PDA

View Full Version : James flippin' O'Keefe (ACORN headcase) Arrested

Pages : [1] 2

ashbeeigh
01-26-2010, 04:00 PM
ACORN gotcha man among four arrested for attempting to bug Mary Landrieu's office

By David Hammer, The Times-Picayune
January 26, 2010, 1:53PM

YouTube Filmmaker James O'Keefe dressed as a pimp before entering ACORN offices last year. O'Keefe was arrested Monday after attempting to wiretap U.S. Sen. Mary Landrieu's office phones in New Orleans.The FBI, alleging a plot to wiretap Democratic Sen. Mary Landrieu's office in downtown New Orleans, arrested four people Monday, including James O'Keefe, a conservative filmmaker whose undercover videos at ACORN field offices severely damaged the advocacy group's credibility.

FBI Special Agent Steven Rayes alleges that O'Keefe aided and abetted two others, Joseph Basel and Robert Flanagan, who dressed up as employees of a telephone company and attempted to interfere with the office's telephone system.

A fourth person, Stan Dai, was accused of aiding and abetting Basel and Flanagan. All four were charged with entering fedral property under false pretenses with the intent of committing a felony.

A witness from Landrieu's staff said O'Keefe was present in the office and claimed to be "waiting for someone to arrive."

"Because the details of yesterday's incident are part of an ongoing investigation by federal authorities, our office cannot comment at this time," said Landrieu spokesman Aaron Saunders.

O'Keefe on Thursday gave a speech to Libertarian Pelican Institute for Public Policy in New Orleans. O'Keefe was hailed as a conservative hero for dressing as a pimp and taping ACORN employees offering advice on how he and a partner could get away with running an international under-age prostitution scheme.

The New Orleans event was promoted with this glowing statement about O'Keefe by the Pelican Institute: "James has been a pioneer in the use of new media to drive these kinds of important stories. He will discuss the role of new media and show examples of effective investigative reporting."

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2010/01/acorn_gotcha_man_arrested_for.html

While I don't know how much this is going to stand up in court, since he wasn't doing any actual tampering, but my god. If I could see this sucker go down it would make my life.

Winehole23
01-26-2010, 04:10 PM
He is a pioneer in the use of the new media in investigative reporting. Maybe to a fault.

Marcus Bryant
01-26-2010, 04:13 PM
Well, he did crimp that racket's style.

ChumpDumper
01-26-2010, 04:14 PM
WTF were they trying to listen to?

Winehole23
01-26-2010, 04:14 PM
O'Keefe tried to bug a US Senator. Allegedly.

Sounds like a more balls than brains scenario.

Marcus Bryant
01-26-2010, 04:16 PM
O'Keefe tried to bug a US Senator. Allegedly.

Sounds like a more balls than brains scenario.

True.

coyotes_geek
01-26-2010, 04:18 PM
I guess once you "enjoy" the limelight by becoming a hero to the partisans you'll do anything to duplicate the feat. Somewhere out there I'm sure Joe the Plumber is doing whatever he can to keep himself abuzz.

Marcus Bryant
01-26-2010, 04:18 PM
Of course, regardless of a conviction, this event will be used to prove that what you saw in his prior work was somehow invalid.

ashbeeigh
01-26-2010, 04:20 PM
Dear God someone fix my spelling error. It cannot be fixed! I'm sorry, i try to contain my ditziness to the Club but it appears to have crossed over.

jack sommerset
01-26-2010, 04:22 PM
Of course, regardless of a conviction, this event will be used to prove that what you saw in his prior work was somehow invalid.

:lol That's why Ash posted it.

ashbeeigh
01-26-2010, 04:28 PM
:lol That's why Ash posted it.

Well, of course it is. :D

That and I still want to punch the guy in the balls for all the shit I've had to go through.

Marcus Bryant
01-26-2010, 04:29 PM
Then again, this is Louisiana. What couldn't you dredge up if you managed to listen in on a politician's phone calls?

Winehole23
01-26-2010, 04:30 PM
No doubt O'Keefe will paint himself as a saintly victim of a vindictive state now that the FBI has revealed its own narrative about him to the media.

Marcus Bryant
01-26-2010, 04:32 PM
Probably.

ashbeeigh
01-26-2010, 04:38 PM
And here's the affidavit http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/012610_affidavit.pdf

spursncowboys
01-26-2010, 04:40 PM
While I don't know how much this is going to stand up in court, since he wasn't doing any actual tampering, but my god. If I could see this sucker go down it would make my life.
Why do you want to see this guys' life ruined? That's disturbing to me.

Winehole23
01-26-2010, 04:45 PM
Maybe he ruined it himself first, without any help from ashbeeigh.

George Gervin's Afro
01-26-2010, 04:51 PM

Poetic justice..:lmao

I wonder if Fox news is going to parade him around again?

ashbeeigh
01-26-2010, 04:51 PM
Why do you want to see this guys' life ruined? That's disturbing to me.

Just read the original ACORN thread. It'll clear a lot of things up.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134685

Marcus Bryant
01-26-2010, 04:59 PM
So he ruined someone else's gravy train before ruining his own.

Marcus Bryant
01-26-2010, 05:01 PM
Or, there are more than the two mind-numbing, cable news driven sides that will shout at each other about this.

Marcus Bryant
01-26-2010, 05:03 PM
ACORN was all peaches and cream and deserving of big fat federal contracts before the big meanie Right-Winger showed up with his camera and tail.

Sweet poor little O'Keefe got busted by Obama the Moslem's henchmen for trying to expose the truth about a RAT senator.

Yawn.

George Gervin's Afro
01-26-2010, 05:03 PM
Just read the original ACORN thread. It'll clear a lot of things up.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134685

Sometimes people need a reality check to realize how hypocritical they are.

Marcus Bryant
01-26-2010, 05:05 PM
Maybe both "sides" are full of shit.

Marcus Bryant
01-26-2010, 05:06 PM
I know, either you are with us or you are against us.

George Gervin's Afro
01-26-2010, 05:10 PM
Maybe both "sides" are full of shit.

I agree.. but the obama haters seem to think it started with him..

Winehole23
01-26-2010, 05:11 PM
Not a bit. They were an inconsequential pinata yesterday, they still are today. Now everybody's lining up for a whack. Does that make them important?

No. It just makes them a pinata.

I don't take issue with denying ACORN money. What I do take issue with is the elevation of triviality to national importance. The importance and relevance of ACORN is mythical. It spreads stupidity.My take from the other thread.

Marcus Bryant
01-26-2010, 05:12 PM
I do wonder what the spin will be. Something like 'ever since we exposed ACORN the FBI has followed us around, including to the senator's office we tried to wiretap'....

Marcus Bryant
01-26-2010, 05:18 PM
http://www.lamebook.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/liltmi4.png

George Gervin's Afro
01-26-2010, 05:26 PM
I do wonder what the spin will be. Something like 'ever since we exposed ACORN the FBI has followed us around, including to the senator's office we tried to wiretap'....

Fox news and talk radio will blame Obama (it is the FBI afterall). they will then refoucs their efforts to paint ACORN as the devil.

mark my words...

spursncowboys
01-26-2010, 05:26 PM

I'm not taking the blame off of okeef. I am just wondering why ashbeeigh wants someone to go down. Did ashbeeigh know him?

baseline bum
01-26-2010, 05:28 PM
I'm not taking the blame off of okeef. I am just wondering why ashbeeigh wants someone to go down. Did ashbeeigh know him?

You wouldn't be pissed at someone who cost you your job in the middle of the worst economic collapse since the 30s?

spursncowboys
01-26-2010, 05:33 PM
You wouldn't be pissed at someone who cost you your job in the middle of the worst economic collapse since the 30s?
Just like I wouldn't take blame away from okeef if he did this, I won't take blame away from ACORN.
ACORN committed the crimes, correct? They were doing some shady stuff before the pimp crap.

ashbeeigh
01-26-2010, 05:33 PM

I just PMed him. I don't want to derail my own thread into a woe is me I don't have a job thread. There's already one of those in the Club that I can post in at any given time.

