PDA

View Full Version : Help Wanted: Share your tips for archiving Spurs games through Broadband and more

draft87
01-25-2010, 01:49 AM
Hi guys,
I just moved overseas and have to find new yet efficient ways to archive Spurs games. Are you a League Pass Broadband member that records games for personal use? If so, would you please share your method?

I used to copy the games from my DVR onto DVD. I can't do that now, and to make matters worse, I have to use NBA Intl LPBB, which stores games for only 48 hours before permanently deleting them.

I'm seeking advice from people who use NBA League Pass Broadband AND NBA International League Pass Broadband AND have successfully archived games from either service.
-I read that USA NBA League Pass Broadband stores games on their site, but since the version I'm using-International LPBB- does not, I'm wondering if anyone has been able to download the games to their hard drive, or burnt a copy of the stream to a DVD.

I also am hoping there's someone who has recorded these games:

Tues 1/12 vs Lakers(+pregame/postgame?)
Fri 1/15 @ Charlotte
Sat 1/16 @ Memphis
Mon 1/18 @ New Orleans
Wed 1/20 vs Utah
Fri 1/22 vs Houston

and of course, if I can't solve my problem before any of the upcoming games I'll be wishing I can find someone who has copies of them as well(Chicago, Atlanta, Memphis, Denver)

If you have the aforementioned games recorded on DVD or other medium, would you be willing to help me get a copy? I obviously will take care of the cost of materials, shipment, and compensation for your time. I appreciate any help!

Just so you know why I'm asking for such generosity, some of you already know but I will say it again that I avidly archive all Spurs games that I have access to. Being overseas has me a bit frazzled about how hard it is to get these games recorded. Anyone who is kind enough to help out, consider yourself owed a favor by me.

Thanks again!

Toni61
01-25-2010, 02:13 AM
Hello, I am your Man !

I have all Spurs games from this Season and all 82 Games + Playoffs from the 07 & 08 Season on HDD.

I have over 800 Spurs games on DVD :-)

I have the ILP and I share the games in the full Stream to HDD.

Is anybody there who collect Spurs games, too?

Man In Black
01-25-2010, 04:03 AM
The MIB has an old-skool library of VHS tapes starting in the 02-03 season. Is it organized and cataloged? Nope, but they're there until I move them to DVD(Whose really got time for that? Now I take them off the Dish Network DVR and use my Sony VRD-MC5 to burn to DVD. It works great 80% of the time. Coasters happen from time to time during the finalizing process.

Toni61
01-25-2010, 04:35 AM
@draft 87

I will send you an PM with all Programms you need.

It is very easy from ILP to DVD

Bulwark
01-25-2010, 08:44 AM
@draft 87

Could you PM me as well with the info?

Thank you.

TinTin
01-25-2010, 09:32 AM
Is this legal? Otherwise couldn't the roots get in trouble?

spursncowboys
01-25-2010, 09:49 AM
Could you PM me as well with the info?

Thank you.
Me too please?

Toni61
01-25-2010, 11:01 AM

You save some the Stream wich is on your PC.

When you not sell the games I would say its legal.

thispego
01-25-2010, 12:24 PM
Pretty sure it's illegal. Do any of you have express, written consent from the nba to copy or rebroadcast these games?

Spurs games... What a weird thing to collect. Even the losses?

spurster
01-25-2010, 01:04 PM
It's legal to copy broadcasts for your own personal use.

spurtilldeath
01-25-2010, 01:34 PM

Could you PM as well please.

SsKSpurs21
01-25-2010, 07:31 PM
maybe we should ask that welmaker guy. hes just sitting around collecting checks. put him to work!

exstatic
01-25-2010, 07:48 PM
maybe we should ask that welmaker guy. hes just sitting around collecting checks. put him to work!

Welmaker isn't sponsoring this year, so he didn't get to read the disclaimer. It's Wayne Wright attorneys, and his brother reads it.

Not lecturing, but this is illegal. Listen to the NBA disclaimer, or read the FBI warning on anything. You don't have to profit.

draft87
01-25-2010, 08:19 PM
Hello, I am your Man !

I have all Spurs games from this Season and all 82 Games + Playoffs from the 07 & 08 Season on HDD.

I have over 800 Spurs games on DVD :-)

I have the ILP and I share the games in the full Stream to HDD.

Is anybody there who collect Spurs games, too?

The MIB has an old-skool library of VHS tapes starting in the 02-03 season. Is it organized and cataloged? Nope, but they're there until I move them to DVD(Whose really got time for that? Now I take them off the Dish Network DVR and use my Sony VRD-MC5 to burn to DVD. It works great 80% of the time. Coasters happen from time to time during the finalizing process.

@draft 87

Pretty sure it's illegal. Do any of you have express, written consent from the nba to copy or rebroadcast these games?

Spurs games... What a weird thing to collect. Even the losses?

It's legal to copy broadcasts for your own personal use.

Welmaker isn't sponsoring this year, so he didn't get to read the disclaimer. It's Wayne Wright attorneys, and his brother reads it.

Not lecturing, but this is illegal. Listen to the NBA disclaimer, or read the FBI warning on anything. You don't have to profit.

Thanks for the great info! I'm working on it as we speak(so to speak, yes i just speak three times)
---------------------------------------
Yes, I collect the losses too. Sometimes they're interesting to look back at especially when the season turns around or "X" mistake gets fixed. Watching the losses makes for a greater appreciation of the progress the Spurs usually make.

Sometimes the collection makes for a good chance to see a player from the other team. Like, "hey I want to take a peak at the 07-08 opening night and see how close that Blazers game really was. I think I remember Webster or Outlaw lighting it up...."

And obviously there's the occasional amazing game that I just can't risk not having forever. Or simply to archive all of Manu's moves, the fun never ends.

regarding the legal stuff- I'm pretty sure it's illegal too but so is putting footage on youtube. The NBA only seems to give a shit when it's the Malice at the Palace or the 2002 Western Conference Finals.
And the way I see it is, I spend a lot of my hard earned money on the NBA and Spurs every year, but it's still nothing compared to the amount that the NBA DOES NOT want to spend taking me to court since I don't distribute or profit or whatever. Any judge would look at this like a kid burning a CD for personal use---WASTE OF TIME. Besides, musicians actually lose money from music pirating but the NBA has no legitimate gripe considering the current CBA.

I'm not saying we should all try to get in trouble. By all means, if any one of us gets "pinched" they should let the rest know. I'm just saying that legally and morally I have no qualms with recording games for my personal use.

Kori Ellis
01-25-2010, 08:36 PM
regarding the legal stuff- I'm pretty sure it's illegal too but so is putting footage on youtube.

No, it's not -- the league has an agreement with YouTube that they entered into a couple years back.

Anyway, recording games, selling them to each other, etc is definitely against copyright law without the written consent of the NBA.

And these types of threads shouldn't be on the forum, so please refrain from them in the future. Thanks.