PDA

View Full Version : Let Pop hear you....

intothechaos
01-25-2010, 01:04 PM
It would be nice during tonights game if the fan would chant and yell "we want Ian" or " we want Theo"....loud. Send a message to the sorry coach we have. Or we could booo but it would be unfair to Tim an Blair cause they're the nost valuable players on the team..... Just a thought.

lil'mo
01-25-2010, 01:05 PM
Yyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh ddddddddoooooooogggggg!

benefactor
01-25-2010, 01:12 PM
:lol

LOL@MavsFan
01-25-2010, 01:14 PM
Sorry coach huh? HAHA

intothechaos
01-25-2010, 01:18 PM
like I have said, Pop is a HOF coach but this year he has been out of his brain..... Really.

FromWayDowntown
01-25-2010, 01:21 PM
What if I don't agree with any of those things?

What should I chant, scream, yell, or use to send my message?

intothechaos
01-25-2010, 01:21 PM
Chant ''Fire Pop''

that too...

intothechaos
01-25-2010, 01:27 PM

well it's your decision, but at least he'll hear it if your screaming inside the ATT center instead of screaming it fromwaydowntown..... :)

Fabbs
01-25-2010, 01:30 PM

Chant "I condone mediocrity" while wearing a "Pop Rules" shirt. :rollin

Fabbs
01-25-2010, 01:31 PM
It would be nice during tonights game if the fan would chant and yell "we want Ian" or " we want Theo"....loud. Send a message to the sorry coach we have. Or we could booo but it would be unfair to Tim an Blair cause they're the nost valuable players on the team..... Just a thought.
beautiful peaceful activism. :toast

intothechaos
01-25-2010, 01:34 PM
beautiful peaceful activism. :toast

I'll drink to that.... :toast

FromWayDowntown
01-25-2010, 01:36 PM

How about: Play some defense.

I'm not sure that insisting upon Ian Mahinmi or Theo Ratliff is somehow any different than condoning mediocrity. In fact, I suspect that making that case would actually be insisting upon failure.

Bender
01-25-2010, 01:36 PM
would it be "We want EE-AN" or "We want YON" ?

I've never heard his name pronounced.

intothechaos
01-25-2010, 01:43 PM
The point with those two is that they at least try for the block and they make players change shots. I don't understand why the bigs we currently play think that they are gonna get the block or change a shot by standing with their arms held high. Like they're waiting for a high five or something. These 2 won't be stuck in quicksand like bonner.

ElNono
01-25-2010, 01:44 PM

That would work... :tu

jermaine
01-25-2010, 01:46 PM
Yall know Pop is gonna put Bonner on Tyrus Thomas an play 1on1! Lol while Duncan have to battle with young Noah & Thomas for rebounds so get ready for it!

intothechaos
01-25-2010, 01:46 PM
would it be "We want EE-AN" or "We want YON" ?

I've never heard his name pronounced.

pronounced " YON"....

suitedkings
01-25-2010, 01:50 PM
This always sounds like a good idea, but you are asking the laziest fans to do something. It ain't gonna happen.

intothechaos
01-25-2010, 01:59 PM
Yall know Pop is gonna put Bonner on Tyrus Thomas an play 1on1! Lol while Duncan have to battle with young Noah & Thomas for rebounds so get ready for it!

This is why I feel SO bad for Tim...... Our "off-his-rocker" coach can obviously see this yet he chooses not to give Tim the inside help and presence we need.... So so sad.

Fabbs
01-25-2010, 02:10 PM

I'm not sure that insisting upon Ian Mahinmi or Theo Ratliff is somehow any different than condoning mediocrity. In fact, I suspect that making that case would actually be insisting upon failure.
Saddest part is we'll never know if we continue to accept the mediocrity that is Pops chosen PF lineup of Mrs. Finleyovich, Bonner, softJefferson, overmatchedGNob, Tony Parker, etc etc.

timvp
01-25-2010, 02:12 PM
:lol @ thinking the Spurs problems right now are related to the minutes Ratliff and Mahinmi are or aren't getting.

Fabbs
01-25-2010, 02:15 PM
:lol @ thinking the Spurs problems right now are related to the minutes Ratliff and Mahinmi are or aren't getting.
double :lmao :lmao at those satisfied with the current PF Popped lineup and think it does not contribute to the Spurs problems.

I. Hustle
01-25-2010, 02:15 PM
Maybe we should chant SHUT THE EFF UP...Intothechaos... you suck your mom's cawk...

It has a catchy ring to it.

