PDA

View Full Version : Manu won't be playing the upoming BB Worldcup

igruex
01-27-2010, 01:15 PM
http://www.ole.clarin.com/notas/2010/01/27/basquet/02128315.html

According to Ole, Argentina's most important sports newspaper, Manu's just waiting the date to be closer to announce his absence from Argentina's National Team.

timvp
01-27-2010, 01:23 PM
If Manu or TP play for their NT this summer, I'd officially advocate a trade (or not re-signing). The Spurs window may very well close after next season. Can't F that up by playing in the summer.

Already may have F'ed up this season . . .

Spurs Brazil
01-27-2010, 01:27 PM
Great news, I hope TP won't play and if Tiago sign he won't play either

urunobili
01-27-2010, 01:29 PM
:depressed

igruex
01-27-2010, 01:30 PM
If Manu or TP play for their NT this summer, I'd officially advocate a trade (or not re-signing). The Spurs window may very well close after next season. Can't F that up by playing in the summer.

I know, I know... its just that the timing is a bit suspicious, why would the newspaper announce just now that he will annonuce his absence in some time..

I can see Manu asking the newspaper to publish that to send a (good) message to the FO.

benefactor
01-27-2010, 01:31 PM
No surprises here. Manu is playing for a contract(whether it be with the Spurs or elsewhere) and the team he signs with is going to want some sort of verbal guarantee that he is not going to risk his health over the summer.

alchemist
01-27-2010, 01:32 PM
Tony is walking a tight rope with this. Unfortunately everyone now has a speed demon to counter Tony, seems like the entire league has caught up now.

EricB
01-27-2010, 01:33 PM
2 years too late Manu.....

MB20
01-27-2010, 01:46 PM
Good for his proffesional career.
Bad for us fans of our NT.

baseline bum
01-27-2010, 02:37 PM

I agree. Parker completely fucked the team over this season.

As for Manu, no shit he's not playing when he's going to be shopping for a new contract. How noble of him.

Agloco
01-27-2010, 05:58 PM

As for Manu, no shit he's not playing when he's going to be shopping for a new contract. How noble of him.

+1

Funny how his passion for his country has been tempered now that he's been introduced to the wonderful world of business.

MmP
01-27-2010, 06:24 PM
I saw this post coming, I wanted to post up a prevent against this article thread but I felt it was too dumb:
Though Ole is Arg most important sports newspaper it does not has good basketball sources and writers (one once wrote Manu as right handed..)
If you could read the article it's just a bunch of fact supposals and I don't where they got "the confirmation" that Manu won't be playing. They don't even say "according to X source". They're just staying it by saying he's going to have kids, and his contract situation will be difficult. Nothing to take very serious. Any of us knew that already.

Becareful with Ole.

crc21209
01-27-2010, 06:29 PM
Great news.....2 years too late. Manu shouldnt have played in the 08' Olympics. His injury really screwed the Spurs over for the past 2 seasons...

Cherry
01-27-2010, 06:32 PM

Hello? anybody at home?

His wife is pregnant. The babies are coming in June

baseline bum
01-27-2010, 06:54 PM
Hello? anybody at home?

His wife is pregnant. The babies are coming in June

What does that have to do with playing on the 28th of August? Manu's one of my favorite players all-time, but it's pretty clear he doesn't want to lower his market value on what will probably be his last contract.

Cherry
01-27-2010, 06:58 PM
He is thinking about his future and FAMILY, no less. What do you want? He has no clue of what will happen.

TJastal
01-27-2010, 07:02 PM
He is thinking about his FAMILY, no less.

BB made references to raping Steve Kerr's daughters in another thread so that probably gives you an idea how he feels about family, which is not very much.

Cherry
01-27-2010, 07:07 PM
:lol oh.. ok

HarlemHeat37
01-27-2010, 07:08 PM
Even if Manu wasn't playing because he's shopping for a new contract, why would that matter?..of course Manu SHOULD think about his future from a financial standpoint..it's a business, it's all about the $..having pride and love for the game is nice and all, but you can't buy houses and cars with pride and love..

Both parties need to think about $ here..so Manu not playing for the NT is good for both parties..

baseline bum
01-27-2010, 07:23 PM
BB made references to raping Steve Kerr's daughters in another thread so that probably gives you an idea how he feels about family, which is not very much.

It was a joke; way to take it out of context, dipshit.

baseline bum
01-27-2010, 07:27 PM
He is thinking about his future and FAMILY, no less. What do you want? He has no clue of what will happen.

So now you admit he is thinking about his contract here?

TJastal
01-27-2010, 07:31 PM
It was a joke; way to take it out of context, dipshit.

It's extremely poor taste to joke about raping anyone's kids. But whatever, poor taste is the norm around here.

baseline bum
01-27-2010, 07:35 PM
It's extremely poor taste to joke about raping anyone's kids. But whatever, poor taste is the norm around here.

Give me a break. The original joke was Kerr might as well offer up his wife in the trade too since Jefferson+Bonner for Stoudemire was such a ridiculous proposition, and I added that it sounded even worse than that.

exstatic
01-27-2010, 08:00 PM
2 years too late Manu.....

Yeah, I was thinking "Now that it's HIS cash on the line...."

ducks
01-27-2010, 10:03 PM
condsidering he will not sign less for spurs atleast that is what he says now
he better fucking not

igruex
01-28-2010, 07:07 AM
Yeah, I was thinking "Now that it's HIS cash on the line...."

Yeah, sure, beware of Manu the Pirate...

symple19
01-28-2010, 07:30 AM
How many posters will leave if Manu does in fact get dealt?

Short of a Laker-esque Pau trade, nothing will come of this.

National teams are a tumor that's been growing on the Spurs for years, as other teams have experienced.

I used to give weight to the concept that playing for your national team meant something. It doesn't, really. This isn't war or politics or something of actual relevance to society. These are business decisions that affect a players family through generations. If the front office can get more value by trading Manu, good.

If not, don't.

It's all about the long term to the Spurs FO, IMO.

Hemotivo
01-28-2010, 08:16 AM
I saw this post coming, I wanted to post up a prevent against this article thread but I felt it was too dumb:
Though Ole is Arg most important sports newspaper it does not has good basketball sources and writers (one once wrote Manu as right handed..)
If you could read the article it's just a bunch of fact supposals and I don't where they got "the confirmation" that Manu won't be playing. They don't even say "according to X source". They're just staying it by saying he's going to have kids, and his contract situation will be difficult. Nothing to take very serious. Any of us knew that already.

Becareful with Ole.

King
01-28-2010, 08:19 AM

Are you saying Parker's rolled ankle was because of playing for France over the summer? Did he not come down on somebody's foot? That would roll it if he had stayed in a padded room all summer.

ShoogarBear
01-28-2010, 08:57 AM
And I guarantee when Parker's contract is coming up he will have no interest in the NT either. Gee, I thought these guys were supposed to love their country more than NBA dollars?

urunobili
01-28-2010, 09:06 AM
lol Ole doing what it's supposed to do pressuring Ginobili to play for the NT...

phyzik
01-28-2010, 09:17 AM
Are you saying Parker's rolled ankle was because of playing for France over the summer? Did he not come down on somebody's foot? That would roll it if he had stayed in a padded room all summer.

Why dont you look and see what time he posted that.... It was well before the game. Unless he is psychic, I think he was referring to the fact that Tony himself has even acknowledged he has been worn out because of summer play for the NT.

ersinert
01-28-2010, 09:39 AM
I hope he plays, i wanna see him alive here in istanbul, playing:)