PDA

View Full Version : J.R. Smith could face ramifications for behavior

boutons_deux
01-24-2010, 06:40 PM
"eclectic" ? :lol

1 : selecting what appears to be best in various doctrines, methods, or styles

2 : composed of elements drawn from various sources

I think GK meant erratic or eccentric :)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-nuggets-smith&prov=ap&type=lgns

exstatic
01-24-2010, 10:16 PM
This clown's just never going to grow up. If the death of his friend didn't snap him out of his selfish funk, then nothing will. He's like what would happen if you mixed Kobe's talent with Artest's brain, or lack thereof.

balli
01-24-2010, 10:22 PM
I think besides being dumb JR Smith is just a genuinely bad person. He's not immature in the sense that he needs to grow up. He's not dumb in the way a rookie is with hopes for improving. He's just a dumb, selfish, stupid motherfucker and he'll never grow out of it because it isn't something for him to grow out of; it is what he is. Just a shit human being.

ducks
01-24-2010, 11:53 PM
Smith didn’t attend an optional practice Sunday, after which coach George Karl described his behavior on the bench Saturday night as “eclectic.” Karl said he would meet with the team’s brass before deciding what to do

redzero
01-25-2010, 12:24 AM
I think besides being dumb JR Smith is just a genuinely bad person. He's not immature in the sense that he needs to grow up. He's not dumb in the way a rookie is with hopes for improving. He's just a dumb, selfish, stupid motherfucker and he'll never grow out of it because it isn't something for him to grow out of; it is what he is. Just a shit human being.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Hornets1
01-25-2010, 12:36 AM

Couldn't have put it better myself:toast

Double-Up
01-25-2010, 12:45 AM
Too bad, he could have been an all-star if he had any kind of work ethic. Oh well, fuck him.

Chieflion
01-25-2010, 12:48 AM
Guy is a prime example of an extremely talented player, but a real big dumbass that tries to waste his career anyway possible.

j.dizzle
01-25-2010, 12:55 AM
JR Smith just being the moron hes supposed to be, no surprises. I wonder how he would act under Phil or Popovich..Nobody on that team is scared of Karl, hes a pussy.

duhoh
01-25-2010, 01:24 AM
nothing to see here people.

move along.

darkwitzki
01-25-2010, 01:36 AM
Strange, i see him and Ricky Davies having similar look and attitude.

lil_penny
01-25-2010, 01:57 AM
J.r. rider 2.0

Allanon
01-25-2010, 02:43 AM
If ZBo can turn it around JR ca .... never mind.

lil_penny
01-25-2010, 02:52 AM
If ZBo can turn it around JR ca .... never mind.

Z bo has done a 180, however I think j.r. will end up doing a 360 lol

TacoCabanaFajitas
01-25-2010, 04:08 AM
Smith didn’t attend an optional practice Sunday, after which coach George Karl described his behavior on the bench Saturday night as “eclectic.” Karl said he would meet with the team’s brass before deciding what to do

I knew you were fucking trolling us with your half-retarded posts in broken English, why don't you always post with such intelligence?

jermaine
01-25-2010, 08:27 AM

(He's what we say in the hood, "You can take the nigga outta the hood but you can't take the hood outta the nigga"! An on top of all that he got mad money! So he aint gone change cuz he know he good an he know the "Hood" is watching! I'll take him for Moneyma$e an Findog! Lmao)

Double-Up
01-25-2010, 08:30 AM
(He's what we say in the hood, "You can take the nigga outta the hood but you can't take the hood outta the nigga"! An on top of al that he got mad money! So he aint gone change cuz he know he good an he know the "Hood" is watching! I'll take him for Moneyma$e on Findog! Lmao

He's just not playing with a full deck I think...maybe he fell out the craddle when he was a baby or some shit.

http://faketalk.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/ept_sports_nba_experts-26741987-1243364000.jpg

jermaine
01-25-2010, 08:40 AM
http://faketalk.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/ept_sports_nba_experts-26741987-1243364000.jpg[/QUOTE]

