PDA

View Full Version : Why the hate for Favre?

JudynTX
01-25-2010, 09:13 AM
I just don't get it.:huh

lefty
01-25-2010, 09:17 AM
Great QB, but.......

Huge ego, attention whore

picc84
01-25-2010, 10:43 AM
Not enough bandwidth or time.

eyeh8u
01-25-2010, 11:19 AM
he is on steroids

JudynTX
01-25-2010, 11:36 AM
Not enough bandwidth or time.

In other words, you can't come up with a reason.

Thunder Dan
01-25-2010, 11:45 AM
I hope he breaks his legs. He sucks. The media suck his dick and he isn't anything great. One Super Bowl, and a bunch of records just because he played for 20 years.

Dex
01-25-2010, 11:48 AM
Should've quit the first time. I'm already not looking forward to the next round of "Will Favre retire?"

JudynTX
01-25-2010, 11:48 AM
I hope he breaks his legs. He sucks. The media suck his dick and he isn't anything great. One Super Bowl, and a bunch of records just because he played for 20 years.

He won a Super Bowl and he sucks?

samikeyp
01-25-2010, 12:03 PM
Hate? no.

Annoyance over his diva-tude about retirement then, un-retirement...yes.

Thunder Dan
01-25-2010, 12:04 PM
He won a Super Bowl and he sucks?

BFD, Trent Dilfer won one too

The Gemini Method
01-25-2010, 12:28 PM
I don't hate Brett Favre, I think the constant media hulabaloo that follows his annual will he/won't he makes it more untolerable. The guy is a warrior and many lesser quarterbacks would've sat down after getting hit time after time. He's a sure Hall of Famer and for that he is appreciated. Just let him be until the pre-season starts and then see if he's coming back.

JudynTX
01-25-2010, 12:38 PM
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2008/writers/don_banks/12/19/one-seeds/trent-dilfer.jpg

HELLO I AM TRENT DILFER

BFD, Trent Dilfer won one too

:lol

I don't hate Brett Favre, I think the constant media hulabaloo that follows his annual will he/won't he makes it more untolerable. The guy is a warrior and many lesser quarterbacks would've sat down after getting hit time after time. He's a sure Hall of Famer and for that he is appreciated. Just let him be until the pre-season starts and then see if he's coming back.

Well said. :tu

dirk4mvp
01-25-2010, 01:02 PM
I don't hate him, but he makes it easy for people to. That last pass was one of the worst in some time.

Oh, Gee!!
01-25-2010, 01:34 PM
cuz he took a cheap shot against the Cowboys last week.

The Gemini Method
01-25-2010, 01:43 PM

That makes him more of an hero in my book...

jacobdrj
01-25-2010, 01:56 PM
Wishy Washy Drama Queen.

But he is a great football player. But such a sensitive guy. I am sure the girls love him...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-25-2010, 01:57 PM
I couldn't stand the guy, but I really don't care about the interception, after willing himself to stay in the game playing through all of those hits and injuries, I respect the hell out of him. My guess is when I'm 40 I'd be dead by halftime taking those kind of hits.

Fabbs
01-25-2010, 02:01 PM
I don't hate him, but he makes it easy for people to. That last pass was one of the worst in some time.
which is worse
The bad pass, or the 12 men on the field penalty that preceded it?

Last time the MN Viks were in an NFC Championship game tied up with under a minute to play and a 50 yd fg attempt to 'Bowl? If Favre sucks, what do the previous Vik qbs do?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-25-2010, 03:00 PM
That pass was horrible but Minnesota needed yards because someone (obviously not Favre) shouldn't have been in the huddle. Even before that penalty they had a 50+ yard FG and would have preferred to get closer, with the penalty getting yards was an absolute must. You can say Favre should have run but keep in mind his legs must have felt like jelly. Throwing across your body is something high school QB's are told not to do, but running backs are also told to make sure they have the ball secured before they start running, if AP remembered that then the game winning field goal they couldn't set up at the end of regulation would have been set up at the end of the first half.

SpuronyourFace
01-25-2010, 03:24 PM
I don't hate Brett Farve. I actually hope he comes back for one more rodeo.

