PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Warner Retires

SpursFanFirst
01-29-2010, 03:16 PM
Yeah, I know...post the story, and not just the link, but I'm really tired right now. Maybe later.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4870096

J.T.
01-29-2010, 03:24 PM
Hall of Famer :tu

Xylus
01-29-2010, 03:37 PM
Damn it.

lefty
01-29-2010, 04:02 PM
Fuck

I like him

himat
01-29-2010, 04:06 PM
Is Leinart could enough to make this team good next year???

Great guy though. Great player. Should go in the hall of fame.

ShoogarBear
01-29-2010, 04:29 PM
Favre won't be able to take being out of the headlines for long.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-29-2010, 04:53 PM
Is Leinart could enough to make this team good next year???

This should answer your question:

Damn it.

slick'81
01-29-2010, 05:03 PM
what a story what a player he went on his terms gotta respect that

CubanMustGo
01-29-2010, 06:02 PM
Boldin is saying "trade me now, dammit, Leinart won't be able to get the ball to me like Kurt did."

CubanMustGo
01-29-2010, 06:28 PM
"... and if Leinart can't get me the ball, I won't be be able to get that max contract from anyone when my contract finally runs out."

crc21209
01-29-2010, 06:42 PM
Great person and great football player. I thought this guy was done after he won his ring in St. Louis and then went to the Giants. Big props to him for coming back strong again :tu

Spurminator
01-29-2010, 06:54 PM
One of my favorites. :tu

Udokafan05
01-29-2010, 09:25 PM
Warner is Hall of Famer. Cardinals will try to get McNabb

pawe
01-29-2010, 09:42 PM
Cardinals will not go after Mcnabb. Either Matt Leinart will take the reigns or draft a qb on the 2nd round...they're saying it's gonna be Tebow.

Thanks Kurt for jump starting a winning attitude in AZ. You're a lock for the HOF.

JMarkJohns
01-29-2010, 09:52 PM
He infuriated me on more than one occasion, but as someone who's always watched the Cardinals, I love that he helped make the team relevant. I don't think Arizona does it without him. His story is amazing, and his peak years were unbelievable. When healthy, he was as good a QB as the game had.

SpursFanFirst
01-29-2010, 10:59 PM
I really hope Kurt Warner changes his mind and returns to the NFL before the season starts.

That's a Favre move, so I doubt it.

phxspurfan
01-29-2010, 11:12 PM
Well it was fun being a contender for a couple years.

Spursfan092120
01-29-2010, 11:43 PM
He won't pull a Favre. Great player, great person, great story. Unfortunately, it had to end sometime. Good luck to ya, Kurt.

CubanMustGo
01-29-2010, 11:45 PM
Cardinals will not go after Mcnabb. Either Matt Leinart will take the reigns or draft a qb on the 2nd round...they're saying it's gonna be Tebow.

Thanks Kurt for jump starting a winning attitude in AZ. You're a lock for the HOF.

After once drafting a Heismann-winning QB who can't play in the pros, you'd hope the AZ brain trust is smart enough to keep from repeating that mistake. The Cards are going to miss Kurt's leadership and insane passing skills - don't envy whoever has to try to fill those shoes next season.

BlackSwordsMan
01-30-2010, 12:21 AM
Mama there goes that man

johngateswhiteley
01-30-2010, 01:21 AM
dude was a hall of famer, no doubt. now, for the first time (yes the first time) we will see what Leinart has...only haters or pessimists would deny. i'm not saying he'll be good, i'm saying we'll find out.

lefty
01-30-2010, 02:27 AM
Good luck with Leinart, Larry Fitz.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-30-2010, 11:57 AM
dude was a hall of famer, no doubt. now, for the first time (yes the first time) we will see what Leinart has...only haters or pessimists would deny. i'm not saying he'll be good, i'm saying we'll find out.

Leinart has had plenty of chances to prove himself, this isn't the first time we'll see Leinart. He started most of the games his rookie season and sucked. 2nd season he was handed the job as starter and was benched the 3rd game of the season, ultimately breaking his collarbone. His 3rd season the coach said it's a competition but it was "Leinart's job to lose". Well, he lost it throwing 3 picks in 1 quarter against the Raiders in a preseason game. Like it or not inaccurate lefties with releases so slow that it gives corners time to jump routes don't frequently succeed in the NFL.

phxspurfan
01-30-2010, 03:39 PM
Well if the Cardinals build a nice hot tub in the stadium and add some bars to crawl then Leinart should do fine.

pawe
01-30-2010, 10:05 PM
As a Cards fan, I will support Leinart 100%. He was getting starter money so he better adopt a leadership mentality because right now, this is his team. I know Whiz doesnt like ML as his QB but I hope he instill confidence in him by supporting him all the way and calling plays that will use ML's strengths.

