was a scrub that played a few good games in the playoffs, and he is. And we all knew Dick would be a huge waste of money for the Spurs, and he has. Rasheed just wants to chuck 3's and get T's. Shaq is hoping to ride the James train to a title, then claim it was him that led the team to its first ring. Bad moves all around. Carter is showing his age. No one got better.
God damn you said it perfectly :toast Ron Rons head is still fucked up though & has plantar fasciitis so he'll get better..Ariza cant even dribble the ball though so I'm happy with Ron Ron, he drains open three's atleast.

GuerillaBlack
01-23-2010, 11:41 PM
No team made a great move this past summer. You guys told us Ron had lost a few steps on D, and he has. We told you guys Ariza was a scrub that played a few good games in the playoffs, and he is. And we all knew Dick would be a huge waste of money for the Spurs, and he has. Rasheed just wants to chuck 3's and get T's. Shaq is hoping to ride the James train to a title, then claim it was him that led the team to its first ring. Bad moves all around. Carter is showing his age. No one got better.

This is true. Though it looked great for all teams in the beginning, as the season has played out, no one has gotten better really (except for the young teams who's talent got mature).

Alicia was better.

Will do a new Alicia avatar. :toast

God damn you said it perfectly :toast Ron Rons head is still fucked up though & has plantar fasciitis so he'll get better..Ariza cant even dribble the ball though so I'm happy with Ron Ron, he drains open three's atleast.

Every time Trevor dribbles and tries to stop he starts doing the LT Electric slide. It's an amazing thing to watch.

mystargtr34
01-23-2010, 11:41 PM

I was gonna make a thread on this. Even Marion for the Mavs has been below expectation. I think Shaq has been ok though, it fixes the matchup problem against Orlando anyway. Dont forget Dyess either.

Dick
Ron
Marion
Shaq
Sheed
McDyess
Carter

None have really done what was expected.

Allanon
01-23-2010, 11:46 PM
Alicia was better.

Which Alicia?

This chick looks pretty good to me :lol

Allanon
01-23-2010, 11:48 PM
Alicia Keys, man!!!!!

Ahhhhhhh THAT Alicia.....I approve of Alicia Keys too :lol

Ghazi
01-23-2010, 11:48 PM
If Terry/Howard weren't shitting the bed this year that Marion move would look much better.

j.dizzle
01-23-2010, 11:49 PM
Yea trevor is terrible at trying to drive through 2 defenders but Ron isnt that much better..I cringe everytime he drives in for a layup hahaha he needs to understand that refs will rarely call a foul cuz hes so damn big.

Tmac&Luther
01-23-2010, 11:51 PM

If that's what he has, well then he won't get better until next season.

The only thing that heals that injury is prolonged rest, which won't come until the offseason.

j.dizzle
01-23-2010, 11:57 PM
If that's what he has, well then he won't get better until next season.

The only thing that heals that injury is prolonged rest, which won't come until the offseason.
yea it probably aint gonna fully heal but he'll get some pretty good rest and treatment all-star week. All LA needs from Ron is to knock down wide open threes & wear out ppl by posting them up..I think he'll start playing harder after all-star break.

Tmac&Luther
01-24-2010, 12:00 AM
yea it probably aint gonna fully heal but he'll get some pretty good rest and treatment all-star week. All LA needs from Ron is to knock down wide open threes & wear out ppl by posting them up..I think he'll start playing harder after all-star break.

It takes weeks of rest to heal that injury....like a month of being off your feet.

GuerillaBlack
01-24-2010, 12:10 AM
Adam Wexler twitter:

With his 3-14 shooting night, Trevor Ariza now sits dead last in the NBA in FG% among the 117 players who qualify (37.8%).

Ariza is THE TRUTH!

mystargtr34
01-24-2010, 12:12 AM
Damn 37.8% Thats pretty bad. Im interested to know who has the all-time lowest in the modern era. Has to qualify obviously.

Jerry Stackhouse back in 2001 had something around 37% i tihnk... maybe not that low.

DaDakota
01-24-2010, 12:19 AM
He is HORRIBLE.......

And we have to watch him suck for 5 more years......ARGGHHHH !!

DD

noob cake
01-24-2010, 12:41 AM
He is HORRIBLE.......

And we have to watch him suck for 5 more years......ARGGHHHH !!

DD

We'll be fine. Ariza is young and can play defense. We'll just ban him from shooting next year when we have better options.

