PDA

View Full Version : Apple 'latest creation' event

FalleNxWiZarDx
01-27-2010, 01:07 PM
http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/27/live-from-the-apple-tablet-latest-creation-event/

Will the Apple tablet finally, really be unveiled? engadget is at the Yerba Buena Center in San Francisco (see above) patiently waiting to get inside and get this thing underway! Keep reading after the break for the minute by minute coverage!

Viva Las Espuelas
01-27-2010, 01:11 PM
Yeah. I'm pretty intriqued by this. Talk of OS 4.0 too.

Kermit
01-27-2010, 01:16 PM
So, it's a 10 inch Iphone. Great.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-27-2010, 01:18 PM
The iPad!!!

BacktoBasics
01-27-2010, 01:26 PM
How much? I want one. Can I still plug that bad boy into my car stereo?

Viva Las Espuelas
01-27-2010, 01:29 PM
How much? I want one. Can I still plug that bad boy into my car stereo?

I read under $1000. I'm sure you can connect it to anything.

JudynTX
01-27-2010, 01:31 PM
I want one!!!!

PM5K
01-27-2010, 01:31 PM
I'm just gonna get a big magnifying glass for my iPhone.

koriwhat
01-27-2010, 01:42 PM
my buddy out in LA made a fake ipad vid that seems to be the rage right now on youtube and the like. i actually just got word of this vid today which has me bustin' at my sides cause not only is the vid causing a bunch of talk but so is his bands music he put in the vid. haha. good marketing by my buddy.

I9uXxICUc9E

Kori Ellis
01-27-2010, 01:44 PM
I have never had a desire to have an iPhone, but I think I would actually by this iPad.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-27-2010, 01:48 PM
I have never had a desire to have an iPhone

that's exactly the way I was until I messed with one.

Kori Ellis
01-27-2010, 01:50 PM
that's exactly the way I was until I messed with one.

I have messed with one a lot :) .. we bought them for timvp's brothers. I think the iPhone is cool -- just not for me.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-27-2010, 01:51 PM
I have messed with one a lot :) .. we bought them for timvp's brothers. I think the iPhone is cool -- just not for me.

I see.

PM5K
01-27-2010, 01:54 PM
What didn't you like about it?

I can't same I'm pro iPhone, I'm more pro smartphone in general, and I happen to prefer the iPhone over other smartphones.

Dex
01-27-2010, 01:59 PM
Looks like I will be giving my Apple stock right back to Apple.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-27-2010, 02:02 PM
Ha. It looks kinda funny to me.

Soul_Patch
01-27-2010, 02:03 PM
So, it's a 10 inch Iphone. Great.

Hey..you could always just buy some of this for your current iphone, and im sure she would be happy.

http://www.netnutri.com/prodimg/469969.jpg

Viva Las Espuelas
01-27-2010, 03:47 PM
Ok. I kinda don't like how they're making so many models

16 32 64gb versions
$499 $599 $699 respectively.

The 3g models are
$629 $729 and $829 respectively.

Oh yeah one more kicker..................................data plan is being provided by

AT&T. :bang

why oh why?! I wonder if that's any indication of their exclusivity. Hope not. As long as there's blacksn0w, I could care less

IronMexican
01-27-2010, 03:52 PM
fuck. There's a thread already

JudynTX
01-27-2010, 03:54 PM
Dear Apple,

Let me know when iWALL arrives.

Thanks.

:D

Viva Las Espuelas
01-27-2010, 03:57 PM
Dear Apple,

Let me know when iWALL arrives.

Thanks.

:D

a la minority report? Now that would be nice.

JudynTX
01-27-2010, 04:02 PM
a la minority report? Now that would be nice.

Yes :D It's not too far away, maybe within the next 5 years.

Heath Ledger
01-27-2010, 04:09 PM
I will pass on the first gen one.

I cannot believe they did not put a camera on this thing or allow it to support flash.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-27-2010, 04:15 PM
Man the more I think about it after I saw it is how do you carry this around without looking stupid. It looks like you're carrying a big chief tablet or a leapfrog.

JudynTX
01-27-2010, 04:16 PM
Man the more I think about it after I saw it is how do you carry this around without looking stupid. It looks like you're carrying a big chief tablet or a leapfrog.

Will it fit in your back pocket? :lol

CubanMustGo
01-27-2010, 04:16 PM
I will pass on the first gen one.

I cannot believe they did not put a camera on this thing or allow it to support flash.

Well, that's classic Apple strategy: deliver a first model that lacks some features; all the Apple Fanboyz will still buy it in droves. 3-6 months later, introduce a new model with a complete function set, sell it for what the original model cost, cut prices on the original.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-27-2010, 04:19 PM
Will it fit in your back pocket? :lol

It's maybe the AT&T involvement that's making me nit pick, but it looks like a big button phone.

koriwhat
01-27-2010, 04:24 PM
id rather have a modbook than an ipad to tell you the truth. i want a tablet i can draw on.

baseline bum
01-27-2010, 04:28 PM
http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/27/live-from-the-apple-tablet-latest-creation-event/

Will the Apple tablet finally, really be unveiled? engadget is at the Yerba Buena Center in San Francisco (see above) patiently waiting to get inside and get this thing underway! Keep reading after the break for the minute by minute coverage!

They're unveiling it at the Good Weed Center?

CuckingFunt
01-27-2010, 10:37 PM
It's maybe the AT&T involvement that's making me nit pick, but it looks like a big button phone.

