PDA

View Full Version : Trade talks about Amare for O'Neal in progress?

RsxPiimp
01-29-2010, 11:55 AM
Beginning Of The End?: Yesterday was filled with a lot of chatter about Phoenix's Amar'e Stoudemire with multiple league sources suggesting that a deal with Phoenix and Miami was getting very close and that Stoudemire would ultimately end up in South Beach as a part of a deal in which Miami would send the expiring contract of Jermaine O'Neal to Phoenix in exchange for Stoudemire and possibly Leandro Barbosa.

As of last night there was no deal imminent with anyone, according to well-placed and informed sources, however in the fourth quarter versus the Mavericks, Stoudemire was benched for the entire fourth quarter.

HoopsWorld Article Jan 29th

Salary dump? You kidding me Sarver?

djohn2oo8
01-29-2010, 12:10 PM
lol Kerr

RsxPiimp
01-29-2010, 12:11 PM
lol Kerr

Correct me if im wrong, but I think the LOL is on Sarver for this one? Dude is known for giving away draft picks for freaking Cash $$$!

jermaine
01-29-2010, 12:18 PM
lol Kerr
That's. Not a good trade imo. Mia would be going small unless they feel Anthony good start.

MiamiHeat
01-29-2010, 12:20 PM
Anthony is a capable defenseman and rebounder

but Amare? ugh,...why the F would we want him? we already have a no defense playing, "scorer" power forward on our team in Beasley

djohn2oo8
01-29-2010, 12:26 PM
Correct me if im wrong, but I think the LOL is on Sarver for this one? Dude is known for giving away draft picks for freaking Cash $$$!

lol Kerr is appropriate at all times

JamStone
01-29-2010, 12:29 PM
If you were the Suns, wouldn't you first ask for Beasley and an expiring like Q-Rich before just going straight salary dump with JO?

edit: "HoopsWorld" nvm

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-29-2010, 12:48 PM
This trade is just mind bogglingly (not even a word but that's how weird this trade is) dumb. It adds to the Suns' payroll this year and all it does to save money is make it so Sarver doesn't have to pay the last year of Barbosa's contract. What a cheap jew piece of shit this guy is, he's willing to piss off the fans even more and make this team even worse just to save a minimal amount of money.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-29-2010, 12:50 PM
Throw in Beasley to PHX and the deal might work.

The Suns don't want Beasley since he might want a new contract in the next 5 years. Unless your name is Steve Nash, the Suns are only interested in you if you want 3 million dollars or less. Looks like the Nash lovers are really getting their wish, Steve Nash playing with a bunch of scrubs so he literally does everything.

Ghazi
01-29-2010, 12:56 PM
Nash ANTI-DEFAMATION PROPAGANDA TIME:

NWyetpWh-yc

Ghazi
01-29-2010, 12:56 PM
great fucking mvp mix :cry

Xylus
01-29-2010, 01:14 PM
I hate everything about this deal. I don't want Jermaine O'Neal's expiring contract, and I sure as hell don't want Michael Fucking Beasley.

21_Blessings
01-29-2010, 01:16 PM
I hate everything about this deal. I don't want Jermaine O'Neal's expiring contract, and I sure as hell don't want Michael Fucking Beasley.

Amare isn't worth much more than that.

NBAdime
01-29-2010, 01:41 PM
That would be such a waste of a deal. I would love the Bulls deal for Noah and somebody else or just Deng.

I. Hustle
01-29-2010, 01:45 PM
I thought the JO For Amar'e deal was old news. Or is this just about them bringing it up again?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-29-2010, 01:49 PM
It's funny that typical Nashfan thinks that the effectiveness of the Nash Amare pick and roll is 100% Nash and 0% Amare, and that if Nash ran the pick and roll with a pile of bricks it would be just as effective. His production wouldn't take a complete nose dive but it would go down considerably without a decent pick and roll partner. Yes I know the "Remember when Amare was injured" argument will get brought up but that year he had three pick and roll options (Marion, Tim Thomas, Boris Diaw) who were all effective at running that play.

NBAdime
01-29-2010, 01:55 PM
It's funny that typical Nashfan thinks that the effectiveness of the Nash Amare pick and roll is 100% Nash and 0% Amare, and that if Nash ran the pick and roll with a pile of bricks it would be just as effective. His production wouldn't take a complete nose dive but it would go down considerably without a decent pick and roll partner. Yes I know the "Remember when Amare was injured" argument will get brought up but that year he had three pick and roll options (Marion, Tim Thomas, Boris Diaw) who were all effective options at running that play.

I've seen Nash be an annoying waste many games. But I'm realistic enough to know that an Amare and Nash trade will never happen. Not when Sarvar sells that 13 jersey every day.

