PDA

View Full Version : Way to make a McMountain out of a McMolehill

Dex
01-26-2010, 07:30 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8481827.stm

McDonald's 'wrong' to fire worker over cheese slice

A McDonald's outlet in the Netherlands was wrong to sack an employee for giving a colleague a piece of cheese on a hamburger, a court has ruled.
The waitress was fired last March after she sold a hamburger to a co-worker who then asked for cheese, which she added.
The fast-food chain argued this turned the hamburger into a cheeseburger, and so she should have charged more.
But Leeuwarden district court ruled a written warning would have been more appropriate.

McDonald's was ordered to pay the former employee more than 4,200 euros ($5,900; £3,660) for the last five months of her contract.
The fast-food chain had argued that the waitress - who was employed at a branch in the northern town of Lemmer - had broken staff rules prohibiting free gifts to family, friends or colleagues.
But the court said in its written judgement: "The dismissal was too severe a measure. It is just a slice of cheese," reports AFP news agency.
The ruling comes days after McDonald's reported an increase in net profits by almost a quarter in the last three months of 2009.

See, stupid shit happens everywhere.

RGMCSE
01-26-2010, 11:05 PM
I mean I cant get a complimentary napkin and a pack of ketchup, how the fuck is this guy going to get complimentary cheese???

Bitch got what she deserved!:wakeup

Rob

Bender
01-27-2010, 10:22 AM
all that for a 5 cent piece of "processed cheese product"

I. Hustle
01-27-2010, 10:25 AM
They have contracts to work at McDonalds?

Whisky Dog
01-27-2010, 10:44 AM
In the Netherlands they do

Bigzax
01-27-2010, 10:50 AM
they frown on eating nuggets in the kitchen too...

i remember my managers words..."quality check, my ass!"

remember to pause, that's what the commas for...or else the meaning is totally different.

DarkReign
01-27-2010, 12:14 PM
They have contracts to work at McDonalds?

The Europeans on the board can correct me if I am wrong, but I am quite sure Europeans in general work on contract. Its their employment method.

I know the family I have in Germany all work on a contract with their employers. One is a waitress, another a detailer (engineering), etc, etc.

Its standard practice.

balli
01-27-2010, 12:19 PM
Its standard practice.
It's libtard, commie, socio-fascism.

Soul_Patch
01-27-2010, 01:36 PM
It's libtard, commie, socio-fascism.

in other words....i dont understand it so i must attack it because its different!

Soul_Patch
01-27-2010, 01:56 PM
I wonder if you can be traded..

Like McDonalds #223 trades with Burger King #119, they send a max contract franchise fryer for a 2cd string Manager, 2 expirings, and cash.

MiamiHeat
01-27-2010, 04:00 PM
America shits all over their workforce, while Europe protects them and even gives them long midday nap times.

I. Hustle
01-27-2010, 04:07 PM
I thought about moving to a European country to work. Then I got married.