Marcus Bryant
01-26-2010, 05:34 PM
Would you not be pissed at those who led the organization and allowed the problem to develop rather than at those who exposed it?

spursncowboys
01-26-2010, 05:35 PM
I just PMed him. I don't want to derail my own thread into a woe is me I don't have a job thread. There's already one of those in the Club that I can post in at any given time.

I got the pm. Thanks for the direct answer.

Winehole23
01-26-2010, 05:36 PM
The problem itself was a contrivance of the sting. ACORN didn't propose the scheme to O'Keefe, he propounded it to them and like dummies, some of them went along with it.

O'Keefe was the pimp.

Marcus Bryant
01-26-2010, 05:38 PM
You have to admit, though, what he presented was fairly obviously something that you shouldn't do, much like attempting to wiretap a US Senator's office.

spursncowboys
01-26-2010, 05:39 PM
The problem itself was a contrivance of the sting. ACORN didn't propose the scheme to O'Keefe, he propounded it to them and like dummies, some of them went along with it.

O'Keefe was the pimp.

It was unethical and immoral what they did. They gave him advice to keep his illegal functions to operate and then gave him tips on how to be more profitable with govt. money and how not to get caught.
http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1384643694140&id=f2d89b0e94614cf7cd3444a32503bd48&url=http%3a%2f%2fprofile.ak.fbcdn.net%2fobject3%2f 1165%2f71%2fn49913158650_9204.jpg
As Jimmy would say, it's like come on.

Winehole23
01-26-2010, 05:39 PM
Much like that, yes, to both previous posters.

spursncowboys
01-26-2010, 05:40 PM
You have to admit, though, what he presented was fairly obviously something that you shouldn't do, much like attempting to wiretap a US Senator's office.

:toast touche

TeyshaBlue
01-26-2010, 05:40 PM

bingo

Marcus Bryant
01-26-2010, 05:41 PM
I will grant you that out of a $3 trillion annual federal budget, there are bigger fish to fry.

ashbeeigh
01-26-2010, 05:43 PM
I got the pm. Thanks for the direct answer.

Yep. no problem. And I think I outlined pretty well in that thread why I worked for them and all that jazz. So if there are any questions you (or anyone here) can ask.

Marcus Bryant
01-26-2010, 05:43 PM
Oh well, at least both sides will have lost, I think.

Then again, ACORN is a rallying cry for the zombie left as much as this will be for the zombie right.

Marcus Bryant
01-26-2010, 05:44 PM
No mention on biggovernment.com thusfar.

Marcus Bryant
01-26-2010, 05:46 PM
Intent will be the defense, of course. Why, we intended to show corruption. Ergo, what we did is not wrong.

spursncowboys
01-26-2010, 05:48 PM
I will grant you that out of a $3 trillion annual federal budget, there are bigger fish to fry.

“You cannot be disciplined in great things and indiscipline in small things."
- General George S. Patton Jr, May 1941,

Marcus Bryant
01-26-2010, 05:50 PM
See the forest, not the trees.

Winehole23
01-26-2010, 05:55 PM
Malkin (http://rawstory.com/2010/01/ouch-conservative-malkin-disowns-acorn-pimp-wiretap-bust/) throws O'Keefe overboard.

Marcus Bryant
01-26-2010, 05:58 PM
Perhaps I'm wrong and others of Malkin's ilk will pile on now.

spursncowboys
01-26-2010, 05:59 PM
Malkin
"This is neither a time to joke nor a time to recklessly accuse Democrats/liberals of setting this up nor a time to whine about media coverage double standards,"

spursncowboys
01-26-2010, 05:59 PM
No mention on biggovernment.com thusfar.

@andrewbreitbart My statement on James O'Keefe arrest & accompanying AP story posted on all three Big sites: http://tinyurl.com/yjrhp53

boutons_deux
01-26-2010, 06:08 PM
You Stay Classy, Right-Wing Whores.

These stingers are already in legal trouble in PA where it's a crime to record someone without telling them.

The intimidated Dickless Dems piling on ACORN along with the Repug jackboot chorus to cut off funding was typical Dem. The cutoff of funds to ACORN was ruled unconstitutional.

ACORN's only crime was registering huge numbers of have-nots to vote (against the Repug haves).

chickenshit Repugs don't like a fair fight against other (non-white, non-wealthy) citizens. They'd rather remove their rights altogether.

DarrinS
01-26-2010, 06:28 PM
Wow. This certainly doesn't help.

Still doesn't change my mind about ACORN.

Sorry OP.

ChumpDumper
01-26-2010, 06:28 PM
Just like I wouldn't take blame away from okeef if he did this, I won't take blame away from ACORN.
ACORN committed the crimes, correct? They were doing some shady stuff before the pimp crap.Which laws did ACORN break?

I think I remember two or three of their employees arrested for voter registration violations, and that's about it.

SouthernFried
01-26-2010, 06:30 PM
Man...I wish he'd succeeded.

Be nice for someone to wire govt offices...rather than vice versa.

Loved to have heard what the "Senator" was doing as well.

Should it be illegal to wiretap a congressman's office?

I dunno, I wish they were all wiretapped....all the time. Who they keeping secrets from on company time? Backroom deals being wiretapped seems like a good use for...uh, wiretapping to moi.

Just substitute Nixon or Bush being wiretapped instead of this Senator...and you'll prolly come around ;)

"But, I would NEVER support something like this...ever!"

well, ok then.

ChumpDumper
01-26-2010, 06:41 PM

I dunno, I wish they were all wiretapped....all the time. Who they keeping secrets from on company time? Backroom deals being wiretapped seems like a good use for...uh, wiretapping to moi.

Just substitute Nixon or Bush being wiretapped instead of this Senator...and you'll prolly come around ;)

well, ok then.Nixon wiretapped himself.

I am not surprised you have no respect for the law. :toast

SouthernFried
01-26-2010, 06:59 PM
Nixon wiretapped himself.

I am not surprised you have no respect for the law. :toast

I'm not surprised your an idiot.

Let's drink to no surprises :toast

TeyshaBlue
01-26-2010, 07:04 PM
You Stay Classy, Right-Wing Whores.

Stay clueles, myopic patisan hacks!:toast

ChumpDumper
01-26-2010, 07:20 PM
I'm not surprised your an idiot.:lol

Let's drink to no surprises :toastI'm not surprised you completely kicked yourself in the ass trying to insult me. :toast

SouthernFried
01-26-2010, 07:27 PM
:lol

I'm not surprised you completely kicked yourself in the ass trying to insult me. :toast

Really, dude...it was a compliment.

Some people are just too sensitive....

Marcus Bryant
01-26-2010, 07:28 PM
@andrewbreitbart My statement on James O'Keefe arrest & accompanying AP story posted on all three Big sites: http://tinyurl.com/yjrhp53

Damn. That looks like an obituary.

Also: 'We know NOTHING.'

ChumpDumper
01-26-2010, 07:36 PM
Really, dude...it was a compliment.Thanks! :toast

Some people are just too sensitive....I didn't realize you consider the word "idiot" a compliment.

Consider yourself similarly complimented, idiot. :toast

spursncowboys
01-26-2010, 10:17 PM

well, ok then.
JFK and LBJ were wiretapping political opponents.

spursncowboys
01-26-2010, 10:20 PM
Damn. That looks like an obituary.

Also: 'We know NOTHING.'
I got it from my twitter. If that's what you mean.

Marcus Bryant
01-26-2010, 10:24 PM
What you do with your twitter is your own bidness.

