PDA

View Full Version : Suns firesale

vicphoenix13
01-26-2010, 06:14 PM
Now that it appears the Suns will trade Amare, what are the chances that Nash, Hill and Richardson get dealt as well? Why would Nash and Hill want to stick with the Suns if they are willing to take garbage back in a Amare trade? Its time for Kerr to tear it down completely.

21_Blessings
01-26-2010, 06:39 PM
They won't trade Nash.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-26-2010, 07:05 PM
Why would Nash and Hill want to stick with the Suns

Idk, it could have something to do with the fact they both signed contracts with them last summer. Nash and Hill have made it clear they don't give two shits about winning.

Donkeybong
01-26-2010, 07:07 PM
I like Hill. He's been pretty solid

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-26-2010, 07:07 PM
I like Hill. He's been pretty solid

He started off well and has done jack shit since then.

Xylus
01-26-2010, 08:18 PM
Hill needs to retire. He doesn't really have much left in the tank.

I think the Suns need to start rebuilding right now. Trade Nash for youth. This season is obviously a complete failure, so we might as well tank starting now.

pawe
01-26-2010, 09:55 PM
They can start by trading for Jefferson and Rubio.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-26-2010, 10:14 PM
They can start by trading for Jefferson and Rubio.

Why do people think Vicky Rubio will be any good?

pauls931
01-26-2010, 10:16 PM
amare is intentionally fouling tonight to protect himself.

sribb43
01-26-2010, 10:42 PM
Gragic + salary cap filler for Dirk

DubMcDub
01-26-2010, 10:56 PM
He started off well and has done jack shit since then.

Kind of like the Suns this season.

duhoh
01-26-2010, 10:58 PM

how true. the start was way more than what the league expected

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-26-2010, 11:28 PM

Thanks for stating the obvious!

vicphoenix13
01-26-2010, 11:34 PM
Idk, it could have something to do with the fact they both signed contracts with them last summer. Nash and Hill have made it clear they don't give two shits about winning.

What would you have said if Nash and Hill bailed on the Suns after last season? They get some credit from me for not doing what so many star players do. Guys like Gary Payton and Karl Malone became ring chasers in their last few seasons.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-26-2010, 11:38 PM
What would you have said if Nash and Hill bailed on the Suns after last season?

Not everyone is like you and only watches the Suns because of Nash. Considering I wanted the Suns to rebuild and get a young team I would have been more than happy with Nash and Hill leaving.

vicphoenix13
01-26-2010, 11:46 PM
Not everyone is like you and only watches the Suns because of Nash. Considering I wanted the Suns to rebuild and get a young team I would have been more than happy with Nash and Hill leaving.

And yet Kerr wanted them back to make that Kurt Thomas trade easier to digest. They owe OKC a first round pick this year and tearing it down would have meant a top five pick is given away. At least now the Suns will be surrendering a pick between 12 and 15.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-26-2010, 11:50 PM
They owe OKC a first round pick this year and tearing it down would have meant a top five pick is given away. At least now the Suns will be surrendering a pick between 12 and 15.

What does making the pick OKC gets worse do for the Suns?

lefty
01-26-2010, 11:50 PM
They won't trade Nash.
No but they can hold him as a hostage and request 30000000000 U$D from the Canadian government, so they can afford James, Wade and Bosh next summer

vicphoenix13
01-26-2010, 11:56 PM
What does making the pick OKC gets worse do for the Suns?

Well, for starters they would be making another Western Conference team much better. Second of all, when you make a bad trade you better make sure you do everything possible to minimize the damage. How awful would Kerr look if he ended up giving away a top lottery pick simply for the gaining cap relief on Kurt Thomas's contract.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-27-2010, 12:02 AM
Well, for starters they would be making another Western Conference team much better. Second of all, when you make a bad trade you better make sure you do everything possible to minimize the damage. How awful would Kerr look if he ended up giving away a top lottery pick simply for the gaining cap relief on Kurt Thomas's contract.

I asked what that does for the Suns. Waiting a year to rebuild in order to make a trade look less bad than it was is some of the dumbest logic I've ever heard. I could really give a shit about how high or low OKC's pick is, Phoenix won't be competing with them for the foreseeable future after this year, I want them to do what is best for the Suns' future, not what is best for Kerr's resume.

himat
01-27-2010, 12:02 AM
You guys HAVE to trade Amare. Your season is withering away. Early on it looked like a whole different Suns team. You guys were winning...even playing some good defense.

I think that was the last sign of a good Suns team though. Get something for Amare before he walks away.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-27-2010, 12:03 AM
You guys HAVE to trade Amare. Your season is withering away. Early on it looked like a whole different Suns team. You guys were winning...even playing some good defense.

