PDA

View Full Version : SI.com Roundtable: Is Cavs' sweep of Lakers a sign of things to come?

duncan228
01-26-2010, 01:43 PM
Roundtable: Is Cavs' sweep of Lakers a sign of things to come? (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/basketball/nba/01/26/roundtable/index.html)

What do you take away from the Cavaliers' two-game regular-season sweep of the Lakers?

Ian Thomsen: The Cavs match up well, between their length up front and their strong team defense. Plus, they undoubtedly are, as Kobe Bryant suggested, hungrier than the Lakers right now. The lesson of this highly fluid season is that it's too early to reach conclusions. It started with the Celtics looking like the team to beat, then the Lakers, and now there is reason to believe Los Angeles will have trouble defending its championship should Cleveland reach the Finals -- all of this with the second half of the season still to come.

Frank Hughes: If the Cavaliers and Lakers met in a seven-game series, I'm not sure Cleveland would beat them. I still think L.A. is the best team in the league when healthy. But at the very least, it puts LeBron James on a Kobe Bryant level, if he wasn't already there. He will not be his complete equal until he wins a title and removes any doubts, but LeBron has effectively established himself as the best player in the league.

Jack McCallum: Besides the fact that LeBron is pretty good? Mainly this: The Cavaliers believe they can beat anybody. Their confidence is as high as any team, and no matter what they've said in the past, they never felt like this before. That hauteur, along with James and the experience of Shaquille O'Neal, will get them to the Finals.

Chris Mannix: If I'm the Lakers, I'm most disappointed in the play of Ron Artest. Much has been made about Artest's decision to play for the Lakers on the cheap. But he has to, you know, still play. Artest has offered little resistance for James, who's averaging 29.9 points, shooting 50.6 percent from the floor and dishing out 7.8 assists per game. Artest is not playing like the championship-caliber defender L.A. thought they were getting, no matter what kind of bargain they got on him.

Donkeybong
01-26-2010, 02:18 PM
Artest was defensively beasting before his Christmas day suckfest.

Allanon
01-26-2010, 02:23 PM
Cavs have to worry about getting out of the East first.

They lost to the Celtics.

ECF before Finals.

Double-Up
01-26-2010, 02:24 PM
It sure as fuck is. :lol

namlook
01-26-2010, 03:02 PM
"Chris Mannix: If I'm the Lakers, I'm most disappointed in the play of Ron Artest. Much has been made about Artest's decision to play for the Lakers on the cheap. But he has to, you know, still play. Artest has offered little resistance for James"

Do your homework, nimrod. Artest was suffering from Plantar Fasciitis in his feet when that game was played and he still has it. Artest was playing great before that and the Lakers were #1 in FG% defense. DOH!

j.dizzle
01-26-2010, 03:33 PM
LOl at all these so called "experts"..How do they even get that job, half of these fools just talk out of their asses most of the time.

bostonguy
01-26-2010, 04:07 PM
After the Cavs land Jamison, that will be the nail in the coffin for the rest of the league.