PDA

View Full Version : Question to Lebron Fans.

TheMACHINE
01-24-2010, 11:01 AM
Serious question:

would you rather:

A) See Lebron upgrade his teammates (ala Kobe Bryant) and win a ring for the first time, but will eventually hear how he couldnt win until "Player A" showed up.

or

B) Keep his talent pretty mediocre (no all stars) and somehow find a way to will his team to victory in the Finals with some crazy stats (ie 40ppg 12rbd 10 assits)....but risking the fact that he may never win a ring.

Discuss.

JoeTait75
01-24-2010, 11:04 AM
You mean "Cavaliers fans?"

I'll take the ring. I don't care what people say about the team around LeBron, or whether or not he could win without _______. I don't care if they beat the Minnesota Timberwolves in the Finals. Just give me the damn ring.

MiamiHeat
01-24-2010, 11:07 AM
C) LeBron gets good role players that actually step up and make their shots when LeBron gives them the ball like a Robert Horry or a James Posey, good role players that rebound, hustle, and play defense. LeBron has nobody on the Cavs to do this.

Who the F does LeBron give the ball to when he is double teamed for a game winning shot? He has no John Paxson, Steve Kerr, Robert Horry, Derek Fisher, etc...

I do not want to see LeBron on a Lakergate fiasco with a stacked team of Gasol, etc...

TheMACHINE
01-24-2010, 11:08 AM
You mean "Cavaliers fans?"

I'll take the ring. I don't care what people say about the team around LeBron, or whether or not he could win without _______. I don't care if they beat the Minnesota Timberwolves in the Finals. Just give me the damn ring.

nice take...but im refering this also to Lebron fans that are not Cavs fans....see how they respond to individuality vs team goals aswell.

TheMACHINE
01-24-2010, 11:09 AM
C) LeBron has good role players that actually step up and make their shots when LeBron gives them the ball, good role players that rebound, hustle, and play defense.

I do not want to see LeBron on a Lakergate fiasco with a stacked team of Gasol, etc...

ahhh...like MJ? well good luck with that.

MiamiHeat
01-24-2010, 11:12 AM
LeBron can do it. He's the only perimeter guy since MJ that I am a believer in. Wade won't win another ring unless he gets a somewhat stacked team again. Kobe couldn't do squat either until he got Lakeshow 2.0

Who does LeBron pass to and rely on for a game winner? Who steps up? Mo Williams? He has NOBODY. Shaq can't even be on the court because of Hack a Shaq, while Gasol can be.

No Derek Fisher to win another game with a clutch 3 pter, no nothing.

JoeTait75
01-24-2010, 11:17 AM
LeBron can do it. He's the only guy since MJ that I am a believer in. Wade won't win another ring unless he gets a somewhat stacked team again. Kobe couldn't do squat either until he got Lakeshow 2.0

Who does LeBron pass to and rely on for a game winner? Who steps up? Mo Williams? He has NOBODY. Shaq can't even be on the court because of Hack a Shaq, while Gasol can be.

I think there's a tendency to underestimate LeBron's supporting cast.

TheMACHINE
01-24-2010, 11:22 AM

Does Lebron have the top 2 "3 point" shooters in the league?! or did i hear wrong?

JoeTait75
01-24-2010, 11:25 AM
Does Lebron have the top 2 "3 point" shooters in the league?! or did i hear wrong?

Parker and Gibson are both in the top three. Gibson is over 50% from three so far.

Mo was up there IIRC but had that bad Western trip and has fallen off.

rhyputa
01-24-2010, 11:30 AM
Official All LeBron, All The Time Thread
is needed

himat
01-24-2010, 12:21 PM
Have you guys ever seen a championship run? One player NEVER wins a championship by himself. At some crucial point in the postseason someone else has to step up. Even if you chose option B that would never happen. LeBron almost averaged a triple double against Orlando and what happened? He lost.

Every Cavs fan, if they were smart, would want LeBron to have better players surround him.

I think LeBron has a pretty solid group of guys around him now though. He has Mo Williams, Anthony Parker, Shaq, Delonte West, Verajao, Ilgauskas. Thats not that bad.

himat
01-24-2010, 12:25 PM

A smart fan. Thank you for telling it how it is. LeBron's supporting cast is not as goood as Kobe's, but its still pretty damn good. Honestly though, the supporting cast doesn't necessarily have to be more talented. If the Cavs play tough defense and have great chemistry going into the postseason, then they can be a threat for the championship.

