PDA

View Full Version : Finley

DesignatedT
01-26-2010, 05:27 PM
Didnt see any threads on him but seriously,

Where is he?

Do you think he can still contribute to this team? things cant get any worse then right now.

IMO his defense is both better than RJ and Mason.

again, Where is he? Do people honestly think hes that bad?

FalleNxWiZarDx
01-26-2010, 05:28 PM
having sex with pop

DesignatedT
01-26-2010, 05:29 PM
^ ohh is that where he is? thanks for clarifying. any real answers?

Sigz
01-26-2010, 05:31 PM
who cares, he sucks.

DesignatedT
01-26-2010, 05:32 PM
cant be much worse than dick jeff

lurker23
01-26-2010, 05:37 PM
He's progressing steadily and is expected to be back in a week.

:lol

lurker23
01-26-2010, 05:48 PM
12/06/09: "Backup forward Michael Finley suffered a Grade 2 sprain of his left ankle and will not make the trip to Utah for Monday's game against the Jazz. A club spokesperson said Finley would miss “some games.” "
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/Spurs_lose_Finley_to_ankle_sprain.html

12/27/09: “He's not really close (to getting back on the court),” Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said, “but he's getting better all the time. He wants to be with the team and part of it, so he's traveling.”
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/Spurs_Finley_continues_to_rehab_on_road_trip.html

1/6/10: "Though small forward Michael Finley, who has missed the last 13 games with a sprained left ankle, has begun some light shooting drills, he remains a week or two from a return to action, according to a team spokesperson."
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/80764082.html

1/10/10: "Finley getting close: Based on his run through a vigorous set of agility drills before Saturday's practice, veteran forward Michael Finley's return from a Grade 2 left ankle sprain appears to be right around the corner."
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/81075252.html

1/16/10: Popovich said Finley, recovering from a sprained left ankle, is still about a week away from returning.
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/Ex-Spur_Jackson_at_home_in_Carolina.html

DesignatedT
01-26-2010, 05:50 PM
hmm should be any game then

FalleNxWiZarDx
01-26-2010, 05:53 PM
Im sure most of you noobs already know that as you grow older it takes a bit longer for the healing process to take place...

spurtilldeath
01-26-2010, 05:53 PM
I would have taken Finley shoot a three in yesterday's last play over Gino driving. Something like the last play against the hornets game last year. I miss him for such moments. There were a few games last season that we won because of his shots.

HarlemHeat37
01-26-2010, 05:54 PM
This is by far the slowest recovery I've ever seen from a sprained ankle..it's unbelievable..I hope it means Finley is going to be a part of a package, because having him is useless other than that..the guy takes like 2 months to recover from an ankle sprain, that's what age does to you..

I guess it's possible that this is the only way Pop could resist to play him..

DesignatedT
01-26-2010, 05:57 PM
^^ I really never understood most the finley hate. guy has been nothing but solid in the past and has hit many big shots in silver and black. that being said, he really is old and i don't see us sending him anywhere. but, i do understand why people question why he gets so many minutes at times.

I can actually seeing him get back into the rotation if we were to ship mason,bonner, etc. for another big or something.

SenorSpur
01-26-2010, 05:59 PM
Who cares?

BlackSwordsMan
01-26-2010, 06:00 PM
stern wanted females in the nba you think it's too late to bring becky hammon for this season to join the spurs?

BlackSwordsMan
gimme dat becky stern

DesignatedT
Who cares?

Obviously i do, or i wouldnt be making a thread about it....??

SenorSpur
01-26-2010, 06:16 PM
Obviously i do, or i wouldnt be making a thread about it....??

Well, in case you've missed him in action the past 2-3 years, the answer is YES he is that bad. Sure he's got a sweet jumper, but what else? Nothing. At this point, the Spurs do not need anymore terrible defenders on the floor.

DesignatedT
01-26-2010, 06:18 PM
Finleys Defense > Mason and RJ.

01-26-2010, 06:25 PM
the savior?

BigJoeD
01-26-2010, 06:29 PM
Oh hell no!!! ^^^^

SenorSpur
01-26-2010, 06:33 PM

That's like saying death by lethal injection is better than a fatal car crash. It's all bad, so what does it matter?