MiamiHeat
01-29-2010, 02:05 PM
no fucking way the HEAT give up Beasley in a trade for Amare

the HEAT already turned that deal down in February of 2009

Beasley is Amare 2.0, no defense, can score at will, kind of stupid in the head....at least beasley is younger.... although beasley just went down with a knee injury, so I can't say "At least he doesn't have amare's knee problems"

HarlemHeat37
01-29-2010, 02:05 PM
Isn't it funny that everybody knows about HoopsWorld's reputation, yet they continue to discuss their "rumors"? LOL..

I used to write for HoopsWorld and I used to make shit up all the time, that's how sad it is LOL..

Allanon
01-29-2010, 02:09 PM
At this point it looks like the Suns and Amare have reached a point of no return.

Amare will get traded before the deadline, the only question is where is he going and who is coming to the Suns.

Xylus
01-29-2010, 02:10 PM
At this point it looks like the Suns and Amare have reached a point of no return.

Amare will get traded before the deadline, the only question is where is he going and who is coming back to the Suns.

I hope he gets traded to Sacramento, Houston, or Golden State.

Allanon
01-29-2010, 02:11 PM
I hope he gets traded to Sacramento, Houston, or Golden State.

Why those teams? You want to see him suffer? :lol

Xylus
01-29-2010, 02:14 PM
Why those teams? You want to see him suffer? :lol

I don't want him going to a current contender, that's for sure. All three of those teams have a lot of attractive pieces.

I really like Amare, but I don't care where he ends up.

da_suns_fan
01-29-2010, 02:15 PM
Salary dump? You kidding me Sarver?

Given the option between Stoudemire at 20 million or nothing, I'll take the cap space.

The Barbosa throw-in is a joke though, if they want Stoudemire, the Suns should be demanding they take Richardson as well.

Xylus
01-29-2010, 02:17 PM
Given the option between Stoudemire at 20 million or nothing, I'll take the cap space.

The Barbosa throw-in is a joke though, if they want Stoudemire, the Suns should be demanding they take Richardson as well.

Agreed. JRich might be slightly better than Barbosa, but Barbosa is much cheaper and surprisingly makes fewer boneheaded mistakes while on the court.

Allanon
01-29-2010, 02:19 PM
I don't want him going to a current contender, that's for sure. All three of those teams have a lot of attractive pieces.

Sacramento - Yup alot of stuff to take there
Houston - I'd take Landry or Brooks but that's about it (for the Suns)
Golden State - I don't think they have anybody talented enough in trade for Amare. Monta is a great scorer but he got into an accident on a friggen moped :)

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-29-2010, 02:20 PM
No non-contender is trading for Amare because of his contract situation, the Suns gave the wrong player the extension. If Amare got an extension, the Suns would have the power to trade him to a lot of teams because they wouldn't have to worry about getting him to stay long term, meanwhile the Suns were the only team in the NBA interested in giving Nash a contract that runs through 2012 and won't be able to trade him when the team is really bad next year.

da_suns_fan
01-29-2010, 02:20 PM
Agreed. JRich might be slightly better than Barbosa, but Barbosa is much cheaper and surprisingly makes fewer boneheaded mistakes while on the court.

Exactly. Plus he's a good guy to have come off the bench and his salary is about right for that type of player. Good role player at a good price.

I dont like anything Miami has to offer, but a pure salary dump of Amare doesnt bother me as it once did. Theyre not gonna get much for him and he entered the "Matrix zone" where he REALLY thinks hes worth 20 million.

The only thing Im afraid of is that Sarver will get roped into making another Shaq/Marion blunder that will cost us again for YEARS.

NBAdime
01-29-2010, 02:21 PM

Like Amare? I take it you A. Don't know him B. Haven't talked to him.

Allanon
01-29-2010, 02:26 PM
BTW, would you Suns fan do a Monta Ellis for Amare trade?

I can see how the Warriors would want to get rid of him and I can see why he'd be a good fit for the Suns. Suns have always been a guard oriented team anyways.

And the reality is Monta's $11 million a year is actually a very good deal for his production.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-29-2010, 02:34 PM

I can see how the Warriors would want to get rid of him and I can see why he'd be a good fit for the Suns. Suns have always been a guard oriented team anyways.

And the reality is Monta's $11 million a year is actually a very good deal for his production.

Na, I don't want Monte. Dragic is the PG of the future, and they should plan accordingly when they're rebuilding.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-29-2010, 02:36 PM
Plus he's a good guy to have come off the bench and his salary is about right for that type of player. Good role player at a good price.

:lmao still high on Tardbosa I see.

Allanon
01-29-2010, 02:38 PM
Na, I don't want Monte. Dragic is the PG of the future, and they should plan accordingly when they're rebuilding.

