PDA

View Full Version : If the Spurs lost Pop but gained Bosh, would our Championship chances increase?

Fabbs
01-26-2010, 03:29 AM
Is the Spurs tommorow lost Pop but gained Chris Bosh of the Toronto Raptors, would the Spurs chances for a championship this season improve or decrease?

Kori Ellis
01-26-2010, 03:31 AM
I'm not sure the point of these weird threads. The Spurs can't trade Pop for Bosh.

So, how do you intend to get Bosh here?

You can't answer your question without knowing who you are trading for Bosh.

Fabbs
01-26-2010, 03:36 AM
Well my other thread was clear as a bell. Can coaches be traded?
If you know for a fact they can or cannot, please post.

Not confusing at all.

Fabbs
01-26-2010, 03:37 AM
And as to this thread, I'd like to know if others think the teams chances would improve. Whether its theoretically or not.

Kori Ellis
01-26-2010, 03:37 AM
No, you can't trade a coach for a player.

Kori Ellis
01-26-2010, 03:38 AM
And as to this thread, I'd like to know if others think the teams chances would improve. Whether its theoretically or not.

That would depend on who else would be off the team.

Fabbs
01-26-2010, 03:39 AM
So why did the article mention Sam Mitchell of the Raptors being tradeable?
Could we get this on the trade thread?

Fabbs
01-26-2010, 11:53 AM
8-3 so far.

Russ
01-26-2010, 11:57 AM
First things first. Let's just keep Bosh away from the Lakers. :)

Trimble87
01-26-2010, 12:08 PM
what? what the...? what exactly is going on here? :bang

Chomag
01-26-2010, 12:09 PM
Meh, Bosh is not old enough to play on the team yet. Maybe in about 6 or more years.

I. Hustle
01-26-2010, 12:13 PM
Well my other thread was clear as a bell. Can coaches be traded?
If you know for a fact they can or cannot, please post.
Not confusing at all.

:lol :lmao :lol I thought it was a joke at first but you are dead serious.

Fabbs
01-26-2010, 12:26 PM
:lol :lmao :lol I thought it was a joke at first but you are dead serious.
Jon Gruden was traded from the Raiders to Tampa Bay for 4 draft picks, two of them 1st rounders.

Was wondering if the same could be done in the NBA.

to21
01-26-2010, 12:33 PM
I'd personally go after the first overall pick by offering up the public service announcer.

Bukefal
01-26-2010, 12:39 PM
Damn all the Pop hate. Pop is the best we have, you realize what he has done for us? You realize that he made the spurs and he made our success? It would be disaster when Pop retires. He is still one of the best basketball coaches ever, yeah he may have strange moves and things we can question, but come on!

Im really worried about that, the day he retires.

Besides, this question is silly. Pop is a coach, Bosh is a player, I dont get the logic of this.

TJastal
01-26-2010, 12:45 PM
Damn all the Pop hate. Pop is the best we have, you realize what he has done for us? You realize that he made the spurs and he made our success? It would be disaster when Pop retires. He is still one of the best basketball coaches ever, yeah he may have strange moves and things we can question, but come on!

Im really worried about that, the day he retires.

Besides, this question is silly. Pop is a coach, Bosh is a player, I dont get the logic of this.

It's a Fabbs thread. Your supposed to take it tongue-in-cheek.

ffadicted
01-26-2010, 12:47 PM
lol dumb thread. Like Kori said, who would we be giving up for Bosh? And if it's straight up Pop - Bosh (which is impossible lol), who would be our new coach?

JR3
01-26-2010, 12:48 PM
kind of hard to say. Too many variables unknown. what coach would replace pop? Would we just not have a head coach? I'm not voting on this one.

I. Hustle
01-26-2010, 12:54 PM
So Toronto would have two head coaches?! THEY WOULD BE UNSTOPPABLE!!!!

xtremesteven33
01-26-2010, 01:03 PM
No, you can't trade a coach for a player.

:wakeup Sad day at SpursTalk :lol

Old School 44
01-26-2010, 01:06 PM
Is the Spurs tommorow lost Pop but gained Chris Bosh of the Toronto Raptors, would the Spurs chances for a championship this season improve or decrease?

Is that like Amber Alert lost?

