PDA

View Full Version : Free State Vehcie Inspection

remingtonbo2001
01-24-2010, 11:24 PM
Special for all Spurstalk members. Free State Vehicle Inspection with any regular priced Full Service Oil Change only at Express Lube on Nacogdoches, located between Thousand Oaks and O'Conner Rd. (210)653-7355

SpursStalker
01-25-2010, 10:16 AM
What if you don't own a Vehcie?

I. Hustle
01-25-2010, 10:18 AM
You don't want to know where he'll put the oil then.

SpursStalker
01-25-2010, 11:02 AM
You don't want to know where he'll put the oil then.

I shudder at the thought!

Viva Las Espuelas
01-25-2010, 11:25 AM
That's cool. If you don't mind me asking, how can you pull this off? That is of course this oil change isn't over $100. If so, this would be a steal for clambake.

thispego
01-25-2010, 11:31 AM
i'm buying a new truck soon. how long will you be hookin it up, bo?

ashbeeigh
01-25-2010, 11:37 AM
I'm going to need an oil change in like 500 miles, but I use synthetic not regular. If I can save on that then I may drive over there.

Bigzax
01-25-2010, 11:39 AM
i gotta get my horn fixed first!

remingtonbo2001
01-25-2010, 07:14 PM
That's cool. If you don't mind me asking, how can you pull this off? That is of course this oil change isn't over $100. If so, this would be a steal for clambake.

Unless you're driving a large diesel truck and/or school bus, or an expensive luxury vehicle running on a full sythetic I don't think that will be an issue.

i'm buying a new truck soon. how long will you be hookin it up, bo?

Just let me know before you come by and we'll work something out.

i gotta get my horn fixed first!

It may be something as simple as a fuse. Bring your vehicle by sometime and we'll see if can fix the problem.

remingtonbo2001
01-26-2010, 10:29 AM
Bump

Frenzy
01-26-2010, 10:42 AM
Special for all Spurstalk members. Free State Vehicle Inspection with any regular priced Full Service Oil Change only at Express Lube on Nacogdoches, located between Thousand Oaks and O'Conner Rd. (210)653-7355
free sticker... I assume?

so like 14$ How much stickers cost now a days?

remingtonbo2001
01-26-2010, 06:43 PM
free sticker... I assume?

so like 14$ How much stickers cost now a days?

The inspection itself is $14.50.

Twisted_Dawg
01-26-2010, 08:19 PM
I went there last week and got my car inspected, oil changed and some nitro pumped into my tires. This is a very clean place with a very professional staff that will take good care of your car.

I highly recommend this shop. The manager, Bo, is a very professional. Take your car by there and let Bo take care of you.

marini martini
01-26-2010, 11:47 PM
I sure hope this offer runs through April!!!:toast

U.S.A.F.
01-27-2010, 12:10 AM
This is great news I will see you Saturday! Are you on craigslist yet?

remingtonbo2001
01-27-2010, 06:42 PM
I went there last week and got my car inspected, oil changed and some nitro pumped into my tires. This is a very clean place with a very professional staff that will take good care of your car.

I highly recommend this shop. The manager, Bo, is a very professional. Take your car by there and let Bo take care of you.

I appreciate the compliment. I'm glad we were able to provide you with quality service. We look forward to servicing your vehicle in the future.

I sure hope this offer runs through April!!!:toast

For you Marini, of course. Please, remind me in April.

This is great news I will see you Saturday! Are you on craigslist yet?

No we're not, but that would be an interesting idea to try out. See you Saturday!

ashbeeigh
01-27-2010, 06:49 PM
No we're not, but that would be an interesting idea to try out. See you Saturday!

A lot of companies use Twitter to publish sales and all that jazz. If even a few of us are coming in think of what you may get if you tweet something once or twice a week.

remingtonbo2001
01-28-2010, 06:55 PM
For those who do not need a State Vehicle Inspection, mention Spurstalk and receive a FREE Air Filter (up to 12.99) with any Full Service Oil Change!