Dragic at PG and Monta at SG.

It would be a smallish back court but it would be hell on wheels.

Dragic, Monta, Clark and Lopez as the rebuilding core is pretty good.

NBAdime
01-29-2010, 02:50 PM

The only deal we tried to do with the warriors was for Curry, and the warriors fucked us over so they can eat shit now. Hope their whole team ends up a D league haven.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-29-2010, 02:54 PM

I've had enough smallish backcourts. Dragic is a good sized PG who's a very good defender. Don't ruin that with a smallish SG who will get bullied.

Findog
01-29-2010, 02:55 PM
I bet the reason the Suns are desperate to trade Amare is because he'll opt-in this summer for the final year of his contract. With the coming lockout in 201, he's not going to get a great offer on the market this summer.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-29-2010, 03:08 PM
I bet the reason the Suns are desperate to trade Amare is because he'll opt-in this summer for the final year of his contract. With the coming lockout in 201, he's not going to get a great offer on the market this summer.

We're talking about someone who was in his 20's when he graduated from high school :lol, expecting him to analyze the economics of the situation is unrealistic.

And he'll get good offers. Only 1 team gets to sign Lebron, only 1 team gets to sign Bosh, and only 1 team gets to sign Wade. When the other 10 teams who thought it was wise to design a rebuilding plan around a certain free agent class and didn't think about the possibility that the free agents would sign with another team miss out on those guys, they'll overpay guys like Amare out of panic.

Chillen
01-29-2010, 03:20 PM
Wow, how dumb of a trade would that be for Phoenix. Chicago has more to offer, even a Spurs trade of Jefferson, Blair would be a better trade for the Suns. O'neal is way past his prime and his knees are better but this does not help Phoenix long term.

da_suns_fan
01-29-2010, 03:23 PM

Oh HELL NO.

1: We have Dragic
2: We have LB

Both much better bang for the buck.

Allanon
01-29-2010, 03:24 PM
Oh HELL NO.

1: We have Dragic
2: We have LB

Both much better bang for the buck.

Would it make a difference if the Warriors send:

Monta Ellis + Anthony Randolph for Amare?

da_suns_fan
01-29-2010, 03:25 PM
Wow, how dumb of a trade would that be for Phoenix. Chicago has more to offer, even a Spurs trade of Jefferson, Blair would be a better trade for the Suns. O'neal is way past his prime and his knees are better but this does not help Phoenix long term.

Holy shit, why do Spurs fans think that:

1) The Suns even want Jefferson when they have Hill and Dudley and Richardson.

2) The Suns dont want a huge EXPIRING CONTRACT. Have you even HEARD of Robert Sarver?

The Suns arent taking back a Jefferson (and boy did I call that one Spurs fans). Or an Ellis. Or anyone else with more than ZERO years left on their contract unless theyre on their rookie deal.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-29-2010, 03:43 PM
Would it make a difference if the Warriors send:

Monta Ellis + Anthony Randolph for Amare?

They wouldn't do this but I'd trade Amare for Randolph and Morrow. I don't want Ellis.

baseline bum
01-29-2010, 04:00 PM
Phoenix should fucking blow it up for draft picks; follow the Sonics' model. Nash and Stoudemire for lotto picks would be awesome. Trade Amare to Minnesota, where he'll ensure they stay lottery bound, and then reap the rewards with high draft pick after high draft pick. Then trade Nash to the Warriors so he can reunite with Nelson, and ride their incompetence to good picks too.

da_suns_fan
01-29-2010, 04:18 PM
Phoenix should fucking blow it up for draft picks; follow the Sonics' model. Nash and Stoudemire for lotto picks would be awesome. Trade Amare to Minnesota, where he'll ensure they stay lottery bound, and then reap the rewards with high draft pick after high draft pick. Then trade Nash to the Warriors so he can reunite with Nelson, and ride their incompetence to good picks too.

Theres only ONE problem with this plan.

The Suns have no 2010 first round pick. They traded it away as a BRIBE for Seatlle/OKC to take Kurt Thomas.

So if the Suns tank, OKC reaps the benefits.

Steve Kerr for Prez!!!

Kamnik
01-29-2010, 04:19 PM
I was already saying Suns should blow up their team while they can get decent value for Nash and Amare.

This year they are worth less, and next they will be worth even less...

Suns could get some crazy good draft picks like baseline bum sugested. Those picks with Dragič, Lopez and others could be a nice rebuilding foundation.

Kamnik
01-29-2010, 04:20 PM

The Suns have no 2010 first round pick. They traded it away as a BRIBE for Seatlle/OKC to take Kurt Thomas.

Steve Kerr for Prez!!!

:rollin

Got to love Kerr/Sarver!

Hard times for Suns fans...