How about I hid him in a secret place, now I can't find him lost?

Or is it like playing Texas Hold'em, I raise you one Pop.
I have a flush, you have a full house. Damn, I lost Pop.

I don't get it? :rolleyes

alchemist
01-26-2010, 01:36 PM
wtf?

Fabbs
01-26-2010, 01:37 PM
It's a Fabbs thread. Your supposed to take it tongue-in-cheek.
Oh no, i mean with those literal roster changes.
Assume Pop and Finley are diagnosed with some transmittable disease, hence both off the roster. Now assume we get Bosh in some kind of Kwame for Gasol deal. That really happened, right? Bosh for Jefferson.

At any rate, try to deprogram yourselves and go with Bosh on the roster, PopnFins gone.

Fabbs
01-26-2010, 01:38 PM
There is your answer. ^^^
Do you lose at Hold Em a lot?

Is that like Amber Alert lost?

How about I hid him in a secret place, now I can't find him lost?

Or is it like playing Texas Hold'em, I raise you one Pop.
I have a flush, you have a full house. Damn, I lost Pop.

I don't get it? :rolleyes

Fabbs
01-26-2010, 01:40 PM
kind of hard to say. Too many variables unknown. what coach would replace pop? Would we just not have a head coach? I'm not voting on this one.
With a frontline of Timmy Dunks, Bosh and Blair do you think it would be difficult to coach the Spurs? I'm sure the Spurs could find someone.

easy7
01-26-2010, 01:41 PM
I don't think Bosh can coach better than Pop. And I don't think Pop can play better than Bosh for Toronto so it will f-up both teams, but the punishment would fit the crime. :lmao

Fabbs
01-26-2010, 01:41 PM
So Toronto would have two head coaches?! THEY WOULD BE UNSTOPPABLE!!!!
and you could be towel boy to two head coaches. UNSTOPPABLE!!!

Fabbs
01-26-2010, 01:47 PM
I don't think Bosh can coach better than Pop.
But you're not sure either. :lol
Bosh would not have to coach the Spurs.

JR3
01-26-2010, 01:52 PM
With a frontline of Timmy Dunks, Bosh and Blair do you think it would be difficult to coach the Spurs? I'm sure the Spurs could find someone.

We would need to also trade peter holt for Jerry Jones to be able to afford Bosh on top of our current roster's salaries.

Fabbs
01-26-2010, 01:55 PM
We would need to also trade peter holt for Jerry Jones to be able to afford Bosh on top of our current roster's salaries.
per year:
15.7 Chris Bosh

14.2 Jefferson
2.5 Finley

My Fault
01-26-2010, 01:59 PM
This thread fails on many levels....

Fabbs
01-26-2010, 02:10 PM
This thread fails on many levels....
Like your coming into it.
Can you find a PopApologist thead to play on?

Have you considered modeling?

UTSADynasty
01-26-2010, 02:16 PM
With logic like this FABBS has got to be one of my people.

Fabbs
01-26-2010, 02:18 PM
Thanks USTA.
But the multiprofile multiTrolls are now voting and letting their Fabbs hate loose.

A frontline of Duncan, Bosh and Blair and they don't think the Spurs will be better. :rollin

KuntryDude
01-26-2010, 03:01 PM
I would gladly take Bosh as a player rather than Pop as a coach for SA. Pop = old dude/style set in his ways. IMO, the game has far outgrown Pop. There are several good coaches (younger coaches) that we could fish for. Mitchell, Scott, & Johnson (Ave) just to name a few...

alchemist
01-26-2010, 03:05 PM
I would gladly take Bosh as a player rather than Pop as a coach for SA. Pop = old dude/style set in his ways. IMO, the game has far outgrown Pop. There are several good coaches (younger coaches) that we could fish for. Mitchell, Scott, & Johnson (Ave) just to name a few...
No.

KuntryDude
01-26-2010, 03:12 PM
The old Pop....maybe not so much of a trade. However, the dickhead that i've been seeing for the past 2-3 seasons...let him fly!!! Poor decisions one after the other. Good coaching don't make poor decisions consistently. Not a Phil Jax fan, but i can tell you, when Kobe is on fire, he let's him destroy your ass....not take him out to cool off...

