PDA

View Full Version : Reagan Basketball coach resigns!

Fdawg07
01-26-2010, 01:39 AM
I attended Reagan from 2003-2007 and played under him in 2003...I couldda seen this coming! Actually surprised though now that it happend. Anyone else know any other information??

DAVID FLORES: Littleton resigns before NEISD completes investigation

by David Flores / KENS 5
Posted on January 25, 2010 at 7:50 PM
Updated today at 8:01 PM

Beleaguered boys basketball coach Jimmy Littleton resigned his job at Reagan High School on Monday, citing personal reasons.
Littleton had been on paid administrative leave since Jan. 5, when the North East Independent School District began investigating complaints from Reagan parents about his “inappropriate language” and behavior toward his players.

NEISD human-resources personnel were still conducting their investigation when Littleton turned in his resignation, according to a statement released by the district via e-mail. The statement said the investigation is now closed.

Littleton’s resignation, which ends his employment with the NEISD, is effective Tuesday. He was in his 21st year as a coach in the NEISD, including his 11th at Reagan.

Assistant coach Norm Galyon will continue as Reagan’s interim head coach for the remainder of the season, NEISD athletic director Jerry Comalander said.

Reagan has gone 2-4 without Littleton, falling to 16-10 overall and 4-6 in District 26-5A.

“We’ll open the job in a week or so,” Comalander said. “We won’t be in a big hurry. It’s a good job.”

Littleton, 54, coached at Roosevelt for 10 years before going to Reagan in 1999 when the school opened. The Rattlers went 229-116 under Littleton, and advanced to the Class 5A state tournament in 2005.

Littleton’s signed letter of resignation, addressed to NEISD human resources executive director Richard Smith, was released by the NEISD.

“I would like to thank Roosevelt High School, the faculty and staff for 10 years of employment and the friendships I developed over those years,” Littleton wrote.

He also expressed his gratitude to the Reagan administration, particularly principal Bill Boyd, faculty and staff, and thanked Comalander.

“To the North East Independent School District Athletic Department, I would like to say a heart felt (sic) thank you for 21 years of employment, especially Coach Jerry Comalander for his support, encouragement and guidance during my coaching tenure,” Littleton wrote.

Littleton did not return messages left on his cell phone and home phone.

James Fred Littleton was head boys basketball coach at South San for three seasons before going to Roosevelt in 1989. East Central beat Roosevelt 92-91 in the 1995 Region IV-5A final, and went on to win the state championship.

“That Roosevelt team may have been the second best in the state that year and one of the best of all time,” Comalander said. “It just came along at the same time as that East Central team.”

A 1975 Lee graduate, Littleton has 465 career victories. Littleton also was an assistant coach at Clark, Alamo Heights and Lanier.

“I would certainly give credence to Coach Littleton’s success at Roosevelt and Reagan,” Comalander said. “His record speaks for itself, as far as coaching the game. Our district is appreciative of his service. I certainly have regrets that it turned out the way it did, but I’m sure Coach Littleton did what’s best for him and his family.”

Comalander succeeded Littleton’s father, Jimmy A. Littleton, as NEISD athletic director. The NEISD’s Littleton Gymnasium is named after the elder Littleton, who died last August.

The elder Littleton led South San to the Class 3A state championship in 1961 and NEISD school Lee to the 4A title in 1967. South San went to the state tournament seven consecutive times, from 1958-64, under Littleton.

“Jimmy Fred,” as he is called by family and friends, started following his father to the gym at an early age and fell in love with basketball. His father’s only son, Littleton always has said he never wanted to do anything else but coach basketball.

“He was born into basketball,” the father said in 2005. “He just loved the game and was always at the gym with me.”

mrsmaalox
01-26-2010, 01:55 AM
My son plays there now. He and his father were always good to my son and very nice to me.

PM5K
01-26-2010, 02:01 AM
I'm confused. "Inappropriate language"? Did he resign because he was accused of doing, or not doing it?

mrsmaalox
01-26-2010, 02:12 AM
He has a reputation of being very temperamental and drops a lot of f-bombs. But my son told me he has never witnessed Littleton personally/directly insult any players.

timvp
01-26-2010, 02:15 AM
Good. F him.

PM5K
01-26-2010, 02:20 AM
He has a reputation of being very temperamental and drops a lot of f-bombs. But my son told me he has never witnessed Littleton personally/directly insult any players.

I'm confused, so he's a history teacher?

mrsmaalox
01-26-2010, 02:24 AM
I'm confused, so he's a history teacher?

Damn, now you're confusing me! :lol

No he was the head basketball coach.

PM5K
01-26-2010, 02:28 AM
Damn, now you're confusing me! :lol

No he was the head basketball coach.

So he resigned because instead of coaching he was teaching the players history?

I'm confused, can you explain this to me like I'm a two year old?

http://cdn.newsone.com/files/2009/08/denzel-washington-philly_l.jpg

mrsmaalox
01-26-2010, 02:34 AM
I don't know where you are getting anything about "history" here. He's the head bball coach. Real temperamental, fit throwing, shit talking kinda coach. Players either hate him or love him. Apparently some players felt they were being verbally abused and their parents complained to the district. He was placed on administrative leave while the investigation happened. Don't know the results of this investigation, but he has apparently resigned.

ploto
01-26-2010, 08:13 AM

I have been told that he used to be a whole lot worse.

ploto
01-26-2010, 08:15 AM
NEISD human-resources personnel were still conducting their investigation when Littleton turned in his resignation, according to a statement released by the district via e-mail. The statement said the investigation is now closed.

I have a problem with this. The parents and students still have the right to have this properly investigated.

