PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys...

pookenstein
01-28-2010, 03:35 PM
I'm going to make my first ever vacation in the US. Booked my flight a few days ago and since this trip a pure "I-gotta-see-them-Spurs-to-fullfill-a-lifelong-dream"-trip I'm going to at least 2 out of the 3 games taking place between Feb 22th and March 2nd.

I already ordered tickets for the OKC- and the Sunsgame and I'm thinking of going to Houston as well.

Now I have a few questions, I hope some of you guys can provide answers to:

1. What kind of weather can I expect by the end of Feb?

2. I still don't have a Hotel. I don't need something extraordinary, just a place to sleep. Something about 50-80$ a night, within walking distance (5-10, max 15 minutes) to the Riverwalk would be perfect. Recommendations?

3. I have to pick my tickets up on gameday at the AT&T-Center. What extra time do I have to calculate pregame to get them?

4. I sure as hell will go out partying in SA. I'm sure you can name some good clubs/bars where I can have a good time... (I prefer starting in some kind of Rockbars before go clubbing)

Thats all for now, help is extremely appreciated!

And btw if someone wants to join me on my partymission: let's get it on:toast

I. Hustle
01-28-2010, 03:42 PM
Well my friend you've come to the right place. Give me a moment to gather up the information you will need to make your trip a memorable one.

FalleNxWiZarDx
01-28-2010, 03:43 PM
Club rive - downtown!!!!

NRHector
01-28-2010, 03:44 PM
Well my friend you've come to the right place. Give me a moment to gather up the information you will need to make your trip a memorable one. I bet you will :lol

I. Hustle
01-28-2010, 03:45 PM
Club rive - downtown!!!!

If you're gay.

pookenstein
01-28-2010, 04:05 PM
If you're gay.

Don't know if you're just messin with FalleNxWiZarDx, but just in case: as straight as it can get... Looking forward to meet some texan ladies.

I. Hustle
01-28-2010, 04:12 PM
Don't know if you're just messin with FalleNxWiZarDx, but just in case: as straight as it can get... Looking forward to meet some texan ladies.

Yeah don't go to Rive then. That is a gay bar. The guys that go there spend at least 5 hours getting ready before they go then once they get there all they do is check each other out. It's a sausage fest and dudes are always making out in there. It's pretty gross dude.

doobs
01-28-2010, 04:17 PM
I apologize in advance for keeping San Antonio lame.

Drachen
01-28-2010, 04:22 PM
I think that really the only hotel that you can get that meets your parameters would be the Motel 6 on IH-10 next to UTSA Downtown campus.

ivanfromwestwood
01-28-2010, 04:27 PM
Yeah don't go to Rive then. That is a gay bar. The guys that go there spend at least 5 hours getting ready before they go then once they get there all they do is check each other out. It's a sausage fest and dudes are always making out in there. It's pretty gross dude.lol you ever been to rive? there nothing but hot ass chicks and last time i checked it wasnt a gay bar. with that said, dont go there. too many 18 -24 year old kids/thugs.

if you want to go to a good spot with no thugs,on the riverwalk, i suggest http://www.acapulcosamssa.com/. lots of good looking people here. hope this helps. send me a pm if your in town. im always down to party.:toast

pookenstein
01-28-2010, 04:45 PM
too many 18 -24 year old kids/thugs.

if you want to go to a good spot with no thugs,on the riverwalk, i suggest http://www.acapulcosamssa.com/. lots of good looking people here. hope this helps. send me a pm if your in town. im always down to party.:toast

I am 30 and looking for fun. Girs shouldn't be younger than 24 though.
PM you will get.

I. Hustle
01-28-2010, 04:50 PM
I think that really the only hotel that you can get that meets your parameters would be the Motel 6 on IH-10 next to UTSA Downtown campus.

this is probably your best bet in all seriousness.

