PDA

View Full Version : spursreport.com

The Instigator
01-26-2010, 10:37 PM
Its like a ghost town there. What happened to that place?

grindmouse
01-26-2010, 10:58 PM
Its like a ghost town there. What happened to that place?

Kori left them with their pants on the ground.

The Instigator
01-26-2010, 11:03 PM
niiiiicccce!!!!!

mookie2001
01-26-2010, 11:20 PM
Link?

DizzG.
01-26-2010, 11:34 PM
WTF? I just came from there the place is on fire!

Cry Havoc
01-26-2010, 11:36 PM

Thread over.

Twisted_Dawg
01-27-2010, 04:34 AM
JizzG and Mom Bear banned everyone that had a logical dissenting opinion of the Spurs or if they did not agree with your view. The demise of Spurs Report was due to the actions of their very lousy worthless moderators.

Steve Perry
01-27-2010, 04:47 AM
JizzG and Mom Bear banned everyone that had a logical dissenting opinion of the Spurs or if they did not agree with your view. The demise of Spurs Report was due to the actions of their very lousy worthless moderators.

Translation: KARMA?

holcs50
01-27-2010, 06:28 AM

Lookin like a fool with ya pants on the ground....

JudynTX
01-27-2010, 08:49 AM

Those lousy worthless moderators are all gone now, so why is it still a dump?:rolleyes

admiralsnackbar
01-27-2010, 09:07 AM
Those lousy worthless moderators are all gone now, so why is it still a dump?:rolleyes

The new ones seem to quash dissenting opinions as readily as the old ones did. Can't speak to how handy they are with the ban-stick since I spend so little time there, but I know they have no qualms about deleting posts that "don't stay on topic" (read: displease mods or make reference to the MomBear-caused diaspora).

SpursStalker
01-27-2010, 09:08 AM
Who gives a fuck anymore ...

:sleep

admiralsnackbar
01-27-2010, 09:11 AM
Who gives a fuck anymore ...

I guess I do, academically: they went from being one of the best places to one of the worst in record time :lol

SpursStalker
01-27-2010, 09:16 AM
I guess I do, academically: they went from being one of the best places to one of the worst in record time :lol

Tis true but whats done is done ... plus I'm sure you're better off not going over there.

:D

Blake
01-27-2010, 09:48 AM

:wakeup

PM5K
01-27-2010, 10:10 AM
I think one of the biggest reasons these forums work so well is because Kori leaves people alone for the most part, she doesn't need to go around banning people to make herself feel high and mighty, and she doesn't need to ban people so that there isn't anyone left to disagree with her opinion.

FalleNxWiZarDx
01-27-2010, 10:36 AM
I got tired of all the pop ups and advertisments........ heck there server didnt work half the time

Spurstalk > Spursreport

TheManFromAcme
01-27-2010, 01:00 PM
I got tired of all the pop ups and advertisments........ heck there server didnt work half the time

Spurstalk > Spursreport

:tu

That's precisely the reason why I left SR also.

Alex Jones
01-27-2010, 01:08 PM
I blame ladySpur, after she left the cantina SR became ENRON.

JudynTX
01-27-2010, 01:19 PM
I blame ladySpur, after she left the cantina SR became ENRON.

:lol:lol WTF

How can you blame me for its demise?

Kori Ellis
01-27-2010, 01:26 PM

It wasn't exactly record time. They have been declining since 2002, when that forum was at its peak. Within 2 years, they had about 1/5th of their peak traffic and then it just kept sliding to the point that it's almost ceased.

JudynTX
01-27-2010, 01:28 PM
It wasn't exactly record time. They have been declining since 2002, when that forum was at its peak. Within 2 years, they had about 1/5th of their peak traffic and then it just kept sliding to the point that it's almost ceased.

That's when I left. :D

LadySpursStalker
01-27-2010, 01:38 PM
spursreport.com..Its like a ghost town there. What happened to that place?

:lol:lmao:rollin:lmao:lol:rollin:lol:downspin::rol lin:downspin:

coyotes_geek
01-27-2010, 01:39 PM
This. Those bitches banned me cause I didn't love every Spur so I left.