He had 4 yrs of tutelage under KW so if he didnt learn anything from that, he should retire from the NFL after this season.

johngateswhiteley
01-31-2010, 02:25 AM
Leinart has had plenty of chances to prove himself, this isn't the first time we'll see Leinart. He started most of the games his rookie season and sucked. 2nd season he was handed the job as starter and was benched the 3rd game of the season, ultimately breaking his collarbone. His 3rd season the coach said it's a competition but it was "Leinart's job to lose". Well, he lost it throwing 3 picks in 1 quarter against the Raiders in a preseason game. Like it or not inaccurate lefties with releases so slow that it gives corners time to jump routes don't frequently succeed in the NFL.

you basically made my point...

1) rookie year - can't expect much
2) second year - broke his collar bone
3) third year - kurt warner was his backup and would have beat out almost every qb in the league, how'd you like to have that behind you if you were Leinart?

its the same song, different verse, every year. people are too quick to write off players and too quick to anoint players...its getting ridiculous. for example, how do the George Hill naysayers feel, now?

the bottom line is we don't know, he hasn't been given the reigns, fully, since he's been there. we will find out now it appears. maybe he'll suck, maybe he won't.

tony320
01-31-2010, 08:21 PM
So today I bought the essie nail polish (http://www.essienailpolish.org/) Sand Tropez nail polish. It’s the perfect nude color. I only needed two applications then a top coat. It is my first time using Essie nail polish and I am very pleased with the polish.

ducks
02-02-2010, 10:58 PM
Hall of Famer :tu

way better then peyton

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-02-2010, 11:00 PM
3) third year - kurt warner was his backup and would have beat out almost every qb in the league, how'd you like to have that behind you if you were Leinart?

Yeah, Kurt Warner is why Leinart threw 3 interceptions in 1 quarter of a preseason game. It def. wasn't the fact Leinart is a lazy scrub who wasn't working hard during training camp.

ducks
02-02-2010, 11:01 PM
you basically made my point...

1) rookie year - can't expect much
2) second year - broke his collar bone

its the same song, different verse, every year. people are too quick to write off players and too quick to anoint players...its getting ridiculous. for example, how do the George Hill naysayers feel, now?

the bottom line is we don't know, he hasn't been given the reigns, fully, since he's been there. we will find out now it appears. maybe he'll suck, maybe he won't.

I agree maybe he will suck
but all year last year during summer he worked with brady
he might not throw 60 yards but most 60 yard passes get dropped

he may not be warner but
if wells gets better he does not have to be
the cards need to stay on the field longer on the o by running the ball more so their d does not get eaten alive

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-02-2010, 11:03 PM

He was given the reigns his 2nd year and lost the job to Warner cause he sucked so much. I know you're a USC homer and think their players can do no wrong, but it's pretty hard to defend a player who's gotten the most press as an NFL player for having pictures pop up on the dirty.

ducks
02-02-2010, 11:04 PM
Well if the Cardinals build a nice hot tub in the stadium and add some bars to crawl then Leinart should do fine.

I think he learned his lesson
knowing he will get a chance this year
I bet he will try hard to work all summer with brady again

also if he wants a big contract soon he knows he has to prove himself soon

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-02-2010, 11:09 PM
he might not throw 60 yards but most 60 yard passes get dropped

Was your mother bathing in nuclear waste when she was pregnant with you?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-02-2010, 11:13 PM
I think he learned his lesson
knowing he will get a chance this year
I bet he will try hard to work all summer with brady again

also if he wants a big contract soon he knows he has to prove himself soon

Brady won't make him smart or right handed. We're talking about a QB so stupid all he could take his senior year of college was ballroom dancing.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-02-2010, 11:21 PM
Guarantee: If Matt Leinart is the starter for the Cardinals next season, they will not make the playoffs or go .500, and he'll have 20 or more interceptions.

bostonguy
02-03-2010, 12:08 AM
Was your mother bathing in nuclear waste when she was pregnant with you?

:lmao:lmao

LOL texans
02-03-2010, 12:26 AM
always liked Warner.

ducks
02-03-2010, 12:28 AM
Guarantee: If Matt Leinart is the starter for the Cardinals next season, they will not make the playoffs or go .500, and he'll have 20 or more interceptions.

if cards do not improve their d

it would not matter who their quarberback is they will lose

pawe
02-03-2010, 01:43 AM
they'll lose a lot of good players for defense so this might not be a good year for the Cards. I hope they address the cb and defense situation on draft night instead of drafting a qb.

760Spursfan
02-03-2010, 02:11 AM
Good luck to the Cards if Matt takes over next year. I think St Pierre would be a better option.

johngateswhiteley
02-04-2010, 01:45 AM
He was given the reigns his 2nd year and lost the job to Warner cause he sucked so much. I know you're a USC homer and think their players can do no wrong, but it's pretty hard to defend a player who's gotten the most press as an NFL player for having pictures pop up on the dirty.

My argument was sound logic. Your responses have been irrational.