I think that was the last sign of a good Suns team though. Get something for Amare before he walks away.

Why is everyone so worried about trading a 27 year old player who has plenty of good years left? Trading Nash and Hill should be a way higher priority.

himat
01-27-2010, 12:08 AM
Why is everyone so worried about trading a 27 year old player who has plenty of good years left? Trading Nash and Hill should be a way higher priority.

Well it seems as if Amare will walk. He is already talking about how he thinks he will be traded, the team might not make the playoffs. Why would he want to stay? If he did, then yeah the Suns should not trade him, but what is the benefit of taking the high risk of him walking away?

And the only way a team takes old players is if they are borderline contenders ala the Pistons in 04 trading for Rasheed.

But what team in the NBA that is almost a contender needs a good veteran PG?
Atlanta? They have Bibby and Johnson
Charlotte? Maybe but they are probably going to roll with their young guys
Orlando? That could be good actually. Very good. Who would Orlando trade though?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-27-2010, 12:10 AM
Well it seems as if Amare will walk. He is already talking about how he thinks he will be traded, the team might not make the playoffs. Why would he want to stay? If he did, then yeah the Suns should not trade him, but what is the benefit of taking the high risk of him walking away.

And the only way a team takes old players is if they are borderline contenders ala the Pistons in 04 trading for Rasheed.

But what team in the NBA that is almost a contender needs a good veteran PG?
Atlanta? They have Bibby and Johnson
Charlotte? Maybe but they are probably going to roll with their young guys
Orlando? That could be good actually. Very good. Who would Orlando trade though?

If Donny Walsh approves, Antoni would surely make a trade for his little butt buddy. The reason I'm pissed is because Portland offered Phoenix a tempting package of young players this off season for Nash and they chose to extend him.

vicphoenix13
01-27-2010, 12:14 AM
I asked what that does for the Suns. Waiting a year to rebuild in order to make a trade look less bad than it was is some of the dumbest logic I've ever heard. I could really give a shit about how high or low OKC's pick is, Phoenix won't be competing with them for the foreseeable future after this year, I want them to do what is best for the Suns' future, not what is best for Kerr's resume.

Dumb logic? Part of the role of GM is to make sure that fellow GM's don't benefit from your mistakes. Also, how are the Suns supposed to rebuild this season when they don't have any picks in the 2010 draft? It wasn't a bad idea to hold on to assets like Amare, Nash and Hill. You wait until the trade deadline and there will be some desperate teams willing to give up some young talent. Look at Miami for instance. They need to show Wade that they are intent on winning.

himat
01-27-2010, 12:14 AM
If Donny Walsh approves, Antoni would surely make a trade for his little butt buddy. The reason I'm pissed is because Portland offered Phoenix a tempting package of young players this off season for Nash and they chose to extend him.

Really? What was the trade offer from Portland?

I think the only thing the Knicks have that they would give up is picks though. They are not getting rid of David Lee and he is their only really good player. Robinson is good sometimes, Gallinario is all right, Hughes has always been an under acheiver, Suns don't need a guy like Al Harrington. Who would you want in return from the Knicks?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-27-2010, 12:15 AM
Part of the role of GM is to make sure that fellow GM's don't benefit from your mistakes.

:lmao no it's not. The role of the GM is to do what's best for the team, not what's best at minimizing their mistakes.

tlongII
01-27-2010, 12:16 AM
The Suns should build around Channing Frye. There's your superstar right there.

himat
01-27-2010, 12:17 AM
The Suns should build around Channing Frye. There's your superstar right there.

:lol He is solid big man. Thats it.

vicphoenix13
01-27-2010, 12:18 AM

The Suns are never trading Nash to the Knicks dumbass. They don't have anything the Suns want besides David Lee.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-27-2010, 12:18 AM
Really? What was the trade offer from Portland?

There were tons of rumors as to what the deal was, some of them involved Aldridge but I didn't believe those. If I had to guess they offered a deal involving Outlaw and Bayless, two players who would fill a lot of holes on the current Suns and would do what I want Kerr to do, just stockpile as many long, lanky, young athletes as possible.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-27-2010, 12:19 AM
The Suns are never trading Nash to the Knicks dumbass. They don't have anything the Suns want besides David Lee.

Maybe you're Nash sack swinging retarded brain doesn't believe this but no other team in the NBA wants Nash.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-27-2010, 12:22 AM
Also, how are the Suns supposed to rebuild this season when they don't have any picks in the 2010 draft?

