PDA

View Full Version : Could Pop be traded?

Fabbs
01-25-2010, 07:01 PM
Board cap, contract and trade know it alls:
Could Pop be included in a trade?

Aaron McKie is Not the Only NBA Coach Who Could Get Traded
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/4424/aaron-mckie-is-not-the-only-nba-coach-who-could-get-traded

Since PopApologists value him as either the best or 2nd best coach in the NBA, surely (by their way of thinking) Toronto would be getting a steal in a Pop for Bosh deal.

Chieflion
01-25-2010, 07:02 PM
This sounds more and more stupid.

duncanCOSTARICA
01-25-2010, 07:17 PM
If you trade Pop so pack him with Duncan and rebuild!

timtonymanu
01-25-2010, 07:24 PM
slow news day at espn, huh?

Fabbs
01-25-2010, 07:24 PM
3 morons so far....

My Fault
01-25-2010, 07:25 PM
Perhaps trading idiots bandwagoners like Fabbs for draft picks sounds more reasonable....

Chieflion
01-25-2010, 07:26 PM
Fabbs calling us morons when these are players who are veterans and provide veteran presences, thus "coaches".

This time last week, Aaron McKie was an unpaid assistant coach for the Philadelphia 76ers (although he is still making money from his last contract as a player). Then McKie was traded from the Los Angeles Lakers to the Memphis Grizzlies.

And this is just the starting paragraph.

Fabbs
01-25-2010, 07:26 PM
If you trade Pop so pack him with Duncan and rebuild!
No we don't send our best player with Pop.
Finley and others.

You silly punk. :lol

LOL@MavsFan
01-25-2010, 07:27 PM
God damn these threads are getting worse and worse. We get it...they suck right now. You "fans" have been spoiled too long. They say you can tell who the true fans are during times of adversary. Next time you "fans" think about starting another trade him, we won't make the playoffs, tired bullshit thread...DON'T. We have all heard all this negative garbage before. Go away.

LOL@MavsFan
01-25-2010, 07:28 PM
Perhaps trading idiots bandwagoners like Fabbs for draft picks sounds more reasonable....

229 posts and he already sounds twice as smart as you vets.:lol Way to go, bro!:toast

Fabbs
01-25-2010, 07:32 PM
God damn these threads are getting worse and worse. We get it...they suck right now. You "fans" have been spoiled too long. They say you can tell who the true fans are during times of adversary. Next time you "fans" think about starting another trade him, we won't make the playoffs, tired bullshit thread...DON'T. We have all heard all this negative garbage before. Go away.
The thread is for people who know how the NBA system does/doesn't work.
You Mavs and PopApologists who feel the need to see your name are the ones who need to "go away".

exstatic
01-25-2010, 07:35 PM
No we don't send our best player with Pop.
Finley and others.

You silly punk. :lol

I think he's telling you that Tim isn't going to play for anyone but Pop, you silly punk. Realize.

TJastal
01-25-2010, 07:36 PM
Yah, Fabbs. Check yoself befo you wreck yoself!

:lol

My Fault
01-25-2010, 07:37 PM
So Fabbs when did you become a Spurs fan? Be honest...

Chieflion
01-25-2010, 07:39 PM
I seriously believe Fabbs should click on his own link to read the old article again to understand it better.

bigdog
01-25-2010, 07:43 PM
Lol

greyforest
01-25-2010, 07:46 PM
pop gone = immediate team implosion

Fabbs
01-25-2010, 07:51 PM
I think he's telling you that Tim isn't going to play for anyone but Pop, you silly punk. Realize.
I don't believe a word of that.
Bosh gets on the team tommorow and Poop is gone, Timmy is stoked.
Sad that Pop is gone, yes. Stoked for another title run? Absolutely.

Fabbs
01-25-2010, 07:54 PM
So Fabbs when did you become a Spurs fan? Be honest...
Timmy Dunks era, but not at the start when Coatails Pop got on board. Specifically during the summer of 2002 after the Kings won the title (but the Lakers were scammed it). I do not blame Pop for the playoff failure when DA got cheapshotted down.

I was onboard pre 2002-3 season when all the Laker Asses were at their peak of Laker Worship.

Fabbs
01-25-2010, 07:56 PM
I seriously believe Fabbs should click on his own link to read the old article again to understand it better.
I clearly state in the OP i do not know all the facts surrounding coaches being traded, thus i asked for a sincere knowlegeable poster to inform. Which I'm sure one will in the midst of you trolls.

My Fault
01-25-2010, 07:56 PM

So a core that has won 3 titles together, suddenly the coach who led them is gone and they to win another? What kind of logic is that? Still haven't answered my question cause I'm sure you haven't been watch basketball very long.

Chieflion
01-25-2010, 07:57 PM
I clearly state in the OP i do not know all the facts surrounding coaches being traded, thus i asked for a sincere knowlegeable poster to inform. Which I'm sure one will in the midst of you trolls.
The contracts traded are player contracts. Those players "retired" before their contract is up. That makes them tradable. Recent example: Matt Harpring

Nicely done, calling us trolls when the real troll is you.

TJastal
01-25-2010, 07:59 PM
I think Timmy would would be publicly sad for a few days if Pop got traded, but underneath he wouldn't be that broken up.

To say he would quit playing if Pop was gone is absolutely hilarious. Gotta love the POop homers around here...

exstatic
01-25-2010, 08:00 PM

You (and most people who bash Pop and want him fired) don't understand a damn thing. You think of them as coach and player. That's not it. They're basically best friends, and Pop is the only father that Tim has now.

