PDA

View Full Version : Nets May Have Pieces To Get Stoudemire

crc21209
01-26-2010, 04:46 PM
Nets May Have Pieces To Get Stoudemire

Suns forward Amare Stoudemire hasn't denied the possibility of playing for the Nets and the lack of a contract extension in Phoenix has put the All-Star on the trade block.

"There are some teams you may say no way (to). But I don't think the Nets are one of them," said Stoudemire, adding that he sees "potential" in the Nets.

The Nets appear to have the pieces needed to deal for Stoudemire.

Phoenix is said to be looking for a combination of young players, draft picks and salary cap relief. New Jersey can provide all of that.

The Nets have 10 draft picks over the next three years and young players like Chris Douglas-Roberts, Courtney Lee, Yi Jianlian and Terrence Williams.

Via New York Daily News

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/64278/20100126/nets_may_have_pieces_to_get_stoudemire/

BlackSwordsMan
01-26-2010, 04:51 PM
can spurs work a three way trade that sends jefferson to the nets for free?

Xylus
01-26-2010, 05:12 PM
I want draft picks, lots of draft picks.

Basketballgirl25
01-26-2010, 05:13 PM

you mean Richard Jefferson. I think Nets would take him back for free if they could, also I think Net fans would love to have Jefferson back if that's the one you mean:lol. Jefferson unlike Kidd was loyal to the Nets:toast:toast

XFactor
01-26-2010, 05:13 PM
"There are some teams you may say no way (to). But I don't think the Nets are one of them," said Stoudemire, adding that he sees "potential" in the Nets.

:lol:lol:lol

Basketballgirl25
01-26-2010, 05:15 PM
If Nets could get Stoudemire I'd do it, actually I don't know if I would. I don't know if Nets should jump on a trade if they get a great on or wait out the storm

JoeTait75
01-26-2010, 05:17 PM
I don't think Amare helps them all that much. They need a physical, shot-blocking, big-rebounding power forward alongside Brook Lopez. As skilled as Lopez is, he isn't exactly Nate Thurmond defensively.

Xylus
01-26-2010, 05:25 PM
Adding Stoudemire instantly makes them a playoff team in the East.

Ghazi
01-26-2010, 05:25 PM
not this year :lol

JoeTait75
01-26-2010, 05:26 PM
Adding Stoudemire instantly makes them a playoff team in the East.

Come on, now.

Xylus
01-26-2010, 05:26 PM
not this year :lol

Well... yeah. :lol

Xylus
01-26-2010, 05:31 PM
Come on, now.

That's assuming Stoudemire starts the season with them next year, and that Devin Harris and Brook Lopez remain on the team. Also, the team has to be healthy. I think they'd be good enough to nab the 8th seed in the East, sure.

Baseline
01-26-2010, 05:33 PM
I see JayZ working here. He's probably got LeBron's "Approved" list, meaning guys LeBron has to have in place in order to sign with the Nets this summer. I don't think LeBron is scared of going to a rebuilt team like the Nets if he knows a couple of key people are in place.

That list would include guys like...
1. Bosh
2. DWade
3. Amare
4. Chris Paul
5. Dwight Howard
6. Durant
7. Derrick Rose

Obviously not all the guys on this list are possible, but some are. Bosh and Amare will be free agents just like LeBron, but trades could be made for those guys prior to the deadline, and it's not inconceivable that Chris Paul could be dealt as well.

baseline bum
01-26-2010, 05:34 PM
They'd be stupid to trade for Stoudemire. He's good enough that he'd take lottery balls from their shot at John Wall while being maybe a bad-case scenario for who they could pull with their capspace. I'd much rather leave the spot open for LeBron or Bosh and not give away any prospects, and then pick Amare up as Plan C if all else fails.

JoeTait75
01-26-2010, 05:36 PM
That's assuming Stoudemire starts the season with them next year, and that Devin Harris and Brook Lopez remain on the team. Also, the team has to be healthy. I think they'd be good enough to nab the 8th seed in the East, sure.