Rebuilding isn't an over night process. I didn't want them to trade Nash so they'd suck and get a high draft pick, I wanted them to trade Nash because they wouldn't be able to rebuild as long as he is on the team and his value is only gonna shrink.

himat
01-27-2010, 12:26 AM
There were tons of rumors as to what the deal was, some of them involved Aldridge but I didn't believe those. If I had to guess they offered a deal involving Outlaw and Bayless, two players who would fill a lot of holes on the current Suns and would do what I want Kerr to do, just stockpile as many long, lanky, young athletes as possible.

Yeah there is no way Blazers would trade Aldridge for him. I could see them trade Outlaw and Bayless. I don't really see why they wouldn't take that risk:

PG: Nash
SG: Roy
SF: Webster
PF: Aldridge
C: Oden

They probably wouldn't have gotten Andre Miller then so they could have got someone else...and their bench would be

PG: Blake
SG: Fernandaz
SF: Howard
PF: Batum
C: Pryzbilla

If it weren't for injuries this team would be really good.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-27-2010, 12:26 AM
But you're right that extending Nash was the right move. The Suns are currently the 8th seed but have more losses than the 11th seed, will have absolutely no cap room in the off season to improve, have no noticeable young talent other than Dragic, are only gonna be worse in 2011, and are not going to be in good position to rebuild for awhile because of Nash's extension.

I guess all that's OK since OKC won't be getting a top 10 pick.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-27-2010, 12:31 AM
Yeah there is no way Blazers would trade Aldridge for him. I could see them trade Outlaw and Bayless. I don't really see why they wouldn't take that risk:

PG: Nash
SG: Roy
SF: Webster
PF: Aldridge
C: Oden

They probably wouldn't have gotten Andre Miller then so they could have got someone else...and their bench would be

PG: Blake
SG: Fernandaz
SF: Howard
PF: Batum
C: Pryzbilla

If it weren't for injuries this team would be really good.

Yeah and this team would be able to show some promise

Dragic
Bayless
Outlaw
Amare
Lopez

With Dudley and Clark as two young players off the bench.

vicphoenix13
01-27-2010, 12:32 AM
:lmao no it's not. The role of the GM is to do what's best for the team, not what's best at minimizing their mistakes.

Really? Then I'm sure Kerr would be thrilled in explaining how getting rid of Kurt Thomas's contract could cost a top lottery pick. There are plenty of examples of GM's losing out on superstars because they didn't minimize the damage. For example, the Grizzlies lost out on the chance to draft Dwyane Wade all because of Stu Jackson's incompetence. No fan wants to be haunted by the fact that their favorite team could have had a certain player.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-27-2010, 12:33 AM
Really? Then I'm sure Kerr would be thrilled in explaining how getting rid of Kurt Thomas's contract could cost a top lottery pick. There are plenty of examples of GM's losing out on superstars because they didn't minimize the damage. For example, the Grizzlies lost out on the chance to draft Dwyane Wade all because of Stu Jackson's incompetence. No fan wants to be haunted by the fact that their favorite team could have had a certain player.

Good job using Steve Kerr as an example of what a GM is supposed to do :tu

himat
01-27-2010, 12:34 AM
Yeah and this team would be able to show some promise

Dragic
Bayless
Outlaw
Amare
Lopez

With Dudley and Clark as two young players off the bench.

Looking at your comments on J-Rich you will probably hate me for telling you that Jason would start over either Dragic or Bayless at SG.

Either way that would be a nice young team. But I don't think you should dwell on what could of happened. Its just going to piss you off.

Trust me I always think about how the Pistons could have won multiple championships if we drafted Melo over Darko. And it ticks me off every time.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-27-2010, 12:35 AM
Really? Then I'm sure Kerr would be thrilled in explaining how getting rid of Kurt Thomas's contract could cost a top lottery pick.

I'm sure it'd be a lot easier to explain that than to explain why he made critical decisions that impact the Suns' future based on the fact he didn't want to look bad.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-27-2010, 12:36 AM
Looking at your comments on J-Rich you will probably hate me for telling you that Jason would start over either Dragic or Bayless at SG.

Either way that would be a nice young team. But I don't think you should dwell on what could of happened. Its just going to piss you off.

Trust me I always think about how the Pistons could have won multiple championships if we drafted Melo over Darko. And it ticks me off every time.

Yes he would. I'm just pretending he doesn't exist.

vicphoenix13
01-27-2010, 12:36 AM
Maybe you're Nash sack swinging retarded brain doesn't believe this but no other team in the NBA wants Nash.

Okay drama queen. I wonder if your hate for Nash will disappear when he is eventually traded. Its ironic that you call me retarded and yet you say "no other team in the NBA wants Nash."

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-27-2010, 12:38 AM
Okay drama queen. I wonder if your hate for Nash will disappear when he is eventually traded. Its ironic that you call me retarded and yet you say "no other team in the NBA wants Nash."

