PDA

View Full Version : Parker

FkLA
01-28-2010, 03:38 PM
I know this is terrible timing considering his injury, and the fact that we just had a great win last night which may have slowed down the big trade ideas. But Im just honestly curious, why is Tony Parker seemingly free of criticism from most of the Spurs fandom and basically untouchable when it comes to trade speculation? I mean I understand that he has PF, but still his play this season hasnt just been bad in the sense that he isnt his usual explosive self. His defense has been bad. His jumpshot has regressed to the point where its cringe worthy. He has not adjusted to the injury and become more of a distributor. He is not contributing in other aspects. This is the same stuff that RJ is getting torn apart about, how it isnt just his scoring but everything else. Parker is a pretty big reason for the 1st half of the season struggles people need to stop babying him.

He also happens to have the most trade stock though and there is no guarantee that he stays past his current contract. And even if here to stay past this contract do any of us really think he is a franchise player that we can build around once Duncan retires? I say the answer is an emphatic no, which is why dont understand some people's reluctance to include Parker in a major trade (Bosh)...we won a title in 99' with Avery Johnson as our point guard. With the emergence of Hill I think trading Parker for another star big man is the smart move.

Brazil
01-28-2010, 03:41 PM
I know this is terrible timing considering his injury, and the fact that we just had a great win last night

you see you already knew before starting your thread.

and big :lmao at parker being untouchable on the trade talking. Everybody is trying to trade him mostly for calderon or bendris

Bukefal
01-28-2010, 03:44 PM
I know this is terrible timing considering his injury, and the fact that we just had a great win last night which may have slowed down the big trade ideas. But Im just honestly curious, why is Tony Parker seemingly free of criticism from most of the Spurs fandom and basically untouchable when it comes to trade speculation? I mean I understand that he has PF, but still his play this season hasnt just been bad in the sense that he isnt his usual explosive self. His defense has been bad. His jumpshot has regressed to the point where its cringe worthy. He has not adjusted to the injury and become more of a distributor. He is not contributing in other aspects. This is the same stuff that RJ is getting torn apart about, how it isnt just his scoring but everything else. Parker is a pretty big reason for the 1st half of the season struggles people need to stop babying him.

He also happens to have the most trade stock though and there is no guarantee that he stays past his current contract. And even if here to stay past this contract do any of us really think he is a franchise player that we can build around once Duncan retires? I say the answer is an emphatic no, which is why dont understand some people's reluctance to include Parker in a major trade (Bosh)...we won a title in 99' with Avery Johnson as our point guard. With the emergence of Hill I think trading Parker for another star big man is the smart move.

Lol are you serious? He has gotten alot of criticism and much speculated by fans. But, the realistic fans, know he isnt going nowhere anytime soon, so there is no point really to speculate.

FkLA
01-28-2010, 03:54 PM
you see you already knew before starting your thread.

and big :lmao at parker being untouchable on the trade talking. Everybody is trying to trade him mostly for calderon or bendris

I knew that it was bad timing sure. But anybody thats read my posts, which probably isnt many people but you get the point, know that Ive felt this way about Parker way before last night.

Lol are you serious? He has gotten alot of criticism and much speculated by fans. But, the realistic fans, know he isnt going nowhere anytime soon, so there is no point really to speculate.

Well no player is completely free of criticism aside from TD probably, but idk I just feel people baby Parker too much. He may receive criticism but Ive seen that its nowhere near what it has been for other players. Honestly I made this thread because in the "Stoudemire/Manu" thread I brought up Parker as a trade chip and made note of his poor play this season...and immediately got responses freeing Parker of guilt for his play this season or people treating Parker as an untouchable when it comes to trades.

I realize the chances of him going anywhere are slim at best, Im just saying some Spurs fans need to quit treating him like an untouchable and quit being so reluctant to include Parker in a big deal if need be.

JR3
01-28-2010, 04:05 PM
Parker is my least favorite of the big 3. I would trade him first because he has high trade value. I have been hoping for the Parker for cp3 trade to go down. I think we can utilize his strengths and win with parker, but I definately don't think he is untouchable.

TJastal
01-28-2010, 04:05 PM
Parker logged 8 assists last night. Together with Manu's 6 that makes 14. One shy of the "magic number 15" I said earlier this year would make the spurs nearly unbeatable.