I was referring to the story on the website.

boutons_deux
01-26-2010, 10:28 PM
As filthy Tricky Dick Nixon said (one of the classiest Repugs ever)

"It's not what you do, it's what you get caught doing"

Nbadan
01-27-2010, 12:58 AM
Ha! O'Keefe got busted trying another GOP dirty trick.....serves him right...plus, he still has charges on the ACORN case, which as I previously posted, was completely misrepresented by O'Keefe, bigbovernment.org and FAUX News....good to see there is still karma in the world...now lets destroy bg.org and Faux...

Wild Cobra
01-27-2010, 01:39 AM
He is a pioneer in the use of the new media in investigative reporting. Maybe to a fault.
Isn't this what started Watergate...

ChumpDumper
01-27-2010, 01:42 AM
Isn't this what started Watergate...So do you think anyone else is involved?

Wild Cobra
01-27-2010, 01:51 AM
So do you think anyone else is involved?
There were probably others in the planing, but that's just a guess.

ChumpDumper
01-27-2010, 01:56 AM
There were probably others in the planing, but that's just a guess.I think some other stupid kids may be involved. I can't believe anyone of note would be trying to make the plumbers 2.0 include such a high profile douche.

Winehole23
01-27-2010, 03:56 AM

I dunno, I wish they were all wiretapped....all the time. We know they do it sometimes (http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/archives/rogue_agents_tipped_pelosi_to_harman_wiretap/).

I guess you don't think congressmen deserve to enjoy the same sort of freedom you and me do, SF. You'd monitor everything they do, eavesdrop on every phone call.

In that sort of scenario SouthernFried, do you suppose any sane politician would ever say anything of importance on the phone?

Winehole23
01-27-2010, 04:33 AM
Somehow, I doubt you thought this through very far.

Winehole23
01-27-2010, 05:09 AM
JFK and LBJ were wiretapping political opponents.Does that make it ok for someone else to do so?

Winehole23
01-27-2010, 06:02 AM
And here's the affidavit http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/012610_affidavit.pdfPoints 2, 5, 9 and 10 express it simply.

Thank God for Fox News.

EmptyMan
01-27-2010, 10:18 AM
I wonder if they used the stick on mustaches to really get into character.

jack sommerset
01-27-2010, 11:06 AM
LOL@wiretapping a Senator! If that is true, he will be in jail a very long time.

DarrinS
01-27-2010, 11:10 AM
One thing that is striking about this is that the MSM really jumped on this story of O'Keefe's arrest, while it took them seemingly forever to cover O'Keefe's ACORN videos.

DarrinS
01-27-2010, 11:11 AM
Keith Olbermann actually led with this story last night and compared it to watergate.

Is it just me, or is the POTUS waaaaaaay more significant than this O'Keefe dude?

DarrinS
01-27-2010, 11:22 AM
Tingles is about to blow his wad over this.

Also, Pat Buchanan (of all people) actually raises some very good points. What, exactly, were O'Keefe et. al. trying to glean from this alleged wire tapping?

N4jkDYilzCs

coyotes_geek
01-27-2010, 11:26 AM
What, exactly, were O'Keefe et. al. trying to glean from this alleged wire tapping?

What does it matter? What they did was illegal.

DarrinS
01-27-2010, 11:28 AM
What does it matter? What they did was illegal.

I agree. But the whole thing is so stupid, it just makes me curious what they were trying to uncover.

rjv
01-27-2010, 11:33 AM
ahh-if only prosecutors could be so insightful as buchanan and think not of the crime but rather the political motivations of the acts themselves.

DarrinS
01-27-2010, 11:39 AM
ahh-if only prosecutors could be so insightful as buchanan and think not of the crime but rather the political motivations of the acts themselves.

If they are convicted of a crime, they should be punished. I'm still curious what the hell they were looking for.

admiralsnackbar
01-27-2010, 11:39 AM
One thing that is striking about this is that the MSM really jumped on this story of O'Keefe's arrest, while it took them seemingly forever to cover O'Keefe's ACORN videos.

"Seemingly forever?" Really?

That's funny... my recollection was that the MSM covered both stories as they emerged, although Fox had a head start on everyone because O'Keefe gave it to them to break it.

DarrinS
01-27-2010, 11:49 AM

That's funny... my recollection was that the MSM covered both stories as they emerged, although Fox had a head start on everyone because O'Keefe gave it to them to break it.

:rolleyes

coyotes_geek
01-27-2010, 12:00 PM
I agree. But the whole thing is so stupid, it just makes me curious what they were trying to uncover.

Given their previous M.O. and Landrieu's role in the health care bill / "louisiana purchase" I'm sure they were just hoping to get some dirt on the back room deals so that they could pull another "gotcha" campaign. Where exactly they thought that could lead I have no idea because I'm pretty sure we're all aware that such back room dealings go on all the time in Washington.

George Gervin's Afro
01-27-2010, 12:03 PM

Feel the same about Fox News..they whored the Acorn story and ignored this one.

George Gervin's Afro
01-27-2010, 12:07 PM
Where exactly they thought that could lead I have no idea because I'm pretty sure we're all aware that such back room dealings go on all the time in Washington.

coyotes_geek
01-27-2010, 12:10 PM
Got a point you'd like to make GGA?

Marcus Bryant
01-27-2010, 12:27 PM
Some want to know what they were looking for.

Others want to convict everyone they've shaken hands with or perhaps have had warm feelings about.

There's the alleged crime itself which will be examined in a court of law, and then there is the court of cable news punditry which will seek the death penalty or possible idolatry on Mount Rushmore.

Or, if you're really bored, and liquor or coke doesn't cut it anymore, you'll always have cable.

Hope for the Republic lies in the fact that even the grand master of cable political punditry, FoxNews, has something like 7 million out of the country's population of 300 as nightly viewers. Or, a little over 2%.

Wild Cobra
01-27-2010, 12:50 PM
I didn't quite understand what I heard on the news this morning, but my impression was there is no evidence they were going to do any wiretapping. That would mean that they had no equipment with them to be able to.

Did I hear things wrong?

Marcus Bryant
01-27-2010, 01:09 PM
Preliminary, limited info would seem to confirm that. Looks like the access to federal property under false pretensies charge, and aiding such access has some teeth. Again, based on preliminary, limited info.

coyotes_geek
01-27-2010, 01:16 PM
I didn't quite understand what I heard on the news this morning, but my impression was there is no evidence they were going to do any wiretapping. That would mean that they had no equipment with them to be able to.

Did I hear things wrong?

By strict legal definition, that could be the case. I didn't notice anything in the affidavit that specifically mentioned wiretapping equipment.

By common sense, give me a f-cking break. They didn't dress up in hard hats and flourescent vests and ask to be granted access to the telephone closet because they were looking for a private place where they could practice their audition for the Village People.

DarrinS
01-27-2010, 01:30 PM
Feel the same about Fox News..they whored the Acorn story and ignored this one.

Well, you're right in the sense that Hannity, O'Reilly, and Beck haven't talked about it, but their shows aren't NEWS.

First two clips on this video prove you wrong.

IfeUpkTlhwA

DarrinS
01-27-2010, 01:32 PM
And it's also the 2nd headline on http://www.foxnews.com/

doobs
01-27-2010, 01:38 PM

You have a very forgiving memory.

George Gervin's Afro
01-27-2010, 01:55 PM
Well, you're right in the sense that Hannity, O'Reilly, and Beck haven't talked about it, but their shows aren't NEWS.

First two clips on this video prove you wrong.

IfeUpkTlhwA

I'm curious to see if they keep reporting on this story for 2 or 3 weeks like the Acorn story..That was more my point. I saw the links on Fox news..nice and tucked away..I seem to rememember blaring headlines for ACORN.. but I guess we can see how long they keep reporting on this.

