PDA

View Full Version : Post Game Quotes (Bulls Game)

duncan228
01-26-2010, 12:43 AM
Post Game Quotes (http://www.nba.com/spurs/gameday/100125.html)

Gregg Popovich

Opening Statement - It was a tough loss…tough loss. It was a heck of a game. I was really pleased with a lot of things on the court but the win. Our guys did a great job of hanging tough. They did what they had to do to try to get a win. Congratulations to the Bulls. They did what they had to do down the stretch to get the win.

When asked if it was the Bulls shooting that made the difference - It’s never one thing. They shot the lights out in the first half, but our guys did a good job of hanging in there. Our guys just need to keep up the attitude, continue to learn and cut down on the mistakes.

Roger Mason

On tonight’s game - You have to always stay prepared. We went small and made a little run with a three guard lineup. I think our energy was good. Still, we had our lapses tonight. You have to give them credit. They played a good game. The effort was there, which is positive, but they hit some shots in the first half and they were on fire. In the second half I think we did a little bit better job at contesting but they still played a very offensive game. Every shot in the fourth quarter under five minutes is big. We got some good looks. Even Manu’s last two plays we’ll take any day of the week from him. It’s a part of basketball; the shots aren’t always going to go in.

On the process of growing as a team - It’s frustrating when you lose game through the process. This is all a process working toward the end of the year and we all understand that. But at the same time, we are trying to win games. That’s frustrating. The effort is there we just need to do a little bit more.

Tim Duncan

On the game - This game was frustrating. Anytime you put yourself in a situation to win games and you can’t get over the hump it’s frustrating. It’s going to happen sometime. We have a team that we can win games especially like the one tonight but we just need find ways to get it done. Defensively we aren’t as good as we want to be – we need to start (improving) there.

On improving as a team - Things are moving in the right direction. We just aren’t getting the W’s to put a stamp on it. Pills are easier to shallow when you have something with it and that W would have helped our confidence and help us start to believe in what we are doing. We are playing hard and fighting hard things just aren’t going our way.

On the defense against the Bulls - They were shooting 70% and they are a team that is so athletic you want to them to shoot jump shots and contest them. But when they make everything you have to open up lanes for them and that’s where they get dangerous. We stuck with it. It turned for us and defensively picked it up and got back into it. But we just couldn’t get over the top.

Vinny DelNegro

Opening Statement - Tonight we just grinded it out. We tried to manage the minutes. Derrick was a little fatigued in the first half and I was trying to hold him back just a little bit. Kirk came out and did a nice job for us. We came out a little sluggish; we didn’t have great energy. They were attacking us and we were back on our heels, but Kirk made some shots and got us back in it. Then we gained some confidence from there. It was a nice team effort.

When asked what does he think when his team makes plays down the stretch - Hopefully it means we’re growing a little bit. Tonight I was pleased with our defense. One of the things that hurt us tonight were the turnovers. I think we had 17 and they had too many fast break points. When we would turn it over they were getting lay ups on us. Parker is like a one man fast break. So that really hurt us tonight.

When asked what was said when he talked to Popovich before and after the game - We always talk before and after the game. Whenever you can get around experienced people like that, who have coached you and you believe in, and have been so successful you want to pick their brains and it’s a smart thing to do. Pop is very generous with his time and his support. At the end he gave me his congratulations.

Kirk Hinrich

On making plays down the stretch - That’s an area we’ve improved a lot in. We got young players that are growing up in this league and they’re playing like veterans right now. I think lately, offensively, we’ve been playing really well.

On beating good teams on the road - I really don’t know the significance of it…I just think we’ve been playing a lot tougher on the road. Last year we were really bad on the road and this year didn’t start off very good. I think winning on the road just comes down to competing, mental and physical toughness throughout the whole game.

On getting off to a slow start - I think we were a little shell-shocked to start the game. After that first timeout out we were able to come out, get some stops, and get back in the game.

