PDA

View Full Version : Manu was fouled twice

bugmenot
01-25-2010, 11:16 PM
i'm sick of the NBA being racist against white people :pctoss f;ing lame

HarlemHeat37
LOL..Duncan got fouled a minute earlier my man..

timvp
Didn't look like either one was a foul. The first one I'll have to watch again but that second one was Manu flopping trying to get an and-1.

SequSpur
01-25-2010, 11:17 PM
and they left noah wide open for a put back and left derrick rose unguarded for a 9 footer...wtf?

DPG21920
No foul. Extremely weak take though.

SequSpur
duncan was fouled...not sure about ginobili..i thought that was a good no call.

Shastafarian
I'd be interested to know what PF/C average the fewest FTs per game in the league. Gonna go search basketball reference...

alchemist
ehh.... he could've tried to jump and get the rebound that pretty much won the game for the Bulls (Noah rebound/score)

The Spurs keep shooting themselves in the foot, from the players to the coaches.

z0sa
01-25-2010, 11:18 PM
Didn't look like either one was a foul. The first one I'll have to watch again but that second one was Manu flopping trying to get an and-1.

Flop or not he got nailed in the upper body with at least a small amount of force - which is a foul IMO.

DPG21920
Tim just shot 21 FT's last game, no?

easy7
Is this team that bad that is has to depend on refs to bail it out? Just saying..

HarlemHeat37
I understand not calling the foul on Manu, but he did get bumped..

Duncan clearly got fouled though, I don't know how you guys can say he wasn't..I saw at least 2 arms hit his arm..

Buddy Holly

Yeah, the second one was not a foul which pisses me off that some of the players on our team think they can go weak or just throw up anything and they'll get the call. They rely on that too much.

ploto
01-25-2010, 11:20 PM
I'd be interested to know what PF/C average the fewest FTs per game in the league. Gonna go search basketball reference...
Rasho :)

methionine
01-25-2010, 11:20 PM
Is this team that bad that is has to depend on refs to bail it out? Just saying..

I looks that way. :depressed

Budkin
01-25-2010, 11:22 PM

I don't agree... I'm watching Spurs Live right now and there was a lot of body contact from Rose on that last drive. They didn't really deserve to win anyway though since they couldn't get a stop to save their lives. I'm even more sick after hearing that the Bulls came in at 27th in offense or something like that. Spurs make poor shooting teams find their groove again! :bang

timvp
01-25-2010, 11:24 PM
On that last drive Manu's neck was pulled back by Rose's body. That was Manu flopping backwards to draw the and-1. Smart play since the Spurs were down three but the outcome was obviously less than ideal.

Shastafarian
01-25-2010, 11:29 PM
How about adding 5 seconds to the shot clock when it was clearly not above 2 :lol

Earnin those paychecks!

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
01-25-2010, 11:32 PM
There was more contact on Ginobili than on Hedo last night!

ploto
01-25-2010, 11:52 PM
How about adding 5 seconds to the shot clock when it was clearly not above 2.

That's the shot clock rule for jump balls- Bill Land is stupid.

Kori Ellis
01-25-2010, 11:54 PM
Regarding last minute calls:

When there's a no call in favor of the Spurs, Spurs fans say, "Good job by the refs, gotta let them play this late in the game." When it doesn't favor the Spurs, then the complaining begins.

Bottomline is the Spurs got off to scorching start and they need to play some D and start putting teams away early. It shouldn't come down to calls that could go either way late in the game. The team shouldn't be letting opponents shoot 70% in a half, and they shouldn't be playing Timmy and four guards when they need stops late in games.

ploto
01-26-2010, 12:01 AM
I don't think that was a Manu flop, but I am just confused as to how the Raps get a questionable call against the Lakers of all teams and the Spurs get nothing.

The call for Hedo was not questioned by anyone but a Lakers fan.

Shastafarian
01-26-2010, 12:03 AM
That's the shot clock rule for jump balls- Bill Land is stupid.

That's a new one to me.

ElNono
01-26-2010, 12:04 AM
Not the reason we lost. Out of curiosity, I would still like to know if Pop really drew that play at the end...

hsxvvd
01-26-2010, 12:05 AM
I guess when you start winning games of your own accord, you earn the respect of the refs. Until then, we'll continue to be treated like we deserve.

ploto
01-26-2010, 12:06 AM
That's a new one to me.

If a jump ball is retained by the offense after being caused by the defense tying the ball up-- and there are less than 5 seconds on the shot clock-- the clock is reset to 5. If the defense wins the jump (as happened) then obviously they get 24 seconds.

The 24-second clock shall remain the same as when play was interrupted or reset to 5 seconds, whichever is greater, any time on jump balls retained by the offensive team as the result of a held ball caused by the defense.
http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/pdf/2.0/sect/officiating/Official_NBA_Rule_Rook_09-10.pdf

JustinJDW
01-26-2010, 12:49 AM
It wasn't really a foul. I don't know why Manu thought the refs were going to bail him out with that weak ass play. I hate it when players try to get the call rather than do their job and try to score the damn basketball.

It annoys the hell out of me.

mookie2001
01-26-2010, 01:34 AM
Shitty Ginobili play down the stretch

Again

kace
01-26-2010, 04:47 AM
if TP had missed those two last shots, there would have been ten threads bashing him.

Harry Callahan
01-26-2010, 05:23 AM
if TP had missed those two last shots, there would have been ten threads bashing him.

