PDA

View Full Version : Knicks want PJ?

polandprzem
04-28-2005, 05:18 AM
Along with former Timberwolves coach Flip Saunders, the newest candidate for the Knicks coaching job appears to be Spurs assistant P.J. Carlesimo.
-- Newark Star Ledger

Solid D
04-28-2005, 07:25 AM
I'm sure Malik knows PJ's skills well and shared his thoughts with Isaiah.

The NY press and fans are merciless and only the strong survive.

ducks
04-28-2005, 09:32 AM
sometimes I wonder if pop would do better with a new assistant
and he did not coach the usa before

CosmicCowboy
04-28-2005, 09:40 AM
Damn...I hope if PJ goes there it is for a LOT of money and a guaranteed contract. He will earn every penny. That team is in the ultimate NBA purgatory...Cap hell forever and yet a little too good to land top lottery picks...plus with the resurgence/moving of the Nets they will be the Clippers of New York in a brutal media market...

exstatic
04-28-2005, 10:29 AM
I wish PJ the best. He may have to take a shitty job like the Knicks to get back on the coaching carousel.

spur219
04-28-2005, 11:08 AM
Pop loves PJ. Mostly because you have 2 great coaches running a team. PJ is a coach with head coaching credentials and I am pretty sure PJ points out things to Pop. PJ will also make some decisions under certain situations. I like PJ's experience and coaching.

2centsworth
04-28-2005, 11:13 AM
I hope PJ gets the opportunity. He's been a great coach for the spurs. Knicks are going to need one or two bigmen if they're going to play spurs type defense.

bigbendbruisebrother
04-28-2005, 11:45 AM
I hope for his sake he turns down NY if offered. With the contracts he's put in place, Isaiah has dug himself a hole and set the next coach up to fail.

However, I do hope that PJ goes east. Talk about a guy that knows everything about our team.