Pf Blair
C. Duncan
Bench
Pg.Hill or Mason
sg Manu
Sf Bogans or Mason
Pf Dice
C. Ratt on Ian.
Pop gets his smallball & still some bigs coming off the bench. Bonner I know in the starting line up, that's just cuz Pop gotta stick him in there somewhere so sf for his shooting an lenth. What you guy think of that? Be nice!

SpursWench21
01-25-2010, 01:58 PM
we would get slaughtered at the starting 2 or 3 or both if we had that starting line up. Whichever player jeff guards... the other wing would ball on bonn donkey all day.

MaNu4Tres
01-25-2010, 02:02 PM
Jermaine is raising the bar.

intothechaos
01-25-2010, 02:03 PM
take bonner out and the overall rating will skyrocket....

TimDunkem
01-25-2010, 02:14 PM
There's nothing wrong with this thread.

That lineup on the other hand....

Jermaine, I've had good results with this lineup:

Parker
Mason
Jefferson
Blair
Duncan

Manu
Hill
McDyess
Hairston
Bonner
Mahinmi
Bogans

Hairston, Bonner, and Mahinmi provide a good bit of energy coming deep off the bench when everyone else gets tired.

jermaine
01-25-2010, 02:22 PM

Its better than a trade thread or a Camby thread! This is strickly for shits & kicks! I'm tired of all the same lame tired trade talk or bashing Pop for smallball. If you think it sucks do what everyone else do that view an not reply!

rAm
01-25-2010, 02:44 PM
I insert manu in for bogans so I have tony/manu/RJ/duncan/blair

If you don't over-use turbo you won't ever have to sub anyone out in a 5 minute quarter game, so why play with the scrubs?

TimDunkem
01-25-2010, 02:56 PM
If you don't over-use turbo you won't ever have to sub anyone out in a 5 minute quarter game, so why play with the scrubs?
It's different with sliders, fatigue, and longer quarters.

More shots taken in longer quarters creates tired players....

rAm
01-25-2010, 03:13 PM
truth

jermaine
01-25-2010, 03:18 PM
If you don't over-use turbo you won't ever have to sub anyone out in a 5 minute quarter game, so why play with the scrubs?[/QUOTE]

I am one of the people that plays TEAM ball! I like to see Hill & Mason play. I wish it was more people online that played 8to12 min qtrs! Their called Subs for a reason.

Bukefal
01-25-2010, 03:36 PM
You should get Nba live :)

TimDunkem
01-25-2010, 03:38 PM
You should get Nba live :)
The only thing Live has over 2k is the fact that the online service actually works.

ffadicted
01-25-2010, 03:43 PM
I really like the Tony Hill Jefferson Blair Duncan starting lineup, with Ginobili and McDyess first off the bench on the wing/up front. It's the best one we've got short of roster changes to be honest.

And Live > 2K imo lol

Bukefal
01-25-2010, 03:46 PM
Well I dont know about that, but if you say so, another reason for me it was better to get live, online service is working well on live.

2 months ago I was thinking which one I should get and I had a look at 2k10 but then I thought live looks a lot better.

:toast

Bukefal
01-25-2010, 03:51 PM
I really like the Tony Hill Jefferson Blair Duncan starting lineup, with Ginobili and McDyess first off the bench on the wing/up front. It's the best one we've got short of roster changes to be honest.

And Live > 2K imo lol

Yeah that's a nice line up. But I usually just play the dynamic season with the lineups how they are in the actual games.

DisAsTerBot
01-25-2010, 04:52 PM
parker, bogans, jeff, dice, duncan.

at 2 min subs

hill, gino, mason, duncan, mahinmi.

bring back dice when 2nd qtr starts.

i use whoever is the hottest btwn bogans, mason, jefferson to rotate the 2/3 spots for the rest of the game.

been taking names...

5in10
01-25-2010, 05:50 PM
take bonner out and the overall rating will skyrocket....

Hahaha this!

usckk
01-25-2010, 05:53 PM
It's different with sliders, fatigue, and longer quarters.

More shots taken in longer quarters creates tired players....

What do you mean by sliders?

TimDunkem
01-25-2010, 06:00 PM
What do you mean by sliders?
There are multiple sliders that adjust different settings which can be used to change the game play. For example, you can move a jump shot slider up to increase the chances of making a shot, or decrease it to lower the chances. They're usually used to create a more sim-like experience because retail sports games are usually very arcade like out-of-box to purposely appeal to more casual sport gamers.

usckk
01-25-2010, 06:16 PM
There are multiple sliders that adjust different settings which can be used to change the game play. For example, you can move a jump shot slider up to increase the chances of making a shot, or decrease it to lower the chances. They're usually used to create a more sim-like experience because retail sports games are usually very arcade like out-of-box to purposely appeal to more casual sport gamers.

Thanks for the explanation. I own the NBA 2k10 for PS3, and absolutely love it! I've the sliders on the option screen but wasn't sure what they are for. Do you usually change them for games against the CPU? Or do you adjust them for online play? Would you suggest changing the sliders from defaults? Right now, all of them are at 50% by default.

