PDA

View Full Version : I don't understand...

xellos88330
01-26-2010, 01:00 AM
what the fuck possessed me to spend so much money on season tickets to watch this pathetic excuse of a basketball team.

Why the fuck are you using small ball for a crucial defensive play when the Bulls were exploiting it all fucking night?

I have been patient... too patient it seems. I am sick and fucking tired of watching a team being brought down by its own fucking coach.

SMALL BALL DOESN'T WORK AGAINST A TEAM PLAYING BIG POP!!!

Oh, wait... he is a genius I forgot.

Whew... now that that is done with... GO SPURS GO!!! Give me my faith back! :flag:

PS: Sorry if this seemed a bit wierd, but it had to be done.

Obstructed_View
01-26-2010, 01:03 AM
That money I didn't spend on League Pass is starting to burn a hole in my pocket. Think I'll buy some parts for my Mustang...

Chieflion
01-26-2010, 01:04 AM
Without those last two sentences, you would have sounded exactly like Sequ.

xellos88330
01-26-2010, 01:06 AM
Without those last two sentences, you would have sounded exactly like Sequ.

I had to vent man.... don't know what else to do.

Cyall for the next game... I am going to go watch my championship DVDs and cry myself to sleep.

timtonymanu
01-26-2010, 01:07 AM
all of us were excited.

On paper, this looked like a championship team. We were even hyped up about having the best offseason of 2009. Everyone was suppose to come back healthy.

Thank god I didnt buy league pass when I was so close to doing so.

It's sad when I start watching other teams like the Bobcats, Grizzlies, and Thunder play with much more heart than the Spurs have shown in a game.

Chieflion
01-26-2010, 01:10 AM
all of us were excited.

On paper, this looked like a championship team. We were even hyped up about having the best offseason of 2009. Everyone was suppose to come back healthy.

It's sad when I start watching other teams like the Bobcats, Grizzlies, and Thunder play with much more heart than the Spurs have shown in a game.
Why the heck would anyone buy league pass to be disappointed?

jjktkk
01-26-2010, 02:24 AM
all of us were excited.

It doesn't have to with heart. Can you actually question the leaders on this team's(Duncan, Ginoboli, Parker) heart? The problem IMO is the Spurs have lost their defensive talent over the past few years. Pop plays small ball because he has no viable big to team with Duncan, hence no new "twin Tower" tandem to shut down the paint. Another problem was the decline of Bruce Bowen, due to father time. So no shot blocking besides Duncan, and no perimeter defender besides Hill, and although I love Hill's defense, asking George to defend the Kobe's, Melo's, and Lebron's of the NBA is asking alot for a guy whose 6'2". The Spurs over the past 2 seasons have proved to us, without a doubt, that they can't outscore a team and win. Until Pop upgrades the defense, via trades, fa signings,etc., This current group of Spurs will be nothing better than medicore at best.

timtonymanu
01-26-2010, 02:53 AM
It doesn't have to with heart. Can you actually question the leaders on this team's(Duncan, Ginoboli, Parker) heart? The problem IMO is the Spurs have lost their defensive talent over the past few years. Pop plays small ball because he has no viable big to team with Duncan, hence no new "twin Tower" tandem to shut down the paint. Another problem was the decline of Bruce Bowen, due to father time. So no shot blocking besides Duncan, and no perimeter defender besides Hill, and although I love Hill's defense, asking George to defend the Kobe's, Melo's, and Lebron's of the NBA is asking alot for a guy whose 6'2". The Spurs over the past 2 seasons have proved to us, without a doubt, that they can't outscore a team and win. Until Pop upgrades the defense, via trades, fa signings,etc., This current group of Spurs will be nothing better than medicore at best.

i agree with what you said but i still think they dont show heart out there. and no im not talking about tim, manu and tony. Tim has been very consistent and Manu and Tony are just hurt. The Spurs can be a great team but they just get so lazy and out of games mostly Dick Jefferson.

Chief
01-26-2010, 03:18 AM
Basketball is so different then Football isn't it ? Talk to a browns or raiders season ticket holder, they know their team really isn't going anywhere, but the history, the pride, having a good time, for the fan, that's really what it's all about.

jjktkk
01-26-2010, 03:34 AM
Basketball is so different then Football isn't it ? Talk to a browns or raiders season ticket holder, they know their team really isn't going anywhere, but the history, the pride, having a good time, for the fan, that's really what it's all about.

