PDA

View Full Version : Loyalty To Tim

Mikesatx
01-26-2010, 01:05 AM
Are the Spurs really one player away? I don't think so-- I think the team will tinker with the roster where they can and they will continue to offer some hope as long as Tim plays near the level he is now.

The dilemma is do you stay loyal to Tim and do everything you can as a franchise to have him play his entire career as a Spur. Or do you trade him to get younger and more flexible. You keep him and the team is never shitty enough to have a legit chance at a number one or two pick. There is too much incentive for the elite superstars to stay put so building a title contender through free agency is highly unlikely. You trade him and you will definitely be shitty enough to contend for a top pick. A big part of the reputation and pride of this franchise is built on the loyalty between the fans- players- and organization.

Keep Duncan for as long as he is willing to play and hope for a miracle.

Allanon
01-26-2010, 01:08 AM
At this rate, Timmy D's good for another 5 years... he does need a quality front court mate so he can get some more rest.

Shaq's 38 and still arguably the best Center in the East.

timtonymanu
01-26-2010, 01:09 AM
Our only goal right now is to win a title.

Save the rebuilding for when Tim retires.

Ditching Duncan now is only rebuilding completely.

timvp
01-26-2010, 01:10 AM

Puff, puff, pass.

Sincerely,

Dwight Howard

Obstructed_View
01-26-2010, 01:10 AM
At this rate, Timmy D's good for another 5 years... he does need a quality front court mate so he can get some more rest.

I agree. His numbers are still excellent and he's not beating people with overwhelming strength or speed or leaping ability.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-26-2010, 01:11 AM
Duncan can play in this league as long as he is mentally willing to.

NRHector
01-26-2010, 01:12 AM
Puff, puff, pass.

Sincerely,

Dwight Howard:lol

Allanon
01-26-2010, 01:13 AM
Puff, puff, pass.

Sincerely,

Dwight Howard

I think Shaq will eat up Dwight in the Playoffs.

timtonymanu
01-26-2010, 01:14 AM
Puff, puff, pass.

Sincerely,

Dwight Howard

His lack of offense makes me think like Allanon.

Chieflion
01-26-2010, 01:15 AM
His lack of offense makes me think like Allanon.
All Howard needs is a player who passes him the ball, instead of players who only know how to shoot the 3 ball.

ezau
01-26-2010, 01:55 AM
Puff, puff, pass.

Sincerely,

Dwight Howard

lol Dwight

Obstructed_View
01-26-2010, 02:02 AM
All Howard needs is a player who passes him the ball, instead of players who only know how to shoot the 3 ball.

That and a jumper.

Stringer_Bell
01-26-2010, 02:08 AM
Timmy needs a partner, he can't do it alone and I say move anyone except Manu, Blair, and Hill if it gets him some help in the front. Seeing him get pushed around tonight by Noah in that FAKE huddle pissed me off...the whole team should have been crowding around the Bulls in that non-timeout huddle. But no, Tim gets pushed off and the ref clears him out even though he did nothing wrong.

This team needs balls and awareness. Yes, balls and awareness! GET TIMMY SOME HELP!

Macca76
01-26-2010, 02:55 AM
all howard needs is a player who passes him the ball, instead of players who only know how to shoot the 3 ball.
+1

Harry Callahan
01-26-2010, 06:01 AM
The only way Duncan gets traded is if he asks for one.

Tim is the only player who should get the choice of staying here or not.

There are four LOB trophys at the ATT Center because of TD. The front office will not insult him by treating him like just another player. He deserves this kind of respect.

jermaine
01-26-2010, 08:26 AM

An Shaq has the best player in the NBA as the Main option too! That's what the Spurs need to realize about Tim now. His bset days are behind and if you watch Spurs games you'll see he's slow an can barely get off the gound to get a tip in over 6'6 defenders! Tim shouldn't be the main foucs of the offense anymore. That's why you never see intesity outta jefferson. He acts like he's gonna drive an just past it in to Duncan an wait for the kick out. If they trade Manu or let him walk, FUCK the Spurs!

Obstructed_View
01-26-2010, 08:31 AM
His bset days are behind and if you watch Spurs games you'll see he's slow an can barely get off the gound to get a tip in over 6'6 defenders!