At least you got a reason. I stopped posting there, starting posting here and at a couple other boards and then tried to log in back at SR one day and found out I had been given the "stealth ban" treatment. My avatar didn't have "Banned" above it, but I couldn't log in anymore. In the final days I sure wasn't happy about how SR had deteriorated, but it's not like I was badmouthing the site or anyone there. So it's still a mystery to me why I got dumped.

JudynTX
01-27-2010, 01:42 PM
At least you got a reason. I stopped posting there, starting posting here and at a couple other boards and then tried to log in back at SR one day and found out I had been given the "stealth ban" treatment.

That's why you got the stealth ban. :lol

coyotes_geek
01-27-2010, 01:45 PM
That's why you got the stealth ban. :lol

:lol

That's certainly the only thing I can think of.

JudynTX
01-27-2010, 01:51 PM
:lol

That's certainly the only thing I can think of.

Yea, you didn't bad mouth them, we took care of that. :lol

timvp
01-27-2010, 02:01 PM
I wish SR could get back on its feet. The ST Spurs forum isn't fit for the casual Spurs fan who struggles with trying to figure out complex concepts such as Finley can't be traded for LeBron, Tony Parker isn't the worst player in the NBA and that the Spurs existed before they won championships. Without quality control here, the demise of SR makes it seem like the sewer drain is backed up ...

jack sommerset
01-27-2010, 02:45 PM
SpursReport sucks ass. Banned well over 50 times from those punk asses but I have to be honest, I gave my opinion in the Spews forum and I was banned from there too. Spew fans are sensitive, especially durning the playoffs.

ATRAIN
01-27-2010, 02:54 PM
I wish some of the refugees would go back there.

admiralsnackbar
01-27-2010, 03:11 PM

Fair enough. I guess I never noticed because I found the people I liked chatting with/learning from (CG among them -- cheers compadre :toast) and filtered out the rest of the noise (of which there's plenty in any BB).

mouse
01-29-2010, 04:17 AM
I wish SR could get back on its feet. .

After they sequel like a Pig!

http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/image/0018/160371/inflamed-feet-pig.jpg

Scola
01-29-2010, 06:20 AM
I'm a Spurs Report refugee as well :]

Their website crashed in 2009 and the user database got wiped. I tried to re-register and they took like 3 months to send me the activation email.

MB20
01-29-2010, 11:24 AM
That place died when "we" left.

AHTSRM :hat

Edit: "The Cantina" at least. :lol

fatsack
01-29-2010, 11:34 AM
The demise of Spurs Report was due to the actions of their very lousy worthless moderators.

Bingo.

SpursStalker
01-29-2010, 11:43 AM

TheProfessor
01-29-2010, 11:48 AM
At least you got a reason. I stopped posting there, starting posting here and at a couple other boards and then tried to log in back at SR one day and found out I had been given the "stealth ban" treatment. My avatar didn't have "Banned" above it, but I couldn't log in anymore. In the final days I sure wasn't happy about how SR had deteriorated, but it's not like I was badmouthing the site or anyone there. So it's still a mystery to me why I got dumped.
Same thing happened to me, and probably to a lot of people who left at that time. The site was already going downhill, but at least had some dependable regulars with solid takes. After they got fed up with the overmod'ing bullshit and left, SR had no one left.

TheProfessor
01-29-2010, 11:49 AM

Pretty much :lol

JudynTX
01-29-2010, 11:50 AM

:lol Nego, is that you?

The SR Mafia :toast

coyotes_geek
01-29-2010, 11:52 AM

Come on now. The cantina is not dead. Why just last week someone posted there.

coyotes_geek
01-29-2010, 11:54 AM
Same thing happened to me, and probably to a lot of people who left at that time. The site was already going downhill, but at least had some dependable regulars with solid takes. After they got fed up with the overmod'ing bullshit and left, SR had no one left.

I knew I couldn't be the only one. Oh well. Their loss.

JudynTX
01-29-2010, 11:56 AM
I knew I couldn't be the only one. Oh well. Their loss.