Marcus Bryant
01-27-2010, 02:05 PM
http://www.lamebook.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/lick-it-up.png

spursncowboys
01-27-2010, 02:06 PM

Breitbart broke it. It was news for almost a week after it came out b4 msm wrote about it. Even jon stewart called them out for avoiding the story.

ashbeeigh
01-27-2010, 02:11 PM
I really don't care if it gets covered. As long as I eventually find out James O'Keefe ends up in jail, whether it be through a quick e-mail from an old co-worker, a phone call or all this, for some amount of time (preferably longer than 4 months).

doobs
01-27-2010, 02:15 PM
I really don't care if it gets covered. As long as I eventually find out James O'Keefe ends up in jail, whether it be through a quick e-mail from an old co-worker, a phone call or all this, for some amount of time (preferably longer than 4 months).

I don't understand why you're so mad at him. You SHOULD be mad at the idiots at ACORN.

spursncowboys
01-27-2010, 02:25 PM
i don't understand why you're so mad at him. You should be mad at the idiots at acorn.

+1

jack sommerset
01-27-2010, 02:27 PM
I don't understand why you're so mad at him. You SHOULD be mad at the idiots at ACORN.

No shit. One doesn't have to do with the other. They are all crooks. Sometimes it takes a crook to catch a crook.

admiralsnackbar
01-27-2010, 02:30 PM
Breitbart broke it. It was news for almost a week after it came out b4 msm wrote about it. Even jon stewart called them out for avoiding the story.

Jon Stewart called the MSN out for allowing two kids to scoop them, not for delaying coverage once it broke. Otherwise, I stand corrected.

George Gervin's Afro
No shit. One doesn't have to do with the other. They are all crooks. Sometimes it takes a crook to catch a crook.

now this is something i can gree with jackie

jack sommerset
Maybe the reporter is being set up.

Winehole23
01-27-2010, 02:31 PM
You have a very forgiving memory.More accurate, I would say. The AP story came out on 9/9/2009. The NYT ran it on 9/14.

admiralsnackbar
01-27-2010, 02:33 PM
Maybe the reporter is being set up.

While the facts aren't all in, I don't think anybody made O'Keefe impersonate a telephone repairman.

jack sommerset
01-27-2010, 02:40 PM
While the facts aren't all in, I don't think anybody made O'Keefe impersonate a telephone repairman.

He was?

admiralsnackbar
01-27-2010, 02:43 PM
He was?

Reading fail on my part... he allegedly aided and abetted two who did. I'm on fire today. :lol

ashbeeigh
01-27-2010, 02:45 PM

Of course I am mad at them, too.

jack sommerset
01-27-2010, 02:47 PM
Reading fail on my part... he allegedly aided and abetted two who did. I'm on fire today. :lol

I have no clue whats up with this story.

doobs
01-27-2010, 03:16 PM
More accurate, I would say. The AP story came out on 9/9/2009. The NYT ran it on 9/14.

Ah, a 5 day lag between the AP story and the NYT story. That totally proves his "reporting as it emerged" memory as being accurate.

admiralsnackbar
01-27-2010, 03:25 PM
Ah, a 5 day lag between the AP story and the NYT story. That totally proves his "reporting as it emerged" memory as being accurate.

I concede I was wrong about other wire services/networks picking up the story in a timely fashion, but it still strikes me odd that the AP isn't considered mainstream.

spursncowboys
01-27-2010, 03:44 PM
More accurate, I would say. The AP story came out on 9/9/2009. The NYT ran it on 9/14.
WHere did you get that info from? I was wondering when breitbart posted it and I think the next day Fox covered it.

elbamba
01-27-2010, 03:49 PM

Maybe he is a method actor and he was just preparing for his next role.

SouthernFried
01-27-2010, 04:16 PM
I wonder if he's got any good stuff on any of 'em. Mebbe he's done it before and is producing another expose?

I still wish he hadn't been caught. I dislike almost all politicians, and don't mind evesdropping on the shit they trying to do to us while we're paying their salaries.

Then again, I'd like to see 80% of 'em tarred and feathered...seriously.

...that's illegal too, right?

pffft.

spursncowboys
01-27-2010, 04:18 PM
People that make the rules will always make more rules to protect and pay themselves.

SouthernFried
01-27-2010, 04:20 PM
Oh, well...open season for politians will come...sooner or later.

Keep those feather pillows handeeee

admiralsnackbar
01-27-2010, 04:29 PM
I still wish he hadn't been caught. I dislike almost all politicians, and don't mind evesdropping on the shit they trying to do to us while we're paying their salaries.

I hear what you're saying, but if this clown had gotten away with it (and I miraculously caught wind of it), I'd be a little concerned about how well we protect ourselves from espionage from similar rinky-dink outfits like, say, Al Qaeda.

Marcus Bryant
01-27-2010, 04:39 PM
Yeah, who cares about laws win yew know deys dewing sumthang rwong?!?

Marcus Bryant
01-27-2010, 04:41 PM
Fuck laws. 'cepts for dem dat give wal-marts dems 41st amendments rights! wal-mart's great grandaddy fought for dems rights.

Marcus Bryant
01-27-2010, 04:41 PM
Fucking retards.

spursncowboys
01-27-2010, 04:43 PM
crumpets and tea

Marcus Bryant
01-27-2010, 04:43 PM
RIP the Republic for which it stands.

Marcus Bryant
01-27-2010, 05:00 PM
'cue and beer.

You commie.

spursncowboys
01-27-2010, 05:25 PM
I say ol chap...indeed.

SouthernFried
01-27-2010, 06:09 PM
I hear what you're saying, but if this clown had gotten away with it (and I miraculously caught wind of it), I'd be a little concerned about how well we protect ourselves from espionage from similar rinky-dink outfits like, say, Al Qaeda.

Yeah, I know your right...for all the right reasons.

Still...

I ain't gonna throw away my feather pillows on the outside chance.

RandomGuy
01-27-2010, 06:31 PM
ah yes.. the face of modern conservatism..

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_1xQeOPE9ePU/S2C9zngWbrI/AAAAAAAAEhg/VDsp8uIB7ng/s400/mugshot-20100127.jpg

:lmao

RandomGuy
01-27-2010, 06:39 PM

"Because if it was a democrat they were trying to tap, you just KNOW they were onto some dirt, because democrats are all dirty..."

:rolleyes

I would guess that they were just going fishing for something, anything they could splash all over the place to embarass a Democrat.

No more, no less.

"win at any cost, ethics or common sense be damned" seems to be a strong undercurrent in modern conservatism. blech.

spursncowboys
01-27-2010, 06:52 PM
ah yes.. the face of modern conservatism..

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_1xQeOPE9ePU/S2C9zngWbrI/AAAAAAAAEhg/VDsp8uIB7ng/s400/mugshot-20100127.jpg

:lmao

Any pictures of Geitner, Reid, Dodd, Daschle, or Schumer? That's right because they don't get arrested.

Still waiting on reporters who publish top secret documents.

RandomGuy
01-27-2010, 06:56 PM
Any pictures of Geitner, Reid, Dodd, Daschle, or Schumer? That's right because they don't get arrested.

Still waiting on reporters who publish top secret documents.

you mean like Robert Novak...?

he's dead, right?

Marcus Bryant
01-27-2010, 06:59 PM
um, Pentagon Papers, anyone?

spursncowboys
01-27-2010, 07:03 PM
you mean like Robert Novak...?

he's dead, right?

Any reporter.

Marcus Bryant
01-27-2010, 07:12 PM
How many reporters have their buddies attempt to screw with the phone system in a federal office?

Marcus Bryant
01-27-2010, 07:13 PM
Hell, Malkin dropped his arse.

It's ok. Y'know? To stand for the rule of law.

doobs
01-27-2010, 07:16 PM
Hell, Malkin dropped his arse.

It's ok. Y'know? To stand for the rule of law.

So the Free Press Clause doesn't protect him from prosecution here?