It's the AT&T involvement that makes me wonder what ithe iPad is actually trying to be. Too big to be a phone or an MP3 player, obviously, but the OS and data plan keep it from being a proper tablet either.

It's more like a touchscreen PDA and, seriously, who the fuck needs that?

CubanMustGo
01-27-2010, 10:46 PM
It's a huge iPod Touch w/3G capability (should you pony up for it). Whoopie!

Viva Las Espuelas
01-28-2010, 12:59 AM
It's the AT&T involvement that makes me wonder what ithe iPad is actually trying to be. Too big to be a phone or an MP3 player, obviously, but the OS and data plan keep it from being a proper tablet either.

this is a bold claim, but i think apple flops with this. the 6 model thing just bothers me. i don't know why but it just does. and that at&t thing............................

01-28-2010, 05:00 AM
i'm going to rant about apple here.

before, i never felt justified in paying $200 for a mp3 player or $2000 for a laptop so i never touched apple products. then my brother won a second generation ipod touch in some contest but gave it to me because he already had a nano. when i got it, damn, it was awesome. it did everything i expected it to. the internet browser, the wifi, the music, the apps, and the screen was amazing. i could walk into the living room without unplugging my laptop and browse spurstalk. since i go to college, there's wifi everywhere, and i could surf the internet even at work. everything worked flawlessly, i thought it was the greatest thing ever invented.

since my brother would want the ipod touch back eventually, i wanted to buy one for myself. then the minor irks began to reveal itself. when they revealed the third generation ipod touch, the 8gb model had no changes at all. no flash support, no camera, no fm radio, no gps, no faster processor, all at the same price. wtf? even the nano has a fm radio and camera. that's when i discovered apple's microsoft methods. all these features could have been easily included. even the iphone has a camera. apple is just trying to milk the ipod touch for all its worth before slapping on these new additions and call it the greatest ipod ever. for a consumer, it's hard to buy a ipod touch, knowing apple is holding back until the original ipod touch is milked dry. also, no flash 10 support? are you kidding me? i eventually bought an unlocked nokia phone that can do everything a iphone does plus it can use skyfire browser (flash 10 support), play non mp4 videos, and has a fm radio for WAY less than an unlocked iphone. of course it comes with a few bugs and slower processor but it's everything i wanted in a device i carry around everywhere.

now they come up with a 10 inch ipod touch and try to sell it with absolutely no new additions? not even more memory. for a higher price? it's like a bad joke.

anyways the moral of the story is that apple is just another company. charging high prices for products they know are inferior (by apple standards).

CubanMustGo
01-28-2010, 08:14 AM
Welcome to Apple marketing 101.

leemajors
01-28-2010, 09:56 AM

It's not locked to AT&T like the iPhone. You can get Verizon plans too at the same price. $30 unlimited is a good deal.

Spurminator
01-28-2010, 10:44 AM
I'm not sure what I would need this for. It's not small enough to be as portable as the iPhone, so if I'm going to have to carry it around in a bag anyway, I'd rather just carry my MacBook with me. I can read the Times on it, and it's a lot easier to type.

I wonder if this is going to usher in a man-purse or fanny-pack trend.

leemajors
01-28-2010, 10:51 AM
i'm going to rant about apple here.

before, i never felt justified in paying $200 for a mp3 player or $2000 for a laptop so i never touched apple products. then my brother won a second generation ipod touch in some contest but gave it to me because he already had a nano. when i got it, damn, it was awesome. it did everything i expected it to. the internet browser, the wifi, the music, the apps, and the screen was amazing. i could walk into the living room without unplugging my laptop and browse spurstalk. since i go to college, there's wifi everywhere, and i could surf the internet even at work. everything worked flawlessly, i thought it was the greatest thing ever invented.

since my brother would want the ipod touch back eventually, i wanted to buy one for myself. then the minor irks began to reveal itself. when they revealed the third generation ipod touch, the 8gb model had no changes at all. no flash support, no camera, no fm radio, no gps, no faster processor, all at the same price. wtf? even the nano has a fm radio and camera. that's when i discovered apple's microsoft methods. all these features could have been easily included. even the iphone has a camera. apple is just trying to milk the ipod touch for all its worth before slapping on these new additions and call it the greatest ipod ever. for a consumer, it's hard to buy a ipod touch, knowing apple is holding back until the original ipod touch is milked dry. also, no flash 10 support? are you kidding me? i eventually bought an unlocked nokia phone that can do everything a iphone does plus it can use skyfire browser (flash 10 support), play non mp4 videos, and has a fm radio for WAY less than an unlocked iphone. of course it comes with a few bugs and slower processor but it's everything i wanted in a device i carry around everywhere.

now they come up with a 10 inch ipod touch and try to sell it with absolutely no new additions? not even more memory. for a higher price? it's like a bad joke.

anyways the moral of the story is that apple is just another company. charging high prices for products they know are inferior (by apple standards).

HTML5 > Flash. Youtube and vimeo are already using it, and it works great with no additional system hogging plugins needed.

Fpoonsie
01-28-2010, 11:45 AM
I'm not sure what I would need this for. It's not small enough to be as portable as the iPhone, so if I'm going to have to carry it around in a bag anyway, I'd rather just carry my MacBook with me. I can read the Times on it, and it's a lot easier to type.

I wonder if this is going to usher in a man-purse or fanny-pack trend.

Bingo. This thing looks all kindsa sleek, but I can't imagine tryin to properly type on a full touch screen keyboard. Texting's one thing, but...

Sportcamper
01-28-2010, 11:55 AM
So the upgraded I-pad is called the Maxi-pad?