New Jersey is the worst three-point shooting team and the worst team defensively in terms of opposing shooting percentage, in addition to being 3-100 or whatever they are. Amare doesn't help them in either area.

Allanon
01-26-2010, 05:37 PM
Lopez, Amare, LeBron, Devin Harris and John Wall.

That would be pretty compelling.

JoeTait75
01-26-2010, 05:38 PM
Lopez, Amare, LeBron, Devin Harris and John Wall.

That would be pretty compelling.

You guys need to give up the LeBron-to-NJ thing. It isn't happening.

Allanon
01-26-2010, 05:40 PM

You don't think LeBron would go play with that lineup?

Lopez
Amare
Devin Harris
John Wall

Jay Z, Sixth man

I think that's his best option out of Cleveland.

Cleveland has a chance at a ring this year, but next year, they have alot of personnel decisions to make with all their rentals.

Basketballgirl25
01-26-2010, 05:42 PM

I am a Nets fan and I have to agree I don't see it happening, I wouldn't be mad if he came though

Xylus
01-26-2010, 05:43 PM
New Jersey is the worst three-point shooting team and the worst team defensively in terms of opposing shooting percentage, in addition to being 3-100 or whatever they are. Amare doesn't help them in either area.

New Jersey is last in almost every conceivable category. There are several other areas that Stoudemire would improve over Yi. Rebounding, interior defense, FG%, and a go-to scorer.

baseline bum
01-26-2010, 05:53 PM
You don't think LeBron would go play with that lineup?

Lopez
Amare
Devin Harris
John Wall

I think that's his best option out of Cleveland.

Cleveland has a chance at a ring this year, but next year, they have alot of personnel decisions to make with all their rentals.

That lineup cannot in any way happen, unless the Suns are stupid enough to take the Nets' non-expiring contracts like Keyon Dooling ($3.8M), Kris Humphries ($3.2M), and Yi ($4.1M) in trade.

Amare will cost $17.2M next year and LeBron $16.6M, assuming they both get max salaries. Then add another $4-$5M guaranteed for a pick no worse than #4. For that to work out, you'd need the cap to come in at over $65 million, which has absolutely zero chance of happening. Trading for Amare kills their offseason period; not just their shot at LeBron.

Andrew Bynum
01-26-2010, 05:54 PM
I am a Nets fan and I have to agree I don't see it happening, I wouldn't be mad if he came though

orly?

Allanon
01-26-2010, 06:02 PM
That lineup cannot in any way happen, unless the Suns are stupid enough to take the Nets' non-expiring contracts like Keyon Dooling ($3.8M), Kris Humphries ($3.2M), and Yi ($4.1M) in trade.

Amare will cost $17.2M next year and LeBron $16.6M, assuming they both get max salaries. Then add another $4-$5M guaranteed for a pick no worse than #4. For that to work out, you'd need the cap to come in at over $65 million, which has absolutely zero chance of happening. Trading for Amare kills their offseason period; not just their shot at LeBron.

17+17 = $34 million in James and Amare

Next year, the Nets are setup for $26 million guaranteed.

All the Nets would have to do is trade off a guy like Yi to get under cap financially. Yi has a reasonable contract, I don't think it will be too hard to find buyers.

Question really is to the Suns... is $arver looking to save money yet again or does he actually want some players he'll have to pay?

baseline bum
01-26-2010, 06:11 PM
17+17 = $34 million in James and Amare

Next year, the Nets are setup for $26 million guaranteed.

All the Nets would have to do is trade off a guy like Yi to get under cap financially. Yi has a reasonable contract, I don't think it will be too hard to find buyers.

Question really is to the Suns... is $arver looking to save money yet again or does he actually want some players he'll have to pay?