Think about it. No team other than New York would really want Nash right now.

da_suns_fan
01-27-2010, 12:39 AM
Can we trade Amare for Diaw since Diaw just pwned him AGAIN?!!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-27-2010, 12:40 AM
Can we trade Amare for Diaw since Diaw just pwned him AGAIN?!!

Can we just kill J-Rich?

vicphoenix13
01-27-2010, 12:40 AM
I'm sure it'd be a lot easier to explain that than to explain why he made critical decisions that impact the Suns' future based on the fact he didn't want to look bad.

The problems start at the ownership level. Robert Sarver directed both D'Antoni and Kerr to get under the luxury tax. Other organizations knew this and were able to rip off the Suns. How good would the Suns be right now if they didn't give away Rajon Rondo?

da_suns_fan
01-27-2010, 12:41 AM
Can we just kill J-Rich?

We'd still have to pay his contract. :lol

himat
01-27-2010, 12:43 AM
Can we just kill J-Rich?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYz-_AsTASY

:lmao

LeBron runs so damn fast on that play though. Just watch him.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-27-2010, 12:43 AM
The problems start at the ownership level. Robert Sarver directed both D'Antoni and Kerr to get under the luxury tax. Other organizations knew this and were able to rip off the Suns. How good would the Suns be right now if they didn't give away Rajon Rondo?

I agree there but that's why Kerr wouldn't care so much. Most people know that Sarver was the biggest advocate of the KT trade, Antoni basically said go ahead, I never liked using KT to begin with, and Kerr just went along. Of all the things Kerr has fucked up I don't blame him for that.

vicphoenix13
01-27-2010, 12:48 AM
Think about it. No team other than New York would really want Nash right now.

So the Cavs wouldn't give up Z along with picks for Nash?
The Blazers wouldn't give an unhappy Andre Miller, Rudy Fernandez and Jerryd Bayless for Nash?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-27-2010, 12:51 AM
So the Cavs wouldn't give up Z along with picks for Nash?
The Blazers wouldn't give an unhappy Andre Miller, Rudy Fernandez and Jerryd Bayless for Nash?

Well yeah I guess the Cavs would but I kinda meant a team that could give a reasonable package back. Even I wouldn't trade Nash for an expiring contract and a few late first round picks.

And with Portland, no. With Roy at SG the PG is only gonna have the ball in has hands so much and be so productive.

vicphoenix13
01-27-2010, 12:55 AM
I agree there but that's why Kerr wouldn't care so much. Most people know that Sarver was the biggest advocate of the KT trade, Antoni basically said go ahead, I never liked using KT to begin with, and Kerr just went along. Of all the things Kerr has fucked up I don't blame him for that.

I blame both Sarver and Kerr for the Kurt Thomas trade. Sarver should have realized how important keeping the team together was and Kerr should have convinced Sarver to pay the luxury tax another year.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-27-2010, 12:58 AM
I blame both Sarver and Kerr for the Kurt Thomas trade. Sarver should have realized how important keeping the team together was and Kerr should have convinced Sarver to pay the luxury tax another year.

At the time Kerr was a rookie GM with little influence on the team. If anyone would have been able to convince Sarver to keep KT and pay the luxury tax it woulda been Mike D'antoni, but he openly and publicly said he didn't want to use Kurt Thomas and regrets using him against the Spurs in 2007 because it made it so they tried to beat the Spurs at their own game. Kerr had little to no power on the KT situation.

vicphoenix13
01-27-2010, 12:59 AM
Well yeah I guess the Cavs would but I kinda meant a team that could give a reasonable package back. Even I wouldn't trade Nash for an expiring contract and a few late first round picks.

And with Portland, no. With Roy at SG the PG is only have the ball in has hands so much and be so productive.

Nash doesn't have to be the playmaker on those teams. With the defense focusing on stopping Roy in the paint, Nash would be wide open to shoot away.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-27-2010, 01:01 AM
Nash doesn't have to be the playmaker on those teams. With the defense focusing on stopping Roy in the paint, Nash would be wide open to shoot away.

yeah but why would they trade all that away for someone who would just be a spot up shooter getting paid a lot? Nash would be really good at that role but he would no longer be productive enough to justify trading all that.

vicphoenix13
01-27-2010, 01:10 AM
yeah but why would they trade all that away for someone who would just be a spot up shooter getting paid a lot? Nash would be really good at that role but he would no longer be productive enough to justify trading all that.

Its not like Nash wouldn't be a playmaker. But he would have Roy around to help take care of those responsibilities. Even if Nash's assist totals go way down, its unlikely his shooting percentage will. There aren't alot of guards averaging 18 points a game on 53 percent shooting.