PDA

View Full Version : Even Del Negro knows that small ball doesnt work

SinBAD
01-23-2010, 11:27 PM
the rockets team that murdered us in the paint lost at home to the bulls without noah because they played with 2 bigs.they outrebounded the rockets by 10 and had 12 blocks.their D was superior with the red hot rockets from last night shooting only 40%.Thats how you win pop!
http://www.nba.com/games/20100123/CHIHOU/gameinfo.html?ls=gt2hp0020900641

itzsoweezee
01-23-2010, 11:29 PM
The Popapologists have been awfully quiet lately.

Sean Cagney
01-23-2010, 11:38 PM
OF COURSE they will lose to another team, just not our SORRY azz D. Small ball is horrible, everyone knows it except for POP. I wish he would cut that SHYT OUT NOW.

spurtech09
01-24-2010, 12:43 AM
duh!!!!!!!!!!...now pop stop playing games already and start playing real spur basketball....small ball doesn't work

hsxvvd
01-24-2010, 02:25 AM
Has Pop ever been asked the question? More importantly, has he ever answered it? Or simply provided some smug arrogant remark to it.

2007/8 Small ball might have cut it, but look around the league... Small ball ain't needed anymore.

Bynum/Gasol/Odom
O'Neal/Varejo/James
Dampier/Nowitzki/Marion
Nene/Martin/Melo
Perkin/Garnett/Pierce

Only Orlando and Atlanta play similar line-ups, but both have guys like Rashard Lewis or Josh Smith, who seem custom made for small ball.

What do we do?

Duncan, Jefferson, Manu?

sook
01-24-2010, 03:15 AM
you do realize that the bulls were like hitting all sorts of jumpers and brad miller went off for the best game hes had in like 3 yrs right?

If noah played we would have been MUCH better off.

poop
01-24-2010, 04:45 AM
The Popapologists have been awfully quiet lately.

yes, fuck these apologist patsy bitches.

Chomag
01-24-2010, 07:39 AM
Has Pop ever been asked the question? More importantly, has he ever answered it? Or simply provided some smug arrogant remark to it.

2007/8 Small ball might have cut it, but look around the league... Small ball ain't needed anymore.

Bynum/Gasol/Odom
O'Neal/Varejo/James
Dampier/Nowitzki/Marion
Nene/Martin/Melo
Perkin/Garnett/Pierce

Only Orlando and Atlanta play similar line-ups, but both have guys like Rashard Lewis or Josh Smith, who seem custom made for small ball.

What do we do?

Duncan, Jefferson, Manu?

This is pretty much what I have been thinking all season. When the Hell has Small ball worked at a high level? Good take.

Only a couple of years ago small ball was considering going with 3 guards but even then you still had bigs out there to play center and a PF, which I believe the Suns started when they went with Kid,Chapmen, and P.Hardaway. Now especially with Pop with his Super small Ball insanity he is going as far as using Mason as the PF. :lol

TJastal
01-24-2010, 07:48 AM
Que in Chumpdumper with his "Its always the players fault, never the coach"

alchemist
01-24-2010, 08:06 AM
you do realize that the bulls were like hitting all sorts of jumpers and brad miller went off for the best game hes had in like 3 yrs right?

:wakeup

Obstructed_View
01-24-2010, 12:42 PM
Pop has won four titles. Y'all are gay.

SequSpur
01-24-2010, 04:26 PM
4 Rings bitches...

Pop is untouchable.

The Truth #6
01-24-2010, 08:30 PM
Tall ball is great in theory but most of our bigs underwhelm - Dice, Bonner, Ratliff. Either we play a style that matches the talents of our players or Pop actually get the players that will work in the "System". I think Pop thought he he was getting bigger better players this year but that has yet to be evident. Of course that hasn't stopped him from doing the same thing over and over again.

But I don't think playing the ghost of Theo Ratliff is going to somehow fix our problems. He often misses 8 foot jumpers by 3 feet. Someone who might help in 4 minute stretches is not a long-term solution.

Everyone thought Dice played great last year but people forget he sat out like half the year and rested. Some might say he's still resting right now. If he somehow turns it "on" I'll be happy...and amazed.

At this point he needs to play players that have potential for being good defenders like Ian and Malik. Most of our players are basically old and slow - just like always.

sananspursfan21
01-24-2010, 08:51 PM

what's with this we stuff. i checked the roster and you're not on it

hsxvvd
01-25-2010, 09:15 AM
4 rings... yep.

99' Robinson & Duncan
03' Robinson & Duncan
05' Rasho & Duncan
07' Elson/Oberto & Duncan

superbigtime
01-25-2010, 01:46 PM
As long as this stubborn, arrogant old fool coach stays in SA, these are the results you get. Pop has sabotaged this team with small ball since '06 against the Mavs. Play to YOUR TEAM'S strengths, not into the hands of your opponents Pop, fucking moron.

When will people realize that the Spurs won championships IN SPITE of the coach and not because of him? Some guy named Tim may have been more instrumental than the dumbass coach, hello.