PDA

View Full Version : Pop Should Step Down

manufan4life
01-25-2010, 11:14 PM
Just got done watching the game. I finally realize what the problem is. maybe yall will agree with me, or not. The problem is coach pop, it seems like he wants to lose games, the way he is coaching. For instance, we have Theo (a big man collecting dust) he may not score, but he can rebound and block. We could have used him tonight, to give Timmy the help he needs in the paint. Pop chooses not to play him so he rather have the bulls go into the paint. Friday against the rockets, he could have used Mason jr and never did. Did you notice today he took a long time to take a timeout. It took him 6 min to put timmy back in the game in the 2nd and 4th qtrs. without timmy they went into the paint. It has happened almost every game. he does not use Theo or Mason. He Sticks with Dice and he SUCKS! Finally, today we had an 11 point lead during the 1st timeout he took out Blair and George Hill and no coach does that unless the player has 2 fouls. you dont take them out when you have a rythme going. If you look at this the problem is pop. he does not know what he wants. IMO pop is bringing the team down, and i believe we should get rid off him and bring AJ.

HarlemHeat37
01-25-2010, 11:17 PM
Pop isn't going anywhere as long as Finley is on the team..

ElNono
01-25-2010, 11:17 PM
Somebody merge this on the official meltdown thread... Dice actually had a good game today...

SequSpur
01-25-2010, 11:19 PM
Pop isn't going anywhere as long as Finley is on the team..

:lmao

dbestpro
01-25-2010, 11:22 PM
Pop may not go anywhere, but the fans that buy tickets might.

Johnny RIngo
01-25-2010, 11:24 PM
Pop and RJ are the biggest problems with the team. Thing is that we can win in spite of RJ's uselessness on the court. The players can't do shit if their coach keeps giving the opposing team a considerable size advantage night in, night out.

relic
01-25-2010, 11:36 PM
bring avery johnson as coach, PJ as asst. change up some of the old and bring something fresh.

underdawg
01-26-2010, 12:15 AM
Somebody merge this on the official meltdown thread... Dice actually had a good game today...

I don't know if it was really a good game for Dice - he's still slow to rotations and I watched him a couple of times hold back on challenging shots while having no fouls. I understand Ian's raw and probably would be somewhat of a liability on defense, but at least he would challenge shots - Duncan has more than he can handle and Blair can't help his size on longer players. Our defense as a whole is a liability right now and Dice is not an answer.

Pop's a great coach, but he's getting out-coached right now and he doesn't seem able to adjust to more athletic teams. Maybe there's not a coach out there that can overcome an aging team with stars that can't procduce like they used to while dealing with a new "star" player that wont' step up like expected. Bottom line - the chemistry is not there and all the talent in the world can't win without it.

hsxvvd
01-26-2010, 12:17 AM
http://nbcsportsmedia.msnbc.com/j/NBCSports/Sections/Personal/Jervay,%20John/NBA/NBA%20Coaches/080501_Avery-Johnson-Cover.hmedium.jpg

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-26-2010, 12:36 AM
Oh please, who is a better, more proven coach than Pop? I'd say Phil Jackson, but he's unavailable, and that's it.

Pop's problem this year is his personnel - they simply aren't coming together as the should have. RJ is embarrassing for 14mil, TP is hobbled, Manu's body has finally regressed to the point where he can't penetrate like he used to, and none of the youngsters are yet ready to step into the void.

We had a good time while it lasted, but the game has moved on and we're caught between trying to win and trying to rebuild.

The other problem is that the NBA has become a fast-paced game full of athletes, something we simply lack.

ElNono
01-26-2010, 12:37 AM
I don't know if it was really a good game for Dice

Considering the way he's played for half a season, he had a good game. I expect even more from him, but all things considered, this was a solid outing from him.

Obstructed_View
01-26-2010, 12:37 AM
Oh please, who is a better, more proven coach than Pop? I'd say Phil Jackson, but he's unavailable, and that's it.

Pop's problem this year is his personnel - they simply aren't coming together as the should have. RJ is embarrassing for 14mil, TP is hobbled, Manu's body has finally regressed to the point where he can't penetrate like he used to, and none of the youngsters are yet ready to step into the void.

We had a good time while it lasted, but the game has moved on and we're caught between trying to win and trying to rebuild.

The other problem is that the NBA has become a fast-paced game full of athletes, something we simply lack.

You obviously missed the end of tonight's game.

ElNono
01-26-2010, 12:39 AM

Nellie is probably a lot better than Pop at micro ball, and I'm sure he can be had for the right price... I just don't expect that brand of basketball to win a championship...

z0sa
01-26-2010, 12:40 AM
Oh please, who is a better, more proven coach than Pop?

You're arguing a straw man. Of course there's no one better than Pop available. Doesn't mean he's above accountability for his actions or shouldn't be drawing ire. He just smallballed our way to a loss despite Dyess finally stepping it up for once.

Obstructed_View
01-26-2010, 12:48 AM
You're arguing a straw man. Of course there's no one better than Pop available.
False. There's nobody more proven than Pop. The argument every Pop apologist has made for the last four years is that his teams have won championships. I repeat: he just got outcoached in the clutch by Vinnie Del Negro.

z0sa
01-26-2010, 12:52 AM
I repeat: he just got outcoached in the clutch by Vinnie Del Negro.

I hear Vinny's getting canned soon ... :lol

murpjf88
01-26-2010, 12:52 AM
Pop should step down my ass.... and be replaced by who? Oh, let me guess, P.J.

Johnny RIngo
01-26-2010, 01:04 AM
Pop should step down my ass.... and be replaced by who? Oh, let me guess, P.J.

Pop doesn't need to step down. He just needs to get his out of his ass or maybe bring in a better coaching staff(too many yes men)

NRHector
01-26-2010, 01:09 AM
I don't think Mr Holt would have the balls to fire Pop I think he's scared of Pop

ElNono
01-26-2010, 01:31 AM
Quote of the night:

“We used to be able to make stops on demand,” Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. “We need three in a row, we're going to go make the stops. That hasn't been the case.”

hsxvvd
01-26-2010, 01:34 AM
http://img1.loadtr.com/b-123757-mario_elie.jpg