PDA

View Full Version : Health Ins co profits secure, lets go after gas hikes!!

Fabbs
01-25-2010, 09:01 AM
Repugs!,

With the jovial Mass win comes the hope that health ins co's profits will continue to gouge for many more years. But lets not rest. Remember what was just a few short years ago when Exxon and our oil bois had record breaking profits and the US consumer paid 5 buck plus per gallon?

Lets win this back!!
Lets get gas back to 5-6 bucks a gallon!
Lets help our oil company friends!

We may not have George Bush anymore, but dadgummit lets have more tea bag parties and this time make it for our oil bois!

coyotes_geek
01-25-2010, 09:16 AM
:wakeup

boutons_deux
01-25-2010, 10:20 AM
Raping citizens is what corporate "persons" do every day.

Wild Cobra
01-25-2010, 11:10 AM
Is this going to be another libtarded thread?

TeyshaBlue
01-25-2010, 11:31 AM
Is this a thread? I can't see for all the straw.

DarrinS
01-25-2010, 11:35 AM
This guy agrees with the OP.

http://www.the-two-malcontents.com/wp-content/uploads/chavez-parrot.jpg

boutons_deux
01-25-2010, 11:40 AM
righties defending the for-extortionate-profit health insurers, oilcos, banksters, ANY mega-corp.

Just more proof that they are ALWAYS wrong.

jack sommerset
01-25-2010, 11:47 AM
My sister is a FAR lefty. She said the repugs caused the gas to drop because they wanted McCain to win but after Obama won it kept going down. LOL Far left loons.

Drill NOW!

EmptyMan
01-25-2010, 12:35 PM
Looking forward to it.

Nothing like seeing the country suddenly quit caring about the endangered water beaked cockatoo and demand we tap our own resources.

boutons_deux
01-25-2010, 12:51 PM
I contribute facts, while you contribue Repug/corp bullshit

"Towers Perrin, medical malpractice tort costs were $30.4 billion in 2007, the last year for which data are available. We have a more than a $2 trillion health care system. That puts litigation costs and malpractice insurance at 1 to 1.5 percent of total medical costs. That’s a rounding error. Liability isn’t even the tail on the cost dog. It’s the hair on the end of the tail."

http://prescriptions.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/08/31/would-tort-reform-lower-health-care-costs/

then figure that maybe 10% of the 1.5% is fraud/frivolous, and us smart people see right through the tort reform bullshit as nothing but corporate bullshit.

Fabbs
01-25-2010, 01:38 PM
Is this going to be another libtarded thread?
Is this another chicken weighing in or rather running off?
bok bok bok bok ba-GAWK!

Fabbs
01-28-2010, 02:54 PM
bok bok bok bok ba-GAWK.

Come on Repugs! Show some teabag enthusiasm for returning Exxons profits and getting the consumer to pay $5+ a gallon.

DarrinS
01-28-2010, 02:59 PM
bok bok bok bok ba-GAWK.

Come on Repugs! Show some teabag enthusiasm for returning Exxons profits and getting the consumer to pay $5+ a gallon.

How much is a gallon of gas in Europe?

And why is that?

/thread

Fabbs
01-28-2010, 03:16 PM
How much is a gallon of gas in Europe?

And why is that?

/thread
stoopid 'Pug evasive response.
How much is a gallon of gas in Venezuala?
And why is that?

TeyshaBlue
01-28-2010, 03:35 PM
stoopid 'Pug evasive response.
How much is a gallon of gas in Venezuala?
And why is that?

What's your point, assuming you have one? Your OP is so fucking flawed it defies rational debate. So, what is your point?

Marcus Bryant
01-28-2010, 03:46 PM
righties defending the for-extortionate-profit health insurers, oilcos, banksters, ANY mega-corp.

Just more proof that they are ALWAYS wrong.

That's rather amusing considering that it was the left-wing party which has attempted, and is still attempting, to force the working and middle classes of this country to hand over a significant part of their income and/or savings to "for-extortionate-profit health insurers."

Get back in your cage.

Marcus Bryant
01-28-2010, 03:48 PM
Not to mention that the Dems are in bed with Wall Street as much as the GOP ever was. Only the retarded believe there is some stark difference. Maybe those who jack off when they're reading something by Thomas Frank or Paul Krugman (the NYT years) believe it.

Winehole23
01-28-2010, 03:53 PM
a much favored theme of ribaldry (http://dictionary.die.net/ribaldry) in these pages

Marcus Bryant
01-28-2010, 03:59 PM
My sister is a FAR lefty. She said the repugs caused the gas to drop because they wanted McCain to win but after Obama won it kept going down. LOL Far left loons.