Can't hate the man for the media circus that the media creates

JudynTX
01-25-2010, 03:44 PM
I have a feeling he'll be back next year.

Greg Oden
01-25-2010, 03:46 PM
Why don't you tell your sorry ass team to pick him up and let a team that would appreciate McNabb have him then?

J.T.
01-25-2010, 03:53 PM
He needs to retire so Manning can take over all of his records.

eyeh8u
01-25-2010, 04:08 PM

except for interceptions

florige
01-25-2010, 04:24 PM
Great QB, but.......

Huge ego, attention whore

^^^What he said^^^

mexicanjunior
01-25-2010, 05:20 PM

This...

I wished for nothing but failure for Favre and, thankfully, I was rewarded...

bostonguy
01-25-2010, 05:28 PM
That pass was horrible but Minnesota needed yards because someone (obviously not Favre) shouldn't have been in the huddle. Even before that penalty they had a 50+ yard FG and would have preferred to get closer, with the penalty getting yards was an absolute must.
You can also blame Childress for his pussy conservative coaching once they got to the NO 35. He ran it twice which was stupid. Run it once if anything, but the passing game was on a roll that drive that they should have stuck with it and pick up another 15-25 yards.

Fabbs
01-25-2010, 05:51 PM
You can also blame Childress for his pussy conservative coaching once they got to the NO 35. He ran it twice which was stupid. Run it once if anything, but the passing game was on a roll that drive that they should have stuck with it and pick up another 15-25 yards.
Agree, that was Marty Shottenheimer all the way.
They really only needed about 5 yards to make the fg much more makeable. But yes, the way Favre and the passing game was rolling, could have certainly made one-two completions for the chip shot 25-30 yarder.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-25-2010, 06:50 PM

Earlier in the drive he got his team in a 3rd and long with that pussy play calling too and got bailed out by the passing game. Favre wouldn't have had to force that if given more than 1 chance to get the extra distance.

crc21209
01-25-2010, 06:50 PM

Wow...suck him off. :lol

crc21209
01-25-2010, 06:51 PM

Because the guy needs to make a decision on whether he wants to retire or not instead of retiring and coming back and retiring and coming back...it's getting embarrasing...

J.T.
01-25-2010, 07:09 PM
Wow...suck him off. :lol

You're just mad the Pats can't cheat anymore.

Udokafan05
01-25-2010, 09:48 PM
He's earned the right to take his time to make a decision. He doesn't want the media circus that follows, but ESPN won't let it go. I hope he comes back next year.

Obstructed_View
01-26-2010, 02:30 AM
Uh, if I were a Vikings fan I could come up with at least one big reason to hate him. If I were a Jets fan, I could come up with a number of reasons to hate him. If I were a Packers fan I could come up with a number of reasons to hate him. If I were someone who watched ESPN during the last four or five NFL postseasons, offseasons, and preseasons I could come up with a number of reasons to hate him.

He's an amazing QB, he's the toughest motherfucker I've ever seen, he's really smart with (most of) his passes, but there are plenty of reasons for people to dislike him.

symple19
01-26-2010, 04:58 AM
There are two Bretts.

1. Offseason Brett: Drags us through an endless saga of bullshit. Tiresome, yet also largely a creation of the media

2. Football Brett: One of the most prolific, gutsy, and exciting players to ever play the game. Has always played with an unabashed enthusiasm that is unmistakably his own. A Super Bowl winner, and owner of an iron man streak of 309 consecutive starts. For context, Peyton Manning (a great QB in his own right) has 192 consecutive starts.

He's an all time great. You may hate his last few years of over-hyped, drama filled antics, but the fact remains (IMO) that he'll probably go down as one of the legends/HOFers alongside guys like Marino/Montana/Elway, among others.

I hope he comes back next year. He signed a two year deal and the Vikes will have enough left for another run. Then he can finally hang them up, without the sports networks and TMZ hanging on his every move.

JudynTX
01-26-2010, 10:34 AM
Because the guy needs to make a decision on whether he wants to retire or not instead of retiring and coming back and retiring and coming back...it's getting embarrasing...