Don't forget, we'll top off your fluids and adjust your tire pressure for FREE up to 3,000 miles (5,000 miles with Synthetic Service)

marini martini
01-28-2010, 07:57 PM
For you Marini, of course. Please, remind me in April.

For those who do not need a State Vehicle Inspection, mention Spurstalk and receive a FREE Air Filter (up to 12.99) with any Full Service Oil Change!

Don't forget, we'll top off your fluids and adjust your tire pressure for FREE up to 3,000 miles (5,000 miles with Synthetic Service)

Do ya'll vacuum the floorboards, too???:lol

remingtonbo2001
01-28-2010, 09:07 PM
Do ya'll vacuum the floorboards, too???:lol

Yes. :)

In addition, we offer our customers a free car wash coupon with each Full Service Oil Change.

z0sa
01-28-2010, 09:08 PM
Can you come to my house? I'm a SpursTalk member.

PakiDan
01-28-2010, 09:43 PM
No offense Bo, but I want to know just how much these damn oil changes cost???

remingtonbo2001
01-28-2010, 11:21 PM
No offense Bo, but I want to know just how much these damn oil changes cost???

Our Full Service Oil Change cost $36.99 (up to 5qt)

The cost is fair if you take into consideration the services that you are receiving and the simple fact that we will service your vehicle in a matter of minutes.

PakiDan
01-28-2010, 11:32 PM
Our Full Service Oil Change cost $36.99 (up to 5qt)

The cost is fair if you take into consideration the services that you are receiving and the simple fact that we will service your vehicle in a matter of minutes.

Ouch.... I pay $18.95 and am usually out in 15 minutes... I'll give you a shot though... just cause your Bo.... but that price picas.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-28-2010, 11:37 PM
You obviously run a solid business and look after your customers, Bo, all the best to you and angel. :toast

If I was in SA I'd give you a go! :lmao

PS $37 for an oil change seems pretty good - what does it include? Costs me $80 over here, and you can't get it much cheaper, although I could do it for the cost of the oil if I wasn't lazy. :lol

Wow - $17 for an oil change! I've never seen anything like that in Oz. :wow:

marini martini
01-29-2010, 12:28 AM
Ouch.... I pay $18.95 and am usually out in 15 minutes... I'll give you a shot though... just cause your Bo.... but that price picas.

WTH do you go Paki??? Pakistan???:wow

You obviously run a solid business and look after your customers, Bo, all the best to you and angel. :toast

If I was in SA I'd give you a go! :lmao

PS $37 for an oil change seems pretty good - what does it include? Costs me $80 over here, and you can't get it much cheaper, although I could do it for the cost of the oil if I wasn't lazy. :lol

Wow - $17 for an oil change! I've never seen anything like that in Oz. :wow:

That's what you get for not moving to SA town!!!:toast

phyzik
01-29-2010, 02:17 AM
Im sorry Bo, but I have known too many people that have been burned by service chains.

I have said some shit before in another thread that may have been too much but I still dont buy it. I will never take any of my cars to a service station except for maybe an inspection sticker. This is not directed at you, but assholes that run those rip-off artists should be shot for how they try and steal peoples money for bullshit. Seriously, I took my brad new 2009 Pontiac G8 GT and they wanted to charge me $180 for an oil change. I told them to fuck themselves and did it myself for less than half that price. Flushing an oil system on a 2009 car my fucking ass!

Chains are a ripoff and you know it.

remingtonbo2001
01-29-2010, 07:57 AM
Im sorry Bo, but I have known too many people that have been burned by service chains.

I have said some shit before in another thread that may have been too much but I still dont buy it. I will never take any of my cars to a service station except for maybe an inspection sticker. This is not directed at you, but assholes that run those rip-off artists should be shot for how they try and steal peoples money for bullshit. Seriously, I took my brad new 2009 Pontiac G8 GT and they wanted to charge me $180 for an oil change. I told them to fuck themselves and did it myself for less than half that price. Flushing an oil system on a 2009 car my fucking ass!