I'm telling YOU that Tim might finish the season for his teammates, but would retire this summer.

superjames1992
01-25-2010, 08:01 PM
Board cap, contract and trade know it alls:
Could Pop be included in a trade?

Aaron McKie is Not the Only NBA Coach Who Could Get Traded
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/4424/aaron-mckie-is-not-the-only-nba-coach-who-could-get-traded

Since PopApologists value him as either the best or 2nd best coach in the NBA, surely (by their way of thinking) Toronto would be getting a steal in a Pop for Bosh deal.
:bang

TJastal
01-25-2010, 08:02 PM
You (and most people who bash Pop and want him fired) don't understand a damn thing. You think of them as coach and player. That's not it. They're basically best friends, and Pop is the only father that Tim has now.

I'm telling YOU that Tim might finish the season for his teammates, but would retire this summer.

:lol

Homerism at its finest

Cane
01-25-2010, 08:07 PM
Horrible thread, horrible original poster, and anyone that backs it up is just looking to stir up bullshit especially since they don't know how trades actually work (see: Tjastal). I'm an equal opportunities kind of guy so this thread deserves to be shat on.

My Fault
01-25-2010, 08:09 PM
I think Timmy would would be publicly sad for a few days if Pop got traded, but underneath he wouldn't be that broken up.

To say he would quit playing if Pop was gone is absolutely hilarious. Gotta love the POop homers around here...

You must be Fabbs' troll cause there can't be two people who are this stupid.

TJastal
01-25-2010, 08:13 PM
Horrible thread, horrible original poster, and anyone that backs it up is just looking to stir up bullshit especially since they don't know how trades actually work (see: Tjastal).

My comments had nothing to do with an actual trade, I was poking fun at the notion Tim Duncan would quit playing basketball if his Dad stopped coaching.

Reading is fundamental.

Cane
01-25-2010, 08:17 PM
My comments had nothing to do with an actual trade, I was poking fun at the notion Tim Duncan would quit playing basketball if his Dad stopped coaching.

Reading is fundamental.

Ditto. You're part of the " just trying to stir up bullshit" to make it clearer.

Resume shitting on the thread. Focus your trolling efforts on the OP :hat

hsxvvd
01-25-2010, 09:17 PM
Based on a conversation I just had with the league office, for the league to approve such a trade, the NBA would have to be satisfied that Mitchell's contract with the Raptors was completley resolved -- bought out, terminated etc. -- and that whichever team was acquiring Mitchell was doing so to get him to play basketball for them. They frown on retired players moving around on paper just to satisfy the collective bargaining agreement.)

So what did the league office do about it with the Gasol trade?

itzsoweezee
01-25-2010, 10:54 PM
Fuck you Popobitch.

androck
01-25-2010, 11:09 PM
If only we could have a great coach like Vinnie Del Negro... yeah, THAT's our problem

Fabbs
01-26-2010, 03:18 AM
None of you knows about the contract so far.

Cane, Chieflion, duncanCOSTARICA, timtonymanu, MyFault, LOL@Mavfan, exstatic, TJastal, greyforest,
Have you thought about modeling for the Spurs cause?
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140272

Dro210
01-26-2010, 03:45 AM
Sam Mitchell is a former player who retired before his contract was up.... Timberwolves have his rights as a player, not the Raptors.

Since Pop wasn't a Spurs player who retired before his contract was up, we can't trade him.... plus, I don't think anybody could convince the NBA they actually plan on suiting him up.

Fabbs
01-26-2010, 03:54 AM
Sam Mitchell is a former player who retired before his contract was up.... Timberwolves have his rights as a player, not the Raptors.

Since Pop wasn't a Spurs player who retired before his contract was up, we can't trade him.... plus, I don't think anybody could convince the NBA they actually plan on suiting him up.
:clap Thank you Dro210, i had confidence a sincere member of ST would come thru with a competent answer.

I was wondering if we could sign Pop to a 10 day player contract to satisfy the trade rules. :rollin

Chieflion
01-26-2010, 04:12 AM
:clap Thank you Dro210, i had confidence a sincere member of ST would come thru with a competent answer.

I was wondering if we could sign Pop to a 10 day player contract to satisfy the trade rules. :rollin
Idiot, I told you to read the article you posted. You would have realised that Sam Mitchell was a former player who contract did not expire, but you just have to be a big idiot.

ATXSPUR
01-26-2010, 09:38 AM
Peyton Manning is getting ready to win another super bowl under a different coach so I don't buy the idea that Tim is gone if Pop is gone.

Fabbs
01-26-2010, 11:22 AM
Idiot, I told you to read the article you posted. You would have realised that Sam Mitchell was a former player who contract did not expire, but you just have to be a big idiot.
I already knew Sam Mitchell was a previous player. That in and of itself did not prove or disprove whether a coach can be traded or not. Resume jerking.

Fabbs
01-26-2010, 11:23 AM
Peyton Manning is getting ready to win another super bowl under a different coach so I don't buy the idea that Tim is gone if Pop is gone.
good point.

Probably a ton of other players we could think of.

Chieflion
01-26-2010, 11:24 AM
I already knew Sam Mitchell was a previous player. That in and of itself did not prove or disprove whether a coach can be traded or not. Resume jerking.
Just read the article and you will realise his contract had not run out. Keep being a dick. You are doing a good job.