I. Hustle
01-28-2010, 04:50 PM
lol you ever been to rive? there nothing but hot ass chicks and last time i checked it wasnt a gay bar. with that said, dont go there. too many 18 -24 year old kids/thugs.

LOL Yeah I have been. I was just trying to piss that Fallen Wizzer guy off just for fun.

ivanfromwestwood
01-28-2010, 05:30 PM
LOL Yeah I have been. I was just trying to piss that Fallen Wizzer guy off just for fun. oh i see. yea your right. that place is soooooo gay. its so gay that they serve their drinks with straws made out of a hollowed out wieners.:p:

I am 30 and looking for fun. Girs shouldn't be younger than 24 though.
PM you will get. sweet. let me know. there are a ton of cool spots to go to downtown. lots of good food. you wont be sorry.

jb4g
01-28-2010, 05:47 PM
this is a pretty good rock bar downtown called Bond's 007 on Soledad, I believe another recently opened on Houston St but I do not recall the name. Otherwise just walk around the riverwalk and Houston st areas and you'll find something to suit your taste. I like liquid monkey myself, hole in the wall but always a cool crowd and cheap drinks, its right down the street from the alamo. next to pat obrien's

60-80 bucks is pretty cheap for downtown area, best bet is going to be the hotels near sunset station since they are on the other side of the freeway, there is a red roof and best western, and i think a staybridge as well. These are 5 minute drive to the at&t center and 5 min walk to riverwalk .

Under no circumstances should you walk to the at&t center, take a cab!

will call is usually pretty quick, doors open 1 hour prior to game so plan to arrive around then.

enjoy your trip, I hope you get to see victories and no defeats!

ivanfromwestwood
01-28-2010, 06:32 PM

good looking out. wish the att center was downtown and not in the middle of the eastside. (ghetto)

Creation88
01-28-2010, 06:38 PM
rent a car and drive up to Austin if you really wanna party.

ffadicted
01-28-2010, 07:21 PM
Reading this thread makes me jealous :(

pookenstein
01-29-2010, 08:00 AM
this is a pretty good rock bar downtown called Bond's 007 on Soledad, I believe another recently opened on Houston St but I do not recall the name. Otherwise just walk around the riverwalk and Houston st areas and you'll find something to suit your taste. I like liquid monkey myself, hole in the wall but always a cool crowd and cheap drinks, its right down the street from the alamo. next to pat obrien's

60-80 bucks is pretty cheap for downtown area, best bet is going to be the hotels near sunset station since they are on the other side of the freeway, there is a red roof and best western, and i think a staybridge as well. These are 5 minute drive to the at&t center and 5 min walk to riverwalk .

will call is usually pretty quick, doors open 1 hour prior to game so plan to arrive around then.

enjoy your trip, I hope you get to see victories and no defeats!

That sounds great. Thank you man! :tu
Are there shuttlebusses from town to the AT&T Center?

The_Worlds_finest
01-29-2010, 08:09 AM
At&t center is 8-10 miles from downtown.

Not sure exactly where your from but downtown San "Anto" as the locals call it is not that steller. If your sold on downtown do your partying around the river walk, more tourist not so many degenerate locals.

If your looking for Texas Ladies San Anto provides a very poor representation of whats available.

Unless teenage mothers and fat dike lesbos is your thing.

May I make a recommendation?

Save alittle cash for a car rental and stay in AUSTIN near to or on six street. Much better night life, girls, and locals! Plus Austin is roughly an 1 hour away from the At&T center a straight shot down South bound 35. :toast

will_spurs
01-29-2010, 08:13 AM

I second this - clean rooms, wifi and only a mile from downtown (riverwalk & co). That's an easy walk, or a cheap taxi ride. I remember it cost me around $60 a night last summer, I checked now and for your dates it's more like $45 a night.