The Shaq addition will be huge though. Because he is still good enough to get double teamed. To have 2 players that need to be double teamed (LeBron and Shaq) is such a big asset. Its scary to watch Shaq and LeBron work the two man game when Shaq is bullying people in the paint (like he did against the Lakers).

23LeBronJames23
01-24-2010, 12:43 PM
Win Finals as a team so that LeBron would still be the number 1 option

Cane
01-24-2010, 01:13 PM
Lebron's cast is decent enough in the regular season...playoffs time just about everyone not named James fails to show up ala Mo Williams and Co. last year. However you remove James from the Cavs and they might not even make it to the playoffs. On a Lebron-less and struggling Cavs team I think guys like Delonte West would've been handled differently. Shaq may not look too good in the playoffs if teams remember the good old Hack-a-shaq strat.

I want to see Lebron win a ring and it'd be a greater story if he won it for the Cavs franchise. He's going to win a few rings, barring catastrophic injury since he's a combination of Magic Johnson and Michael Jordan in an elite running back's body. Crazy shit.

ClippersDynasty
01-24-2010, 01:36 PM
LeBron can do it. He's the only perimeter guy since MJ that I am a believer in. Wade won't win another ring unless he gets a somewhat stacked team again. Kobe couldn't do squat either until he got Lakeshow 2.0

:lol Did you not watch the Cavs game last night? Lebron comes down, passes to Boobie Gibson, guy hits a three to put the Cavs up 2 with hardly any time left which proved to be the game winner.

Lebron doesn't have the crew Kobe does but you're totally undervaluing them. Especially when you say he doesn't have anyone that hustles, plays D, and rebounds. Ummm did you watch the Cavs/Laker games this year?

DPG21920
01-24-2010, 02:03 PM
Boobie Gibson is terrible.

MiamiHeat
01-24-2010, 02:10 PM
:lol Did you not watch the Cavs game last night? Lebron comes down, passes to Boobie Gibson, guy hits a three to put the Cavs up 2 with hardly any time left which proved to be the game winner.

Lebron doesn't have the crew Kobe does but you're totally undervaluing them. Especially when you say he doesn't have anyone that hustles, plays D, and rebounds. Ummm did you watch the Cavs/Laker games this year?

They do just fine in the regular season, but go missing in the playoffs. None of them are able to step up and be a factor deep in the playoffs.

However, they got Shaq now, and I believe the Cavs will be 2010 champs.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-24-2010, 02:40 PM
Official All LeBron, All The Time Thread
is needed

Agreed.

tlongII
01-24-2010, 02:51 PM
Right now the Cavs are the odds on favorite to win the LOB this season.

KidCongo
01-24-2010, 09:53 PM
Just win a ring he has plenty of years to add to a legacy but just get the ring.

ChrisRichards
01-24-2010, 10:48 PM
Very much so. Like i said on the other Cav/Laker game thread, Lebron's teammates does not have star power but they are some of the smartest and hardest working group of players. Furthermore, they fit Lebron's skillset very much.

As much as any fan hates Varejao, I love his constant hustling and ability to grab a rebound in key situations. Mo Williams, though overrated and Delonte West are two fo the most balanced perimeter players in the league. Boobie Gibson is automatic beyond the arc and Shaq is valuable against teams he really cares showing up with (Orlando, LA). JJ Hickson is a great backup and when Leon Powe comes back in full swing, then people need to really respect that Cleveland FC.

Lakers better hope they dont face Cleveland in the Finals. They are not going to win a game in Cleveland, while the Cavs has shown they can win at Staples.

ChrisRichards
01-24-2010, 10:49 PM
Boobie Gibson is terrible.
Overstatement. Yes, he's one dimensional, but he is valuable in clutch situations. He just needs to get some minutes.

JamStone
01-24-2010, 11:21 PM
Cavs have better than "mediocre" talent. LeBron's teammates aren't the best, but they aren't merely "mediocre." Shaq is way passed his prime, but in the East, he can still be a force, and I'd assume play more of a role at least offensively when the playoffs come. Mo Williams isn't really an all star caliber player, but he's an above average scorer/shooter in the NBA. And, LeBron does have some good role players who know how to play their respective roles, like Varejao and Ilgauskas and Delonte West and Anthony Parker. LeBron could do much worse in terms of his supporting cast. It's not the Lakers or Celtics in terms of having multiple all star caliber teammates, but it's better than "mediocre" imo.

If I were a LeBron or Cavaliers fan, I wouldn't care how they did it or how stacked the team was, I'd just want them to win it. Haters will hate. Critics will try to discredit. But regardless if the criticisms have merit or not, once the ring is won, you can't take it away.