Have you added 34 and 26 to see what they equal? Because it's higher than the current cap, which is guaranteed to come down this summer (probably significantly down, but certainly at least a million or two). Have you also forgot that John Wall will cost about $5 million which counts toward their cap number immediately after the draft and before any free agent can be signed? It's impossible.

Allanon
01-26-2010, 06:28 PM
Have you added 34 and 26 to see what they equal? Because it's higher than the current cap, which is guaranteed to come down this summer (probably significantly down, but certainly at least a million or two). Have you also forgot that John Wall will cost about $5 million which counts toward their cap number immediately after the draft and before any free agent can be signed? It's impossible.

34+26=$60 million

Salary cap ~$58 million give or take.

Yi's about $3 million, they'll have to include $10 million or so to get Amare in trade.

$26 million
-$13 million

$13 million base
+$17 million Amare
+$17 million LeBron
+$5 million John Wall

$52-56 million total committed give or take

It's really up to Phoenix and what they want back. $arver's notoriously cheap so I wouldn't rule out Yi/Lee + expirings + draft picks?

DPG21920
01-26-2010, 06:32 PM
Amare improve rebounding and interior defense? :lol

Yi: 33 MPG, 7 REB, 1 BLK

Amare: 34 MPG, 8.5 REB, 1 BLK

It would be stupid for the Nets to give up any picks to get Amare. Getting someone who has an injury history, does not play defense and only helps you possibly nab an 8th seed IF healthy is not worth giving anything up for. Especially with the way Yi has played as of late.

baseline bum
01-26-2010, 06:32 PM
Let me show my work:

1. Devin Harris: $8.981M
2. Kenyon Dooling: $3.828M
3. Kris Humphries: $3.20M
4. Yi Jianlian: $4.0505M
5. Brook Lopez: $2.413M
6. Terrence Williams: $2.214M
7. Courtney Lee: $1.352M
8. John Wall: $4.2869M rookie scale (though it can be negotiated up to $5.144M) (http://www.nbpa.com/cba_exhibits/exhibitB.php)
9. LeBron James: 105% of $15.78M = $16.57M
10. Amare Stoudemire: 105% of $16.38M = $17.2M
11. 1 (minimum) roster spot under 11: $0.473604M

TOTAL: $64.57 million

That's assuming they don't re-sign CDR for a lousy $854K, which they'd be insane not to do (especially since it'd only save them less than $400K in capsapce)

baseline bum
01-26-2010, 06:36 PM
Yi's about $3 million, they'll have to include $10 million or so to get Amare in trade.

$26 million
-$13 million

Wrong. No way Phoenix takes bad contracts off their hands when they can just get expirings like Tony Battie, Trenton Hassell, and Rafer Alston to make the numbers work.

Allanon
01-26-2010, 06:36 PM
Let me show my work:

8. John Wall: $4.2869M rookie scale (though it can be negotiated up to $5.144M) (http://www.nbpa.com/cba_exhibits/exhibitB.php)

That's assuming they don't re-sign CDR for a lousy $854K, which they'd be insane not to do (especially since it'd only save them less than $400K in capsapce)

It's up to the Suns and what they want back. Yes, it would be crazy for the Suns to take back trash + picks but I've heard worse :lol

I have no idea what $arver's up to but he sent Joe Johnson off for Boris Diaw and picks because he didn't want to pay the money.

Allanon
01-26-2010, 06:37 PM
Wrong. No way Phoenix takes bad contracts off their hands when they can just get expirings like Tony Battie, Trenton Hassell, and Rafer Alston to make the numbers work.

You say WRONG as if you know what's going on in their minds.

How can ANYBODY be WRONG in a hypothetical thread? :lol

I admit, I have no idea what $arver's thinking, but he's done worse.

21_Blessings
01-26-2010, 06:41 PM
Let me show my work:

Trade Harris for expirings or in a sign and trade. Problem solved. You won't need him with Lebron or Wall there anyways.

baseline bum
01-26-2010, 06:43 PM
You say WRONG as if you know what's going on in their minds. How can ANYBODY be WRONG in a hypothetical thread? :lol

I admit, I have no idea what $arver's thinking, but he's done worse.

