PDA

View Full Version : Iron Man 2: Alcoholic Boogaloo

Mister Sinister
01-27-2010, 11:57 AM
siQgD9qOhRs
Anyone planning on seeing this? I'm definitely going to midnight it. More Fury, Mickey Rourke, and Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow? Sounds good to me. I'm also interested to see what (if any) references they make to the Avengers/Captain America movie(s), be it in-film or during a post-credits scene.

tlongII
01-27-2010, 12:05 PM
I'll watch it. Loved the first Ironman! :tu

lefty
01-27-2010, 03:48 PM
You can they are preparing the transition to TOny Stark's replacements

In the old comics, Starks became an alcoholic and the black dude took over as Iron Man

exstatic
01-27-2010, 08:17 PM
You can they are preparing the transition to TOny Stark's replacements

In the old comics, Starks became an alcoholic and the black dude took over as Iron Man

In the second movie, another black dude took over for the original black dude, who may or may not take over for Stark.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-27-2010, 08:45 PM
scarlett johanssson as any super heroine is just plain wrong

now i have to see this fuckin movie

BlackSwordsMan
01-27-2010, 09:17 PM
I thought black widow was a spider man character

Cant_Be_Faded
01-27-2010, 10:10 PM
she appeared in various comics

she had big bouncing bra busting boobs though
so scarlett's perfect

Mister Sinister
01-28-2010, 01:06 PM
I thought black widow was a spider man character
She's bounced around. From pre-Civil War until present, she was connected (as far as the books go) to Nick Fury.

BlackSwordsMan
01-28-2010, 01:10 PM
ah I was thinking of black cat

I. Hustle
01-28-2010, 01:26 PM
Even if I knew she was a "black widow" and I would die after being with her and she would take everything... I would have to seriously have to sit down and think about it.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_yGeA_PC563M/RryXyfsq8DI/AAAAAAAAAQg/Q63JCz5-xIU/s320/scarlett-johansson-sexy2.jpg

Fabbs
05-16-2010, 02:51 PM
So bottomline it for me Iron 2 viewers, how was it?

Generally I'm hearing "not as good as Iron 1" -very small sample.
(The other thread has too many spoilers, don't wanna view)

TIMMYD!
05-16-2010, 04:21 PM
So bottomline it for me Iron 2 viewers, how was it?

Generally I'm hearing "not as good as Iron 1" -very small sample.
(The other thread has too many spoilers, don't wanna view)

It isn't quite the breath of fresh air that Iron Man was, but this sequel comes close with solid performances and an action-packed plot.

Sisk
05-16-2010, 04:32 PM
I enjoyed it just as much as I did the first, TBH

Whisky Dog
05-16-2010, 04:57 PM
Honestly, Robert Downey Jr as Ironman? It's ok. But Robert Downey Jr as Tony Stark is greatness. Scarlett was surprisinggly good and her stunt double was good, Don Cheadle was uncharacteristically very one dimensional and average, and Mickey Rourke was, well, Mickey Rourke with a fake eastern european accent.

As far as comic movies go it blows away Spiderman and XMen movies IMO.

Whisky Dog
05-16-2010, 04:58 PM
There was one problem I had but I won't say until you've seen it.

TIMMYD!
05-16-2010, 05:04 PM
Honestly, Robert Downey Jr as Ironman? It's ok. But Robert Downey Jr as Tony Stark is greatness. Scarlett was surprisinggly good and her stunt double was good, Don Cheadle was uncharacteristically very one dimensional and average, and Mickey Rourke was, well, Mickey Rourke with a fake eastern european accent.

As far as comic movies go it blows away Spiderman and XMen movies IMO.

I agree with you, it was way more fun watching him portray Stark than it was watching him as Iron Man.

LnGrrrR
05-16-2010, 05:31 PM
Some good lines in the movie, and a few scenes where my wife and I were actually like, "Oh damn!" There's a scene where Iron Man gets drunk, and comes this close to blowing away some partygoers...

Sisk
05-16-2010, 06:27 PM

what what what?!

fraga
05-16-2010, 07:50 PM
I enjoyed it just as much as I did the first, TBH

I'll agree for the win...

TIMMYD!
05-16-2010, 09:05 PM
I think the problem was the minute long final battle vs Whiplash.

fraga
05-16-2010, 09:08 PM
It was badass...but yeah...wish it would have gone on longer...would have loved to have seen War Machine keep going with all this weapons...

TIMMYD!
05-16-2010, 10:14 PM
It was badass...but yeah...wish it would have gone on longer...would have loved to have seen War Machine keep going with all this weapons...

Yeah, War Machine is pretty badass.

Fabbs
05-17-2010, 09:02 AM
Ok i saw it last night so go for it.

Also after the trailers, is that Hammer that the camera pans to for a split second? Sitting in the crater? Must be Hammer.

Cry Havoc
05-17-2010, 09:04 AM

+1

Other than this it was a stellar early-summer action movie.

fraga
05-17-2010, 09:32 AM
Ok i saw it last night so go for it.

Also after the trailers, is that Hammer that the camera pans to for a split second? Sitting in the crater? Must be Hammer.

Oh you mean Thor's hammer... :D

Mister Sinister
05-17-2010, 11:33 AM
Point of interest, when Fury and Stark are discussing the Avenger Initiative, the map behind them has highlighted points of interest, *and* there's a background TV broadcast about the Hulk incident on that college campus.

Highlighted locations include Africa (Black Panther), Europe (Red Skull?), the Antarctic (Captain America), an ocean point (Namor?!) and the SW United States (Thor.)

lefty
05-17-2010, 11:39 AM
I was like WTF????

That's it ????

florige
05-24-2010, 01:04 PM
Just got done seeing this.
The Scarlett Johannson fight scene, and the scene when Iron Man told War Machine to get down and he literally cut those drones in half were the best scenes for me. The whole movie was good though.