“bright and shiny”
02-04-2010, 08:22 PM
I like this topic! :tu

phxspurfan
02-04-2010, 08:32 PM
“bright and shiny”

sabar
02-04-2010, 09:18 PM
Holt's wallet would explode. Coaches aren't paid much IIRC.

CGD
02-04-2010, 09:32 PM
Lord...

benefactor
02-04-2010, 09:59 PM
rofl mouse

SpurmzKilla
02-04-2010, 10:39 PM
Cow, dam. Things must tuff in Spurm world when
a) u wanna trade da coach
b) u clearly gone nutz thinkin u CAN trade the coach
c) totally nutz 2 think dat Rappterz would give Bosh for Pop

Let me repeet dat, you think Taranto would trade Bosh for Pop. Shit, in dat case, why in da hell is we LA talking bout giving Bynum away for him? We gonna have to give a whole lot more than one young upncomin stud for Bosh, you guys is offering a holla fame, time testing, championships winnin coach.

I used to think Spurmz is so pathetic trying to be a dynasty and all, maybe I still does but dat ain't no matter wit dis new level shit. Spurm children iz all meltin down and shit. Just b4 I saw all theese peeps flippin 4real over George Hill. Now they mo crazy mofos tryin to trade da coach!
Da muthafukin coach!

Aight firsts things first I would take the trade from Spurm. Then the league would be all yo dat shits craaaazzzzeeeee u can't do dat and cancel da trade cept I'd keep Pop cause he's a badazz mofo. And since NBA highaupz be letting me keep Bosh I'd go for the trade wit LA and get me some Bynum. Imagine coach Pop coaching a young stud big man again. I and vision some major cultcha changez with a top defensive coach and a big guy in the middle. Pop would have all the Eurodudes playin wack D.

2)Meanwhile I'dve created da ultimit bomb2da Spurm. No championship coach to handle all those new dudez. Oh man, I'm LOL just thinking bout checking SpurmTalk after dat! And all da weird crazy threads peeps be makin bout da losing Spurmz.

3)On toppa all dat da Lake Show gots Bosh, Gasol, Odom, Artest, KB24 MUTHAFUCKAS!, Brown, etc There's no way to stop them! Spurm won't even be in da playoffs to try. Now DAT would be weird. No Spurm in da playoffs.

Just Kidding I wouldn't do dat trades. I couldn't. I ain't no coach. Why would I do that anyway? I like the competition, wish the damn Spurm would get they shit togetha so we can turn back da clock and throw down like da old dayz. I'm just clownin cuz u dudez need a dam joke here n there. Fo real, everytime I visit there's crazy niggas talking all kinds of crazy shit and now it's time to trade the coach!! Liten up b4 y'all do something stupid and regret it. Things could b worse, right? y'all could b'n Jersey or something.

What happened to da much respected cultcha of Spurm? And Coach Pop's example of da man cuttin stone 100 timez. Y'all fo-gett'n dat championships attitude? Where's y'all professional poys? Tradin da coach u aughtta be a shameful o' yo self! Stop bitchin and start winnin some gamez.

and just in case u wonderin bout da real coach trade, I did sum research. I can't troll da board without a little fo real trash talk to da Spurm. I been 'cuseda bein dumb and looks like you have2 so Ima raise da bar and throw down some real tanjabel shit.

Yo u know bout the Gasol trade? The trade dat made the Lake Show Western Conference Champions and Spurm wonderin y da hell they didn't make a trade? Ya, dat1. Lake Show had Aaron Mckie's contract on da bookz from when he last played in '05-'06. He played 24 games and then retired without doin the official paperwork and then joined Philthy as an assistant coach.

When Lake Show traded him, Criterion, Brown, Mark Gasol, and draft pix
to da Grizz Coach McKie agreed to join Memphis so da trade went down. Da next year da Grizz waived him and he rebecame a coach in Philthy.

The moral of da story iz, da Grizz showed respect and hooked a trade to help da Lake Show today and da Grizz tomorrow. Philthy showed respect for hometown hero KB-muthafuckin-24 and let they assistant coach go. Aaron McKie got a million dollars 2 stop coachin and get traded. Aaron McKie got rich and the Lake Show got a championship, maybe more.