You can be wrong by dreaming up a scenario that has no logical chance of ever happening.

Allanon
01-26-2010, 06:47 PM
You can be wrong by dreaming up a scenario that has no logical chance of ever happening.

It's all hypothetical.

I have no reason to say you are wrong. You have no reason to say I'm wrong.

We can leave it that unless you want to make more out of this than is necessary.

Is this hypothetical crap nobody can prove really worth arguing over? :lol

baseline bum
01-26-2010, 06:47 PM
Trade Harris for expirings or in a sign and trade. Problem solved. You won't need him with Lebron or Wall there anyways.

I'm sure they'd strongly consider that if there was no lottery and they knew they were getting the #1. However, since they'll have a 75% shot of missing the #1 pick, no way they give Harris away for expirings.

21_Blessings
01-26-2010, 06:51 PM
I'm sure they'd strongly consider that if there was no lottery and they knew they were getting the #1. However, since they'll have a 75% shot of missing the #1 pick, no way they give Harris away for expirings.

If they can get back a cheaper PG and a draft pick they would do it. Harris is owed a shit-load of money and he's shooting 38% while playing like he doesn't give a shit. His contract doesn't help the rebuilding process.

You don't need a point guard with Lebron, anyways. Just one that can knock down the three-ball which is something Harris can't do.

baseline bum
01-26-2010, 06:51 PM
It's all hypothetical.

I have no reason to say you are wrong. You have no reason to say I'm wrong.

We can leave it that unless you want to make more out of this than is necessary.

Is this hypothetical crap nobody can prove really worth arguing over? :lol

It's like a Denver fan coming in and saying his team can win a title because an earthquake could hit LA and kill Kobe.

Allanon
01-26-2010, 06:52 PM
It's like a Denver fan coming in and saying his team can win a title because an earthquake could hit LA and kill Kobe.

It's like saying $arver would never be stupid enough to give up Joe Johnson for Boris Diaw to $ave money.

baseline bum
01-26-2010, 07:03 PM
It's like saying $arver would never be stupid enough to give up Joe Johnson for Boris Diaw to $ave money.

There were logical reasons why he didn't re-sign Joe Johnson
1) Johnson got an enormous offer from Atlanta at a stage of his career where he never proved he was worth that money. It was a hell of a gamble that paid off for Atlanta.
2) Sarver owed huge money to Shawn Marion, Amare Stoudemire, and Steve Nash, and thought he couldn't afford a fourth superstar contract.
3) Joe Johnson wanted out because he wanted to be a #1 option.

Basketball-wise, it was a bad decision, but there was still a compelling case why Sarver would do it. There's no reason he'd take Kenyon Dooling's and Kris Humphries' deals when he could just get that production from minimum players.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-26-2010, 07:06 PM

No they can't. No one wants the scrubs you guys think are good.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-26-2010, 07:07 PM

Yeah cause that Diaw trade saved them tons of money :rolleyes:

Allanon
01-26-2010, 07:07 PM
1) Johnson got an enormous offer from Atlanta at a stage of his career where he never proved he was worth that money. It was a hell of a gamble that paid off for Atlanta.
2) Sarver owed huge money to Shawn Marion, Amare Stoudemire, and Steve Nash, and thought he couldn't afford a fourth superstar contract.
3) Joe Johnson wanted out.

Basketball-wise, it was a bad decision, but there was still a compelling case why Sarver would do it. There's no reason he'd take Kenyon Dooling's and Kris Humphries' deals when he could just get that production from minimum players.

What gamble? Joe Johnson was averaging 17 points and 5 rebounds for 2 seasons in a row. A $12 million/year contract is perfectly normal for a player like that. That's no outrageous salary.