DesignatedT
01-26-2010, 06:34 PM
That's like saying death by lethal injection is better than a fatal car crash. It's all bad, so what does it matter?

:lol touche

BigJoeD
01-26-2010, 06:38 PM
Douche!!! ;)

HarlemHeat37
01-26-2010, 07:02 PM
I don't hate Finley, I hate the coach that loves him..workplace love relationships are tough to maintain, especially in a workplace that brings so much pressure..

The Truth #6
01-26-2010, 07:44 PM
Finley is the key to the season. No use bringing him back to quick. We need to save some of that magic for our closeout game against the Lakers in the Western Conference Finals.

baseline bum
01-26-2010, 07:47 PM
Damn, now you know the season is fucked when people are begging for Finley back in the lineup. Next it'll be "We want Beno!" threads.

DesignatedT
01-26-2010, 07:52 PM
Damn, now you know the season is fucked when people are begging for Finley back in the lineup. Next it'll be "We want Beno!" threads.

Ive havent seen one person begging for finley to be back into the lineup. Was simply asking other fans a simple basketball question... Do you think finley can still make an impact this season and is there something behind the reason that its taking so long to come back from a mild ankle sprain.

All i was saying was he couldn't do any worse than jefferson right now. and thats fact.

Cane
01-26-2010, 07:58 PM
It'd be nice to at least have another option when Bogans goes cold or boneheaded. Still a shitty gamble but it pays off once in a while...right Pop? The Spurs seem to have been pretty cold from three lately and thats supposed to be a strength - maybe gambling on a healthy Bonner and Finley paid off more than I thought...be nice to have some 40+% shooters as lesser options and guys hitting open shots once in a while.

With Malik's recent D-league accomplishments he might have earned whatever Finley had coming up. Maybe Finley will be utilized like Ratliff but considering the recent slump I think the lineups are going to change around so who knows...

SpursRulez4eVeR
01-26-2010, 08:08 PM
fin can do what RJ is doing if not better ,that said please come back!!

TJastal
01-26-2010, 08:13 PM

DesignatedT
01-26-2010, 08:17 PM

Has Masons defense impressed you? Or is it RJ's lack of effort on defense that has?

TJastal
01-26-2010, 08:48 PM
Has Masons defense impressed you? Or is it RJ's lack of effort on defense that has?

I don't know why these guys get singled out repeatedly for lack of defense. They make convenient scapegoats apparently.

Mason has played very solid defense this year. He's playing decent man to man and rebounding well. Jefferson could use a little improvement, especially on making the proper rotations. But his man to man hasn't been too bad actually especially considering he's been having to guard power forwards quite often. Against Tyrus Thomas yesterday, for example, Jefferson pressured him into a turnover and then blocked his shot on the very next possession. I think if anything Jefferson needs to get more aggressive on offense like he was doing earlier in the year when he was posterizing people and taking it to the rim aggressively.

To the contrary, I think Parker's all around defense has been easily the worst on the team. Good point guards have been lighting him up all year long. I think the PF has a bit to do with it, but then again Parker has never been a stud on defense.

Blair's defense has been really bad as well. He misses even more rotations than Jefferson. At least he's doing more on the offensive end to make up for it with his offensive rebounding.

DesignatedT
01-26-2010, 09:06 PM
I don't know why these guys get singled out repeatedly for lack of defense. They make convenient scapegoats apparently.

Mason has played very solid defense this year. He's playing decent man to man and rebounding well. Jefferson could use a little improvement, especially on making the proper rotations. But his man to man hasn't been too bad actually especially considering he's been having to guard power forwards quite often. Against Tyrus Thomas yesterday, for example, Jefferson pressured him into a turnover and then blocked his shot on the very next possession. I think if anything Jefferson needs to get more aggressive on offense like he was doing earlier in the year when he was posterizing people and taking it to the rim aggressively.

To the contrary, I think Parker's all around defense has been easily the worst on the team. Good point guards have been lighting him up all year long. I think the PF has a bit to do with it, but then again Parker has never been a stud on defense.

