PDA

View Full Version : Small balll...

Spurs Brazil
01-25-2010, 10:59 PM
killed us again

Everytime is the same, TD man sets the pick and then is gone, the whole D is gone

Rose missed the layup and Noah OPEN for the putback

Manu playing PF, the 6'6 Manu playing PF

Pop is terrible this season, he really lost it

Old School 44
01-25-2010, 11:02 PM
Yep...I was listening on WOAI and thinking small ball on DEFENSE coming out of a Chicago timeout what is Pop thinking? Maybe that line up is in for offense, but defense??? We need to secure a rebound?

toki9
01-25-2010, 11:04 PM
i don't understand this at all. It's not as if there aren't bigs on the roster.

Spurs Brazil
01-25-2010, 11:04 PM
And the Bulls were playing big

WHY GO SMALL????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????

HarlemHeat37
01-25-2010, 11:06 PM
Teams have been exploiting this all year..they rarely run plays 1 on 1 against Duncan..

They bring him out on the p&r and exploit our lack of a 2nd big inside the paint to hurt them once TD goes to contest the shot..it's the smart strategy and there's no reason for every team not to do it, especially when our coach goes small ball..our 2nd bigs are bad enough, but the coach is going to SMALL BALL?..

It's also horrible when our perimeter defenders can't defend ANYBODY, especially Tony and RJ..

Spurs Brazil
01-25-2010, 11:08 PM
Teams have been exploiting this all year..they rarely run plays 1 on 1 against Duncan..

They bring him out on the p&r and exploit our lack of a 2nd big inside the paint to hurt them once TD goes to contest the shot..it's the smart strategy and there's no reason for every team not to do it, especially when our coach goes small ball..our 2nd bigs are bad enough, but the coach is going to SMALL BALL?..

It's also horrible when our perimeter defenders can't defend ANYBODY, especially Tony and RJ..

And then I ask. Why 4 coaches who are being paid a lot to see those things do nothing.

Every fan already see that it's a problem and 4 coaches do nothing about

Old School 44
01-25-2010, 11:10 PM
It's to much to ask of Duncan to protect the rim and secure the rebound. Especially against relentless guys like Noah.

androck
01-25-2010, 11:11 PM
It's ok guys, Bonner will be back soon!

ElNono
01-25-2010, 11:12 PM
we have Coaches with NO BALLS.
PJ kept Pop in check.

http://www.mucio.net/public/yesman.jpg

HarlemHeat37
01-25-2010, 11:13 PM
It's to much to ask of Duncan to protect the rim and secure the rebound. Especially against relentless guys like Noah.

Duncan did protect the rim, Rose missed the shot..

Unfortunately, there's no other big to get the putback away from Noan on the game winner..

z0sa
01-25-2010, 11:13 PM
The Bulls came into this game 27th in the NBA in scoring.

:bang

Sean Cagney
01-25-2010, 11:15 PM
Same thing every game and I am sick of it lol, small ball killed us, RJ sucks and we could not get any stops at the end... GOOD LORD is this a pattern here? Threads are the same after every game too, Pop sucks and small ball is the problem etc. all the same.

This is who they are AND POP WILL NOT STOP! DAMN.

Josepatches_
01-25-2010, 11:16 PM
Yep...I was listening on WOAI and thinking small ball on DEFENSE coming out of a Chicago timeout what is Pop thinking? Maybe that line up is in for offense, but defense??? We need to secure a rebound?

Well and that's another mistake.It could work if you play TD in the low post but we didn't do it in the last minutes.
If has sense if everybody is outside so they cant double team TD without let us a wide open shot.If not then we can be quickly and speedy but smaller so at the end we aren't really better.

timtonymanu
01-25-2010, 11:17 PM
Pop will never stop using small ball sadly. We could be challenging five 7 footers all on the floor and Pop will play Manu at PF. I wish we had Finley and Bonner 100%. I rather see them at PF than Manu.

Sean Cagney
01-25-2010, 11:18 PM
The Bulls came into this game 27th in the NBA in scoring.

:bang

LMFAO thats your remedy, see us and you will shoot better and score more....... This D IS UTTERLY PATHETIC!

Old School 44
01-25-2010, 11:19 PM
Duncan did protect the rim, Rose missed the shot..

Unfortunately, there's no other big to get the putback away from Noan on the game winner..

That's exactly what I'm saying. Duncan can't do both!

Obstructed_View
01-25-2010, 11:22 PM
If Timmy is the power forward, does that mean that Roger Mason is the center or Manu Ginobili?

SCdac
01-25-2010, 11:26 PM
It's games like these where I wish I was a reporter, or that the reporters had enough balls to ask Pop about his ultra-small lineup on that defensive sequence out of a time out. How hard would that be? At the very least we could get some reasoning from Pop.

Old School 44
01-25-2010, 11:35 PM
To quote Pop, I think he needs "to get over himself", and stop being so stubborn.
I am surprised somebody in the local media hasn't called him out for some of his recent poor decisions. Buck Harvey? Mike Monroe?

Did Sean say anything during the telecast about small ball, particularly having that line up at the end and the putback by Noah?

z0sa
01-25-2010, 11:37 PM
If Timmy is the power forward, does that mean that Roger Mason is the center or Manu Ginobili?

:lol I was laughing the other day with my cousin, who's a big Dirk and Mavsfan about how often Pop puts small ball around Tim and he's still starting at F in the ASG.

DesignatedT
01-25-2010, 11:40 PM
if were not making a trade for a big then we need to just unleash the rattler. i want pop to straight up bench jefferson. send a message to this bum

DesignatedT
01-25-2010, 11:43 PM

:rollin

spursballer21
01-25-2010, 11:53 PM
jefferson at power forward common pop you can do better.i think you should get fired if your not doing a good job.i saw so many easy points because of lack of size.4 guards and one big guy yeah right we aint winning if thats going on.

DesignatedT
01-25-2010, 11:59 PM
opposing teams run the same play over and over.

they pull duncan out on the screen, so its a 1 on 1 with duncan and rose or duncan and dwill or duncan and brooks, then they run right past him and get a easy layup because we have NOONE left to gaurd the rim, because roger mason jr is playing the center position.

its fucking disgusting, how everyone sees this, yet we do nothing about it.

Its time to bring in a real shot blocker (camby,haywood) and go back to what has won us 4 championships. having 2 shot blockers creates one very important thing.... we are then capable of really gaurding the perimeter tight (instead of going under every screen) because if they are to get around are perimeter defenders, which happens a lot, they run into both TD and Camby or Haywood, and i will give them that shot any day of the week.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-26-2010, 12:06 AM
And then I ask. Why 4 coaches who are being paid a lot to see those things do nothing.

Every fan already see that it's a problem and 4 coaches do nothing about

We need PJ back. Got a bunch of yes men sitting on the bench next to Pop.

Obstructed_View
01-26-2010, 12:11 AM
PJ didn't do anything about 2006 against Dallas. Pop needs to fire himself and hire a new coach.

hsxvvd
01-26-2010, 12:12 AM
Pop did say, if we don't win a championship, he should be fired. Maybe time for Holt to run a scare on him and get him to put the bottle down.