$arver just didn't want to pay the money. There's a reason why Suns fans call him $arver.

Allanon
01-26-2010, 07:09 PM
Yeah cause that Diaw trade saved them tons of money :rolleyes:

Didn't he?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-26-2010, 07:09 PM
What gamble? Joe Johnson was averaging 17 points and 5 rebounds for 2 seasons in a row. A $12 million/year contract is perfectly normal for a player like that. That's no outrageous salary.

$arver just didn't want to pay the money. There's a reason why Suns fans call him $arver.

Sarver has fucked plenty of shit up but Joe Johnson wasn't one of them. That was all Brian Colangelo.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-26-2010, 07:10 PM
Didn't he?

Not really. I agree it was a bad trade, but that J-Rich contract is worse than either Bell's or Diaw's.

Allanon
01-26-2010, 07:11 PM
Not really. I agree it was a bad trade, but that J-Rich contract is worse than either Bell's or Diaw's.

How is it not really?

Diaw was traded at $3 million. Joe Johnson $12 million on the new contract.

$9 million instant $avings.

baseline bum
01-26-2010, 07:12 PM

It was a gamble for Atlanta because there was reason to think his numbers were a product of the system, like Channing Frye's are now. Besides, reasons 2 and 3 that I listed are still compelling reasons for him to let Johnson go. This analogy you're bringing doesn't fit well.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-26-2010, 07:14 PM
How is it not really?

Diaw was traded at $3 million. Joe Johnson $12 million on the new contract.

$9 million instant $avings.

OOOOOO, I thought you were referring to trading Diaw for J-Rich. Yeah, that was obviously a money saver.

If you wanna talk about that though, it was not done to save money. It wound up saving money, but leading up to that situation they traded Jake Voskul for nothing because they were preparing to match Atlanta's offer. They chose to negotiate a sign and trade once JJ publicly said he hopes they don't match the offer.

Allanon
01-26-2010, 07:17 PM
It was a gamble for Atlanta because there was reason to think his numbers were a product of the system, like Channing Frye's are now. Besides, reasons 2 and 3 that I listed are still compelling reasons for him to let Johnson go. This analogy you're bringing doesn't fit well.

Reason #2 is still financially motivated...what I am saying about $arver

Reason #3, Johnson was pissed the Suns wouldn't pay him after two breakout seasons and said get me out. He originally wanted to get re-signed in Phoenix but gave up after they couldn't come to terms on money.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-26-2010, 07:18 PM

For some reason I saw Joe Johnson for Boris Diaw and thought it said Joe Johnson or Boris Diaw. Long day.

baseline bum
01-26-2010, 07:19 PM
Reason #2 is still financially motivated...what I am saying about $arver

Reason #3, Johnson was pissed the Suns wouldn't pay him after two breakout seasons and said get me out. He originally wanted to get re-signed in Phoenix but gave up after they couldn't come to terms on money.

So because Sarver was so cheap as to let an All-star go, he would rather pay more for an extra year past 2010 for two scrubs from New Jersey instead of wanting their expiring scrubs instead? I'm not following your logic at all here.

Allanon
01-26-2010, 07:19 PM
For some reason I saw Joe Johnson for Boris Diaw and thought it said Joe Johnson or Boris Diaw. Long day.

All good.

This argument is stupid anyways.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-26-2010, 07:20 PM
All good.

This argument is stupid anyways.

:lol

Allanon
01-26-2010, 07:20 PM
So because Sarver was so cheap as to let an All-star go, he would rather pay more for an extra year past 2010 for two scrubs from New Jersey instead of wanting their expiring scrubs instead? I'm not following your logic at all here.

Yi and Lee are fair priced scrubs. I'd take them at their tiny ass contracts.

You know, whatever, you're right and I'm wrong. This argument is seriously a waste of time.

WTF am I doing wasting time on this hypothetical?