Motel 6 Downtown (http://www.motel6.com/reservations/motel_detail.aspx?num=1122&NOA=&aYr=&aMo=&aDa=&dYr=&dMo=&dDa=&CP=&TA=)

ivanfromwestwood
01-29-2010, 09:51 AM

Not sure exactly where your from but downtown San "Anto" as the locals call it is not that steller. If your sold on downtown do your partying around the river walk, more tourist not so many degenerate locals.

If your looking for Texas Ladies San Anto provides a very poor representation of whats available.

Unless teenage mothers and fat dike lesbos is your thing.

:toast

your a piece of shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

san antonio has the most beautiful girls in texas. austin girls are nothing but 18-24 year old college girls from everywhere in the world. those girls dont represent texas girls. the club i advised him to go to is perfect for out of towners and is on the riverwalk.

FalleNxWiZarDx
01-29-2010, 10:09 AM
Yeah don't go to Rive then. That is a gay bar. The guys that go there spend at least 5 hours getting ready before they go then once they get there all they do is check each other out. It's a sausage fest and dudes are always making out in there. It's pretty gross dude.

I meet a really nice girl from there.....

not sure wtf you talking about

I. Hustle
01-29-2010, 10:11 AM

Too late. You were supposed to get mad yesterday when I first talked about it, not tell me about the "really nice girl" you met who banged you on the first "date".

jb4g
01-29-2010, 10:14 AM
That sounds great. Thank you man! :tu
Are there shuttlebusses from town to the AT&T Center?

this is the only place downtown that I know of:

http://www.josephinestcafe.com/spursbus.html

Drachen
01-29-2010, 10:31 AM

This place is pretty cool to eat and drink too. I am 30 and I enjoy it, but I have never been typical. When I was in my early 20's I would rather go to a bar that was quiet enough to talk and didn't necessarily feature the best looking girls in town, than to go to the meat markets that were loud and you couldn't talk. J-st cafe has a slightly older crowd.

CubanMustGo
01-29-2010, 10:51 AM
I'm going to make my first ever vacation in the US. Booked my flight a few days ago and since this trip a pure "I-gotta-see-them-Spurs-to-fullfill-a-lifelong-dream"-trip I'm going to at least 2 out of the 3 games taking place between Feb 22th and March 2nd.

I already ordered tickets for the OKC- and the Sunsgame and I'm thinking of going to Houston as well.

Now I have a few questions, I hope some of you guys can provide answers to:

1. What kind of weather can I expect by the end of Feb?

2. I still don't have a Hotel. I don't need something extraordinary, just a place to sleep. Something about 50-80$ a night, within walking distance (5-10, max 15 minutes) to the Riverwalk would be perfect. Recommendations?

3. I have to pick my tickets up on gameday at the AT&T-Center. What extra time do I have to calculate pregame to get them?

4. I sure as hell will go out partying in SA. I'm sure you can name some good clubs/bars where I can have a good time... (I prefer starting in some kind of Rockbars before go clubbing)

Thats all for now, help is extremely appreciated!

And btw if someone wants to join me on my partymission: let's get it on:toast

1. Texas weather is highly variable. Be prepared for anything from temps in the 40s to the 80s (that would be high single digits to mid-20s C). Check the long term forecast before you fly over; Weather Underground (http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=SAT&wuSelect=WEATHER) is a pretty decent site. Be aware that it's often pretty wet (for San Antonio) this time of year.

2. Public transit in the US sucks; I seriously recommend renting a car. If you do you can stay at places away from downtown where the prices are much cheaper.

3. If you want to soak in the whole experience, arrive about an hour before tipoff. You will have to pay to park at the AT&T.

4. I'm an old fart living in Austin so can't help you there.

Have a great visit! If you do rent a car, the San Antonio missions are worth a visit, especially Missions San Jose and Concepcion. A trip to the Alamo is de rigueur, just be aware that it's smack dab in the middle of downtown and surrounded by commercial buildings. San Jose gives you a much more authentic feel for what a Spanish mission was like in the 1700s.

pookenstein
01-29-2010, 11:07 AM

May I make a recommendation?