Also, I don't know how NBA Live as any argument of being better. I've played with both, and NBA 2k10 looks a lot better and most importantly plays more like the real thing. Nba Live certainly improved over the the previous years with Live 10, but the game play is still short of the NBA 2k10 qualities. In 2k10, you have more moves and shot-types that you can control. The only reason I would suggest one to buy NBA live if they want an easier game to play (such as the people that like Virtua tennis over Topspin).

TimDunkem
01-25-2010, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the explanation. I own the NBA 2k10 for PS3, and absolutely love it! I've the sliders on the option screen but wasn't sure what they are for. Do you usually change them for games against the CPU? Or do you adjust them for online play? Would you suggest changing the sliders from defaults? Right now, all of them are at 50% by default.

I use them against the CPU because most of the time you can't edit those online, or can't get into an online game. I'd recommend changing them if you personally feel that the computer (or yourself) is shooting at to high a percentage, or if anything else seems unrealistic.

I can't tell you what each setting is exactly because my 360 broke, but I usually change these settings:

Close shot
Mid-range
3-point
Dunk
Dunk in traffic
Defensive help
Clutch factor

Difficulty level: Hall of Fame
Quarter length: 8 minutes

Turning off clutch factor in the settings, and game play options is important because in 2k there are hidden stats affected by it that could completely (and unrealistically) change the momentum of the game.

These settings coupled together should give you some realistic stats if you play the match yourself.

usckk
01-25-2010, 08:32 PM
I use them against the CPU because most of the time you can't edit those online, or can't get into an online game. I'd recommend changing them if you personally feel that the computer (or yourself) is shooting at to high a percentage, or if anything else seems unrealistic.

I can't tell you what each setting is exactly because my 360 broke, but I usually change these settings:

Close shot
Mid-range
3-point
Dunk
Dunk in traffic
Defensive help
Clutch factor

Difficulty level: Hall of Fame
Quarter length: 8 minutes

Turning off clutch factor in the settings, and game play options is important because in 2k there are hidden stats affected by it that could completely (and unrealistically) change the momentum of the game.

These settings coupled together should give you some realistic stats if you play the match yourself.

Thanks for the help! So it sounds like the sliders are mainly to change the computer characteristics and not as much as the players characteristics?

I've only been playing for about 2 weeks now. It's actually hard for me to beat the computer at Pro level. Is it because of the sliders?

Chieflion
01-25-2010, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the help! So it sounds like the sliders are mainly to change the computer characteristics and not as much as the players characteristics?

I've only been playing for about 2 weeks now. It's actually hard for me to beat the computer at Pro level. Is it because of the sliders?
No, the sliders (they are seperate, best to make both User and CPU similar) control both the user and CPU's shooting percentages, blocking percentge, fouls percentage and steals percentage, etc on whatever you change, to make it even. The best thing to do is to reduce shooting percentage, try to increase the fouls (because sometimes fouls are never called). You do this to make the game more realistic. You may want to go to 2ksports.com to check out its forum on the game sliders.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-25-2010, 08:37 PM

Out of the box, the game has very very poor CPU sliders. They hit a ton of jumpshots and 3's, and rarely attack the rim.

2kShare even offers personal sliders to be uploaded, which I would recommend you looking into.

My lineup for the Spurs in 2K10 is:

Duncan
McDyess
Jefferson
Ginobili
Parker

Bench:

Ratliff
Bonner
Keith Bogans
George Hill
Mason

I wish Blair was better in the game. It seems like even though they offer living rosters, Blair is wayyyy underrated in this game.

usckk
01-25-2010, 08:39 PM
Out of the box, the game has very very poor CPU sliders. They hit a ton of jumpshots and 3's, and rarely attack the rim.

2kShare even offers personal sliders to be uploaded, which I would recommend you looking into.

What do you mean by "personal" slider? Is it through NBA2k10?

Also, I've notice the abundance of 3 point shots. That's why I always set to where my defense plays tightly.

usckk
01-25-2010, 08:41 PM
My most successful lineup online-wise is the following:

Parker
Manu
Mason
Bonner (before he got hurt)
Duncan

In online play, the more shooters you have the more likely you are going to win. Well atleast for me.

Also, the last time I played was in December, and at that point, Blair had been starting for a while and NBA2k10 never put in in the starting lineup. Is he at the starting lineup now?

Amuseddaysleeper
01-25-2010, 08:41 PM
What do you mean by "personal" slider? Is it through NBA2k10?

Also, I've notice the abundance of 3 point shots. That's why I always set to where my defense plays tightly.

Yeah, basically let's say you make a custom set of sliders for yourself. You manage to have sliders that help improve the realism of the stats. If you save your sliders, you can upload them to the 2KShare server.

There are some pretty good sliders online, and 2K even breaks them down into the most downloaded.

Definitely look into it.:toast