Blair's defense has been really bad as well. He misses even more rotations than Jefferson. At least he's doing more on the offensive end to make up for it with his offensive rebounding.

His move to the 4 is a result of him not being able to gaurd the opposing 3 at times. guys like josh howard are just too quick, but i dont think thats the problem

Jefferson has been terrible on defense, and i agree that its hard to call any of our perimeter defenders out simply because our interior defense is so weak.

The spurs defense in the past has always relied on our perimeter defenders forcing the opposition to put the ball on the ground and take it into the paint only to run into two 7 foot shotblockers. now we have 1 shotblocker who is sadly not the same as he used to be and also cant play the whole game, and then we have a 6'5 center in there with blair or jefferson or mason playing big next to tim.

its simply small ball that is the problem on defense.

JoeShmoe
01-26-2010, 09:23 PM
I know everyone dumps on Finley because of his mediocre to bad defensive abilities, but as was stated earlier I think with the position this team is in he could've had more of an impact on some of these past games than our other players. I'm not saying Finley is a "closer", but when we've needed some buckets late in these games with no one to turn to, he could've been our option. He hit some awfully big shots for us last season. When the game is tight, he always seems calm and focused enough to take a good shot. Plus when he's on his game he's got one of the sweetest shots around.

DesignatedT
01-26-2010, 09:29 PM
I know everyone dumps on Finley because of his mediocre to bad defensive abilities, but as was stated earlier I think with the position this team is in he could've had more of an impact on some of these past games than our other players. I'm not saying Finley is a "closer", but when we've needed some buckets late in these games with no one to turn to, he could've been our option. He hit some awfully big shots for us last season. When the game is tight, he always seems calm and focused enough to take a good shot. Plus when he's on his game he's got one of the sweetest shots around.

i agree that finley could help in these close games. say what you want about him but the dude is clutch.

that being said, rj and hill and the new guys need these games to gain some experience in these close games, because thats how every playoff game is going to be.

yes, we will make the playoffs :lol

Josepatches_
01-26-2010, 10:13 PM
fin can do what RJ is doing if not better ,that said please come back!!

The fact is that he can do it better.At least he can make a 3 or a FT.

lennyalderette
01-26-2010, 10:40 PM
did someone say finley is solid?? ahahahahahah

hes everything but solid my friend!! hes not even hitting his jumper as of late!!! hes even worse on defense this year which means he plays no defense what so ever, whoever finley and bonner are guarding thats who the ball goes to!!! do you watch freaking spurs games??? pay attention!! finley bonner and parker are the terrible defenders, mason isnt to good either but pay attention to whats going on when theyre defending players

DesignatedT
01-26-2010, 11:08 PM
did someone say finley is solid?? ahahahahahah

hes everything but solid my friend!! hes not even hitting his jumper as of late!!! hes even worse on defense this year which means he plays no defense what so ever, whoever finley and bonner are guarding thats who the ball goes to!!! do you watch freaking spurs games??? pay attention!! finley bonner and parker are the terrible defenders, mason isnt to good either but pay attention to whats going on when theyre defending players

no i dont watch spurs games? i just look at the box score and base everything on that.

Sean Cagney
01-26-2010, 11:12 PM
Didnt see any threads on him but seriously,

Where is he?

Do you think he can still contribute to this team? things cant get any worse then right now.

IMO his defense is both better than RJ and Mason.

GOOD LORD THOSE TWO REALLY SUCK ON D MAN :rollin:rollin:depressed

Budkin
01-27-2010, 12:02 AM

So true... what a horrible season.

duncan228
01-27-2010, 12:50 AM
McDonald tonight.

Finley practices: Michael Finley, out since Dec. 5 with a sprained left ankle, went through his second full practice Tuesday, yet there remains no specific timetable for his return to game action.

“He's getting closer, but he's not ready yet by his own admission,” Popovich said.

timtonymanu
01-27-2010, 07:17 AM
People wanted Finley and Bonner gone before the season. They were 1 and 2 in the offseason get rid of list. Now people are dying to see them come back. Like baseline said, you know your season's in the shitter when you want Finley and Bonner back and sadly I feel the same way.