Embarrasing for you or him? Would you have this much hate if Romo kept coming out of retirement? :rolleyes

Bigzax
01-26-2010, 12:49 PM
I'll always remember his last win fondly.

One More Year Brett...One more year...:tu

johngateswhiteley
01-26-2010, 08:23 PM

because most people on here don't get it. they either aren't competitive athletes or they don't have that type of mentality. its hard for any great to walk away from the game, especially when he can, clearly, still play at a high level.

exstatic
01-27-2010, 01:42 AM

You're a woman. To you, there's NOTHING wrong with indecision and changing your mind. Apparently, under all of the football pads and uniform, so is Brett Favre.

I just wish he would issue a "no comment" until he actually makes up his mind. Stop saying you're retired Brett, and then maybe not, and then yes you're really retiring, and then suddenly, you're in training camp.

I'm tired of Brett Favre being the ongoing soap opera of the NFL offseason for the last few years much the same way I was tired of steroid boy Roger Clemens pulling the same shit in baseball every year. Didn't mommy give either one of you enough attention? Fucking whores.

exstatic
01-27-2010, 01:53 AM
He's an all time great. You may hate his last few years of over-hyped, drama filled antics, but the fact remains (IMO) that he'll probably go down as one of the legends/HOFers alongside guys like Marino/Montana/Elway, among others.
As far as I'm concerned, he's a CLEAR step below those guys. He won exactly one Superbowl, and threw truckloads of interceptions that likely cost his teams more trips to the big stage, two in the last three years come to mind.

I hope he comes back next year. He signed a two year deal and the Vikes will have enough left for another run. Then he can finally hang them up, without the sports networks and TMZ hanging on his every move.

I hope so too, so I can see someone ELSE smear his ass into the astroturf during the playoffs. This was honestly his last chance to win. Pat Williams is talking retirement. If that happens, the defense drops a clear notch or two. The rush isn't as good, because more guys will have to support the run defense.

symple19
01-28-2010, 03:10 AM
As far as I'm concerned, he's a CLEAR step below those guys. He won exactly one Superbowl, and threw truckloads of interceptions that likely cost his teams more trips to the big stage, two in the last three years come to mind.

A good argument. Thanks for not throwing all the old cliches around. Agree to disagree.

I hope so too, so I can see someone ELSE smear his ass into the astroturf during the playoffs. This was honestly his last chance to win. Pat Williams is talking retirement. If that happens, the defense drops a clear notch or two. The rush isn't as good, because more guys will have to support the run defense.

This part I don't understand (the hatred). As a Niner fan, I have every reason to fucking hate this guy. He derailed too many Niner playoff runs for me to ever love him. But I respect him, not for his offseason antics, but for what he's done on the field. There are a lot of statistical reasons to hate, like INTs, but going into hypotheticals(is that a word?) never earned(or lost) anyone a place beside the greats.

What I said rings true, IMO. Polarizing, prolific, and gutsy are the 3 words I will remember most about Brett when he's done. Sure-fire first ballot guy.

Exstatic, what do you think about Marino, or Kelly??? If I were to ask you about Brett, and none of the offseason stuff (Irrelevant BTW, IMO) had ever happened, then what would you say?

Agloco
01-29-2010, 01:01 PM
which is worse
The bad pass, or the 12 men on the field penalty that preceded it?

Last time the MN Viks were in an NFC Championship game tied up with under a minute to play and a 50 yd fg attempt to 'Bowl? If Favre sucks, what do the previous Vik qbs do?

Point being that you can always count on Farve to make that one boneheaded play that unceremoniously ends his teams season. Been doing it for years.

Exstatic summed it up nicely:

Duff McCartney
01-29-2010, 01:04 PM
I never liked Favre much before but after that game I respect the hell out of him, say what you will..that man put it all on the line for that game. He did everything and more that was asked of him...when dumbass Peterson and Harvin were fumbling the ball away Favre kept them in the game.

tony320
01-31-2010, 08:33 PM
we get much more concept on how a comparative analysis might be created between these two forms of exercises. In insanity schedule (http://www.insanityworkoutschedule.org/) workouts, 1 sports like a sportsman after completing the training. Such a tough look could be gained through these exercises.