Pelicans78
01-24-2010, 12:42 AM
Ariza's been a terrible signing. I didn't realize he was this bad. Talent around Lakersd really hid his deficiencies. Rockets are better off playing T-Mac and letting his contract expire instead of this guy. Reminds me of when the Hornets signed Mo-Pete and Posey for 4 years.

GuerillaBlack
01-24-2010, 12:43 AM
We'll be fine. Ariza is young and can play defense. We'll just ban him from shooting next year when we have better options.

I'd probably agree with you if Ariza wasn't missing...hell airballing...wide open shots.

ClippersDynasty
01-24-2010, 12:45 AM
So much hate at ClutchFans for Ariza :lmao

Didn't realize he was doing so poorly and that every Rocketfan hates him so much.

noob cake
01-24-2010, 12:46 AM
I'd probably agree with you if Ariza wasn't missing...hell airballing...wide open shots.

How will he miss shots that he won't be able to take next year? :sleep

Tmac&Luther
01-24-2010, 12:46 AM

Selling out for steals is NOT playing defense.

Ariza is one of the most overrated defenders in the league...he's not that good on defense.

Def Rowe
01-24-2010, 02:00 AM
Adam Wexler twitter:

With his 3-14 shooting night, Trevor Ariza now sits dead last in the NBA in FG% among the 117 players who qualify (37.8%).

Ariza is THE TRUTH!

Shit... I didn't know that.

Double-Up
01-24-2010, 09:11 AM
Shouldn't you give the guy a full season to prove himself before you push the panic button?

He's dead last in FG% for players who qualify in the entire league at around 37%. That's horrible and I wish he would take a backseat to other players because right now he is seriously hurting the team by jacking up shot after shot.

Double-Up
01-24-2010, 09:12 AM
Adam Wexler twitter:

Ariza is THE TRUTH!

Beat me to it...still he needs to know his role and it sure as fuck isn't a scorer.

Indazone
01-24-2010, 10:05 AM
Now you understand why T-Mac was so pissed off sitting on the bench with his 7 minutes watching this waste of talent Ariza play like he belonged in a pee-wee basketball league.

Danny.Zhu
01-24-2010, 10:32 AM
I was gonna make a thread on this. Even Marion for the Mavs has been below expectation. I think Shaq has been ok though, it fixes the matchup problem against Orlando anyway. Dont forget Dyess either.

Dick
Ron
Marion
Shaq
Sheed
McDyess
Carter

None have really done what was expected.

Add in Gortat, Bass and Hedo.

TJastal
01-24-2010, 11:41 AM
lol@ this thread

You guys are all going to be loving the guy once you get the proper pieces surrouding him.

Asking him to be the main creator of the offense is like asking Battier to, its not going to work out. If McGrady and Yao were both healthy he would be in his proper place as a 3rd or 4th option.

As if mental issues weren't enough, if Artest has any major foot issues like planar fascitis you can kiss his career down the drain. Artest has 260 lbs of weight on a 6'7" frame and he spends alot of time guarding perimeter players. That is a recipe for disaster.

DaDakota
01-24-2010, 12:21 PM
Actually no we will not because Trevor is a guy who needs a superstar player to take attention away from him, and we do not have one, and there are only a few in the league.

Having him signed for 5 years as a guy who can not:

1. Dribble
2. Pass
3. Shoot
4. Space the floo
5. Stay in front of his man

It was a miserable signing, he only fits with players like Dwade, Kobe or Lebron....heck trade him for Big Z now.....and let Cleveland have him they could use him more than we can.....

DD

Double-Up
01-24-2010, 12:29 PM
Actually no we will not because Trevor is a guy who needs a superstar player to take attention away from him, and we do not have one, and there are only a few in the league.

Having him signed for 5 years as a guy who can not:

1. Dribble
2. Pass
3. Shoot
4. Space the floo
5. Stay in front of his man

It was a miserable signing, he only fits with players like Dwade, Kobe or Lebron....heck trade him for Big Z now.....and let Cleveland have him they could use him more than we can.....

DD

He can slash and he's a solid defender he's just playing out of his role right now, he is definantly worth the salary we're paying him.

GuerillaBlack
01-24-2010, 12:31 PM
He is definitely NOT worth the salary we are paying him.

He is probably the worst MLE player in the NBA.

Sportstudi
01-24-2010, 12:32 PM
Damn 37.8% Thats pretty bad. Im interested to know who has the all-time lowest in the modern era. Has to qualify obviously.

Jerry Stackhouse back in 2001 had something around 37% i tihnk... maybe not that low.