Drill NOW!

You want to drill your sister "NOW"? I think that's illegal in most states, save for Arkansas and Alabama.

DarrinS
01-28-2010, 04:46 PM
Not to mention that the Dems are in bed with Wall Street as much as the GOP ever was. Only the retarded believe there is some stark difference. Maybe those who jack off when they're reading something by Thomas Frank or Paul Krugman (the NYT years) believe it.

:lmao

The only person who jacks off when they read Krugman is probably Krugman.

Winehole23
01-28-2010, 05:04 PM
It's odd to me that anyone would have any knowledge or curiosity about that at all, let alone such breezy risibility and giddiness, but oh well. It's a free country.

NSA
01-28-2010, 05:07 PM
010100101011101010 jack 010101111 off

boutons_deux
01-28-2010, 05:56 PM
"to force the working and middle classes of this country to hand over a significant part of their income and/or savings to "for-extortionate-profit health insurers." "

That gouging is already happening, and will continue to worsen, without a strong public option, which the Repugs and DINOs forced out.

Take it up with them, not me.

boutons_deux
01-28-2010, 05:59 PM
"How much is a gallon of gas in Europe?"

$7 - $9, almost all of it in tax.

Europe had the responsible adults running the show, rather than their oilcos, to prevent Europe from becoming as badly addicted to oil as US is and to force people into public transport and highly efficient, 4-cyl cars.

Europe has gotten break in oil price due to the weak $, but of course they may someday swing the other way.

DarrinS
01-28-2010, 06:04 PM
"How much is a gallon of gas in Europe?"

$7 - $9, almost all of it in tax.

Europe had the responsible adults running the show, rather than their oilcos, to prevent Europe from becoming as badly addicted to oil as US is and to force people into public transport and highly efficient, 4-cyl cars.

So, lefty Euros have fewer choices and pay more for gas because "big brother" knows what's best?

F*ck that.

I'll take more freedom at lower cost/gallon.

boutons_deux
01-28-2010, 06:32 PM
European countries are democracies, they've repeatedly re-elected Big Brothers of left and right for decades, while leaving the gas taxes high.

Your "freedom" is fool's gold, fool. And I note that you aren't fighting in Iraq for your oil addiction.

Marcus Bryant
01-28-2010, 06:34 PM
And I note you aren't using mass transit.

Whoopdefuckingdo.

Marcus Bryant
01-28-2010, 06:39 PM
You dirty filthy Repug/darth cheney/oilco/dubya/chickenhawk lover...blah blah blah...blah blah....blah

TeyshaBlue
01-28-2010, 07:58 PM
You dirty filthy Repug/darth cheney/oilco/dubya/chickenhawk lover...blah blah blah...blah blah....blah

BushHaliburonKatrinaChimpNazi

Fabbs
02-03-2010, 06:57 PM

BushHaliburonKatrinaChimpNazi
C'mon 'Pugs! Gas actually went down this past couple weeks.
Lets get that teabag on and Praise Exxon!
Bring back the glory days with our beloved Bush!

Fabbs
07-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Okay Repugs it's been well over a year now.
We are not losing jobs at 750,000 per month!
Gas is no where near $5 a gallon.

Get off your asses and channel our beloved leader of 2000-2008.

Fabbs
09-17-2010, 10:49 AM
http://www.noatodo.org/files/2009/02/george-bush-monkey.jpg
C'mon you board Pugs, get your scheme on.
That gas price isn't going to raise itself.

DarrinS
09-17-2010, 10:57 AM
I love when attention whores bump their own ancient threads.

TeyshaBlue
09-17-2010, 10:59 AM
Okay Repugs it's been well over a year now.
We are not losing jobs at 750,000 per month!
Gas is no where near $5 a gallon.

Get off your asses and channel our beloved leader of 2000-2008.

What's your point, assuming you have one? Your OP is so fucking flawed it defies rational debate. So, what is your point?
:wakeup

CosmicCowboy
09-17-2010, 11:39 AM
So what is a reasonable profit for a health insurance company? 10%? Give me a number.

Winehole23
09-17-2010, 12:11 PM
I love when attention whores bump their own ancient threads.Turn it around on yourself, johnny one note. Posting multiple threads on the same topic on the first page is even worse.

CosmicCowboy
09-17-2010, 12:39 PM
So what is a reasonable profit for a health insurance company? 10%? Give me a number.