Joakim Noah

On how his foot feels - It’s painful right now, but it feels good to win though. It would be more painful if we lost. You just get caught up in the game and you forget about it. It was pretty painful. I couldn’t move laterally and my movements weren’t great. It just feels good right now because we just beat three pretty solid teams in a row. That’s good for our confidence and we just gotta keep it up. Guys gotta keep stepping up. Kirk was huge for us today when we had a bad start and Kirk just kept us in it. Rose was huge. It was a team effort and we just gotta keep it up.

On his put-back on Rose’s missed layup - What made that play was that Derrick came to the middle and I set a pretty good screen on Hill. Derrick took it all the way to the basket and Duncan went for the block. In that situation I just dive hard to the basket because I know I’m going to be naked at the basket. It was a big play.

On what’s different on the Bulls over the last few games - I think that we’re confident and I think we’re just playing good basketball. We’re not worried about who’s scoring the basketball … we’re just making the right play. I’m not going to lie, Derrick Rose is playing at a really high level. I think he understands how they’re trying to play him when they’re trying to get the ball out of his hands. I think he has more confidence in giving up the ball to the other guys to make plays. I think he’s doing a really good job just reading the defense. It’s making the game a lot easier for a lot of us on the team.

Chieflion
01-26-2010, 12:44 AM
Pop: Blah Blah Blah, guys played hard, blah blah blah, ball don't lie.

He sounds like Sheed.

HarlemHeat37
01-26-2010, 12:46 AM
Post Game Quotes (http://www.nba.com/spurs/gameday/100125.html)

Gregg Popovich

Opening Statement - It was a tough loss…tough loss. It was a heck of a game. I was really pleased with a lot of things on the court but the win. Our guys did a great job of hanging tough. They did what they had to do to try to get a win. Congratulations to the Bulls. They did what they had to do down the stretch to get the win.

When asked if it was the Bulls shooting that made the difference - It’s never one thing. They shot the lights out in the first half, but our guys did a good job of hanging in there. Our guys just need to keep up the attitude, continue to learn and cut down on the mistakes.

Tim Duncan

On improving as a team - Things are moving in the right direction. We just aren’t getting the W’s to put a stamp on it. Pills are easier to shallow when you have something with it and that W would have helped our confidence and help us start to believe in what we are doing. We are playing hard and fighting hard things just aren’t going our way.

:rolleyes

Sean Cagney
01-26-2010, 12:48 AM
Quotes are getting old, we need wins......... Not we can do this and that, fukk that they need to win plain and simple.

BTW on the quotes they are content and think this as of now will work and so on, that makes me depressed on thinking this is the rotation and how it willb e for the year! I am sick of this man, they need something different.

SinBAD
01-26-2010, 12:49 AM
What is pop talking about?please to see what?the bulls shooting 70% in the 1st half?please with small ball?what r u please about exactly?Maybe our great offensive execution or RJ's 1-9.What is tim talking about?moving in the right direction?What direction are they talking about? the lottery?when is tim gonna man up and tell pop about this small bal crap.he is too nice. we are regressing and its sad to see.

Ice009
01-26-2010, 12:50 AM
MAN are these guys hanging tough or are they not seeing what needs to be done?

SinBAD
01-26-2010, 12:51 AM
could the spurs be targetting the 8th seed to plsy the lkers first round?

ElNono
01-26-2010, 12:51 AM
I'm sure they just wanted to get the media out of the way without sounding disrespectful to the Bulls...

Obstructed_View
01-26-2010, 12:52 AM
I guess after the next ten games when the Spurs go 3-7 and are routinely destroyed by high pick and rolls on Timmy, they'll start to notice it in the film room and do something about it.

duncan228
01-26-2010, 01:40 AM
Video.

Coach Pop

http://www.nba.com/spurs/multimedia/100125_pop.html

Tim Duncan

http://www.nba.com/spurs/multimedia/100125_duncan.html

Manu Ginobili

http://www.nba.com/spurs/multimedia/100125_ginobili.html

Roger Mason Jr.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/multimedia/100125_mason.html

Bruno
01-26-2010, 02:12 AM
I was really pleased with a lot of things on the court but the win. Our guys did a great job of hanging tough. They did what they had to do to try to get a win.