Save alittle cash for a car rental and stay in AUSTIN near to or on six street. Much better night life, girls, and locals! Plus Austin is roughly an 1 hour away from the At&T center a straight shot down South bound 35.

I'm from Germany an have never been to the states before, so I really don't have the slightest idea where to go. But I have plenty of time and I'm open for everything...

Thank you guys. Really appreciate your help and as I said before: plenty of time + saved enough $ for this vacation + willing to go out and party = I'm gonna go to lot's of the bars you mentioned so far...

Let me try and illustrate a (hopefully) typical evening in smilieys:
:toast:toast:toast:vomit::toast:toast:blah:lmao:to ast:sleep:sleep:jekka:jekka:danceclub:cheer:dancec lub:cheer:blah:makeout:makeout:dizzy:married::slee p:sleep:sick:elephant:dramaquee:donkey.
I hope, I can skip that marrypart though. In my book the rest is fine/acceptable.

marini martini
01-29-2010, 11:47 AM
Hey Pook, if your German you might want to check this place out:http://www.beethovenmaennerchor.com/calendar.htm

It's a fun place to party, and when the cougars are out, they'll eat you up!:toast It's also in King William Historical District, and close to the Blue Star Art Complex which you should check out while your here.

The Bonham Exchange http://www.bonhamexchange.net/wkend.html is alot of fun on a Friday night, when it's a mixed crowd (gays/straights), and is in a fine old 3 story building a few blocks from the Alamo downtown!

If you stay downtown, they have a Trolley bus, that goes 4 - 5 different routes around down town, and you can ride it all day for cheap!

Have fun!!!:toast

I. Hustle
01-29-2010, 11:49 AM
The Bonham Exchange http://www.bonhamexchange.net/wkend.html is alot of fun on a Friday night, when it's a mixed crowd (gays/straights), and is in a fine old 3 story building a few blocks from the Alamo downtown!

I joked about Rive but the Bonham really is a gay club

hsxvvd
01-29-2010, 12:08 PM
This place is pretty cool to eat and drink too. I am 30 and I enjoy it, but I have never been typical. When I was in my early 20's I would rather go to a bar that was quiet enough to talk and didn't necessarily feature the best looking girls in town, than to go to the meat markets that were loud and you couldn't talk. J-st cafe has a slightly older crowd.

So what your saying then is J-st cafe = McDyess

I joked about Rive but the Bonham really is a gay club

Bonham = Jefferson.

marini martini
01-29-2010, 12:29 PM
So what your saying then is J-st cafe = McDyess

Bonham = Jefferson.

:lmao

dork!!!:p:

FalleNxWiZarDx
01-29-2010, 02:16 PM
Too late. You were supposed to get mad yesterday when I first talked about it, not tell me about the "really nice girl" you met who banged you on the first "date".

nah its nothing like that...

aint going to waste my time trying to explain to you about anything...

but the fact of the matter is, Club Rive is not a gay club like you stated

marini martini
01-29-2010, 02:58 PM
Club rive - downtown!!!!

If you're gay.

lol you ever been to rive? there nothing but hot ass chicks and last time i checked it wasnt a gay bar. with that said, dont go there. too many 18 -24 year old kids/thugs.

LOL Yeah I have been. I was just trying to piss that Fallen Wizzer guy off just for fun.

nah its nothing like that...

aint going to waste my time trying to explain to you about anything...

but the fact of the matter is, Club Rive is not a gay club like you stated

Take wax out of your ears!!!:lmao

I. Hustle
01-29-2010, 03:23 PM
[/COLOR]

Take wax out of your ears!!!:lmao

No kidding. I was trying to tell the guy I was just kidding about it being a gay club. Oh well I guess it can't be a gay club if he is meeting whores there and banging them on the first date.
She didn't make you put it in the pooper did she. Dude you might have an imposter on your hands. If she made you suck her cawk then she is probably a dude.