I. Hustle
01-26-2010, 09:13 AM
Eff Reagan

spurs_fan_in_exile
01-26-2010, 09:19 AM
Pffff, my brothers have a load of stories about the old b-ball coach from Mac going apeshit. My all time favorite came from a half time speech where they were losing at least in part due to poor free throw shooting:

"Do you jackasses know what you're shooting from the stripe? 5 for 13! 5 for got damn 13! I could shove a basketball up my ass AND FART FOR BETTER THAN 5 FOR FUCKING 13!!!"

koriwhat
01-26-2010, 11:25 AM
what a bunch of pussies! they couldn't take a little cussing? come on now!

my boxing instructor hits us with a freakin tube to get us motivated and cusses at us all freakin' day. grow a fuckin' pair!

Rip-Hamilton32
01-26-2010, 11:58 AM
don't like getting yelled at? stop fucking up

to21
01-26-2010, 12:24 PM
Further evidence that today's generation will grow up to be a bunch of pussies.

mrsmaalox
01-26-2010, 12:31 PM
I know the guy is a teacher first and belittling of any student is unacceptable, but he's also a tough coach and my feeling is that as long as he didn't personally insult anyone or put any kid in physical danger, then this is all bs. Of course we'll never really know what happened now that the investigation has been closed.

I. Hustle
01-26-2010, 12:35 PM
Sports and cussing go hand in hand. I don't agree with coaches getting too physical but cussing is part of the game.

Bigzax
01-26-2010, 12:40 PM
he shoulda locked those little pussies in the equipment shed.

4down
01-26-2010, 01:50 PM
I think I remember that East Central-Roosevelt game. Weren't Stan Bonewitz and Ivan Wagner the top dogs of their respective teams? I remember another dude who used to go to my middle school and transferred to Roosevelt and played on that squad, if memory serves me correctly.

Leetonidas
01-26-2010, 01:56 PM
What a bunch of pussy ass kids and parents. Waaaaah, my coach is yelling at me!!!

ploto
01-26-2010, 07:01 PM
I think we can all be pretty certain that the guy did not resign simply because he cussed. Every coach does that- even at private schools. I am guessing he used racial slurs, but that is just a guess. There has to be more than just some kids getting yelled at by the coach.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-26-2010, 07:25 PM
Uh oh. Here we go.

exstatic
01-26-2010, 07:52 PM
I think we can all be pretty certain that the guy did not resign simply because he cussed. Every coach does that- even at private schools. I am guessing he used racial slurs, but that is just a guess. There has to be more than just some kids getting yelled at by the coach.

1) You have NO idea what pansies kids are now, especially the richers. It could EASILY just be some profanity.

2) Way to slander him by "guessing" that he racially slurred players.

SpursWoman
01-26-2010, 08:11 PM
I was at Roosevelt when he was there ... but I wasn't on the boys basketball team so I have no idea how he behaved. :cooldevil

PM5K
01-26-2010, 09:12 PM
I was at Roosevelt when he was there ... but I wasn't on the boys basketball team so I have no idea how he behaved. :cooldevil

I heard you spent a lot of "quality" time with the whole team though.

Did that give you any insight.

jack sommerset
01-26-2010, 09:35 PM
Maybe he gave a kid a wedgie.

Cleveland Steamer
01-26-2010, 10:50 PM

seriously. i hope ploto never serves on a jury.

Clandestino
01-26-2010, 11:01 PM
most of these kids are pussies now a days. its the big city kids. the small town kids are still getting spanked at school

ploto
01-26-2010, 11:10 PM
1) You have NO idea what pansies kids are now, especially the richers. It could EASILY just be some profanity.

No way he resigned for saying f$%#. The school district would not be ending the investigation if he agreed to resign simply for that. They should complete the investigation and make it public like it should be.

Clandestino
01-26-2010, 11:13 PM
you guys are idiots... cussing at the players or even around them is expected in a locker room. the pussies should quit basketball if they can't take a little cussing.

koriwhat
01-26-2010, 11:21 PM

shit... racial slurs are thrown out like cake at a bday at my boxing gym. give me a break! the kids there aren't pussies at all!

mrsmaalox
01-27-2010, 01:13 AM

No way he resigned for saying f$%#. The school district would not be ending the investigation if he agreed to resign simply for that. They should complete the investigation and make it public like it should be.

Interesting....as I've said before, my kid plays bball at Reagan. The Reagan basketball parents as a whole appear as confused as I am as to what exactly happened. Not so with the band parents! :lol My friend whose kid is a band nerd said it was being discussed at the Booster Club meeting and apparently there are lots of rumors about racial allegations.

Coincidentally, or not, the 2 players/parents who brought the complaint (their names were published in the Express-News today) are minorities. Who knows?
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/Littleton_resigns_as_Reagan_boys_basketball_coach. html

Viva Las Espuelas
01-27-2010, 01:20 AM
is this guy good with pets?

ploto
01-27-2010, 08:28 AM
...apparently there are lots of rumors about racial allegations.

That's what I heard, too, hence my "guessing" that this is what is really going on-- since the district does not seem willing to release the investigation.

ploto
01-27-2010, 08:31 AM
shit... racial slurs are thrown out like cake at a bday at my boxing gym.

Someone at a boxing gym is not the same as a public school teacher.

I. Hustle
01-27-2010, 09:04 AM
He could have just got pissed because of the way they handled the situation. Maybe he thought to himself if they aren't going to have my back over something so stupid then F#@K those b*&%$#S in the a%$ with Oden's D*&K then f#$K them again in the c*#$sucker.

marini martini
01-27-2010, 10:03 AM
is this guy good with pets?

:lmao