When I left, I left. Never tried logging in again. I probably got the ultimate, super charged ban. :lol

samikeyp
01-29-2010, 12:03 PM
I got banned after 5 posts for disagreeing with Dusty Garza.

Fuck him and fuck his website...Karma is a bitch and it kicked him in the taint.

Good.

SpursStalker
01-29-2010, 12:04 PM
I got banned after 5 posts for disagreeing with Dusty Garza.

Fuck him and fuck his website...Karma is a bitch and it kicked him in the taint.

Good.

:clap

MB20
01-29-2010, 12:11 PM
:lol Nego, is that you?

The SR Mafia :toast

No. Try again. :lol

JudynTX
01-29-2010, 12:30 PM
No. Try again. :lol

Hmmmmm........ Matias? SID? Kyleo? Nate? :lol

MB20
01-29-2010, 12:55 PM

:toast

JudynTX
01-29-2010, 12:57 PM

:worthy: Hellloooooooo stranger.

MB20
01-29-2010, 01:16 PM
:worthy: Hellloooooooo stranger.

Hi Judy! Alternative sites never worked out, huh? :lol

JudynTX
01-29-2010, 01:22 PM
Hi Judy! Alternative sites never worked out, huh? :lol

No, they never do. We tried though, many times. :lol

“bright and shiny”
01-29-2010, 07:22 PM
I used to post as ZStomp :toast

TheProfessor
01-29-2010, 07:24 PM

SpursGirl21
01-29-2010, 07:26 PM
I was Ganuple! :)

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-29-2010, 08:40 PM
Why didn't Trey ever come over here? He was a good guy with great takes.

exstatic
01-29-2010, 10:46 PM

Kori had reams of email addys, and invited EVERYONE. I'm having a memory that trey didn't "get it" that the nexus of the party had moved, and decided to stay there. I could be wrong though.

My favorite Post SR memory is Dusty coming into the first forum and spamming it, asking how could it be a real site without press credentials. SR then lost theirs, but Amente continued to file "from the game" reports. :lol

Thompson
01-30-2010, 01:00 AM
I used to post there as 'Stupendous Man' (Calvin and Hobbes reference) but was banned after daring to argue with DizzG (I think) about the Scola trade. I thought it was bad. I think I was stealth banned too, I just couldn't log in anymore (made him look like he got in the last word).

I came back for a little while as 'castaway man.' I haven't gone back since their site went down a year or so ago. I have to say I liked that there wasn't as much crude content over there, but the mods did kind of ruin it.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-30-2010, 01:10 AM
I was Ganuple! :)

:lmao

See, now that is classic mouse. :toast

DizzG.
01-30-2010, 01:58 AM

I thought Trey was Ghost Writer.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-30-2010, 04:14 AM
Where has Ghost been? He has been gone for a while. About time he made his annual visit!

MB20
01-30-2010, 06:30 PM

Hey Kyle, how's law school going?
Is your brother here too?

:hat

Fpoonsie
01-30-2010, 07:55 PM
:lol Holy crap! Kyleo, Matias, Cast...

Wuz tha happy-hap, fellas?!?

The Power Hour.
01-30-2010, 07:57 PM

Fpoonsie is Cantina refugee? it may explain a lot now.

TheTruth
01-30-2010, 08:02 PM
Who is JasonR and what makes him the spursreport.com staff writer?

Fpoonsie
01-30-2010, 08:04 PM
Fpoonsie is Cantina refugee? it may explain a lot now.

...while mouse the moocher is up to his homeless ass in back rent, unpaid child support, etc.

"Explains a lot..."

Fpoonsie
01-30-2010, 08:04 PM

Lack of options?

He honestly wasn't terrible, but he certainly had an inflated sense of self that I'm assuming may have had something to do w/ that "prestige" attained on SR w/ that title.

I think I saw a Jason R post here recently. Wonder if it's the same guy...

grindmouse
01-30-2010, 08:48 PM
...while mouse the moocher is up to his homeless ass in back rent, unpaid child support, etc.

"Explains a lot..."

I can see now how how ST benefited from their loss. You bring so much to the site.

Now I have an excuse to ride your taint all up and down ST.... your an Ex SR poster, your lucky to even post here.. more less in peace and without me on your ass 24/7! And you can't at least leave your Cantina manners at home before you sign on line?