Winehole23
01-27-2010, 07:20 PM
The SC divided 6-3 (http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/historics/USSC_CR_0403_0713_ZD.html) in favor of the NYT. The nine justices wrote nine opinions.

For the majority this wino likes the White opinion, for the dissent, Blackmun. All three dissenting judges were taken aback at the haste of the proceedings and the poor quality of the record.

Marcus Bryant
01-27-2010, 07:21 PM
So the Free Press Clause doesn't protect him from prosecution here?

"Free" to wiretap/screw with phone system/trespass in a federal office?

Marcus Bryant
01-27-2010, 07:23 PM
Was any of the group charged with attempted wiretapping or just gaining access to federal property under false pretenses and/or aiding & abetting?

spursncowboys
01-27-2010, 07:28 PM
The SC divided 6-3 (http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/getcase.pl?court=US&vol=403&invol=713) in favor of the NYT. The nine justices wrote nine opinions.
:toast Thanks.

doobs
01-27-2010, 07:34 PM
"Free" to wiretap/screw with phone system/trespass in a federal office?

OK, so now we're getting somewhere. You think the Free Press Clause doesn't protect a journalist's right to do what this guy did. Wait . . . does he even qualify for special treatment as a member of the "press"?

Marcus Bryant
01-27-2010, 07:40 PM
Show up in a federal office and shoot video?

Or, be an accomplice to your buddies who fake being repair guys to gain access to the phone system in a federal office?

EVAY
01-27-2010, 07:41 PM
We know they do it sometimes (http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/archives/rogue_agents_tipped_pelosi_to_harman_wiretap/).

I guess you don't think congressmen deserve to enjoy the same sort of freedom you and me do, SF. You'd monitor everything they do, eavesdrop on every phone call.

In that sort of scenario SouthernFried, do you suppose any sane politician would ever say anything of importance on the phone?

If any politician ever said anything of importance, period, they would tape it themselves in order to prove it.

Marcus Bryant
01-27-2010, 07:42 PM
Back in my day, the rule of law was kinda important.

Marcus Bryant
01-27-2010, 07:44 PM
Anyways, he'll cop a plea, pay a fine, and get probation.

Marcus Bryant
01-27-2010, 07:48 PM
The poor kid in the group with no connections will do some time in federal pound-it-in-the-ass prison.

Marcus Bryant
01-27-2010, 07:51 PM
I do wonder what brainstorm triggered this. Hey, let's go tap a senator's phones should elicit a good laugh over a beer and be quickly forgotten.

Winehole23
01-27-2010, 08:04 PM
If any politician ever said anything of importance, period, they would tape it themselves in order to prove it. The frame was the routine surveillance of lawmakers propounded by CF, but you make a good point.

Winehole23
01-27-2010, 08:15 PM
WHere did you get that info from? I was wondering when breitbart posted it and I think the next day Fox covered it.I know about the NYT pickup and bloggy thing because I posted them.

The whole furore erupted on talk radio one day previous to the OP (according to Crookshanks see: the link to the original ST thread on O'Keefe's Acorn sting, posted by ashbeeigh upstream), so I just extrapolated from that the AP story was basically contemporaneous. You could be right for all I know about the Breitbart scoop.

At any rate, the lag time between the New Media (with Fox and AP suddenly counting as New) and the Old (NYT, et. al..), was basically five days. 9/9-9/14, 2009.

It cannot be reckoned the MSM hid the story in any way. They were in on it from the beginning, and from the vantage of the present, the so-called old media were dutiful scribes too.

Winehole23
01-27-2010, 08:43 PM
What are Fox and the AP?

Marcus Bryant
01-27-2010, 08:46 PM
This might be it...

http://patterico.com/2010/01/27/washington-post-writer-makes-assumptions-about-okeefe-that-the-facts-dont-cash-again/

Still, the law is don't falsify to gain access...or assist.

Winehole23
01-27-2010, 08:54 PM
Presenting false credentials to breech the security of a US Senator's office, is not the way to get an interview, but I guess Mr. O'Keefe will only have the rest of his life to wax purple about it.

I wonder if he got to keep his cell phone recording.

SouthernFried
01-27-2010, 09:09 PM
Think I'll create a defense fund...

"The people who support wiretapping and tar/feathering politicians on General prinicples defense and pub crawl fund."

We'll meet every Thursday at the Lion & Rose. Whatever's left over from the crawl...goes straight to the support fund.

Winehole23
01-27-2010, 09:36 PM
Think I'll create a defense fund...Putting on the victim shoe already? I don't think you've been indicted of anything yet. Are you guilty minded?

"The people who support wiretapping and tar/feathering politicians on General prinicples defense and pub crawl fund."

We'll meet every Thursday at the Lion & Rose. Whatever's left over from the crawl...goes straight to the support fund.Sounds like age appropriate fun to me. Do write us back whenever the treasurer's reports come in.

May your returns be as vast as your ambition, really. :toast

SouthernFried
01-27-2010, 09:40 PM
Yeah...I guess it's age appropriate. And sure...I guess I'll write you back when treasurer's reports come in and the returns vast and ambitious.

Wanna donate?

Winehole23
01-27-2010, 09:53 PM
Money? Ah, no.

Wild Cobra
01-27-2010, 10:22 PM
I really wonder how this will play out.

Government buildings are the property of the people. False pretense or not, there was no law keeping them out. If politicians can lie to get the vote of the people, why can't people lie to get the ear of a politician?

Don't get me wrong. I am not condoning the actions that took place. I just don't think there really is a legal case.

It was "the people's" house.

:stirpot:

Winehole23
01-27-2010, 10:35 PM
Government buildings are the property of the people. False pretense or not, there was no law keeping them out. If politicians can lie to get the vote of the people, why can't people lie to get the ear of a politician?Because it's a crime and against common sense to allow it.

Don't get me wrong. I am not condoning the actions that took place. I just don't think there really is a legal case.Against O'Keefe, you mean?

It was "the people's" house. One time, the unmarked six ton box truck I was driving broke down in front of the JJ Pickle building here in Austin. The date was April 19. Somewhere about 2000.

Truck would not run. Another iceman in the area picked me up, and we delivered the whole city together in the small truck. Meanwhile, LE of various agencies babysat my boss with big truck for the hour and a half it took for the tow truck to show.

Wild Cobra
01-27-2010, 10:50 PM
One time, the unmarked six ton box truck I was driving broke down in front of the JJ Pickle building here in Austin. The date was April 19. Somewhere about 2000.

Truck would not run. Another iceman in the area picked me up, and we delivered the whole city together in the small truck. Meanwhile, LE of various agencies babysat my boss with big truck for the hour and a half it took for the tow truck to show.

Now, that same stretch of road is barricaded off.
I guess they has an anniversary scare...

ChumpDumper
01-27-2010, 10:52 PM

Government buildings are the property of the people. False pretense or not, there was no law keeping them out. If politicians can lie to get the vote of the people, why can't people lie to get the ear of a politician?

Don't get me wrong. I am not condoning the actions that took place. I just don't think there really is a legal case.

:stirpot:That's the dumbest argument I've ever heard.

Winehole23
01-27-2010, 10:52 PM

Marcus Bryant
01-27-2010, 10:58 PM

Government buildings are the property of the people. False pretense or not, there was no law keeping them out.

I mean. Damn.

A little help, since I'm feeling charitable. (http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/uscode/18/I/47/1036)

If politicians can lie to get the vote of the people, why can't people lie to get the ear of a politician?

You mean lie to hear what the ear of the politician is hearing on their phone.

Don't get me wrong. I am not condoning the actions that took place.

Of course. The disclaimer after the 'aw shucks' non-justification justification.

I just don't think there really is a legal case.

:stirpot:

Aw, shucks, those boys were jest trying to say hello, dat's all. It is der howse, after all.

Marcus Bryant
01-27-2010, 11:00 PM
Why is it that Cobra Commander seems more retarded the more he posts?

