PDA

View Full Version : Stupid "reality" TV

I. Hustle
01-28-2010, 10:37 AM
The other night I sat down to watch tv with the wifey. She likes all those reality shows. I will watch the cooking contests and stuff but I usually ignore the other stuff.
Well when I sat down she had on some toddler beauty pageant thing. Immediately I said that I would never have my girls involved in anything like that (even though they would always win) because of the way they are judged and made to dress. The show goes on for a bit and I am about to get on the computer when the emcee starts talking. She seemed very familiar but I blew it off and then her partner comes out and I remembered where I know her from. Her and the guy she works with on the pageants used to work in the mail room in my building. I saw them every day for 4 years when I worked in Austin. When they said their names it confirmed it. It made me laugh because she was one of the most foul mouthed dirty women I had ever met and he was super fruity and constantly had body building magazines on his desk. She would always say that he had magazines of "dudes getting f'd in the ass" in his desk drawer.
It cracked me up to see them on that show acting all professional.

ATRAIN
01-28-2010, 10:39 AM
shut up fag

I. Hustle
01-28-2010, 10:43 AM
They guy lives in Austin? Tell me where so maybe we can trade magazines and maybe have butt secks.

I don't know where he lives dude, sorry.

ATRAIN
01-28-2010, 10:48 AM
I don't know where he lives dude, sorry.

Please read post 2, thanks for playing.

I. Hustle
01-28-2010, 10:50 AM
Please. My ass needs cawk.

Please read post #3. Go play with yourself.

Drachen
01-28-2010, 10:57 AM
Yeah, my wife started to watch that show, and I pretty much told her that she can watch whatever trash reality crap she wants, except that one. I don't want anyone in my household supporting this "industry" that takes advantage this little girls by dressing them up us sluts and teaching them that if you aren't the prettiest then you have no value. Why don't these parents just cut out the middleman, and sell their daughters into the eastern european slave trade. They are only 6 years old, I am sure that they could get a lot of use out of them for many years.

ATRAIN
01-28-2010, 10:58 AM
Please read post #3. Go play with yourself.

Ok fine but only this one time

I. Hustle
01-28-2010, 11:08 AM
Yeah, my wife started to watch that show, and I pretty much told her that she can watch whatever trash reality crap she wants, except that one. I don't want anyone in my household supporting this "industry" that takes advantage this little girls by dressing them up us sluts and teaching them that if you aren't the prettiest then you have no value. Why don't these parents just cut out the middleman, and sell their daughters into the eastern european slave trade. They are only 6 years old, I am sure that they could get a lot of use out of them for many years.

It just amazes me that these people put their kids through that and teach them that it is acceptable. Little 4 year old girls with 5 pounds of make up and skimpy little outfits?! WTF?! They teach them to wink and shake their shoulders at the judges to get more attention. I mean c'mon, some of those little girls are very pretty without all that crap on but they will grow up thinking they have to dress like that and wear tons of makeup to be beautiful. There was one little girl on the show that wore very minimal make up and her mom didn't dress her slutty but pretty modest, especially in comparison, and she took 2nd runner up which is 3rd place I think.
It's just weird to me that those two people are the pageant directors. I worked next to them and would never have imagined them doing that stuff.

I. Hustle
01-28-2010, 11:08 AM
Ok fine but only this one time

:lol

SpursStalker
01-28-2010, 11:11 AM
The only reality tv I watch now is ...

Deadlist Catch

The others are crap in MHO

ATRAIN
01-28-2010, 11:23 AM
I think im going to submit my application for Survivor.

I. Hustle
01-28-2010, 11:31 AM
I like the cooking shows but those are contests. I can't think of a regular reality show that I like.I was going to try out for the first season of The Contender when they were holding Auditions near Austin.

SpursStalker
01-28-2010, 11:37 AM
The only reality tv I watch now is ...

Deadlist Catch

The others are crap in MHO

Oh yea and Top Chef

:D

I. Hustle
01-28-2010, 12:05 PM
I hate all the MTV shows but my wife can't get enough of that crap.

DisAsTerBot
01-28-2010, 12:16 PM
there is definitely a correlation between women and crappy reality tv

Soul_Patch
01-28-2010, 01:51 PM
The other night I sat down to watch tv with the wifey. She likes all those reality shows. I will watch the cooking contests and stuff but I usually ignore the other stuff.
Well when I sat down she had on some toddler beauty pageant thing. Immediately I said that I would never have my girls involved in anything like that (even though they would always win) because of the way they are judged and made to dress. The show goes on for a bit and I am about to get on the computer when the emcee starts talking. She seemed very familiar but I blew it off and then her partner comes out and I remembered where I know her from. Her and the guy she works with on the pageants used to work in the mail room in my building. I saw them every day for 4 years when I worked in Austin. When they said their names it confirmed it. It made me laugh because she was one of the most foul mouthed dirty women I had ever met and he was super fruity and constantly had body building magazines on his desk. She would always say that he had magazines of "dudes getting f'd in the ass" in his desk drawer.
It cracked me up to see them on that show acting all professional.

http://jenden.us/storage/JD/img/cool_story_bro.jpg

mrsmaalox
01-28-2010, 03:58 PM
I'm too ADD to sit in front of a tv for more than 30 min at a time as it is, so I don't spend much time watching TV, much less the reality kind. The only ones I can stand at all are Survivor and Design Star, but I can never remember when they are on so I have to catch up online.

Bukefal
01-28-2010, 04:40 PM

Exactly, I saw some documentaries on this. These people are really crazy. I dont get it.