It's official, Pop has turned into Dora the Explorer.

Obstructed_View
01-26-2010, 02:17 AM
It's official, Pop has turned into Dora the Explorer.
:lol
Yeah, he sort of sounds like a female kindergarten teacher. Wonder if everyone gets a "participant" ribbon in the locker room.

KenziE
01-26-2010, 04:19 AM
where are you ERIC B ? defend your coach POP

Obstructed_View
01-26-2010, 04:34 AM
where are you ERIC B ? defend your coach POP

How many rings do you have?

I thought so.

Dro210
01-26-2010, 04:53 AM
Quite a few uses of "frustrating" in just those couple of quotes from Tim and Roger.

They're feeling it as much as we are.

Obstructed_View
01-26-2010, 04:59 AM
Until Timmy uses the term "retarded" I'm not sold.

Xevious
01-26-2010, 09:18 AM
Pop needs to man up and hold these guys accountable, starting with himself. I don't want to hear that he thinks their effort in a loss was impressive. Anything less than a championship and Peter Holt's wallet might just close up on them for future seasons. It's do or die time.

ajballer4
01-26-2010, 10:05 AM
No questions about Tim in the Bulls huddle? lol

elbamba
01-26-2010, 11:31 AM
The biggest problem with this Spurs team is something we have not had to hear for a long time...the Spurs are soft this year. Manu and Tony are playing soft, unlike years past, and we no longer have a bowen type defender to get under the skin of the opposing team.

Just look at Miller's foul on Blair, the Spurs should have retaliated, instead, the allowed Miller to dominate the 4th quarter with three pointers and more aggresive play.

phxspurfan
01-26-2010, 12:58 PM
Roger Mason

On tonight’s game - You have to always stay prepared. We went small and made a little run with a three guard lineup.

This reminds me of my softball team. We get down by a few runs and some games we panic. We notice the other team has strung together a bunch of hits to left so then we shift 3 outfielders to the left and leave only one guy in right center/right. We have a good half inning, maybe get a 1-2-3 out of it.

But then the other team notices the gimmick and starts aiming for right field or just starts hitting the ball over our heads. We lose the game.

pjjrfan
01-26-2010, 01:10 PM
I can't blame the players or staff for towing the company line, when they give up it's over. This team is still in the hunt, just not playing well. But one of the things I hear mention in all sports all the time is that good teams find ways to win and bad teams find ways to lose. Right now the Spurs just seem to keep finding ways to lose. And that monkey is getting bigger and bigger. The way some guards have been plalying against us if they play half their games against us they will be in the hall of fame.

romain.star
01-26-2010, 01:41 PM
It's official, Pop has turned into Raymond Domenech.

fixed

will_spurs
01-27-2010, 04:31 AM
fixed

Ouch. It can't be that bad.

kace
01-27-2010, 04:36 AM
It's official, Pop has turned into Raymond Domenech.

fixed

weird choices, doesn't want to answer the journalists, over-positive about bad games, passive coaching..........well, good analogy :lol

Warlord23
01-27-2010, 04:47 AM
Well, it's settled then ... we're runaway contenders for the "hanging tough" championship. When is the parade?

polandprzem
01-27-2010, 06:16 AM
Well, it's settled then ... we're runaway contenders for the "hanging tough" championship. When is the parade?

it depends on the weather

Bender
01-27-2010, 06:35 AM
these post game quotes are getting old, it's the same crap said after every loss.

timtonymanu
01-27-2010, 07:14 AM
"We're going in the right direction."
"I was pleased with the effort."
"This team is still trying to gell."

God these excuses are as old as the it's only _____ .

Just win the games, Spurs.

Bruno
01-27-2010, 07:30 AM
weird choices, doesn't want to answer the journalists, over-positive about bad games, passive coaching..........well, good analogy :lol

Raymond rules : http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xaubla_raymond-fritz-ca-me-plait_fun