Sam Mitchell last played fo Sota I believe, so they could use his contract in a trade if he agreed to it, but I don't think dat's gonna happen. Dude's not even coachin now is he? Is he an assistant now too?

I guess da real moral of da story is that Spurmz fanz iz crazy. Lake Show win's by coming up wit real tradez u dudez is wastin mad time on crazy tradez dat ain't gonna happen no wonder yo team in 5th place!

ChumpDumper
02-04-2010, 10:56 PM
^white kid

sananspursfan21
02-05-2010, 12:18 AM
this is the worst thread i've ever read on here bar none.

Fabbs
02-09-2010, 05:08 PM
Pop marching out Blair with no one over 6'7"
Mike Finley guarding Odom.
Ian still chained to the bench.

Any new voters or
Wanna re think it Apologists?

Fabbs
02-16-2010, 07:03 PM
30-29 in favor of Bosh here and Poppycock gone.

(20 of those 29 Pop votes from a multiple personality troll tho)

Trade deadline approaches.....

ElNono
02-16-2010, 07:07 PM
tied now

HarlemHeat37
02-16-2010, 07:08 PM
Bosh is almost guaranteed to be a Raptor next year..

Fabbs
02-16-2010, 08:00 PM
tied now
nice try biotch

ElNono
02-16-2010, 08:11 PM
nice try biotch

it was when I posted...

ChumpDumper
02-16-2010, 08:11 PM
So whom do the Spurs trade for Bosh again?

Dex
02-16-2010, 08:24 PM

Pop. Duh.

Baseline
02-16-2010, 08:25 PM
The Spurs would be way better off without Pop.

Ride into the sunset, Gregg.

Fabbs
02-16-2010, 08:33 PM
Assume we get a Lakerlike Bosh for RJ and Finley or something likewise to make your anal cap work, unless that is too painful for you.
Popped gets released, is gone.

End result as Poll states, "Spurs lost Pop but gained Bosh."

ChumpDumper
02-16-2010, 08:40 PM
Assume we get a Lakerlike Bosh for RJ and Finley or something likewise to make your anal cap work, unless that is too painful for you.
Popped gets released, is gone.

End result as Poll states, "Spurs lost Pop but gained Bosh."Your proposed trade does not work at all.

You really suck at this. Seems you've had to much anal work done on you.

Fabbs
02-16-2010, 08:45 PM
Your proposed trade does not work at all.

Didn't say trade.
Take your loss like a man and move on.

Stop stalking me.

ChumpDumper
02-16-2010, 08:48 PM
Didn't say trade.
You absolutely said trade.

Assume we get a Lakerlike Bosh for RJ and Finley or something likewise
That's a trade, you stupid twat.

Stop stalking me.Stop whining.

It's not my fault you exposed yourself as an idiot.

Fabbs
02-16-2010, 08:52 PM

Oh that trade, yes i said it.
I never said the trade will for a fact happen, i said assume it does for the point of discussion.

Kwame Brown for Pao Gasol. It's happened.

Now search for hours for some spelling or punctuation error I made that you can retent over.

Fabbs
02-16-2010, 08:53 PM
45-38 altho Humpy, El Nono and the multiTroll are probably workin the votes as we speak. :rollin

ChumpDumper
02-16-2010, 08:56 PM
Didn't say trade.

Stop stalking me.

Oh that trade, yes i said it.:lmao Dumbass.

ChumpDumper
02-16-2010, 08:57 PM
45-38 altho Humpy, El Nono and the multiTroll are probably workin the votes as we speak. :rollinI have never voted in this poll. As I proved, it's too stupid to answer.

Fabbs
02-16-2010, 09:02 PM
I only posted in this thread 6 times, because I'm really desperate to *prove* i don't care.
Stalker security has you in sight.

ChumpDumper
02-16-2010, 09:05 PM
Stalker security has you in sight.:lol Now you're scared.

Go start a poll asking if you are being a punk, an ass, a bitch or a punk ass bitch about this.

Marcus Bryant
02-16-2010, 09:06 PM
If your penis wasn't two inches long would you be less likely to be alone at night?

EricB
02-16-2010, 09:08 PM
If your penis wasn't two inches long would you be less likely to be alone at night?