Marcus Bryant
01-27-2010, 11:01 PM
One wonders if Cobra Commander would be feeling so Mayberry if it was Abdul Hassim, American citizen, and his fellow Muslim-American friends who pulled such a stunt in a GOP Senator's office.

Marcus Bryant
01-27-2010, 11:05 PM
Summary: it was a really stupid idea that those who should have known better attempted. Now they likely face time in federal pound-it-in-the-ass prison for trying to prove that a Senator's phones were working normally, to prove that she was lying about her phones being jammed at some point. Or, the reward didn't merit the risk.

Now the Cobra Commanders and Southern Fried Chickens of the country will deify them.

Shit, they deserve jail time for being that fucking stupid.

Wild Cobra
01-27-2010, 11:10 PM
Why is it that Cobra Commander seems more retarded the more he posts?
Wasn't the :stirpot: a hint, or are you retarded?

Marcus Bryant
01-27-2010, 11:11 PM
Better yet, one could imagine the Commander's response if it was Abdul Hassim, American citizen, who acted as though they wanted to bug a GOP Senator's phone which was used at some point to discuss...wait for it...national security with the Bush White House.

It's duh people's house, dat's all.

They should charge you along with those four for unmitigated stupidity.

Marcus Bryant
01-27-2010, 11:12 PM
Wasn't the :stirpot: a hint

For you, nope.

Marcus Bryant
01-27-2010, 11:14 PM
And since when do alleged "conservatives" turn anarchist?

Again, lifestyle. That's your politics.

:jack

Winehole23
01-28-2010, 12:08 AM
And since when do alleged "conservatives" turn anarchist? Happens all the time in a rock and roll world.

E7eQjLrgmdI

Wild Cobra
01-28-2010, 12:38 AM
For you, nope.
Then I highly suggest you look at how often I use it.

Nbadan
01-28-2010, 01:11 AM
There was no wrong-doing on ACORN's part....the Media and Congress were the ones caught with their pants down and anyone who didn't take the time to take a closer look at that O'keefe's and Faux News stunt

ACORN has been vindicated and are currently suing O'Keefe, Giles and Breitbart and hopefully they will be charged criminally in the three states where they violated the law in the process of getting the film for their heavily doctored tapes.

A second Federal lawsuit has been filed against O'Keefe and Giles this past week and it's possible that there will be several others by the workers who were smeared in those doctored tapes.

A court has ruled against Congress' decision to defund ACORN and a Congressional investigation into alleged corruption has found that there was none, as well as another internal investigation.

Any corruption that occurred was engaged in by O'Keefe/Giles and whoever is funding their illegal activiities.

The reason they went after ACORN is no mystery. ACORN registers poor people and minorities to vote. The hero of the O'Keefe element in this society is Paul Wycliffe, a man who believed that 'we do not want' ordinary Americans to vote.

There was no need for 'corruption' or any suspicion of it, that is why they tried to manufacture it. There is no mystery surrounding their hatred for ACORN, they get out the vote and ensure that people are not discriminated against because they are minorities and/or poor. That's all it takes to get these political thugs after you. They do not believe in Democracy and they undermine it every way they can. Let's stop shifting the blame to their targets.

As far as Landrieu is concerned, they probably just want her seat for a rabidly rightwing, 'Christian' Republican Senator. And finding or manufacturing 'corruption' is what they do. Not very well of course, and only if people choose to remain blind to the facts, which is what happened with ACORN...

DarrinS
01-28-2010, 09:08 AM
There was no wrong-doing on ACORN's part....the Media and Congress were the ones caught with their pants down and anyone who didn't take the time to take a closer look at that O'keefe's and Faux News stunt

ACORN has been vindicated and are currently suing O'Keefe, Giles and Breitbart and hopefully they will be charged criminally in the three states where they violated the law in the process of getting the film for their heavily doctored tapes.

A second Federal lawsuit has been filed against O'Keefe and Giles this past week and it's possible that there will be several others by the workers who were smeared in those doctored tapes.

A court has ruled against Congress' decision to defund ACORN and a Congressional investigation into alleged corruption has found that there was none, as well as another internal investigation.

Any corruption that occurred was engaged in by O'Keefe/Giles and whoever is funding their illegal activiities.

The reason they went after ACORN is no mystery. ACORN registers poor people and minorities to vote. The hero of the O'Keefe element in this society is Paul Wycliffe, a man who believed that 'we do not want' ordinary Americans to vote.

There was no need for 'corruption' or any suspicion of it, that is why they tried to manufacture it. There is no mystery surrounding their hatred for ACORN, they get out the vote and ensure that people are not discriminated against because they are minorities and/or poor. That's all it takes to get these political thugs after you. They do not believe in Democracy and they undermine it every way they can. Let's stop shifting the blame to their targets.

As far as Landrieu is concerned, they probably just want her seat for a rabidly rightwing, 'Christian' Republican Senator. And finding or manufacturing 'corruption' is what they do. Not very well of course, and only if people choose to remain blind to the facts, which is what happened with ACORN...

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Marcus Bryant
01-28-2010, 09:14 AM
That spin is almost as bad as Cobra Fried's attempt.

PublicOption
01-28-2010, 09:16 AM
apparently he is not a devout christian so why do teabaggers like this guy?

Marcus Bryant
01-28-2010, 09:36 AM
Not to mention 9/11 Dan's post was probably lifted from somewhere on the internets.

Spurminator
01-28-2010, 11:12 AM
Not to mention 9/11 Dan's post was probably lifted from somewhere on the internets.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=389&topic_id=7583625&mesg_id=7583790

DarrinS
01-28-2010, 11:13 AM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=389&topic_id=7583625&mesg_id=7583790

Wow. Nbadan pulled a Joe Biden. What a fag.

TeyshaBlue
01-28-2010, 11:14 AM

That's why dan has earned the credibility of a spoiled 6 year old child.:lol

DarrinS
01-28-2010, 11:15 AM
Supposedly, this was their motivation...

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2010/01/27/2187074.aspx

From NBC's Pete Williams

A law enforcement official says the four men arrested for attempting to tamper with the phones in the New Orleans office of Sen. Mary Landrieu (D) were not trying to intercept or wiretap the calls.

Instead, the official says, the men, led by conservative videomaker James O'Keefe, wanted to see how her local office staff would respond if the phones were inoperative. They were apparently motivated, the official says, by criticism that when Sen. Landrieu became a big player in the health care debate, people in Louisiana were having a hard time getting through on the phones to register their views.

That is, the official says, what led the four men to pull this stunt -- to see how the local staffers would react if the phones went out. Would the staff just laugh it off, or would they express great concern that local folks couldn't get through?

Marcus Bryant
01-28-2010, 11:16 AM
Surprise, surprise. Danny boy busted again.

Marcus Bryant
01-28-2010, 11:19 AM
From NBC's Pete Williams

A law enforcement official says the four men arrested for attempting to tamper with the phones in the New Orleans office of Sen. Mary Landrieu (D) were not trying to intercept or wiretap the calls.

Instead, the official says, the men, led by conservative videomaker James O'Keefe, wanted to see how her local office staff would respond if the phones were inoperative. They were apparently motivated, the official says, by criticism that when Sen. Landrieu became a big player in the health care debate, people in Louisiana were having a hard time getting through on the phones to register their views.

That is, the official says, what led the four men to pull this stunt -- to see how the local staffers would react if the phones went out. Would the staff just laugh it off, or would they express great concern that local folks couldn't get through?

Again, they should spend time in federal pound-it-in-the-ass prison for their stupidity. Especially if that was their motivation. Southern Fried Cobra and 9/11 Dan should join them.

DarrinS
01-28-2010, 11:41 AM
Again, they should spend time in federal pound-it-in-the-ass prison for their stupidity. Especially if that was their motivation. Southern Fried Cobra and 9/11 Dan should join them.

