PDA

View Full Version : Is the system so complex that a trade wouldn't do any good?

SpurNation
01-26-2010, 10:04 AM
Of course even if there were talks about bringing in another player via trade we wouldn't know about it.

But at this point...even if the perfect player to help this team were to be had...would it make a difference by the time the playoffs start?

I would think a seasoned big like Camby might. But then again...look at what happened with Gooden last year and is now playing good for the Mavs.

Is the system that hard to figure out and perfect?

Chieflion
01-26-2010, 10:09 AM
Some people thought Jefferson was the perfect fit, and would contribute right away. What do you say about this? Hindsight is 20/20. We can't say any big would be perfect, but it would be good to have a real starting big on the team.

cd98
01-26-2010, 10:15 AM
I'm tired of this "corporate knowledge" talk. We've had plenty of time to see that our team can't stop anyone. Six times the Bulls scored when they needed to in the fourth. We couldn't stop them.

This team needs more than a new player, it needs an identity. Do we run? Do we play half court? Are we all defense? Are we all offense? Are we small ball? Are we a three point shooting team? What kind of team are we? We could answer those questions back when we were winning championships (defensive team). Now I don't know what we do other than lose to any mid level talented team in the NBA.

Chomag
01-26-2010, 10:22 AM
I'm tired of this "corporate knowledge" talk. We've had plenty of time to see that our team can't stop anyone. Six times the Bulls scored when they needed to in the fourth. We couldn't stop them.

This team needs more than a new player, it needs an identity. Do we run? Do we play half court? Are we all defense? Are we all offense? Are we small ball? Are we a three point shooting team? What kind of team are we? We could answer those questions back when we were winning championships (defensive team). Now I don't know what we do other than lose to any mid level talented team in the NBA.

This x1

This has been completely lost since last season. What is the Spur Identity. Pop seems to have the Spurs alll over the map right now.

Dice
01-26-2010, 11:27 AM
I can say without a doubt that McDyess was struggling with the defensive system for the longest while. Never in his career has he looked so bad on the pick and roll but I've learned that he's just doing what he's supposed to do. Last night he got on to blair and hill in seperate occassions when they missed a rotation so I feel like he's getting it. But I would say that it contributed to his performance up till now. Plus even knowing the system he's going to look bad when he's forced by the system to stay with the guard out on the perimeter for a couple of extra steps before rotating or returning to his man. I guess Pop has his reasons. And it's not like it hasn't worked in the past.

TJastal
01-26-2010, 11:56 AM
I can say without a doubt that McDyess was struggling with the defensive system for the longest while. Never in his career has he looked so bad on the pick and roll but I've learned that he's just doing what he's supposed to do. Last night he got on to blair and hill in seperate occassions when they missed a rotation so I feel like he's getting it. But I would say that it contributed to his performance up till now. Plus even knowing the system he's going to look bad when he's forced by the system to stay with the guard out on the perimeter for a couple of extra steps before rotating or returning to his man. I guess Pop has his reasons. And it's not like it hasn't worked in the past.

I think the system Pop uses is everyone rotates a step when that happens until the "picked" man recovers back, it works if everyone is on the ball and paying attention.