Since your updated on me like TMZ you would have noticed I have no where to go, or anyone to vent my anger on, and you want to volunteer for the job?

Be man not some young butt hurt EX SR posters who devotes his life on ST monitoring the life of mouse, and get a girl, like I did so you can be happy.

learn from my mistakes brah! your not Dusty Garza you still have time esse!

mouse
01-30-2010, 08:54 PM

If I recall properly he was at a site called Spurs central (now ClubSpurs) I think Blonde4Spurs was one of the site Administrators, he got some sort of job offer from Spursreport and left Blonde4Spurs all alone. I remember the night it happened there was a SpursCetral GTG, that is how I happened to find out. He decided without warning to just pack up and leave her site, and left them without a spurs writer, she was in tears and i felt sorry for her. I never had much respect for the vato ever since and i think he knew that when i got banned from Spursreport for the 5th time.

Thompson
01-31-2010, 03:04 AM

Howdy Fpoonsie, I have to say I was glad to see you started posting here. Did you eventually get banned too, or did you just leave?

Mister Sinister
01-31-2010, 03:12 AM
I used to post there as 'Stupendous Man' (Calvin and Hobbes reference) but was banned after daring to argue with DizzG (I think) about the Scola trade. I thought it was bad. I think I was stealth banned too, I just couldn't log in anymore (made him look like he got in the last word).

I came back for a little while as 'castaway man.' I haven't gone back since their site went down a year or so ago. I have to say I liked that there wasn't as much crude content over there, but the mods did kind of ruin it.
I think I remember that argument...I used to lurk/sometimes post as Shagia.Frost over there.

alamo50
01-31-2010, 06:44 AM
Dusty Garza.

Good.

Destro
01-31-2010, 12:02 PM
I was austin_spurs_fan

mouse
01-31-2010, 12:04 PM
I was able to post as Emeril a few times then "BAMM!" got banned for trying to be funny!

Joe Chalupa was pissed at me for weeks that was his screen name I ruined.

If The Cantina would have been left alone separate from SR I am sure LadySpur, SpursStaker and DizzG could have kept the traffic going. in fact the Cantina traffic was 10 times what the SR main forum gets today.

After Mombear showed up it was like the site got the swine flu.

Mister Sinister
01-31-2010, 12:40 PM
was anyone at SR smart enough to come up with a Shabia.Frost troll?
It was either that, or the fact that I tended to lurk more than I posted, and, really, what's the point in trolling a lurker?

Cant_Be_Faded
01-31-2010, 12:57 PM
shabia.frost
classic

i posted over there as myself back in 2002, then thispego was like, "they have this other forum, called spurstalk"

Fpoonsie
01-31-2010, 01:08 PM
I can see now how how ST benefited from their loss. You bring so much to the site.

Now I have an excuse to ride your taint all up and down ST.... your an Ex SR poster, your lucky to even post here.. more less in peace and without me on your ass 24/7! And you can't at least leave your Cantina manners at home before you sign on line?

Since your updated on me like TMZ you would have noticed I have no where to go, or anyone to vent my anger on, and you want to volunteer for the job?

Be man not some young butt hurt EX SR posters who devotes his life on ST monitoring the life of mouse, and get a girl, like I did so you can be happy.

learn from my mistakes brah! your not Dusty Garza you still have time esse!

For me being the supposed "butthurt" one, that sure was a spirited (albeit nonsensical) rant you just went on.

Fpoonsie
01-31-2010, 01:13 PM
Howdy Fpoonsie, I have to say I was glad to see you started posting here. Did you eventually get banned too, or did you just leave?

:toast It's good to see you too, bud...now that I know it's you, of course.

Nah, I didn't get banned...that I know of. I started noticing a significant drop off in the activity of some of the better posters, and then tried a few sites some of those SAME posters attempted to start up. Like Judy said, it was difficult to get/keep that traffic up, so I finally just settled over here.

I wonder if MoneyforNothing has an alias over here...?

JudynTX
02-01-2010, 09:59 AM
I was austin_spurs_fan

I remember you.