Well, if they are convicted, they deserve whatever punishment fits the crime.

What they did was profoundly stupid. Maybe these guys watched too many episodes of "Prison Break".

coyotes_geek
01-28-2010, 11:54 AM

I'm guessing the staff would have just calmly asked the two dipshits standing in the phone closet claiming to be telephone repairmen to try fix the problem.

Winehole23
01-28-2010, 01:00 PM
Supposedly, this was their motivation...

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2010/01/27/2187074.aspxTo intentionally knock out Senator Landrieu's phones, in order to verify her alleged indifference to public input. Genius.

This wino is unable to agree the game was worth the candle, let alone the hit to O'Keefe's own professional/personal credibility, but whatever. It's his own stupid life.

Winehole23
01-28-2010, 01:00 PM
Eat a roll or piss on it, it's yours.

Marcus Bryant
01-28-2010, 01:59 PM
So who shares a cell with croutons?

spursncowboys
01-28-2010, 02:30 PM

the line was "federal pound me in the ass prison". Geez.

Winehole23
01-28-2010, 02:39 PM
MB said what he said, and so did you.

DarrinS
01-28-2010, 02:52 PM
xPcql4FuCK0

Winehole23
01-28-2010, 02:55 PM
Stands gratefully corrected. I forgot that. :tu

ChumpDumper
01-28-2010, 04:40 PM
But Marcus isn't saying he (meaning Marcus) should go to prison.

Marcus Bryant
01-28-2010, 04:46 PM
shouldn't, that is

TeyshaBlue
01-28-2010, 04:51 PM
shouldn't, that is

my head asplode

Marcus Bryant
01-28-2010, 04:51 PM
Yes, I would like to avoid federal-pound-it(or me, whatever)-in-the-ass-prison.

Marcus Bryant
01-28-2010, 04:54 PM
For the record, I haven't been to New Orleans in quite some time.

Winehole23
01-28-2010, 04:55 PM
I've never been. Am I too late?

ChumpDumper
01-28-2010, 04:58 PM
So it's "pound O'Keefe and friends in the ass prison."

That was still a stunningly stupid scheme they are purporting.

NSA
01-28-2010, 05:00 PM
10101011111010101010101010100001010111101010101010 101001010

jack sommerset
01-28-2010, 05:01 PM
I doubt they will get jail time. No wiretapping as first reported. They said they were seeing if the Senators office were really answering their phones of just letting them ring. Makes sense.

ChumpDumper
01-28-2010, 05:02 PM
I doubt they will get jail time. No wiretapping as first reported. They said they were seeing if the Senators office were really answering their phones of just letting them ring. Makes sense.They were never charged with wiretapping.

NSA
01-28-2010, 05:03 PM
111010 it 10101000010 010101010 101010 ass 010101010 prison

jack sommerset
01-28-2010, 05:04 PM
They were never charged with wiretapping.

I know but some news outlets were reporting they might have been trying too.

Winehole23
01-28-2010, 05:09 PM
I think the reporting has progressed past the larval stage, contemporary with at least some of the still emerging facts. It has in this thread, at least.

Nbadan
01-28-2010, 11:42 PM

Original thought is over-rated anyway - for instance, any post by MB...

Nbadan
01-28-2010, 11:47 PM

Wonder how long it took Sperminator to find that - hey sperminator, while you were wasting your time looking for that post I was making $500 today...

Nbadan
01-28-2010, 11:49 PM

I'm sure there's a youtube video that could have said that better....ass-hat

Winehole23
01-28-2010, 11:53 PM
Very extreme originality verges on total idiocy anyway. Why make an aesthetic god of it?

Nbadan
01-28-2010, 11:54 PM

If stupidity is the only criteria you'd be doing life, with no possibility of parole...

Nbadan
01-28-2010, 11:59 PM
Very extreme originality verges on total idiocy anyway. Why make an aesthetic god of it?

Why is it other criminals can be judged by their lack of judgement but not O'Keefe? This speaks highly about the ACORN case no matter what closet wing-nuts like MB say...if O'Keefe is capable of this, he is certainly capable about lying about the contents of the highly edited Acorn tapes...Why won't he release the unedited tapes? See, shit like this doesn't matter to wing-nuts..

Winehole23
01-29-2010, 12:05 AM
Why is it other criminals can be judged by their lack of judgement but not O'Keefe? Mr. O'Keefe is not a con yet Dan.

He's been convicted of nothing. He hasn't even been tried yet. Has he even been indicted?

Winehole23
01-29-2010, 12:07 AM
Presumption of innocence until conviction?

Winehole23
01-29-2010, 12:10 AM
Has it terrorism caused it to shrink?

Winehole23
01-29-2010, 12:19 AM
@Dan: Is it somehow passe' to refer to the presumption of innocence?

Is every guy in the bag aprioristically a bad guy? Did the ongoing terrorist threat finally turn your brains to porridge, too? WTF?

Nbadan
01-29-2010, 12:34 AM
@Dan: Is it somehow passe' to refer to the presumption of innocence?

Is every guy in the bag aprioristically a bad guy? Did the ongoing terrorist threat finally turn your brains to porridge, too? WTF?

Seriously, the guy was attempting to gain telephone access to a lead member of a congressional Homeland Security committee...if his name was Abdul Mohamed would you have such a passe' attitude toward his innocence?

Winehole23
01-29-2010, 12:41 AM
Me?

Hell yes, I would.

It's not passe' yet, Dan. Not for guys named James O'Keefe.

Winehole23
01-29-2010, 12:42 AM
And not even for guys with funny Arabic-sounding names.

Winehole23
01-29-2010, 12:54 AM
I'm fuckin amazed I have to go through this. What country am I in again?

Winehole23
01-29-2010, 12:56 AM
Did Texas secede and nobody told me?

Nbadan
01-29-2010, 12:56 AM
O'Keefe is getting sued in civil court and facing criminal indictment in three states in the Acorn case alone...now he faces new criminal charges in the Landreau case...that's enough history for me..you can have him over for dinner if you want..

Winehole23
01-29-2010, 01:06 AM
Sure, it's a troubling pattern. But calling him a criminal is proleptic, subjunctive case. Referring to a state contrary to fact.

Perhaps O'Keefe's upcoming legal ordeals will prove you right, Dan, but until then it's a bit hasty to call him a criminal. JMO.

I get that you've already drawn your own conclusions and that your opinion is more or less settled. I don't think I could change that. I only wanted to emphasize the erstwhile commonplace of giving the benefit of a doubt to a man who hasn't been convicted of anything yet. You will go your way, and I will go mine.

C'est la guerre.

Winehole23
01-29-2010, 01:15 AM
The words "facing criminal indictment" refers I take it to proceedings which have not yet commenced, and might not commence at any time in the future.

Winehole23
01-29-2010, 01:15 AM
Is that your thumb I see on the scale, Dan?

Winehole23
01-29-2010, 01:20 AM
Haw haw haw.

Winehole23
01-29-2010, 01:24 AM
James O'Keefe can be safely convicted of having more balls than brains. That was my original take; I think I'll stand pat on that.

Nbadan
01-29-2010, 01:57 AM
Sure, it's a troubling pattern.

A troubling pattern is Tiger Woods.....O'Keefe is a criminal.

Nbadan
01-29-2010, 02:01 AM
James O'Keefe can be safely convicted of having more balls than brains. That was my original take; I think I'll stand pat on that.

None of which would have been made possible had the MSM done it job and insisted on seeing the unedited Acorn tapes before passing judgement on an organization that was found to be free of any criminal behavior and lost millions of federal dollars in funding...

Winehole23
01-29-2010, 02:49 AM
If ACORN has yet to be convicted of any crime, that puts them in a position very similar to James O'Keefe it would seem.