:lol

hsxvvd
02-17-2010, 01:58 AM
Didn't Bosh coach the Sophmores? They lost to the Rookies! (who played small ball)

No thanks, stick with Pop.

Fabbs
02-17-2010, 10:17 AM
If i stalk someone, they must be scared. At least that's how i try to spin it. Fail.
Fail indeed.
Hey this is great, now you have the sites #1 PopApologist EricPark joining the campaign.

phyzik
02-17-2010, 11:05 AM
http://www.feebleminds-gifs.com/exploding-head.gif

hater
02-17-2010, 11:08 AM
what a stupid poll

Fabbs
07-03-2010, 04:49 PM
Lets get some more votes now that it's timely with Bosh deciding.
59-44 in favor of seeing Pop ride off and Bosh brought in. :toast

41 of the 44 votes for Pop over Bosh where made by MultiTroll. :rollin

Fabbs
07-03-2010, 09:14 PM
I'm very insecure.
Well then you will feel very welcome at the next gathering.
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153451&highlight=PollyAnna

Seventyniner
07-03-2010, 09:54 PM
Hrmm...we have Bird rights on Pop because he's been in SA so long, so we can sign-and-trade him (to a max deal, of course...isn't Colangelo a friend of Pop's?) for Bosh? Is that how this works?

smrattler
07-03-2010, 11:05 PM
Oh no, i mean with those literal roster changes.
Assume Pop and Finley are diagnosed with some transmittable disease, hence both off the roster.

That would suck for Pop, the Spurs and the Celtics.

Newton
07-03-2010, 11:12 PM
This is one of the god damned stupidest threads it has been my displeasure to see on the interweb.

Fabbs
07-03-2010, 11:27 PM
Hrmm...we have Bird rights on Pop because he's been in SA so long, so we can sign-and-trade him (to a max deal, of course...isn't Colangelo a friend of Pop's?) for Bosh? Is that how this works?
We had some discussion on this, and it turns out apparantly you cannot "trade" a coach. But like Laker *Championships*, things can be *worked out*. So if Spurs ownership and management approached Bosh and Toronto and let it be known that Greg Pop would be available, (to many on ST the best coach in history and certainly Toronto must feel the same way :lol ) in exchange for Bosh coming the Spurs way, then a deal could be worked.

Hey, maybe that prize recruit of CIA Pop, you know Dick Jefferson at 15 mil a year for Bosh? Oh, he oped out. Well, something could be worked out.
So whom did you vote for?

Fabbs
07-03-2010, 11:31 PM
This is one of the god damned stupidest threads it has been my displeasure to see on the interweb.
Wow, we'll have to make sure you have an experience at the next gathering that surpasses even your interweb experiences.
How about at the next PollyAnna Poppers meeting you get served some raspberry cookies and iced tea by one of the main Pop Cheerers, noneother then Eric_Park himself??!!
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_emQmivTh19Q/RyAHfLjFOmI/AAAAAAAAAz8/aqsTeVcMQkI/s400/pollyanna+club.jpg

smrattler
07-03-2010, 11:49 PM
My head is spinning.

BadOdor
07-04-2010, 12:04 AM
Did faggs seriously think you could trade a coach for a player?

Wow.

Obstructed_View
07-04-2010, 12:20 AM
Fabbs is the biggest retard on this board, and that's saying something. ducks is certainly glad to have him around.

spurs10
07-04-2010, 12:28 AM
I'm not sure the point of these weird threads. The Spurs can't trade Pop for Bosh.

So, how do you intend to get Bosh here?

You can't answer your question without knowing who you are trading for Bosh.
Indeed!

spurs10
07-04-2010, 12:42 AM
I want some of what Fabbs is taking!

spursfaninla
07-04-2010, 01:37 AM
If Spurstalk lost Fabbs but had to keep Guiseppe and his laker lover, would it be worth it?

Almost.

Man In Black
07-04-2010, 03:32 AM
Seriously...if you're going to give us hypotheticals, at last set it up. A critical decision can't be made until as many variables needed to known are revealed.

If this was a date, all you've managed to do is show up. Is there dinner involved? Who is paying? Movie too? Romantic Comedy or Action Flick? Why do you have ring impression on your wallet?