I made some research from the 1980-81 to 2009-10 season (qualified). As the result, Baron Davis (in 2008-09), Kerry Kittles and John Starks had the lowest with 37 % each. Here you are (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&type=per_game&per_minute_base=36&is_playoffs=N&year_min=1981&year_max=2010&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&height_min=0&height_max=99&lg_id=&franch_id=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos=&qual=fg_pct_req&c1stat=fg_pct&c1comp=gt&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=fg_pct&order_by_asc=Y).

DAF86
01-24-2010, 02:25 PM

Ariza is sucking right now 'cause he's trying to play a role that he isn't good at: playmaker/scorer, once the Rockets get a bonafide go to guy I think he could be a pretty good player for them, playing the role he's supossed to play: a defensive stopper and energy guy that waits for the open shot on offense.

Allanon
01-24-2010, 04:24 PM
If the Rockets get a couple of star players back in and put Ariza back into a role, then he'll probably play alot better.

GuerillaBlack
01-24-2010, 05:07 PM
Ariza is sucking right now 'cause he's trying to play a role that he isn't good at: playmaker/scorer, once the Rockets get a bonafide go to guy I think he could be a pretty good player for them, playing the role he's supossed to play: a defensive stopper and energy guy that waits for the open shot on offense.

Have you seen Ariza play? Dude is bricking wide open shots. That's all on him.

ffadicted
01-24-2010, 05:09 PM

For once this man speaks with wisdom lol
Still holding on to the hope jefferson turns it around though, at least he's acknowledged he's underachieving this season

Dice is trying really hard to take that crown lol

Lars
01-24-2010, 06:26 PM
Still trying to hold my judgement for when Yao gets back.

TJastal
01-24-2010, 06:32 PM

There you go, once Yao is back next year and McGrady's salary is off the books you guys will have enough cash to sign a pretty good 1st or 2nd option.

Then Ariza will naturally move into his natural fit of 3rd or 4th option, like he was with the lakers.

DaDakota
01-24-2010, 07:43 PM
Actually we won't because of cap holds for Lowry and Scola etc.....all we get from McGrady's expiring deal is $7 million in cap room.

What a pisser.

DD

Indazone
01-24-2010, 09:00 PM

I don't care who you are role player or not. If you're wide open, in the NBA and you take your shot, there's no excuse for bricking or airballing the ball all the time.

Truth? HE SUCKS

The Franchise
01-24-2010, 10:55 PM

Even with the team we have he should never be more than a fourth option on offense. Scola, Landry, and Brooks (and when he has it going Chase) should all recieve the ball before Ariza get's his turn to dribble the ball off his foot, and turn it over.

Brazil
01-25-2010, 08:30 AM
Ariza should be a role player and not a go to go guy.

Indazone
01-25-2010, 01:24 PM
Have not figured out the manlove that Adleman has for Ariza. If it had been JVG his ass would have been riding the pine by now.

Only thing I can think of is Adleman promised him minutes prior to signing and unlike JVG does not go back on his word.

But c'mon Rick...enough is enough. Nobody will fault you now for sitting his ass on the pine.

TheMACHINE
01-25-2010, 01:57 PM
You guys are all going to be loving the guy once you get the proper pieces surrouding him.

Surrounding him?! LOL

You must mean getting a number 1, 2, 3 and 4 offensive option before him. lol

ClippersDynasty
01-25-2010, 11:49 PM
Trevor doing his thing again tonight, 4-11 for 8 points.

GuerillaBlack
01-26-2010, 12:43 PM
Trevor "Electric Slide" Ariza is just horrible. McGrady would have been 10x better. He's probably laughing his ass off in Chicago right now. I don't blame him.

IronMexican
01-26-2010, 12:50 PM
I thought Artest for Ariza was a lateral move. Guess I was wrong. I was even in favor of Ariza, cause he was younger.

Andrew Bynum
01-26-2010, 01:54 PM
He's shooting 29.8% from three and he's taken 258 attempts :wow

How are the Rockets even in contention with this guy playing 38 minutes a game?

Allanon
01-26-2010, 09:54 PM
After starting the year shooting like 20%, Artest is now the Lakers best 3 point shooter.

Who knows, maybe Ariza can find his touch.

I like Ariza, hope he somehow makes a comeback.

Allanon
01-26-2010, 09:54 PM
After starting the year shooting like 20%, Artest is now the Lakers best 3 point shooter.

Who knows, maybe Ariza can find his touch.

I like Ariza, hope he somehow makes a comeback.