Well?

Wild Cobra
09-18-2010, 01:52 PM
Well?
You don't expect liberals to actually think about something they have passion about, do you?

Conservative... vote by thinking.

Liberal... vote by feeling.

boutons_deux
09-18-2010, 02:01 PM
Health insurers should be relegated to topping-up/complementary policies to cover what no-profit hard-core public option doesn't cover.

Health insurers are lying when they blame their above-average annual price hikes to health reform. They are using the health reform to hide their annual greedy grab.

They are getting millions more clients with taxpayer subsidies, and still they want more profits.

Like all the other huge fuckups in America, the health care sytem is beyond repair. The doctors and corps have too much power and will defeat any attempt on their greed.

WC, tell how the conservative tea baggers vote by thinking for, eg, ignorant hucksters like pitbull bitch and O'Dumbell. :lol

Wild Cobra
09-18-2010, 03:23 PM
If you liberals don't like going though the insurance middleman, then pay for your doctor visits directly.

Insurance is a choice. Not a right.

boutons_deux
09-18-2010, 03:44 PM
... skipping right past why Americans, with 50M uninsured, pay twice per capita for their medical care and drugs that other industrial countries.

Why do you "like' going through a gouging, for-profit middleman to get your health care?

Winehole23
09-18-2010, 06:52 PM
Insurance is a choice. Not a right.In case you hadn't noticed, it recently became an obligation.

ElNono
09-18-2010, 07:12 PM
If you liberals don't like going though the insurance middleman, then pay for your doctor visits directly.

Insurance is a choice. Not a right.

Give me the same subsidies and the same legislation that gave them the leverage Ins co have, and I won't have a problem paying out of pocket.

Until then, you're comparing orange to apples.

Wild Cobra
09-19-2010, 11:19 AM
In case you hadn't noticed, it recently became an obligation.
It will be shot down in the courts.

Wild Cobra
09-19-2010, 11:24 AM
Give me the same subsidies and the same legislation that gave them the leverage Ins co have, and I won't have a problem paying out of pocket.

Until then, you're comparing orange to apples.
Do you have an entitlement mentality?

Shame on you.

Insurance and medical care wouldn't be so expensive if we did things at the root level instead of these damn band-aid solutions. The root problems need fixed. People with insurance need to pay more in copays so they actually consider if they need to use the benefit or not. People with very small or no copays abuse the insurance intensively. This jacks up the costs for everyone. Regulations for medical providers need to be made in a more common sense fashion. Requirements add costs too. Lawsuits add extensive costs in various ways. We need some kind of fair tort reform that still allows accountability, but doesn't award people for getting hang nails.

Fabbs
11-04-2010, 12:26 AM
Repugs back in power!

In the name of that beloved leader W Bush can we now get that gas back above $5 a gallon? Yee Haw!

Wild Cobra
11-04-2010, 12:31 AM
Repugs back in power!

In the name of that beloved leader W Bush can we now get that gas back above $5 a gallon? Yee Haw!
Haven't you been watching? It's been slowly going up for some time. With today's $600,000,000,000 infusion from the fed, I'll bet they take another nice jump in price soon.

Fabbs
11-04-2010, 01:01 AM
Haven't you been watching? My leaders will make sure it takes another nice jump in price soon.
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:_oyLTm950BLLqM:http://http://current.com/http://doctorbulldog.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/8130george-w-bush-monkey-posters.jpg&t=1

http://66.70.86.64/ChartServer/ch.gaschart?Country=Canada&Crude=f&Period=36&Areas=USA%20Average,,&Unit=US%20$/G

boutons_deux
11-04-2010, 07:09 AM
It seems the that oil country Sovereign funds are giving money to Wall St commodity traders to trade up the price of oil, makeing $Bs for the traders and the oil countries.

When dubya and dickhead oilmen came into office, oil was $35/barrel. Price when he left office? Causality?

DarrinS
11-04-2010, 07:39 AM
LOL @ attention whores bumping their own ancient bullshit.

Fabbs
11-04-2010, 09:34 AM
I have nothing to say to refute the oil and gas prices when Bush was in so i just repeat my own continuous ancient bullshit.

BlairForceDejuan
11-04-2010, 09:39 AM
This guy agrees with the OP.

http://www.the-two-malcontents.com/wp-content/uploads/chavez-parrot.jpg

Weeeeeeeeak. Putin would have had a Condor sitting on his shoulder.

DarrinS
11-04-2010, 09:47 AM
I'm an attention whore.