I get really tired of the whiny Manu or Tony fans complaining about who should get the most blame or credit around here.

I'm a SPURS FAN. Neither one is playing well enough. Okay?

kace
01-26-2010, 06:00 AM
I get really tired of the whiny Manu or Tony fans complaining about who should get the most blame or credit around here.

i totally agree.

i still find funny that when manu misses the two last shots, you have people trying to find excuses for him.

I'll always be OK with manu taking the last shot, as for tim or tony, though. he has earned this right, no doubt. but when he misses, he misses, that's all. no BS excuse.

ElNono
01-26-2010, 07:42 AM

Tony played well and has been playing well... if I have a beef with Tony in this game, it's his defense. Hinrich took him to school. But he always has been a fairly lousy defender, so there's nothing new there. It's just like I've been disappointed with Manu's shooting. Even though he's making up for it with other stuff, it would be nice to have both.
But there's bigger problems than Tony and Manu in this team...

ElNono
01-26-2010, 07:43 AM

Agree, and there's bigger fish to fry as far as finding why we're not performing up to par...

kace
01-26-2010, 07:52 AM
Tony played well and has been playing well... if I have a beef with Tony in this game, it's his defense. Hinrich took him to school. But he always has been a fairly lousy defender, so there's nothing new there. It's just like I've been disappointed with Manu's shooting. Even though he's making up for it with other stuff, it would be nice to have both.
But there's bigger problems than Tony and Manu in this team...

OK. as for tony 's defense, don't you think he will improve it come PO time ?

i mean, tony's isn't a defensive force, that's clear. Still, i can't remember him being embarrassed on PO whereas i clearly saw him lazy many times on the RS.

It could be the same old song this year. i'm not saying i agree with that but if his PF let him improve his defense in PO as usual, i can live with it (unless the Spurs aren't even if PO of course).

PublicOption
01-26-2010, 08:02 AM
how about those mysterious 5 seconds.

ElNono
01-26-2010, 08:31 AM
OK. as for tony 's defense, don't you think he will improve it come PO time ?

i mean, tony's isn't a defensive force, that's clear. Still, i can't remember him being embarrassed on PO whereas i clearly saw him lazy many times on the RS.

It could be the same old song this year. i'm not saying i agree with that but if his PF let him improve his defense in PO as usual, i can live with it (unless the Spurs aren't even if PO of course).

I agree, and my point was that normally Tony makes up for that with his scoring. Like I said, this team has bigger problems than Manu or Tony.

SpurNation
01-26-2010, 08:32 AM
There are NO concise calls when it comes to fouls being called though there ARE concise rules as to what constitutes a foul.

Street ball has more honor regarding the "game" of basketball than any league organized endeavor.

But that's always been the case. And as always the case...it sucks when it happens to your favorite team.

If that were Kobe attempting the same play...???

Oh Well...it's the part of basketball that has been around as long as the sport itself. Too bad the Spurs couldn't make defensive stops earlier that wouldn't have made THAT play THAT important.

spurs_philippines
01-26-2010, 10:51 AM
if the spurs only play good basketball there would be no excuses for no calls

Dex
01-26-2010, 11:00 AM
Regarding last minute calls:

When there's a no call in favor of the Spurs, Spurs fans say, "Good job by the refs, gotta let them play this late in the game." When it doesn't favor the Spurs, then the complaining begins.

While I completely agree with this, I think you could replace the name Spurs with just about any other team, and the outcome would be about the same.

Chomag
01-26-2010, 11:43 AM
how about those mysterious 5 seconds.

LOL maybe but the Spurs got the ball on jump ball so this really isn't an issue.

galvatron3000
01-26-2010, 12:32 PM
I agree it was a foul, but calling it that late when it might be a no call other times in the night against the team that ussually has the refs on their side is just weird to me. When I think about late game fouls the one game that always makes me scratch my head is the 2006 playoffs Spurs/Mavs game 7. We all remember the Dirk and 1 when Manu fouled him at the rim and Dirk forced overtime, but what people forget is that Tim was fouled just as hard under the basket the next play.

The foul on dirk is at 8:35

BAB24F5D3E7B2A10&index=7

The foul on Tim is the first play in this video:

VcUK8xDVh_8&NR=1

That's really the only problem I have with refs today. They should decide in the fourth quarter "If this gets close do we let them play or do we call fouls?" In all honesty no one can be happy either way.

Kerr played on the 1996 Bulls team that MJ got a end of the game foul call against Seattle in the Finals. Remember the league normally didn't do that but for MJ everybody gave a pass except MJ haters aND Seattle fans

Dice
01-26-2010, 12:32 PM

I think it's the third or fourth time this season that the "refs" lost the game for us.

How bout just making the damm layup?

kace
01-26-2010, 12:55 PM
I agree it was a foul, but calling it that late when it might be a no call other times in the night against the team that ussually has the refs on their side is just weird to me. When I think about late game fouls the one game that always makes me scratch my head is the 2006 playoffs Spurs/Mavs game 7. We all remember the Dirk and 1 when Manu fouled him at the rim and Dirk forced overtime, but what people forget is that Tim was fouled just as hard under the basket the next play.

The foul on dirk is at 8:35

That's really the only problem I have with refs today. They should decide in the fourth quarter "If this gets close do we let them play or do we call fouls?" In all honesty no one can be happy either way.

my god, i had forgotten this last play to win the serie. now, i remember it. Manu missed badly but Tim right arm is heavily hit by Dirk, a clear foul. Wow.