Chains are a ripoff and you know it.

I wouldn't consider Express Lube a chain, with regard that it's family owned and operated. It's very easy to get in contact with the ownership if you have any complaints, or as I would hope, compliments.

It's not franchised, like Jiffey Lube. Express Lube is not a National Franchise. However, they have received a National Award for their exellency in their profession.

I'm curious as to why your vehicle needed an Engine Flush. Even if you're using a Full Sythetic, the price shouldn't come close to that. As well, if your using a Full Sythetic, then a flush isn't a neccisity, as their are degerts which are continually cleaninig your engine.

Anyways, I'm sorry you had a bad experierence. At whatever point you need your vehicle inspected, come by and we'd be more than happy to provide that service for you in a timely manner.

I hope at some point, you would consider us. However, I understand your perspective.

And Paki, what kind of oil are they using in your vehicle? Is it recycled oil?

I. Hustle
01-29-2010, 10:58 AM
Yo BO. Both vehicles are in need of an oil change. Do you know a good brake place too? I don't want to get burned and to be honest don't want to do it myself.

fatsack
01-29-2010, 04:08 PM
I'll see you this weekend, bo.

remingtonbo2001
01-29-2010, 09:29 PM
Yo BO. Both vehicles are in need of an oil change. Do you know a good brake place too? I don't want to get burned and to be honest don't want to do it myself.

Stop by this weekend and I'll see what we can work out.

We do service brakes on most vehicles at our location.

I'll see you this weekend, bo.

Sweet. Be sure to mention Spurstalk.

remingtonbo2001
01-30-2010, 01:04 PM
Bump!

Come on by. We're located on Nacogdoches between Thousand Oaks and O'Conner, right next door to UHAUL.

DannyT
01-30-2010, 03:42 PM
I went to the Express Lube location at Broadway and 410 a couple weeks ago and paid 81 dollars for an oil change with regular oil and wiper blades....I didnt say shit but just made a mental note that I prolly wont be going back there again. They did vaccum my floors, smear my windows, fill my washer fluid, check tire pressure, and lube me up but still 80 bucks for some wipers and oil? :bang

remingtonbo2001
01-30-2010, 04:25 PM
I went to the Express Lube location at Broadway and 410 a couple weeks ago and paid 81 dollars for an oil change with regular oil and wiper blades....I didnt say shit but just made a mental note that I prolly wont be going back there again. They did vaccum my floors, smear my windows, fill my washer fluid, check tire pressure, and lube me up but still 80 bucks for some wipers and oil? :bang

Hmm... What type of vehicle? What type of wiper blades? Next time come and see me.

DannyT
01-30-2010, 04:39 PM
03 galant, regular oil, blades, and air. you guys have special air for the tires too? I thought about you while i was there but it was out of my way maybe next time

remingtonbo2001
02-01-2010, 11:47 AM
03 galant, regular oil, blades, and air. you guys have special air for the tires too? I thought about you while i was there but it was out of my way maybe next time

yes, we do offer a nitrogen service for the tires.

Spurstro
02-17-2010, 10:03 AM

Bo, is this offer still on the table?

Are you still at that location? Thought I read somewhere you got promoted.

angel_luv
02-17-2010, 12:09 PM
Bo, is this offer still on the table?

Are you still at that location? Thought I read somewhere you got promoted.

Bo still is the manager at that location. He does that in addition to the new work he is doing.

Bo is at the shop all day on Monday, Friday, and Saturday. He said to try to come in one of those days if possible and mention Spurstalk when you do.

Bo closes the shop every night so he is there from 5-7, if that is a more convenient time for you to come in.

Spurstro
02-17-2010, 12:11 PM
Thanks...I'll go by around 11:45 on Friday.

angel_luv
02-17-2010, 12:15 PM
Thanks...I'll go by around 11:45 on Friday.

You're welcome. :)
I'll let Bo know.