PDA

View Full Version : Dogfish Head Palo Santo Marron

baseline bum
01-26-2010, 02:32 PM
Anyone tried this?

http://www.dogfish.com/files/imagecache/bottleGridSize/palo-santo-marron.png

I just picked up a four-pack the other day, and this thing's a monster. I'm usually more of a hop-head when it comes to beer, and this sweet malt beverage is about the antithesis of the IPAs I'm usually into, but damn, it's smooth. It's a brown ale, like say, a much much much much better and thicker Newcastle. It's aged in some crazy-ass wood from Paraguay, and is 12% ABV. Anyways, I highly recommended as a pretty unique beer that's got lots of balls in departing so far from the norm.

hWNo2oKNmTU

tvkpFYvyQW0

Drachen
01-26-2010, 02:47 PM
I love DogFish Head Brewing company. They have a great selection of quality beers. Actually, I have had pretty good luck with any beer company with the word "Dog" in their name (Flying Dog, etc.)

Bender
01-26-2010, 03:02 PM
nope.

however, I picked up a bottle of arrogant bastard from Spec's the other day, based on baseline bum's recommendation in a prior Beer thread.

It's still in my fridge, I haven't been in the mood yet.

I wonder if Spec's has Dogfish Head

baseline bum
01-26-2010, 03:08 PM
nope.

however, I picked up a bottle of arrogant bastard from Spec's the other day, based on baseline bum's recommendation in a prior Beer thread.

It's still in my fridge, I haven't been in the mood yet.

I wonder if Spec's has Dogfish Head

Yeah, they have a few selections from them, including this one. Arrogant Bastard is pretty freaking badass.

Bender
01-26-2010, 03:11 PM
actually I picked it up a few weeks after that Beer thread a while back. You were really recommending it... Been in my fridge probably a couple weeks by now... hope it's ok.

crappy domestic beers with twist-off tops get skunky after being in the fridge too long.

I guess I'll drink the Bastard when the next spurs game is on tv...

I go to spec's around once a week, usually for cigars though.

Fpoonsie
01-26-2010, 03:22 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_KgIqQvYUs3I/Sf7Yanib_cI/AAAAAAAANLU/BwaGWyBtwjI/s400/Xingu33.jpg

Have you tried Xingu yet, bb? It's a black beer from Brazil. Delicious. It's not very hoppy, but I'm not a big fan of hops anyways. Typically steer clear of IPAs.

leemajors
01-26-2010, 03:28 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_KgIqQvYUs3I/Sf7Yanib_cI/AAAAAAAANLU/BwaGWyBtwjI/s400/Xingu33.jpg

Have you tried Xingu yet, bb? It's a black beer from Brazil. Delicious. It's not very hoppy, but I'm not a big fan of hops anyways. Typically steer clear of IPAs.

I've had it, but the novelty wore off during the second one I had.

Fpoonsie
01-26-2010, 03:30 PM
I've had it, but the novelty wore off during the second one I had.

Really? Hmm...

Well, to be honest, I've only had a couple, so I may still be enjoying the "honeymoon period" with it, so to speak.

leemajors
01-26-2010, 03:48 PM
Anyone tried this?

http://www.dogfish.com/files/imagecache/bottleGridSize/palo-santo-marron.png

I just picked up a four-pack the other day, and this thing's a monster. I'm usually more of a hop-head when it comes to beer, and this sweet malt beverage is about the antithesis of the IPAs I'm usually into, but damn, it's smooth. It's a brown ale, like say, a much much much much better and thicker Newcastle. It's aged in some crazy-ass wood from Paraguay, and is 12% ABV. Anyways, I highly recommended as a pretty unique beer that's got lots of balls in departing so far from the norm.

hWNo2oKNmTU

tvkpFYvyQW0

I've had it, and it was interesting. I don't know if I would fork out for a whole 4 pack, but in 1 OZ pours at GABF it was good. I like their Red & White too, but am squeamish about forking over > $12 for a bomber of it.

PuttPutt
01-26-2010, 08:11 PM
Dogfish is good quality beer. Haven't had one in about a year though. I've been drinking a local brewery's ale in my area. Ironhorse Brewery's "Quilter's Irish Death." It's difficult to come by if you are not in the Pacific Northwest. But they have good beers. The brewery is on 25 minutes from my house.

scott
01-27-2010, 12:50 AM
Love the Pal Santo Marron - probably my favorite offerings from DFH, and ages quite well, even if slightly oxidized. The sherry-like flavors that develop compliment the beer quite well.

JudynTX
01-27-2010, 11:31 AM
BB, are you a beer connoisseur?

baseline bum
01-27-2010, 04:16 PM
BB, are you a beer connoisseur?

Definitely not at the level of scott, leemajors, or Notorious H.O.P., but I do love to try new things.