FkLA
01-29-2010, 04:29 PM
When did Robin Lopez become part of the foundation for rebuilding in Phoenix? All Ive read from Phoenix fans is how horrible he is.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-29-2010, 04:35 PM

Steve Kerr for Prez!!!

They still need to get young and rebuild. There was no point in waiting a year to do it. They threw away an entire season just to ensure OKC doesn't get a high pick (even though it still might be a lottery pick). Because they did that, they throw away any chance at getting a good package of young players for Nash, will wind up trading Amare for nothing, and among other things made rebuilding way harder than it needed to be. I don't think anyone wants a repeat of what the 1995-2005 era but it's well on its way. The one thing they have going for themselves is Steve Kerr doesn't massively overpay players the way Brian Colangelo did.

Pero
01-29-2010, 04:36 PM
He's (Lopez) been playing (I guess surprisingly) well lately.

Chillen
01-29-2010, 04:58 PM
Trade with Chicago and keep Nash. What Chicago has to offer is a heck of alot more than a knee jerked O'Neal.

TD 21
01-29-2010, 06:53 PM
I like this trade for the Heat a lot. Stoudemire is a headcase and lacks consistency as well as a well rounded game, meaning he's not a true number one option, but as a second option to one of the five best players in the game, he's a perfect fit. Barbosa is as well, even though he's a combo guard. Wade is the Heat's de facto PG any way, all the Heat need is someone who can relieve him of some of the ball handling responsibilities and knock down open shots when playing off the ball (a la Fisher). Barbosa can do this and can create his own shot.

Yeah, it takes the Heat (assuming they re-sign Stoudemire) out of the 2010 free agency bonanza and robs them of the chance to lure either James or Bosh to join Wade, but the chances of that happening were probably not that great to begin with. With the explosive scoring of Stoudemire and Barbosa, plus the fact that both are sub-par defenders, the Heat would no longer need another player who fits that description. Which means Beasley could become a valuable trade chip to fill more pressing needs, like center and small forward. Going forward, a core of Wade, Stoudemire, Barbosa, Chalmers, Haslem (if he's re-signed), plus whatever they acquire for Beasley, that's a team that could do damage in the East.

JMarkJohns
01-29-2010, 09:59 PM
For all the good that should come through any trade, I'm certain this will not end well for Phoenix and its fans. Perhaps I'm too skeptical, but I'm not holding out any hope for quality pieces returning to Phoenix in exchange for Amare or a "throw in" like Barbosa (who shouldn't just be thrown in as he does have a decent contract and does produce when healthy, so he has value).

A package of Amare and Barbosa should fetch a quality package of expiring contracts, one or two young prospects with good upside and a nice draft pick. I don't expect anything beyond the "expiring contracts" part.

da_suns_fan
01-29-2010, 10:03 PM
For all the good that should come through any trade, I'm certain this will not end well for Phoenix and its fans. Perhaps I'm too skeptical, but I'm not holding out any hope for quality pieces returning to Phoenix in exchange for Amare or a "throw in" like Barbosa (who shouldn't just be thrown in as he does have a decent contract and does produce when healthy, so he has value).

A package of Amare and Barbosa should fetch a quality package of expiring contracts, one or two young prospects with good upside and a nice draft pick. I don't expect anything beyond the "expiring contracts" part.

I agree, Barbosa is an absolute deal-breaker.

I'll say no to any Amare trade that doesnt include Richardson. If there just able to get those two out of Phoenix, then theyre in a great spot to go after free agents this summer.

Steve Jobs
01-29-2010, 10:50 PM
Please send to Golden State.

lefty
01-30-2010, 02:17 AM
http://obsessedwithsports.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/amare-stoudamire-lakers.jpg

Def Rowe
01-30-2010, 02:32 AM
I can't believe Phoenix didn't get a draft pick back from the Shaq trade. You'd think Steve Kerr could have negotiated something better.

ClippersDynasty
01-30-2010, 03:05 AM
Lakers should trade Bynum for Amare. Bynum will never show up in a big game against a legit Center. He just plays too soft. He'll just keep beating up on shitty teams with 6'9 Centers and Lakerfans will keep busting nuts over the guy like he's worth a shit but he isn't when it actually matters. Amare actually sucks dick, but the Lakers should look into dealing Bynum.

RsxPiimp
01-30-2010, 03:54 AM
Lakers should trade Bynum for Amare.

Pau/Amare frontcourt sounds like buffet for physical and imposing teams.

ClippersDynasty
01-30-2010, 03:57 AM
Pau/Amare frontcourt sounds like buffet for physical and imposing teams.

Kinda like the Lakers are now? :lol I wasn't being serious about that trade BTW, Amare sucks. Lakers should definitely look into dealing Bynum though.