Sign that retarded muthafucka up Pop an get that nigga a helment! Lol. I like some of his swagg but he do go over board. An Pop don't play all that jumping around an throwing gang signs so he couldn't play for the Spurs. He mite rub off on the Spurs an they quit playing like lil bitches! The Spurs needs somebody with some tats, headban, arm or calf sleeve, or something! Manu had a chin guard sleeve on an Spurs fans asked "Why do Manu have one long sock on" LMAO!

rAm
01-25-2010, 11:10 AM
http://faketalk.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/ept_sports_nba_experts-26741987-1243364000.jpg

Sign that retarded muthafucka up

hater
01-25-2010, 11:24 AM
worst person in the NBA, yes, he's 1000x worse than KG

jermaine
01-25-2010, 02:13 PM
worst person in the NBA, yes, he's 1000x worse than KG

Naw KG picks on lil guards an fat boys and the league don't do anythang about it. But when he hit ole Zaza he was bout to get that ass beat he threw his hands up. He a hoe like Melo with his hit&run ass!

NuGGeTs-FaN
01-25-2010, 02:30 PM
Nuggets are going to trade JR for Rip Hamilton, and Joe Dumars will fix up the difference in the salaries :toast

Chomag
01-25-2010, 02:38 PM
So sad to see another great talent screw to mediocrity because of the person.

duncan228
01-25-2010, 04:39 PM
Another Chapter in the Long Saga of J.R. Smith (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=tsn-anotherchapterinthel&prov=tsn&type=lgns)
SportingNews

Few players in the NBA have been through as many twists and turns as J.R. Smith, a shooting guard with all the talent in the world who’s nevertheless seen a career full of stints on the bench, tiffs with coaches, and off-court incidents.

Through it all, though, his talent has been clear. The highs of last season, when he was one of the best sixth men in the league, suggested he’d turned a corner. But now there’s been another bump in the road (http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/01/24/suspension-an-option-after-j-r-smiths-bench-antics/). FanHouse’s Chris Tomasson has more:

[George] Karl, who also learned Sunday the Nuggets will be without star forward Carmelo Anthony on Monday against Charlotte due to a sprained left ankle, called Smith’s behavior on the bench Saturday "eclectic” when he expressed dissatisfaction with playing a season-low 12 minutes in a 116-110 overtime win over the Hornets.

"You can all interpret his body language as much as I can interpret it,” Karl said. "It’s different.”

Tomasson suggested that a suspension might be an option, but the Nuggets have now said Smith won’t miss any time (http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_14264027?source=rss).

Even so, J.R. isn’t out of the woods quite yet. In a later FanHouse article (http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/01/25/chauncey-billups-helps-j-r-smith-through-troubled-times/), Tomasson spoke with Smith’s friend and mentor Chauncey Billups:

"I think J.R. is old enough and mature to know what’s wrong,” Billups said in an interview Sunday night with FanHouse. "I think he made a bad choice in judgment, and I think his emotions overcame him a little bit. But it happens. It could happen to me. It could happen to (Denver’s Carmelo Anthony), to (Denver’s Kenyon Martin). It’s just so that it happened with his priors. When you think about his reputation, it’s escalated … He knows he made a bad choice. He’ll be fine, though.”

He’s not in deep trouble, but the situation is clear: J.R. is now back on everyone’s watch list once again. The team might not be looking to deal him quite yet, but the doubts about whether he can be a key component of the team for years have to be coming up again.

Eventually, Smith will stop being a perpetual reclamation project and be seen for what he is: a surpremely talented player who also happens to be hard to deal with from time to time. When his shot’s not falling, like right now, he can be a handful. Yet when he’s on, there’s arguably no more dynamic bench scorer in the league.

Sure, the Nuggets would like him to be more dependable. Not every player is like that, though, and that lack of dependability doesn’t mean he’s not valuable. If Stephen Jackson can carve out a niche in the league, so can J.R. Smith.

NuGGeTs-FaN
01-25-2010, 04:49 PM
I'd totally give up on him if it wasn't for Chauncey.

I reckon the Nuggets will let Karl walk and then just have CB as a coach/player :lol