PDA

View Full Version : Source: Sale of Rangers nears $570M

Mel_13
01-24-2010, 01:22 AM
A group headed by Pittsburgh attorney Chuck Greenberg, called Rangers Baseball Express, has a deal in place to purchase the Texas Rangers from owner Tom Hicks, Hicks Sports Group announced Saturday night.

Richard Durrett and the rest of the ESPNDallas.com team have the inside scoop on the Rangers, the American League and Major League Baseball. Blog.
A sale price was not announced, but a source said the price tag was under $570 million, which includes the team, the lease at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington and approximately 153 acres of real estate around the park. The real estate portion of the agreement was part of a separate transaction, which transfers most of the land controlled by Hicks around the ballpark and Cowboys Stadium to the Greenberg group.

Attorneys representing Greenberg's group, which includes Rangers president Nolan Ryan....

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/news/story?id=4852837

leemajors
01-27-2010, 10:05 AM
They were saying on local radio that Round Rock would switch affiliation to the Rangers, is it that easy to do so?

I. Hustle
01-27-2010, 10:13 AM
They were saying on local radio that Round Rock would switch affiliation to the Rangers, is it that easy to do so?

They switch so often anyway. I used to like going to the express games when I lived there.

EricB
02-02-2010, 08:59 AM
It only makes sense. Does Ryan still have an ownership investment in them?

fyatuk
02-02-2010, 12:17 PM

If the Express switch, you'd think the Hooks would as well.

Whisky Dog
02-05-2010, 10:22 AM
It only makes sense. Does Ryan still have an ownership investment in them?

Yes, he's part of the Greenberg ownership group and will remain president of the team. From what I've heard so far Greenberg has come in at every level of operations and has taken a "tell me what you need to succeed and we'll get it done" approach.

EricB
02-12-2010, 08:19 PM
Yes, he's part of the Greenberg ownership group and will remain president of the team. From what I've heard so far Greenberg has come in at every level of operations and has taken a "tell me what you need to succeed and we'll get it done" approach.

Phenomenal to hear.

Hope they can get off to a great start and be competitive for a playoff spot and be buyers at the trade deadline for once!

ClippersDynasty
02-12-2010, 10:28 PM
Phenomenal to hear.

Hope they can get off to a great start and be competitive for a playoff spot and be buyers at the trade deadline for once!

lol Matt Holiday

LOL Cardinals/Rangers fan

EricB
02-13-2010, 03:10 PM
lol Matt Holiday

LOL Cardinals/Rangers fan

Yeah I can see how those things would be laughable.

300 power hitter

second most championship winning franchise in baseball history.