You win. I'm done.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-26-2010, 07:27 PM
Also regarding Amare, I'd feel bad for Yi if they trade Amare for a package involving him. When the Suns still suck at defense, still suck in general and need to find a new scapegoat to blame it all on since Amare is gone, it'll be Yi. Bad perimeter defense = big man's fault in the eyes of Phoenix fans.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-26-2010, 07:39 PM
Have you seen Yi play defense? He is extremely soft. He gets pushed around by Point Guards for rebounds.

Thanks for completely missing my point. Fortunately if the Suns get Courtney Lee they'll become a 70 win team.

baseline bum
01-26-2010, 07:41 PM
Yi and Lee are fair priced scrubs. I'd take them at their tiny ass contracts.

You know, whatever, you're right and I'm wrong. This argument is seriously a waste of time.

WTF am I doing wasting time on this hypothetical?

You win. I'm done.

That's only $5.3 million, and still puts them over this year's cap. Assuming every forecast about the cap is true and it doesn't rise, then you're still >$1M over even if John Wall doesn't negotiate for the extra 20% on his rookie-scale base. I don't think it's much of a stretch to believe the cap doesn't increase either, based of it dropping $1M for 2009-10 and the fact that overall attendance is down even further this season.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-26-2010, 07:44 PM
I got your point. He is the whipping boy in NJ right now and rightfully so. He sucks at perimeter defense, post defense, rebounds, and blocks. He is absolutely atrocious in every aspect of defense.

My point had nothing to do with Yi himself.

da_suns_fan
01-26-2010, 08:03 PM
You can HAVE him. Amare is a SHELL of his former self. The explosiveness is GONE.

No way in hell i want the Suns spending crazy money on this guy. Ive seen everything he's capable of. He cant carry a team on his shoulders, thus hes not worth anywhere near max money.

What deal would I want? ANY deal that didnt have a bad contract coming back.

If the Suns could CUT Stoudemire and Richardson, they probably would. They dont provide anywhere NEAR what their salaries are. At least cap space would allow them to pursue a Bosh or whoever in the off-season.

himat
01-26-2010, 08:03 PM
The only way this would be smart was if they knew they were getting John Wall so they trade Devin Harris for Stoudemire.

I can't see the Nets keeping Devin if they get Wall.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-26-2010, 08:05 PM
You can HAVE him. Amare is a SHELL of his former self. The explosiveness is GONE.

No way in hell i want the Suns spending crazy money on this guy. Ive seen everything he's capable of. He cant carry a team on his shoulders, thus hes not worth anywhere near max money.

If Amare deserves to be traded then so do Nash and Hill.

da_suns_fan
01-26-2010, 08:12 PM
3) Joe Johnson wanted out because he wanted to be a #1 option.

Um...wrong on all accounts.

1) Joe Johnson had already proven he was a stud. Cleveland and others were openly saying that if he wasnt restricted, he would be the number one target in the FA market (everyone believed the Suns would match because they said they would match ANY OFFER because they knew how freaking good he was...but they were bluffing).

2) The Suns paid Diaw and Marcus Banks what JJ was asking for. Their payroll got even bigger when Shaq came on board. Sarver lowballed JJ and the fallout was bad. The Suns are paying Richardson what JJ was asking for and they still have Shaqs contract on the books (yeah..Kerr is THAT bad).

3) Joe never said he wanted to be the man or anything like that. He wanted one thing: to get PAID. You will not be able to produce a quote from JJ saying that he wanted to be the first option etc., but i can find several where he states he couldnt get the contract in Phoenix that he got in Atlanta. Joe's departure was STRICTLY business. The "Joe wanted to be the man" was a silly hate campaign the Suns brass started when they realized Joe was gonna sign with Atlanta and they didnt want to match.

redzero
01-26-2010, 08:14 PM
Stoudemire + scrubs for Timmy D. It makes sense for both teams. And by both teams, I obviously mean Phoenix.