TwelveGs210
01-25-2010, 02:16 PM
lol @ that too, typical sports fans scrambling to find any reason to diagnose under-achieving.

intothechaos
01-25-2010, 02:17 PM
Defense is the most problem... So it's obvious that having an inside presence is a must. Remember when ratliff had that block dunk attempt against sacramento at the final buzzer? I do. Pop doesn't.

TimDunkem
01-25-2010, 02:22 PM
Ratliff gets a block every time he gets into the game, but he can be reckless and get himself injured, so it's easy to understand why Pop won't play him more...Mahinmi on the other hand is a different story. If he would've played last year, why can't he play now? A real big is better than Manu, Jefferson, or Finley rotation at the PF spot.

intothechaos
01-25-2010, 02:22 PM
wow hustle...... Very mature.... Your choice of words must mean that's what you like doing. You have issues. But then again punks like you are like that.

TwelveGs210
01-25-2010, 02:27 PM
I agree with Ratliff producing when he gets in, but i would rather play Ian and determine which of those two would be more deserving of some playoff minutes, if we make it in. With the majority of the rest of the season being against over .500 teams, thats not a given anymore.

FromWayDowntown
01-25-2010, 02:33 PM
Defense is the most problem... So it's obvious that having an inside presence is a must. Remember when ratliff had that block dunk attempt against sacramento at the final buzzer? I do. Pop doesn't.

I'm not sure that you've spotted a 1-to-1 correlation. If the Spurs had played Ratliff at the end of the game against Houston, I'm not sure exactly who you'd have expected him to defend when the Rockets went small -- or who you'd have had Duncan defend in the alternative. And the thought that the Rockets would have been forced to match with bigs had Pop played either Mahinmi or Ratliff at that juncture strikes me as wishful thinking. Short of the Spurs resurrecting David Robinson, there wasn't much that was going to force Adelman out of his smallball approach. In that situation, I suspect that throwing Ratliff or Mahinmi on the floor would have only made things worse.

intothechaos
01-25-2010, 02:34 PM
Ratliff gets a block every time he gets into the game, but he can be reckless and get himself injured, so it's easy to understand why Pop won't play him more...Mahinmi on the other hand is a different story. If he would've played last year, why can't he play now? A real big is better than Manu, Jefferson, or Finley rotation at the PF spot.

true that, he can be reckless....but like you said he always gets blocks or changes a shot.... But then again so did Zo.. He played with intensity. We need someone like Zo Mourning. And yeah Ian should be given a chance. The new jersey game should have been a sign that he should.

I. Hustle
01-25-2010, 02:50 PM
wow hustle...... Very mature.... Your choice of words must mean that's what you like doing. You have issues. But then again punks like you are like that.

:lmao:lol:lmao

Good luck with your cheer! :lol

DAF86
01-25-2010, 02:59 PM

I doubt the defensive problems are because of a lack of effort from the team, I think is a problem of personal, Ian and/or Theo could maybe fix that. I say give it a try, we couldn't do much worse than now.

hsxvvd
01-25-2010, 06:31 PM
Given the last post game comments from Timmy and Pop, maybe everybody should be very quiet on defence and allow them to concentrate.

Chieflion
01-25-2010, 06:35 PM
Cool, someone go to the game and keep screaming about defense like "Where the heck is the defense, are the Spurs at practice? Cause this looks like a layup drill."

GrandeDavid
01-25-2010, 06:42 PM

Fans ought to yell "We want a miracle...I mean...a win tonight!"

timaios
01-25-2010, 07:33 PM
Each time Pop goes to small ball...

Everyone shout :

"Fuck You Small Ball !!!"

spurtilldeath
01-25-2010, 07:48 PM
How abt a simple "Go SPurs Go" when the team needs support and motivation.

My Fault
01-25-2010, 08:34 PM
:lol @ those who really yelling anything at a game will help any. I mean think about it, will a small group (at most) of fans chanting anything really matter to Pop or the front office after everything they accomplished over the last decade? Go head let it soak in...

poop
01-25-2010, 08:38 PM

hahaha! yes. if Pop decided to bench tim, tony and manu the rest of the season the Popologists would still turn up their snobby noses and defend the decision and deride those 'petty simpletons' who would dare question a decison of their infallible Mr. 4 Rings.

elbamba
01-25-2010, 08:41 PM

Respectfully disagree, I do not see how Ian would be any worse then a rotation that consists of Dice, Bonner and Boggans. He could not be any worse than any of these players are playing right now.

spurs_philippines
01-25-2010, 11:03 PM
we are doomed

Fabbs
01-26-2010, 05:39 PM
anybody able to get some "we want Ian" or "we want Theo"s in during the Bulls smackdown of 'Popped?