So true, but when your favorite team is a consistant winner, fans become spoiled. It cracks me up when I read some of the Spur fans on hear rant and rave that Pop's a idiot, this guy, or this guy sucks, or one of my favorite things to read, for example, is why don't we trade Bonner, Finley, etc. etc. for some other teams superstar. Some of the Spurstalk folks on here are a tad bit ignorant. But hey, it could be worse. Just think if we were Clipper fans.

intothechaos
01-26-2010, 07:33 AM
I think it's fair for anyone that devotes his or her money to a team that doesn't produce and puts out 100% and disappoints to criticize it to the fullest extent. Blame falls on the coaches too scared to light a fire under it's players and for using lineups that continue to not produce. Time for change.

Bukefal
01-26-2010, 09:28 AM

Exactly, Spurs fans are spoiled, we've been at the top for quite a long time, and now the only thing which satisfy spurs fans is only better and better, the bar is set very high. Ive said before, what about other fanbases, imagine how they feel, who havent had any success nor do their future look bright. I think we should be very happy. We, at least, we've been there, we've done that, we've seen it.

mexicanjunior
01-26-2010, 10:22 AM

Same here, almost had my girlfriend get it for Valentine's Day for me (half season)...I'm so glad I changed my mind and that Grande stopped selling it...I would have total buyer's remorse.

spurs_philippines
01-26-2010, 10:35 AM
i don't understand why play small ball..

JR3
01-26-2010, 10:49 AM
I don't understand either. I have had prouder moments when we sucked. This team was supposed to be good. I think maybe the big three have been together too long. They seem to go through the motions and get lazy. I would be open to trading parker and or jefferson at this point. Lets hope for a hell of a rodeo road trip.

tlongII
01-26-2010, 10:52 AM

There's only 8 home games in the NFL. There's only so much punishment you can take with 41 home games in the NBA. :lol

greensborohill
01-26-2010, 10:56 AM
Don't worry, you guys have a great legacy. 4 rings.

Chomag
01-26-2010, 11:14 AM
So true, but when your favorite team is a consistant winner, fans become spoiled. It cracks me up when I read some of the Spur fans on hear rant and rave that Pop's a idiot, this guy, or this guy sucks, or one of my favorite things to read, for example, is why don't we trade Bonner, Finley, etc. etc. for some other teams superstar. Some of the Spurstalk folks on here are a tad bit ignorant. But hey, it could be worse. Just think if we were Clipper fans.

Perhaps the Level of expectations is a bit higher then that of the Clippers?For example my son had not so great grades last semester and barely passed, but I know he is much better then that. So yes, I still love him the same as I always have but I was disappointed in him.

There are teams that are just happy to make the playoffs and there are teams that anything less then a championship is a disappointment.

For those that are ragging on the disappointed fans. You do know you can be frustrated and disappointed about someone, or something and still love, and support them right? I have been disappointed in my sons decisions at times but he is still the love of my life.

Homers just crack me up sometimes.

TJastal
01-26-2010, 11:33 AM

So how do you explain why in the recent past the spurs have won with bigs like Nazr, an old Horry, Fab, Francisco Elson.... these guys are not any better than what he's got now. I guess we didn't need these guys, small ball would have netted a few extra championships according to your logic.

So now Pop's got Ratliff, Dice, Bonner, Mahinmi, Blair... none of which are really starting quality bigs but they are a helluva lot better than having no big out there. They are all at least as good as Francisco fucking Elson.

Try to remove the homer glasses before you post again.

TJastal
01-26-2010, 11:38 AM

I get the same way after reading posts by HOMERS like you. Except its not just a crack up, its a prolonged maniacal laugh.

It's almost like therapy.

jjktkk
01-26-2010, 08:00 PM
So how do you explain why in the recent past the spurs have won with bigs like Nazr, an old Horry, Fab, Francisco Elson.... these guys are not any better than what he's got now. I guess we didn't need these guys, small ball would have netted a few extra championships according to your logic..

Reading comprehension doesn't seem to be your strong point. I didn't say small ball works. Obviously it doesn't, but like I said, Pop knows he can't rely on this team playing great defense, which was the biggest reason the Spurs won 4 championships, so he tries to play small ball and out score teams which doesn't work either. This team needs to upgrade defensively. Maybe they can improve defensively from within the team, but I doubt it. IMO they need to trade for a 6'10" or better, who can help Duncan defend the paint.

So now Pop's got Ratliff, Dice, Bonner, Mahinmi, Blair... none of which are really starting quality bigs but they are a helluva lot better than having no big out there. They are all at least as good as Francisco fucking Elson.

Try to remove the homer glasses before you post again.[/QUOTE]

Still trying figure out what you mean by homer glasses. Makes no sense.