Xylus
01-26-2010, 08:16 PM
I'd trade Stoudemire and one of my kidneys for Tim Duncan.

Xylus
01-26-2010, 08:18 PM
Amare improve rebounding and interior defense? :lol

Yi: 33 MPG, 7 REB, 1 BLK

Amare: 34 MPG, 8.5 REB, 1 BLK

It would be stupid for the Nets to give up any picks to get Amare. Getting someone who has an injury history, does not play defense and only helps you possibly nab an 8th seed IF healthy is not worth giving anything up for. Especially with the way Yi has played as of late.

Do you really think Amare isn't an upgrade in that department over Bounty soft Yi?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-26-2010, 08:25 PM
Do you really think Amare isn't an upgrade in that department over Bounty soft Yi?

DPG is on the Findog & DSF boat that trading Amare is addition by subtraction.

Xylus
01-26-2010, 08:33 PM
Yi will fit the Warriors or Suns. He is a huge pussy and excels with his jumpshot and 3.

So basically we'd have Channing Frye x 2.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-26-2010, 08:40 PM
Yi will fit the Warriors or Suns. He is a huge pussy and excels with his jumpshot and 3.

If his team draws up a game winning layup for him, can they count on him making it?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-26-2010, 08:44 PM
And everyone would take Lee over Goran Dragic anyday of the week, outside of you.

:lmao no they wouldn't. Courtney Lee is averaging 11 points on a 3 win team.

Xylus
01-26-2010, 08:45 PM
I would take Dragic over Lee any day of the week. Without hesitation. Kid's going to be a star someday.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-26-2010, 08:47 PM
And he also started on a NBA Finals team last year.

So did Devon George in 2004.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-26-2010, 08:48 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0608/nba_g_leegasol_576.jpg

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-26-2010, 08:52 PM
While he was a Rookie?

Wtf does that have to do with anything? Making the finals isn't an individual accomplishment it's team accomplishment.

redzero
01-26-2010, 08:53 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0608/nba_g_leegasol_576.jpg

And he would have made it, too, if it wasn't for that pesky Pau Gasoft screwing with the rim.

rascal
01-26-2010, 08:54 PM
you mean Richard Jefferson. I think Nets would take him back for free if they could, also I think Net fans would love to have Jefferson back if that's the one you mean:lol. Jefferson unlike Kidd was loyal to the Nets:toast:toast

Jefferson will go to the Nets and put up all star stats.

Xylus
Wtf does that have to do with anything? Making the finals isn't an individual accomplishment it's team accomplishment.

I think his point is that Courtney Lee is the reason they got there in the first place.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
I think his point is that Courtney Lee is the reason they got there in the first place.

:lmao

DPG21920
01-26-2010, 08:56 PM

Yes really. Amare is not a better rebounder (by that much) or shot blocker or interior defender than Yi. He is a better offensive player, but Yi has taken some nice strides. I certainly would not give up picks to get Amare if I am NJ and giving up Yi.

Basketballgirl25
01-26-2010, 10:45 PM
The only way this would be smart was if they knew they were getting John Wall so they trade Devin Harris for Stoudemire.

I can't see the Nets keeping Devin if they get Wall.

Nets are only keeping Devin Harris till the find out if they are drafting Wall, better to have Harris who I think could help if he had a good player playing with him. He had Dirk when he started then he had Vince Carter. I love Brook Lopez and all, but he is young, with another year or two he will be better

himat
01-26-2010, 11:01 PM
Nets are only keeping Devin Harris till the find out if they are drafting Wall, better to have Harris who I think could help if he had a good player playing with him. He had Dirk when he started then he had Vince Carter. I love Brook Lopez and all, but he is young, with another year or two he will be better

Yeah thats what I am saying. If the Nets knew for sure that they would get the 1st pick then I could see them pulling off a Devin Harris +somebody for Amare trade.

Right now they don't know though, so who would they trade for him? And why would they trade for him?