PDA

View Full Version : Will cavaliers Sign Jamison?

Metheny
01-27-2010, 02:57 PM
Discuss.....

crc21209
01-27-2010, 02:58 PM
They cant sign him, he's not a free agent. The Cavs would have to trade for him..

Metheny
01-27-2010, 02:58 PM
sorry trade etc....

TheMACHINE
01-27-2010, 03:01 PM
sorry trade etc....

for?

Metheny
01-27-2010, 03:08 PM
LOL thats the same thing im asking theres all these rumors and posts going on here that theyll get him im wondering what for?

Double-Up
01-27-2010, 03:17 PM
for?

Sigh, sad your sig will be gone in a few days...either way props to you for manning up the whole time playa.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-27-2010, 03:21 PM
for?

I imagine the Ilgauskas expiring and maybe a first round pick (or two). It makes all the sense in the world for Cleveland to do, but Danny Ferry had a huge expiring contract at the trade deadline last year but he was complacent since Cleveland was so good at beating up on crappy teams. If I had to bet on it I'd say it doesn't happen.

fo'shizzle
01-27-2010, 03:21 PM
Sign autograph? LOL

TheMACHINE
01-27-2010, 03:23 PM
I imagine the Ilgauskas expiring and maybe a first round pick (or two). It makes all the sense in the world for Cleveland to do, but Danny Ferry had a huge expiring contract at the trade deadline last year but he was complacent since Cleveland was so good at beating up on crappy teams. If I had to bet on it I'd say it doesn't happen.

word is wizards would drop Z and he'd go back to the Cavs.

TheMACHINE
01-27-2010, 03:23 PM
Sigh, sad your sig will be gone in a few days...either way props to you for manning up the whole time playa.

:toast

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-27-2010, 03:36 PM
word is wizards would drop Z and he'd go back to the Cavs.

That was the same story with Wally Szczerbiak last year, and nothing happened. The Cavs seem to find any reason possible why they don't need to improve their roster. They made the finals in 2007 and just stood pat as the Magic signed Rashard Lewis and Boston got Allen and KG, which ended with them making a random trade at the deadline in 2008 and losing to Boston in the 2nd round.

bostonguy
01-27-2010, 04:12 PM
Yeah they will land him.

HarlemHeat37
01-27-2010, 04:14 PM
Washington reportedly wants Big Z, Hickson and a 1st for him..the problem appears to be that Washington might be unwilling to let Z go back to Cleveland since there's a rivalry between both franchises..I doubt this will be a legit setback though..

Cleveland has been talking about Iggy too..

Iggy/Lebron would be absolutely scary, but I don't know which one I would go for..Iggy is the better play, but Cleveland has better depth at 1-2-3 than they do at 4-5 IMO..

bostonguy
01-27-2010, 04:21 PM
Washington reportedly wants Big Z, Hickson and a 1st for him..the problem appears to be that Washington might be unwilling to let Z go back to Cleveland since there's a rivalry between both franchises..I doubt this will be a legit setback though..

Cleveland has been talking about Iggy too..

Iggy/Lebron would be absolutely scary, but I don't know which one I would go for..Iggy is the better play, but Cleveland has better depth at 1-2-3 than they do at 4-5 IMO..

Cavs should go after Jamison first as long as they get Z back in 30 days. Iggy would make them sick, but I think they are better off with Jamison.

JoeTait75
01-27-2010, 05:01 PM
With the history between the two teams, Washington might not be willing to make a deal that will help the Cavaliers.

bostonguy
01-27-2010, 05:04 PM
With the history between the two teams, Washington might not be willing to make a deal that will help the Cavaliers.

I think the bad blood card is the last thing the Wiz care about. They are on a fire sale and will gladly take expirings. Cavs will get Jamison unless Ferry decides to stand pat.

Allanon
01-27-2010, 05:07 PM
Giving up guys who actually play alot of minutes for the Cavs (Big Z, Hickson) just to get Jamison would be a mistake in my opinion.

Giving up guys like Leon Powe who haven't played at all would be fine to get Jamisson.

JoeTait75
01-27-2010, 05:44 PM
Giving up guys who actually play alot of minutes for the Cavs (Big Z, Hickson) just to get Jamison would be a mistake in my opinion.

Giving up guys like Leon Powe who haven't played at all would be fine to get Jamison.

Well geez, Allanon, I'd like to give up the moldering corpses of Randolph Keys and Dinner Bell Mel Turpin for Jamison, but it's not going to work out that way. Washington is going to want something. Hickson himself is a pretty small price to pay.

They HAVE to get Z back in any deal though. They do not want to leave all the pivot duties to Shaq's old ass. They need both geriatrics on hand for the Playoffs if they are to have a shot.

TheMACHINE
01-27-2010, 05:44 PM
jamison is a stud..fuck big z and hickson. If cavs want to win, they should get rid of anyone not named lebron and mo williams for jamison.

Allanon
01-27-2010, 05:51 PM
Well geez, Allanon, I'd like to give up the moldering corpses of Randolph Keys and Dinner Bell Mel Turpin for Jamison, but it's not going to work out that way. Washington is going to want something. Hickson himself is a pretty small price to pay.

They HAVE to get Z back in any deal though. They do not want to leave all the pivot duties to Shaq's old ass. They need both geriatrics on hand for the Playoffs if they are to have a shot.

That's why the trade is a fail. If they indeed lose BOTH JJ and Big Z, I think they'll be shooting themselves in the foot.

Jamison, in the long run is better for the Cavs than Hickson/BigZ. But in this year, Hickson/BigZ > Jamison.

You can't lose that many rotation guys on your team mid-season and expect to win a championship.

HarlemHeat37
01-27-2010, 05:52 PM
I think it's more than just having depth when it comes to needing to get Z back..he seems to be a really popular player in the Cavs organization and with their fanbase, I don't think they would want him to miss out on a potential championship..

There would also be no use for Ilgauskas for any team that wants to acquire his contract..

So he'll be back in Cleveland either way..

TheMACHINE
01-27-2010, 06:53 PM
I think it's more than just having depth when it comes to needing to get Z back..he seems to be a really popular player in the Cavs organization and with their fanbase, I don't think they would want him to miss out on a potential championship..

popularity wont get you championships. Do i feel bad Chris Mihm didnt get a ring? Yes...but OH FUCKING WELL. haha