PDA

View Full Version : The Beat: Trade Winds Blowing

sananspursfan21
01-27-2010, 01:23 AM
I haven't seen this posted yet.

there's a big spurs segment in it. the analysts say that these trade proposals aren't necessarily based off of any leads, but who they would trade if they were the GMs. it's worth watching. as of lately, it's been made clear that the spurs are pushing for a possible big trade

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2010/01/26/20100126_beat_Ablock.nba/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

mytespurs
01-27-2010, 01:30 AM
Was this discussed:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145305

FeZZy
01-27-2010, 01:32 AM
I was just about to post this too its funny when they were giving the opening overview they showed tony parker like 5 times but didn't mention him I would love to have Antawn Jamison

sananspursfan21
01-27-2010, 01:35 AM
I was just about to post this too its funny when they were giving the opening overview they showed tony parker like 5 times but didn't mention him I would love to have Antawn Jamison

haha, sorry! yah, that was misleading.

i was kinda worried when i saw those clips. i love tony, but he's expendable, but i don't know if george hill can fill those shoes yet... or ever

Chieflion
01-27-2010, 01:38 AM
Can't believe Mike Monroe wanted a Jefferson and Vince Carter swap.

FeZZy
01-27-2010, 01:46 AM
I already posted this but how about...

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yz92cda

CubanMustGo
01-27-2010, 07:40 AM

What's interesting is that, according to the Hollinger, this trade would not help SA and actually hurts the other two teams.

draft87
01-27-2010, 08:50 AM
We need to find a way to grab Haywood from Washington, hey they wanna unload contracts we have Fin and bonner plus draft picks or cash even Mason or Bogans. That would really help our inside D out a bunch and would allow Blair to return to the bench.

If we could find a way to nab Prince from Det that would be a great assest. I think we are in a spot to grab both guys if we play our chips right. Det and Washington are looking for young big men............Ian or Splitter may be interesting chips for either team.

first, unrelated, i've been saying since over a year ago, two summers ago to be exact(and obviously before he hurt his wrist last year) that we should go after a guy like haywood. NOBODY gave me the time of day. he's a good body, obviously can play D, and can contribute more offense than most guys of that profile. his salary is a little high but not TOO high.

second, and moving on, i like that people are finally sold on haywood. i also like the idea of Prince. is his body ready to get thrown into the mix and hopefully for a deep post season run? i've always liked him, even with the contract. he's been part of the rough and tough Pistons teams, when he wants to he can do all of the things we need-tough D on multiple positions, slash, shoot from the perimeter, pass, handle the ball, rebound. I like his size especially if Pop sticks to small ball. I haven't watched Detroit/Dallas games but in theory I think he could help against Nowitzki. His height and wingspan seem like the right combination to play him inside and out. The size obviously could help against all the big 3s that we can't really guard like, Durant, Anthony, Artest, and the more recent and embarassing- Kirilenko.

third, unfortunately there really isn't any way we can take on the 6 million or so that Haywood makes and the $10-11 million that Prince makes. Haywood's contract is over this year but what's he going to want to resign at? either way, is anyone going to take Jefferson? do we want to keep Jefferson? what's our small forward rotation? Prince/Manu/Finley? we'd have to trade Jefferson to make space for either or both Haywood/Prince. but that's a moot point because I really don't see a way to clear space for both players.

fourth, I think the whole frontline rotation is FUCKED. I'm not a gut-reaction bitch who just can't handle losing. I can take a loss(or twenty), as I posted before, I archive all games, including losses. ...but we're halfway through the season, I've watched every single game except the recent NO and Utah games. I know I missed RJ off the bench, but that didn't go well and it was short lived. When everyone discusses RJs disappointing season, why does it seem like they're not considering that RJ is playing a lot of power forward minutes? I'm pretty sure they're not. I definitely did not watch New Jersey games(I actually did watch a few Milwaukee games) but I'm pretty close to 100% positive that RJ has NEVER spent this much time at power forward. How do you expect the guy to make this adjustment at this point in his career and excel both offensively and defensively? at this point, if the trade is good and it's done with at the right time(asap) with the right "high-IQ" guy that can fit in mid-season then by all means let's do it and try to save the season but I'm not sure we should give up on RJ as much as we need to stop playing him at power forward. EMERGENCY. Whatever it is, find a way to get a stronger frontcourt. Work in Ratliff, Mahinmi, trade, whatever, just realize this is probably a "bigger" problem than RJ. If his salary ends up being a problem(yeah I know) then deal with it in the summer when his final year becomes more desirable.

TJastal
01-27-2010, 03:22 PM
but I'm pretty close to 100% positive that RJ has NEVER spent this much time at power forward. How do you expect the guy to make this adjustment at this point in his career and excel both offensively and defensively? at this point, if the trade is good and it's done with at the right time(asap) with the right "high-IQ" guy that can fit in mid-season then by all means let's do it and try to save the season but I'm not sure we should give up on RJ as much as we need to stop playing him at power forward. [/B]

Shh....... your not supposed to bring up these little facts around here, it annoys the Jefferson bashing bandwagon party.

VBM
01-27-2010, 03:29 PM
Shh....... your not supposed to bring up these little facts around here, it annoys the Jefferson bashing bandwagon party.

Shh...you're not supposed to analyze anything spurs related at all right now...it's only January...

dbestpro
01-27-2010, 03:29 PM
The best part of a Spurs trade to get a big is that the smalls could go back to their comfort zone roles. Its like RMJ last year when Pop asked him to play point. His game went to hell in a hand basket. Now, Pop has everyone out of position and the results speak for themselves.

Spursfan 87
01-27-2010, 03:36 PM

I love that trade, but nothing is going to happen

sananspursfan21
01-27-2010, 04:50 PM
i believe there will be a trade. i'm not sure if it will be some kind of blockbuster or anything (we can always dream) but i believe possibly something small. mason and finley for ... bonner and mason for ... (...= a center, maybe a big pf, hopefully)

FeZZy
01-27-2010, 07:19 PM
What's interesting is that, according to the Hollinger, this trade would not help SA and actually hurts the other two teams.

who cares about hollinger? that's stupid better then what we have now

5in10
01-27-2010, 07:51 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yg5brhk

baseline bum
01-27-2010, 08:16 PM
Can't believe Mike Monroe wanted a Jefferson and Vince Carter swap.

:vomit:

I wouldn't trade Bonner for Carter. I don't even think I'd trade Finley for him.

FilSpursFan
01-27-2010, 09:08 PM
I dont think they are interested in Bonner!