It's encouraging to see Tony passing the ball but I think he could do even better at being a playmaker for others. He could easily average 10+ assists a game if he focused on that instead of trying to carry the scoring burden by himself.

It's becoming rather obvious when he tries to overdo the penetration/driving layups/scoring his ankles start to tire and he often rolls one over.

ElNono
01-28-2010, 04:09 PM
I would only trade Tony for DWill or CP3... and even then, it's debatable...
But I don't see why NO or Utah would like to do it...

Bukefal
01-28-2010, 04:16 PM
I knew that it was bad timing sure. But anybody thats read my posts, which probably isnt many people but you get the point, know that Ive felt this way about Parker way before last night.

Well no player is completely free of criticism aside from TD probably, but idk I just feel people baby Parker too much. He may receive criticism but Ive seen that its nowhere near what it has been for other players. Honestly I made this thread because in the "Stoudemire/Manu" thread I brought up Parker as a trade chip and made note of his poor play this season...and immediately got responses freeing Parker of guilt for his play this season or people treating Parker as an untouchable when it comes to trades.

I realize the chances of him going anywhere are slim at best, Im just saying some Spurs fans need to quit treating him like an untouchable and quit being so reluctant to include Parker in a big deal if need be.

Man, Parker is probably the one who is the least baby'd of all the Spurs players. Parker has ever since he got at the Spurs been criticized and criticized and criticized by everyone. He is exposed to so much critics in every way. Even if he would be an angel and superman in his games, he would still be criticized.

Not just the fans, also Pop, he has always been very very harsh on Tony. With pop being harsh on Tony, yeah, that's also because Tony just needs that probably, He needs that to improve and keep improving and developing. That's what made TP what he is today.
But being baby'd? Certainly not.

Brazil
01-28-2010, 04:31 PM
Parker is my least favorite of the big 3. I would trade him first because he has high trade value.

Now this is great logic. You know why he has high trade value ? because he is good and young. So why would you trade him ? cauz you don't like him ? pretty stupid

FkLA
01-28-2010, 04:43 PM
For those of you saying Parker for another elite PG...why not for a star big man. I know alot of us like to fantasize that teams would take our expiring trash (Bonner, Mason, Finley, etc) for their big-man but lets be realistic we dont have Stern on our side like the Lakers so its not happening. With his emergence Hill can fill the PG void respectably.

Man, Parker is probably the one who is the least baby'd of all the Spurs players. Parker has ever since he got at the Spurs been criticized and criticized and criticized by everyone. He is exposed to so much critics in every way. Even if he would be an angel and superman in his games, he would still be criticized.

Not just the fans, also Pop, he has always been very very harsh on Tony. With pop being harsh on Tony, yeah, that's also because Tony just needs that probably, He needs that to improve and keep improving and developing. That's what made TP what he is today.
But being baby'd? Certainly not.

While I agree partially, I think alot of that criticism and Pop being so demanding was earlier in his career when Parker was going through growing pains. Since he established himself as an all-star and than a Top 10 or 15 MVP candidate last year people give him way too much of a pass. This season in particular he isnt being held responsible for his poor play as much as he should be in my opinion.

Now this is great logic. You know why he has high trade value ? because he is good and young. So why would you trade him ? cauz you don't like him ? pretty stupid

You trade him if the deal is right because:

1.There is no guarantee he stays here past his current contract.
2.Even if he stays, he is not a franchise player we can build around once TD retires.
3.As much as we want teams to give us their stars for our expiring trash its not happening, we need to give up value. Parker would net us the biggest return.
4.Hill's emergence would make Tony's abscence tolerable.

sonic21
01-28-2010, 04:43 PM
Parker for Dwill or cp3, else a Parker trade isn't happening.

baseline bum
01-28-2010, 04:54 PM

Um what? Parker has been getting shit on by internet Spurs fan since 2003. Especially bad is hardcore Manu fan who used to constantly accuse Parker of not passing to him. Parker is always the whipping boy online. I don't know what planet you're on, but here on Earth Parker is relentlessly criticized and put down by people who don't like him as much as Manu.

timvp
01-28-2010, 05:03 PM
Um what? Parker has been getting shit on by internet Spurs fan since 2003. Especially bad is hardcore Manu fan who used to constantly accuse Parker of not passing to him. Parker is always the whipping boy online. I don't know what planet you're on, but here on Earth Parker is relentlessly criticized and put down by people who don't like him as much as Manu.

/thread