PDA

View Full Version : Effects of spending too much time on the bench.

xellos88330
01-26-2010, 11:48 AM
I was wondering if you all think that riding the bench and collecting a paycheck makes you work harder, or lulls you into a sense of contentment and realizing you are making free money while staying in shape.

It is my opinion that the Spurs bench be put to the real test and are forced to really earn their money when it matters. Put them in front of the firing squad (critics) and lets see how they perform. If they don't... they are bench players and are expendable.

Besides, the team is losing with their better players in anyways.

Discuss...

TJastal
01-26-2010, 12:18 PM
Well first of all, somebody needs to whack Popovich upside the head and tell him that reducing the rotation to 8 players will have catastrophic results if he keeps that up over any length of time. It's almost as if the guy has flown over the cuckoo's nest.

As for your question, if you are talking about mainly the younger guys I would agree. At this point, I woud defenitely bring Hairston back on the team and start him playing Bogans' former minutes, and also Ian for 10-15m a game.

I'm not sure why Matt Bonner has fallen out of favor either. Get him back playing his usual 10-15.

hater
01-26-2010, 12:20 PM
Mahinmi, what a waste. You'd think the way the Bulls frontline was sodomizing the Spurs, Pop would consider using him :pctoss

Dice
01-26-2010, 12:27 PM
Mahinmi, what a waste. You'd think the way the Bulls frontline was sodomizing the Spurs, Pop would consider using him :pctoss

Last night Rose and Hinrich are what killed us.

Didn't even need a pick in most cases-just shook their man and hit jumpers in the defenders faces.

TJastal
01-26-2010, 12:59 PM
Last night Rose and Hinrich are what killed us.

Didn't even need a pick in most cases-just shook their man and hit jumpers in the defenders faces.

Yep not much the spurs could do last night. Not even Bogans would have done much, tbh. He doesn't have the length or hops to contest either one. Bowen otoh would have been able to bother their shots. Why'd you get old, Bruce? :p

This is why I think they need to call up Hairston and fly him back to SA and insert him in the lineup, and give him some good minutes to see what he can do.