Winehole23
01-29-2010, 02:59 AM
Using your own where-there's-smoke-there's-fire style induction, one might easily hypothesize that ACORN is a criminal as well.

I note with amusement that one following your example, Dan, would be justified in counting any pending or merely possible/contemplated action at law against ACORN, inductively against its present reputation and credibility, just as you did with Mr. O'Keefe.

Does that seem fair to you?

Marcus Bryant
01-29-2010, 07:48 AM
Keep fucking that free range chicken, Danny Boy.

Marcus Bryant
01-29-2010, 07:58 AM
And of course O'Keefe is criminal, he's conservative which is all a genius like Danny Boy needs to convict. Predictable and boorish but a good chunk of the population thinks like this about their ideological opponents.

Oh well, I'm off to make $100k today.

TeyshaBlue
01-29-2010, 11:13 AM
Wonder how long it took Sperminator to find that - hey sperminator, while you were wasting your time looking for that post I was making $500 today...

Ohhhh....another tough guy! Hey! Should we all compare wallets, Dan? WTF?
Put yer little dick back in yer pants, boy.:rolleyes

DarrinS
01-29-2010, 12:14 PM
A statement by James flippin' O'Keefe

http://biggovernment.com/2010/01/29/statement-from-james-okeefe/

The government has now confirmed what has always been clear: No one tried to wiretap or bug Senator Landrieu’s office. Nor did we try to cut or shut down her phone lines. Reports to this effect over the past 48 hours are inaccurate and false.

As an investigative journalist, my goal is to expose corruption and lack of concern for citizens by government and other institutions, as I did last year when our investigations revealed the massive corruption and fraud perpetrated by ACORN. For decades, investigative journalists have used a variety of tactics to try to dig out and reveal the truth.

I learned from a number of sources that many of Senator Landrieu’s constituents were having trouble getting through to her office to tell her that they didn’t want her taking millions of federal dollars in exchange for her vote on the healthcare bill. When asked about this, Senator Landrieu’s explanation was that, “Our lines have been jammed for weeks.” I decided to investigate why a representative of the people would be out of touch with her constituents for “weeks” because her phones were broken. In investigating this matter, we decided to visit Senator Landrieu’s district office – the people’s office – to ask the staff if their phones were working.
On reflection, I could have used a different approach to this investigation, particularly given the sensitivities that people understandably have about security in a federal building. The sole intent of our investigation was to determine whether or not Senator Landrieu was purposely trying to avoid constituents who were calling to register their views to her as their Senator. We video taped the entire visit, the government has those tapes, and I’m eager for them to be released because they refute the false claims being repeated by much of the mainstream media.

It has been amazing to witness the journalistic malpractice committed by many of the organizations covering this story. MSNBC falsely claimed that I violated a non-existent “gag order.” The Associated Press incorrectly reported that I “broke in” to an office which is open to the public. The Washington Post has now had to print corrections in two stories on me. And these are just a few examples of inaccurate and false reporting. The public will judge whether reporters who can’t get their facts straight have the credibility to question my integrity as a journalist.

Winehole23
01-29-2010, 01:36 PM
http://static.squidoo.com/resize/squidoo_images/-1/draft_lens2197088module11881077photo_1223149410sam-the-eagle-muppet-show.jpg

ChumpDumper
01-29-2010, 04:20 PM
A statement by James flippin' O'Keefe

http://biggovernment.com/2010/01/29/statement-from-james-okeefe/So he couldn't have just called the office several times to see if the lines were working?

"Jammed" does not equal "broken."

Explanation fail.

Or he could just be really, really stupid.

I'll believe either one.

DarrinS
01-29-2010, 04:23 PM
So he couldn't have just called the office several times to see if the lines were working?

"Jammed" does not equal "broken."

Explanation fail.

Or he could just be really, really stupid.

I'll believe either one.

I never said the dude was smart.

Spurminator
01-29-2010, 04:34 PM
Is this some attempt to paint as a loser the guy in this conversation who DOESN'T try to pass off other people's opinions, word for word, as their own?

Wonder how long it took Sperminator to find that - hey sperminator, while you were wasting your time looking for that post I was making $500

It didn't take me all month, Dan, it took me 5 seconds. Highlight, CTRL+C, Google, click the first link. I figured you knew how to copy and paste. Don't tell me you re-typed Sabrina1's entire post manually...

I mean shit, Dan, it's not like any of us in here has a truly original take on anything, but we at least have the communicative skill to articulate our own thoughts in our own words.

And if we do use another person's post or article, we have the intellectual honesty to link to the post or article we copied from.

Anyway, typing this message isn't a part of my job, but I'm still going to get paid for the two minutes I spent typing it. I don't know what kind of manual labor you do for a living but we get occasional free time here between our responsibilities.

Nbadan
01-29-2010, 07:51 PM
If ACORN has yet to be convicted of any crime, that puts them in a position very similar to James O'Keefe it would seem.

IF Acorn had targeted bg.org or O'Keefe you might have a point, but ACORN is not accused of being a wanna-be Karl Rove hack willing to violate criminal and civil law to advance a political cause...

Nbadan
01-29-2010, 07:54 PM
I note with amusement that one following your example, Dan, would be justified in counting any pending or merely possible/contemplated action at law against ACORN, inductively against its present reputation and credibility, just as you did with Mr. O'Keefe.

Except ACORN has passed investigations before, has Okeefe? has BG.org? Also, I know of no pending criminal charges against ACORN, do you?

Nbadan
01-29-2010, 07:59 PM
I mean shit, Dan, it's not like any of us in here has a truly original take on anything, but we at least have the communicative skill to articulate our own thoughts in our own words.

Do you source opinion? Besides, it wasn't word for word...

...and I always source my resources...hell, I started it...

TeyshaBlue
01-29-2010, 08:04 PM
Except ACORN has passed investigations before, has Okeefe? has BG.org? Dunno..do you? Nice non sequitur.

Also, I know of no pending criminal charges against ACORN, do you?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/01/acorn-to-stand-trial-in-n_n_305811.html

Was this dismissed?

Nbadan
01-29-2010, 08:13 PM
Was this dismissed?

That wasn't ACORN...canvassers were ripping off ACORN passing bogus registrations...it was ACORN itself who busted these guys and initiated the investigation...

TeyshaBlue
01-29-2010, 08:16 PM
That wasn't ACORN...canvassers were ripping off ACORN passing bogus registrations...it was ACORN itself who busted these guys and initiated the investigation...

Did you not even read the article? Hell, I even got it from Huff!

"Evidence heard during more than six hours of testimony left "a lot of issues that have to be answered" before trial, Las Vegas Justice of the Peace William Jansen said.

He set arraignment for the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now and former regional supervisor Amy Busefink for Oct. 14 in Clark County District Court.":lmao

Take your pick:
http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/ACORN_and_voter_registration_fraud

Nbadan
01-29-2010, 08:20 PM
Did you not even read the article? Hell, I even got it from Huff!

"Evidence heard during more than six hours of testimony left "a lot of issues that have to be answered" before trial, Las Vegas Justice of the Peace William Jansen said.

He set arraignment for the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now and former regional supervisor Amy Busefink for Oct. 14 in Clark County District Court.":lmao

Take your pick:
http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/ACORN_and_voter_registration_fraud

Maybe your confusing Huffington with Politico....Huffington has many diverse opinions....did you read your own article?

Secretary of State Ross Miller has characterized the case as "registration fraud, not voter fraud." He said no voters in Nevada were paid for votes and no unqualified voters cast ballots.

..case closed

TeyshaBlue
01-29-2010, 08:22 PM
Maybe your confusing Huffington with Politico....Huffington has many diverse opinions....did you read your own article?

..case closed

Fraud is fraud, Dan. Unless it isn't?:rollin

/thread

Nbadan
01-29-2010, 08:29 PM
it's like a cashier defrauding Walmart....that doesn't make Walmart guilty of fraud...