Until you give us those variables, then the poll question pretty much...rhymes with ducks.

bigfan
07-04-2010, 08:27 AM
Popovich is the best coach in the league and has been for a very long time. Anyone who thinks there is a better coach out there is an idiot.

Fabbs
07-08-2010, 11:17 AM
Seriously...if you're going to give us hypotheticals, at last set it up. A critical decision can't be made until as many variables needed to known are revealed.

If this was a date, all you've managed to do is show up. Is there dinner involved? Who is paying? Movie too? Romantic Comedy or Action Flick? Why do you have ring impression on your wallet?

Until you give us those variables, then the poll question pretty much...rhymes with ducks.
For those of you who need some help...
1. Dick Jeff in a S&T along with Matty Bonner. Poopovich resigns in an outrage over the move and begins negotiations to coach Toronto.

2. Or, since no other team or coach was stupid enough to give Dick Jeff two years at 15 mil, lets go with one that Toronto would benefit from, keep it real. Tony Parker and Matt Bonehead S&T. Pop resigns after incurable transmittable disease found in he and Mike Finley.

As to #1 being a no-brainer, sorry. There are plenty of PopApologists who would not make that deal.

Fabbs
07-08-2010, 11:18 AM
65-53 favor Bosh over 'Popped.
Of course 90% of those 53 votes come from MultiTroll. :lol:lol

Better make up some new profiles, Multi.

DMX7
07-08-2010, 11:21 AM
Hell yes they would increase their chances. Players win championships, coaches just try not to screw it up.

spursfaninla
07-08-2010, 11:24 AM
This is barely basketball. It is some sort of reverse-pop-worship obsession.

Your little one-trick pony is dead; stop beating it.

Fabbs
05-30-2011, 08:50 PM
......The old Pop....maybe not so much of a trade. However, the dickhead that i've been seeing for the past 2-3 seasons...let him fly!!! Poor decisions one after the other. Good coaching don't make poor decisions consistently. Not a Phil Jax fan, but i can tell you, when Kobe is on fire, he let's him destroy your ass....not take him out to cool off...
67 voted for a better Spurs team this season with Bosh.
4 for Popped. (50 MultiTroll self non-counting votes)

So we have Bosh about ready to engage in the Finals.
Popped leading the Spurs to a 2-4 record and 1st round ouster.

Stump
05-30-2011, 08:57 PM
Okay, I didn't read much of the thread, but I think I can safely say that you are a moron.

kamikazi_player
05-30-2011, 09:27 PM
Okay, I didn't read much of the thread, but I think I can safely say that you are a moron.
:lol

ChuckD
05-30-2011, 09:42 PM
Bosh is like a 6'10" version of RJ. He's soft, passive, and rarely steps up in any meaningful way. He's also a third wheel paid like a first wheel. If you hate RJ's contract, you'll positively despise Bosh's.

Fabbs
05-31-2011, 12:00 AM
Bosh is like a 6'10" version of RJ. He's soft, passive, and rarely steps up in any meaningful way. He's also a third wheel paid like a first wheel. If you hate RJ's contract, you'll positively despise Bosh's.
You're seriously trying to say that Bosh on this past seasons Spurs roster instead of RJ would not have made a playoff difference.

I guess his 30/9 34/5 etc and averaging 19/8 along with some end of game altering shots have you putting Dick Jeffersons playoffs in the same catagory. :rollin
Are you yet another MultiTroll?

DeadlyDynasty
05-31-2011, 12:11 AM
Fabbs is on a crusade lately.

Axe Murderer
05-31-2011, 09:17 AM
Your proposed trade does not work at all.

Didn't say trade.

Stop stalking me.

Assume we get a Lakerlike Bosh for RJ and Finley or something likewise

Oh that trade, yes i said it.
I never said the trade will for a fact happen

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

wow

Axe Murderer
05-31-2011, 09:19 AM
http://starsmedia.ign.com/stars/image/article/975/975962/line-o-rama-ralph-wiggum-20090423033812157-000.jpg

When I mentioned trading RJ + Finley for Bosh, I wasn't talking about an actual trade! More backpedaling by me!

spurs777
05-31-2011, 10:39 AM
Bosh would become our 7th best player