Welcome to 2006.

jermaine
01-26-2010, 08:37 AM
Welcome to 2006.
If I knew that back then & you knew it, what the FUCK is wrong with the late ass Spurs FO? They didn't get the memo!?!

jermaine
01-26-2010, 08:39 AM
Welcome to 2006.

Why are they still running the same 2006 plays? The times done changed. Pops smallball is his revolation!

Agloco
01-26-2010, 09:29 AM
Are the Spurs really one player away? I don't think so

100% agreed. At best we're two players away, and as such it's an untenable situation really. It's going to be interesting what the ownership group decides to do this season and next.

Part of me is beginning to think that the project needs to be blown up. Timmy isn't getting any help either way.

dbreiden83080
01-26-2010, 01:04 PM
The only way Duncan gets traded is if he asks for one.

Tim is the only player who should get the choice of staying here or not.

There are four LOB trophys at the ATT Center because of TD. The front office will not insult him by treating him like just another player. He deserves this kind of respect.

Thats eactly right. Duncan retires a Spur unless he asks for a trade or lets his deal run out and wants to play a year or 2 elsewhere (Timmy has 2 years left after this one). It would take a hell of a lot for the organization to disrespect him..

senorglory
01-26-2010, 03:03 PM
Rinse, repeat...

Duncan has mysterious back injury which keeps him out for entire 2011 season... Spurs are lottery team... Spurs land franchise player in draft... Duncan returns from injury... Spurs win 3 of next 5 championships...

Rinse, repeat...

mexicanjunior
01-26-2010, 03:19 PM
Rinse, repeat...

Duncan has mysterious back injury which keeps him out for entire 2011 season... Spurs are lottery team... Spurs land franchise player in draft... Duncan returns from injury... Spurs win 3 of next 5 championships...

Rinse, repeat...

I think that mysterious injury needs to happen now...

jermaine
01-26-2010, 03:33 PM
Rinse, repeat...

Rinse, repeat...

That sounds very cowardly an I hope you or any other Spurs fan wouldn't be proud to even say that in public. That's embarassing you even posted that! Who are you. Stay off this forum an never come back.

ffadicted
01-26-2010, 05:24 PM
This isn't even an argument, Tim is the best player on our team lol. It's like the lakers trading kobe

easy7
01-26-2010, 05:28 PM

He will also eat all the tacos and burritos in San Antonio...:lmao

senorglory
01-29-2010, 04:50 AM
That sounds very cowardly an I hope you or any other Spurs fan wouldn't be proud to even say that in public. That's embarassing you even posted that! Who are you. Stay off this forum an never come back.

hmmm... Are you for real? :lmao

Cowardice? Embarrassment? I thought we were all just having a little chit-chat about some basketball.

Please don't kick me off your forum!

jermaine
01-29-2010, 09:12 AM
hmmm... Are you for real? :lmao

Cowardice? Embarrassment? I thought we were all just having a little chit-chat about some basketball.

Please don't kick me off your forum!

I was going to pull some strings an have Mrs.Kori ban you for life but imma fair & just man therefotre I will allow you to stay. Only because you begged & said please. Just don't let me here that kinda talk from you again. You or your lil hommies! You got that!?! Retoricial question dummy, don't answer back.

Mister Sinister
01-29-2010, 12:40 PM
I was going to pull some strings an have Mrs.Kori ban you for life but imma fair & just man therefotre I will allow you to stay. Only because you begged & said please. Just don't let me here that kinda talk from you again. You or your lil hommies! You got that!?! Retoricial question dummy, don't answer back.

http://rpnidev.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/1087039-riveting_tale_chap_super1.jpg

senorglory
01-31-2010, 04:22 PM
lol.

jjktkk
01-31-2010, 04:30 PM
Our only goal right now is to win a title.

Save the rebuilding for when Tim retires.

Ditching Duncan now is only rebuilding completely.

:toast Couldn't agree with you more, but IMO the Spurs do need to make a trade to upgrade the defense. But not at the expense of trading Duncan.

jjktkk
01-31-2010, 04:34 PM

ummmmmmmm Jermaine, it was joke. After reading some of your posts, I'd rather see you leave this forum and become a Golden State fan. :toast

Horse
01-31-2010, 04:39 PM
Shaq did as much for the championship miami team as I did and that was 06 F him!